Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,373 members, 7,781,044 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:59 AM

Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records (20892 Views)

How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? / Nigerian Lady In The US Army Confused Her Colleague With Pidgin English / Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by jomoh: 9:37am On Jul 18, 2017
jguy007:

NB: AM SURE THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME ITS HAPPENING....SHE OR SHOULD I SAY THEY HAVE BEEN DOING IT BEFORE I CAME. I DON'T HAVE PROOF OF THAT BUT I GUESS SO CUS NOW THEY THINK AM DUMB SINCE I DIDN'T NOTICE THE FIRST FRAUD ,WHICH I DID BUT KEPT QUIET THAT'S WHY THEY COMMITTED ANOTHER.

First, remove the name of the organisation. those people may be on NL or have people that is on NL.

Guy my advise is, don't even try to confront either of them. They will rope you in faster than you can blink.

You have two options.

1. Go straight to the man that helped you secure a job without knowing you from Adam. To get a job without submitting a CV is not easy it takes grace. Not even a guarantor to guaranty that you're trust worthy. Now you have the opportunity to become your own guarantor with your loyalty and integrity.

Do that and see yourself rise faster than you can imagine but first try and know if the man himself is not in on the deal husband or not. You need to be quick with it because the longer you stay quiet the harder it becomes for anyone to believe your innocence in the future.

2. Keep quiet and never try to get involved even if they invite you to it. If the sheet goes south in the future, you dem at any knowledge of wrong doing. BTW stop collecting money for them when it's not your shift cos they may call you as witness in the future. Only direct the customers to them for payment. With that it will be easier for you to deny any knowledge of wrong doing.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Biggers82(m): 9:37am On Jul 18, 2017
Take this whistle and blow it nah don't disturb us again
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by kingsleyugo41(m): 9:38am On Jul 18, 2017
Wrong advice,pls dont let her know that u knew what is going on bc if u do she will set u up just talk to the privatly.
hakeem4:
My advice.

Call your colleague, talk to her and tell her what she's doing is not good

If she doesn't change. Low blow the whistle and if you're scared of blowing the whistle I can help you sha

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:46am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:
What's your business?

Face your role and responsibility!

money he remitted is being stolen. how does that not concern him? if they are caught, he will be affected.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by denitro(m): 9:51am On Jul 18, 2017
Your thread is very interesting.
The responses clearly shows why Nigeria seems to be where it is now.
It is clear that
Now
20% will report, 50% will mind their business, 30% will cash in and be rich.
3 months later
50% of the 20%who reported will be setup, they will have lost their job, they will regret your life
50% of the 50% minding their business will be compromised.
100% of the 30% will upgrade and will be deep in the fraud and will devise new ways for more
criminality.
6 months later
100% of the remaining (50% of the 20%) will change the hotel and will be happy with themselves.
50% of the (50% of the 50%) minding their business will join the criminals.
100% of the 30% are still stealing from the hotel

IN THE END
A change of Management and they will all be caught.
The mind your business group will be hired for negligence
The group that reported will be praised (Clear Conscience).
I belong to the 20% group. WHAT ABOUT YOU?

