Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. (13360 Views)

What Lessons Can We Learn From Atheist? Why Did God Create Atheist ? / My Atheist Friends, How True Is This? / Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 6:36pm On Jul 18, 2017
felixomor:

Have u seen it now? undecided
ofcourse.! I have seen how irrational you are.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by felixomor: 6:41pm On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
ofcourse.! I have seen how irrational you are.

Nah, someone who cant see his own grammatical blunders is incapable of being rational

Clear your ignorance cool

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 6:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
felixomor:

Nah, someone who cant see his own grammatical blunders is incapable of being rational

Clear your ignorance cool
are you perfect?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 6:55pm On Jul 18, 2017
Let me digress a bit in aid of my atheist friends.

There is a law known as the Law of diminishing returns and in a nutshell it is used to refer to a point at which the level of profits or benefits gained is less than the amount of money or energy invested.

In Christianity as we go forward we experience an increase in self value, inner strength, Increase in Joy, peace, and every other morally beneficial aspect of life plus an increase in a desire to love and live to love.

However in atheism what we have is the effect of this law of diminishing returns in full swing.

The longer they are atheist the more withdrawn they become. The more meaningless life begins to look and I have seen a lot of atheists ask the ULTIMATE QUESTION which is :

WHAT IS THE VALUE OF BEING BORN?
WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF LIFE?
WHY DO WE LIVE SO WE CAN DIE?

and I have seen a lot arrive at a profound conclusion that LIFE IS MEANINGLESS.

Now a lot of these atheists subscribe to evolution but not creation. They do not subscribe to THE FIRST CAUSE . However since a lot of them believe in evolution, they see plants show proof of their value and how they guard themselves from predators BECAUSE they see MEANING in their existence.

For example A ROSE is so beautiful but had to develop thorns to protect itself from being eaten by animals.

Cactus plants see reason for existence hence their spines which protect them from animals.

Foxgloves produce several deadly chemicals namely Cardiac and steroidal glycosides whose ingestion can cause nausea, hallucinations, vomiting, convulsions and death. This is simply a defence mechanism because they see VALUE in their existence.

How about lower animals like reptiles? They have a vast array of defences from biting to playing possum to camouflage to autotomy.

All because THEY SEE VALUE IN THEMSELVES.

Atheism would take you eventually beneath the reasoning of plants or reptiles and all you see about yourself is simply A CREATURE OF ABSOLUTELY NO SIGNIFICANCE.

This is all its hyped up to be. And it's at this point we have seen people get carried away in either straight jackets or body bags.

What a way to live!

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by bobowaja(m): 6:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
Miss/Mrs spacetacular, I have gone through your thread and I have not seen where the link between your bloody scene and the question asked is located. You will do more to explain yourself.

Secondly, going through your thread I was disappointed. You as a learned woman should know that believing in spirituality doesn't amount to religion, there is a clear difference between the two. And about labeling people who don't belief in religion God/gods atheist, madam you are wrong there. People like me don't belief in religion but I know there is an intelligent being out there that designed all these things - I strongly belief in cause and effect and to me nothing comes by accident . So, with that will you label me an atheist or unbeliever? (I actually belief in higher being but not religion God). And in no where have I seen where religion is synonymous with the word believer .

And lastly, may I ask you why you are trying hard to protect and fight for your God? Is He not an omnipotent and omniscience as you guys posit Him to be?

Please live and let's live. Earth will be a more better place if we all can mind our business/businesses and love one another.

Good evening sister and other members in the room. ........
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 6:59pm On Jul 18, 2017
bobowaja:
Miss/Mrs spacetacular, I have gone through your thread and I have not seen where the link between your bloody scene and the question asked is located. You will do more to explain yourself.

Secondly, going through your thread I was disappointed. You as a learned woman should know that believing in spirituality doesn't amount to religion, there is a clear difference between the two. And about labeling people who don't belief in religion God/gods atheist, madam you are wrong there. People like me don't belief in religion but I know there is an intelligent being out there that designed all these things - I strongly belief in cause and effect and to me nothing comes by accident . So, with that will you label me an atheist or unbeliever? (I actually belief in higher being but not religion God). And in no where have I seen where religion is synonymous with the word believer .

And lastly, may I ask you why you are trying hard to protect and fight for your God? Is He not an omnipotent and omniscience as you guys posit Him to be?

Please live and let's live. Earth will be a more better place if we all can mind our business/businesses and love one another.

Good evening sister and other members in the room.

I NEVER labelled anyone. They labelled themselves. They volunteered themselves and their definitions and openly declared they are atheists. How then was I the one who labelled them?

My first incident inclusion was to show that man has a way of ALWAYS SEEKING. A few were insisting on knowing the correlation when it was a deliberate injection.

Man would always seek because that's who we are. We are seekers. Until we find what we seek we never stop.

Where did you see me fighting for God? I never did and never have. I was just discussing.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by felixomor: 7:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
are you perfect?