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by denitro(m): 9:54am On Jul 18, 2017
jguy007:
On the 5th of July 2017, i resumed work at a prestige hotel in Ikeja through a man i met at a car wash while i was washing cars for stipend to earn a living. The day i met him, i just finished washing a car and i worked up to him and requested an audience, and then told him i was looking for a job because am a computer engineering graduate trying a make a living, and all this took place sometime around February. He agreed to help and I, without giving much though didn't bother him anymore cause i was already tired of telling people i needed a job when i already know jobs are hard to come by these days. But surprisingly he came looking for my with the MD of a hotel and (devil is a lie) i wasnt at the car wash that moment,i went to see someone. He waited and waited and at some point was angry,then he left only for me to return few minutes later to be told he came looking for me...i was mad
*******************fast forward to 2weeks back*************************
He called one early morning and asked to meet me at the car wash so i could go see the MD that morning and i did. She interviewed me for few minutes, collected my C.V and asked me when i would like to resume work.So eager i said the next day and she was fine with it.Ever since that day i never saw her again but i was going to work and enjoying it too
**************************4days later*******************************
While on my shift, i made some sales and then early that morning,on my off day( cus i sleep in the office and handover sales made earlier the next day to my colleague) between 2am and 3am, two guest worked in to book a room. I assigned rooms to them and they paid me cash. I then handed the money to my colleague that was on duty that morning and went home only to return the following and discover while going thru the records that she only recorded one out of the two rooms i sold for her that morning. I searched the whole books for that room but couldn't find a trace of it, then i knew something was up. I never confronted her about it but i just decided to watch if twas gonna happen again.
**************************4days later after that*******************************
A similar thing occurred and this time so obvious. Four friends came in early in the morning on my off day and one of them paid cash for two rooms which i allocated to them and again gave the money to the same colleague before leaving that morning.On returning on my shift, she wrote down the two rooms sha but wrote 1POS and 1CASH, which was a lie cause i was the one that collected cash from them and they never paid thru POS.
**************************back to present day*******************************
Have been thing of confronting her directly but i cant cause i noticed too that she isnt alone in it, the manager is in with her and they are kind of close(i noticed it on the first day of resumption)
I also thought of telling the man that made me get the job cause later i found out that the MD is his wife, which was a shocker to me cause till now i didn't submit an application letter or bring in any guarantor before i got the job.
I don't wanna betray his trust either cause this might be a test to me
PLease friends what do i do?
NB: AM SURE THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME ITS HAPPENING....SHE OR SHOULD I SAY THEY HAVE BEEN DOING IT BEFORE I CAME. I DON'T HAVE PROOF OF THAT BUT I GUESS SO CUS NOW THEY THINK AM DUMB SINCE I DIDN'T NOTICE THE FIRST FRAUD ,WHICH I DID BUT KEPT QUIET THAT'S WHY THEY COMMITTED ANOTHER.

Your thread is very interesting.
The responses clearly shows why Nigeria seems to be where it is now.
It is clear that
Now
20% will report, 50% will mind their business, 30% will cash in and be rich.
3 months later
50% of the 20%who reported will be setup, they will have lost their job, they will regret your life
50% of the 50% minding their business will be compromised.
100% of the 30% will upgrade and will be deep in the fraud and will devise new ways for more
criminality.
6 months later
100% of the remaining (50% of the 20%) will change the hotel and will be happy with themselves.
50% of the (50% of the 50%) minding their business will join the criminals.
100% of the 30% are still stealing from the hotel

IN THE END
A change of Management and they will all be caught.
The mind your business group will be hired for negligence
The group that reported will be praised (Clear Conscience).
I belong to the 20% group. WHAT ABOUT YOU?
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 18, 2017
adetayo234:

Will you give this advice if you are the owner of that business?

He is endangering his life and this is what i'm after not the money...Daniel in the scripture saw corruption in governance, what did Daniel do, go read your scriptures...
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by ghmnoble: 9:57am On Jul 18, 2017
[quote author=Young03 post=58556444][/quote]

You are quoting the Bible wrongly. The interpretation of the Bible cannot be done out of context.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Chidonc(m): 9:58am On Jul 18, 2017
jguy007:
On the 5th of July 2017, i resumed work at a prestige hotel in Ikeja through a man i met at a car wash while i was washing cars for stipend to earn a living. The day i met him, i just finished washing a car and i worked up to him and requested an audience, and then told him i was looking for a job because am a computer engineering graduate trying a make a living, and all this took place sometime around February. He agreed to help and I, without giving much though didn't bother him anymore cause i was already tired of telling people i needed a job when i already know jobs are hard to come by these days. But surprisingly he came looking for my with the MD of a hotel and (devil is a lie) i wasnt at the car wash that moment,i went to see someone. He waited and waited and at some point was angry,then he left only for me to return few minutes later to be told he came looking for me...i was mad
He called one early morning and asked to meet me at the car wash so i could go see the MD that morning and i did. She interviewed me for few minutes, collected my C.V and asked me when i would like to resume work.So eager i said the next day and she was fine with it.Ever since that day i never saw her again but i was going to work and enjoying it too
While on my shift, i made some sales and then early that morning,on my off day( cus i sleep in the office and handover sales made earlier the next day to my colleague) between 2am and 3am, two guest worked in to book a room. I assigned rooms to them and they paid me cash. I then handed the money to my colleague that was on duty that morning and went home only to return the following and discover while going thru the records that she only recorded one out of the two rooms i sold for her that morning. I searched the whole books for that room but couldn't find a trace of it, then i knew something was up. I never confronted her about it but i just decided to watch if twas gonna happen again.
A similar thing occurred and this time so obvious. Four friends came in early in the morning on my off day and one of them paid cash for two rooms which i allocated to them and again gave the money to the same colleague before leaving that morning.On returning on my shift, she wrote down the two rooms sha but wrote 1POS and 1CASH, which was a lie cause i was the one that collected cash from them and they never paid thru POS.
Have been thing of confronting her directly but i cant cause i noticed too that she isnt alone in it, the manager is in with her and they are kind of close(i noticed it on the first day of resumption)
I also thought of telling the man that made me get the job cause later i found out that the MD is his wife, which was a shocker to me cause till now i didn't submit an application letter or bring in any guarantor before i got the job.