I will take that as a compliment cool

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by hopefulLandlord: 7:06pm On Jul 18, 2017
bobowaja:
Miss/Mrs spacetacular, I have gone through your thread and I have not seen where the link between your bloody scene and the question asked is located. You will do more to explain yourself.[/b]........

thank you, the thread descended into mediocrity
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

thank you, the thread descended into mediocrity

So say you of course smiley

Simply because you couldn't see the big picture. I just showed it.

God is like that.

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by bobowaja(m): 7:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

I NEVER labelled anyone. They labelled themselves. They volunteered themselves and their definitions and openly declared they are atheists. How then was I the one who labelled them?

My first incident inclusion was to show that man has a way of ALWAYS SEEKING. A few were insisting on knowing the correlation when it was a deliberate injection.

Man would always seek because that's who we are. We are seekers. Until we find what we seek we never stop.

Where did you see me fighting for God? I never did and never have. I was just discussing.

I get your point. Well understood.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2017
bobowaja:

I get your point. Well understood.

Thank you for understanding it. I hope hopefullandlord does too and stops saying things like mediocrity simply because I (a human) kept him in the dark about why the story was injected.

If a simple human like me could prove the seeker status of man to him in such a simple way yet they still declare GOD DOES NOT EXIST Yet they still seek.

It's all absolute hilarity!
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by Student125(m): 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2017
Like I said before, you have already madeup ur mind to rubbish or disagree with any point raised here by 'atheist'. No correlation whatsoever with the OP and ur response. That made me conclude all you craved for was attention and you already got, hence I hope any reasonable nairalander will avoid ur future thread. Also, you are hell bent on believing u know it all. I hope you are correcting the queen's English too cuz you seems to know it more than anyone, I hope you can do same to your native language else .......xxxxx....
You are free to say anything, yes correct my english.
This will be my last response to the moniker spacetacular.

4 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by bobowaja(m): 7:21pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

So say you of course smiley

Simply because you couldn't see the big picture. I just showed it.

God is like that.

So going by your word. Do you mean God hid himself? This is one of the reasons I neglected religion - it never answered my many questions. I was just told to belief whatever they told me and what was written which of cause doesn't answer my questions. Right now, I am on a journey to know the Supreme Being myself

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2017
Student125:
Like I said before, you have already madeup ur mind to rubbish or disagree with any point raised here by 'atheist'. No correlation whatsoever with the OP and ur response. That made me conclude all you craved for was attention and you already got, hence I hope any reasonable nairaland will avoid ur future thread. Also, you are hell bent on believing u know it all. I hope you are correcting the queen's English too cuz you seems to know it more than anyone, I hope you can do same to your native language else .......xxxxx....

I never asked for your input did I? Neither did I invite you here did I?

If you failed to see why I did what I did and someone else could see it quickly (bobowaja) after a simple explanation then you are free to look the other way when you see any comment of mine.

I cannot miss someone I never knew.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2017
bobowaja:

So going by your word. Do you mean God hid himself? This is one of the reasons I neglected religion - it never answered my many questions. I was just told to belief whatever they told me and what was written which of cause doesn't answer my questions. Right now, I am on a journey to know the Supreme Being myself

I never said God Hid himself.

Do you agree that it's our seeker nature that brought about science? Or any form of development we have today?

The question is, why do we seek? Why do we even bother to know more? Why do we bother to understand?

It's like an inner push or pull not triggered by our brain. The brain simply calculates it but does not originate this deep craving for something bigger.

You say you are on a journey. Why?

It's because you crave it. Something in you will not stop craving it. Why is this so?

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by hopefulLandlord: 7:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

Thank you for understanding it. I hope hopefullandlord does too and stops saying things like mediocrity simply because I (a human) kept him in the dark about why the story was injected.

If a simple human like me could prove the seeker status of man to him in such a simple way yet they still declare GOD DOES NOT EXIST Yet they still seek.

It's all absolute hilarity!

please stop this nonsense, if that empty sermon you gave up there was your end game, then I'm really disappointed, its dry and uninspiring

what you're doing is called preaching to the choir as it can only look good to those already favourably inclined to it

so cleaning blood is all "life meaning" lol, why not create a thread on that and let's see how it goes for you? I remember theists yapping on about it and couldn't give the objective meaning of life when pressed but only gave a subjective meaning lol, Dalaman can remember quite well, pages upon pages upon pages with no one being able to do that

I've always said that if belief in imaginary friends makes you feel better, kindly keep believing in them but don't expect others to join your delusion

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by hopefulLandlord: 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2017
Student125:
Like I said before, you have already madeup ur mind to rubbish or disagree with any point raised here by 'atheist'. No correlation whatsoever with the OP and ur response. That made me conclude all you craved for was attention and you already got, hence I hope any reasonable nairaland will avoid ur future thread. Also, you are hell bent on believing u know it all. I hope you are correcting the queen's English too cuz you seems to know it more than anyone, I hope you can do same to your native language else .......xxxxx....

lol, at the end of the day she started mentioning cactus and straightjacket lol

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 7:33pm On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

please stop this nonsense, if that empty sermon you gave up there was your end game, then I'm really disappointed, its dry and uninspiring

what you're doing is called preaching to the choir as it can only look good to those already favourably inclined to it

so cleaning blood is all "life meaning" lol, why not create a thread on that and let's see how it goes for you? I remember theists yapping on about it and couldn't give the objective meaning of life when pressed but only gave a subjective meaning lol, Dalaman can remember quite well, pages upon pages upon pages with no one being able to do that

I've always said that if belief in imaginary friends makes you feel better, kindly keep believing in them but don't expect others to join your delusion

You are hurt ! I can tell. I do not need your approval meter on anything I say or do. My reasons are satisfactory to me and me alone and as long as I am pleased about it, I am good.