op u dont need to snitch on them directly, dont ever confront them, just call the man that gave you the job and tell him to send some of his friends to book rooms while you are off, and he should check the records personally the next day, dont worry he is no fool, he would get the msg.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by GuntersChain(m): 10:02am On Jul 18, 2017
op has forgotten his job description in that hotel. So hotel do employ people as spies too.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:

Fresh graduates!

Smh....

You re still a crook whether you graduated 1000years ago, a crook is a crook.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by 0b100100111: 10:13am On Jul 18, 2017
quentin06:

You re still a crook whether you graduated 1000years ago, a crook is a crook.

Couldn't have been wrong.

Your journey in life will teach you alot.

All the best!
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by bossrillboss: 10:13am On Jul 18, 2017
my guy na so hotel biz b o,u cant change it,even if dey sacked dos guys nd bring in new staffs na so d thrend go continue o,na so one rum money go dey miss till d day of resurrection o,just mind ur biz nd b a honest guy u r,I wld av adivce u to always record d money u collect weather u av closed or abt to close it will help to solve d bullshit.just mind ur biz cos nobody knws 2mrw.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Vernor(m): 10:19am On Jul 18, 2017
Now I know why Nigeria is going for extinction. Pls pretend as if u don't know inform the man that brought u in to set up trap for them and all of u will be investigated. But make sure that all payment you received is with receipt. Also document in your personal book date, amount u gave according to the receipt against amount remitted. Just 2 week plan talk 2 man they can send 4 guest to come and sleep in d hotel and to see how much is remitted and those people must get receipt and the room they slept must be written on d receipt to add more they can take pictures to assure your Oga they actually slept there. Pls don't mind people saying nay because they will get what they sow. One say u and them will surely pray to have business one day what u do today u will receive.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by khanwale(m): 10:30am On Jul 18, 2017
Please inform the owners. They deserve to know. Also try to be discreet about it. Try telling them to keep you anonymous

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 18, 2017
adetayo234:

Will you give this advice if you are the owner of that business?

You have no idea about businesses in Nigeria obviously..Don't bother quote me again
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Omooniya1: 10:43am On Jul 18, 2017
Tell dat ur man that get u d job to send at least like 4 people to that hotel to come and lodge inn and make sure dey pay with cash and see what will happen to their payment
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 18, 2017
I empathize. Try and be smart about it, convince the owner to please install CCTV and also automate the booking process.
Tell him it is important and that it will help enhance security and make the hotel compliant with worldwide standard.
The rest will be sorted out when they are caught red handed!
You should also pray about it.

Cheers.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Lacoolmley: 11:00am On Jul 18, 2017
This is typical in Hotel Business in Nigeria. All the employees form a cabal to defraud the owner. Even when a sincere staff comes on board, he becomes corrupt over a short time. I will advise the OP to report those thieves right away. Work for others as you would like others to work for you.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by gaventa: 11:09am On Jul 18, 2017
I am a graduate of hospitality management, also i have few years of experience in the field. i just want to let you know its very normal for you to come across things like this in the industry especially sub-standard hotels but i will advice you, if you cant beat them you join them but if you feel you cant join them, you can politely call your colleagues attention to the "error" and let the person defend himself but make sure you go about it in a mature manner, don't decide to report to someone, thank God you said the manager is involved too, if you try to act like the righteous staff by reporting my dear remember you will leave the organization someday. make sure you remain diligent and honest with your job too till the end and i assure you that records will vindicate you one day. also remember to hand over properly with a witness too. NB: #nobodyholypass
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by everton4life(m): 11:16am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:
What's your business?

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by tabithababy(f): 11:18am On Jul 18, 2017
Mecoy:
I guess this is the Prestige Hotel in Alausa.

I have already sent this story to the MD. He will investigate.

Thanks for the heads up!

how did you know??
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Koolking(m): 11:52am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:
What's your business?

This is our problem in Nigeria. Everyone looks the other way while minor few loot our collective treasury. It does not concern us.
When they exhaust the treasury we resort to blame games as consolation.

Op, confront the criminal and demand he put a stop. If she does not stop, report your concern to the owner. It's a privilege you have access to the owner of the business.

Nigerians are rogues. They will mismanage and run down where they derive their daily manna, and move on to the next, while the innocents are caught up in their web of insincerity and lies.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by LOVEGINO(m): 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:
What's your business?

I pity d idiot feature.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by DieBuhari: 12:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
gaventa:
I am a graduate of hospitality management, also i have few years of experience in the field. i just want to let you know its very normal for you to come across things like this in the industry especially sub-standard hotels but i will advice you, if you cant beat them you join them but if you feel you cant join them, you can politely call your colleagues attention to the "error" and let the person defend himself but make sure you go about it in a mature manner, don't decide to report to someone, thank God you said the manager is involved too, if you try to act like the righteous staff by reporting my dear remember you will leave the organization someday. make sure you remain diligent and honest with your job too till the end and i assure you that records will vindicate you one day. also remember to hand over properly with a witness too. NB: #nobodyholypass
As a graduate in hospitality management that you claim to be, I was thinking you will come up with a professional suggestion that will help the owner of the hotel close the loopholes, instead this is the rubbish you came up with.
You are a failed graduate.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 18, 2017
@ op a very senior officer of a bank just lost his job which he is not even aware of at the moment cos he at ikoyi prison on remand order by the court.
The man in question is a christain when I use the word christain in this context , he is a role model of what a christain should be.
What happened? The regional manager, branch manager and some other officials were busy stealing from the bank using other people's account. The bank customers never knew cos no alert or notification was sent.
He knew , never participated nor shared on the loot. But simply kept quiet. Until head office discovered the scam, investigated and noticed almost 1.8billion naira missing.
He has been charged for stealing and conspiracy and presently cooling off at ikoyi.
Did he conspired with others ?.Expressly he didn't but impliedly he did conspired ccos he breached the fiducir duty he had to report any inappropriate financial transactions giving his post and also duty he owes the bank and her customers to ensure depositors monies is safe.
From the above, you can now deduce that you will also be in hot soup should it be discovered. They might have observed it via CCTV cameras and secret recorders you are not aware and wants to test your integrity if you will join them or burst them.
There is no middle ground here. It's either you are with management or against management by sitting on the fence.
If they are caught tomorrow and it is discovered you knew this material fact but failed, refused or neglected to disclose same, you will be charged along with them and you will lose your job, pay part of the money stolen and also their trust.
I will advice you tell the man, but before then get an audio/video recorder as evidence should incase you discover the man is in on the scam. You might never be too sure.
After this , proceed to let him know. Qed.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 18, 2017
Omooniya1:
Tell dat ur man that get u d job to send at least like 4 people to that hotel to come and lodge inn and make sure dey pay with cash and see what will happen to their payment

This is a perfect investigative ideal.but ok should alone do this if the man is on his side.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Bishop(m): 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2017
jguy007:

You will be a great disservice to your self, if you don't have a way of exonerating your self in future, for not let's assume you are part of the scam. to distinguish your person.

Create a handover system where both shift will sign and acknowledge monies received, better still suggest this to the management if your colleagues won't accept your suggestion.
I can assure you that your thieving colleagues will behave well.

Let me also assure you that they will set you up too soon so Be prepared and be a step ahead of every plan.

Thank me Later

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
You are there because the man saw you as hardworking and trustworthy. He saw you as a guy that will rather get dirty than prey on people. Act the way you will act if the hotel were to be yours. Do what you are convinced is the right thing...

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Mecoy(m): 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2017
tabithababy:

how did you know??

Just a guess.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by DJInfluence: 1:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
There is no two way about this. Tell the person that got the job for you, especially because his wife is the owner of the hotel like you said. This might also be a great opportunity for you, because you can win his trust by informing him and who knows, you might be given a greater responsibility in the future.

Also, if you donĀ“t tell him, you might be implicated as an enabler and accomplice to the stealing taking place when it is discovered.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2017
If you enjoy working there, you have to find a way to expose this fraud. Otherwise, your colleagues will run the hotel to the ground and before you know it, you're back to washing cars.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rashidat Adeola, Nigerian Lady Mechanic: What A Man Can Do, A Woman Can Do / Corporate Finance/Investment Bankers/Stockbrokers Forum / Please Help!! I Wish To Be More Productive To Myself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.