My so called preaching to the choir has kept you returning here. It has brought all of your atheist colleagues here. It must have been effective if it ran for 10 pages thus far.

Life is like that. Curiosity keeps us going and gives us cause to live. But at some point atheism stops being curious but simply concludes. So what then is the essence of life to an atheist?

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 7:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lol, at the end of the day she started mentioning cactus and straightjacket lol

I did begin that with "let me digress a little". It was a moment of revelation that came to me and when that comes I write it down.

Moving it now to where it can be read properly.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by bobowaja(m): 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

I never said God Hid himself.

Do you agree that it's our seeker nature that brought about science? Or any form of development we have today?

The question is, why do we seek? Why do we even bother to know more? Why do we bother to understand?

It's like an inner push or pull not triggered by our brain. The brain simply calculates it but does not originate this deep craving for something bigger.

You say you are on a journey. Why?

It's because you crave it. Something in you will not stop craving it. Why is this so?

Because most things I was told failed logical tests - most of it preaches dogmatism. I am also convince that the universe did not come by accident. So I decided to know the true story about creation and the Supreme Being. Or is it a bad thing to do?

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by hopefulLandlord: 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

You are hurt ! I can tell. I do not need your approval meter on anything I say or do. My reasons are satisfactory to me and me alone and as long as I am pleased about it, I am good.
of course it would be satisfactory to you lol grin

My so called preaching to the choir has kept you returning here. It has brought all of your atheist colleagues here. It must have been effective if it ran for 10 pages thus far.
lol, counting effect by the number of pages

pages that's filled with derailed upon derailed upon derailed arguments

Life is like that. Curiosity keeps us going and gives us cause to live. But at some point atheism stops being curious but simply concludes. So what then is the essence of life to an atheist?
if that's your reason for opening the thread, then this is not good, create a thread on the objective meaning of life and I'm sure we'll attend to it

we all know how such threads go (Dalaman), you'll be left tongue tied before 5 posts grin

Cactus, Straightjacket lol

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by hopefulLandlord: 7:41pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

I did begin that with "let me digress a little". It was a moment of revelation that came to me and when that comes I write it down.

Moving it now to where it can be read properly.

moment of revelation indeed

if anyone needs to know why man created god, that person just needs to read your sermon up there lol

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by ambassagod: 7:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

DID YOU JUST ASK THAT?!

THE ANSWER IS OBVIOUSLY NOTHING!
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by ambassagod: 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

moment of revelation indeed

if anyone needs to know why man created god, that person just needs to read your sermon up there lol

I wonder how man created "a self eternal Uncaused cause". SIR, I am pushed to ask, are you okay (Not an insult but a simple question that demands an answer)

Anyway, I bring this up in our ongoing debate!
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by hopefulLandlord: 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2017
ambassagod:

I wonder how man created "a self eternal Uncaused cause". SIR, I am pushed to ask, are you okay (Not an insult but a simple question that demands an answer)

Anyway, I bring this up in our ongoing debate!

please, "eternal uncaused cause" is not the god she's referring to, read her post again bro

I'm still curious why theists water down "god" when debating his existence by hiding under some undisprovable definition

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
bobowaja:

Because most things I was told failed logical tests - most of it preaches dogmatism. I am also convince that the universe did not come by accident. So I decided to know the true story about creation and the Supreme Being. Or is it a bad thing to do?

No its not a bad thing to do. However you also need to be aware that Logical reasoning is not entirely infallible especially when it is coming from a flawed or limited source.

What would make God meaningful to you is if you could first bring the understanding of his nature and his greatness into your small human frame.

Let me explain. You believe in creation and if you choose just an aspect of creation such as your body for instance it would always blow your mind at its beauty, purpose, functionality, togetherness, choice of strength and innate desire.

Are our feet simply made for walking or they are to get us to a place where purpose directs?
Are our hands simply meant for grabbing or holding or feeding or they are to help us build on our dreams and desires
etc

Somehow our earthly frame cannot contain the vastness of God so God had to give us a part of him to act as a buffer which is the holy spirit. So God is first downloaded to the Holy spirit and this holy spirit releases all about God little by little in a way we can handle.

I am just putting it out there that you cannot search when you may not know where to begin looking.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by Niflheim(m): 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2017
@spacetacular,

This might help you...............................

Adevist: The Indian Atheist who does not acknowledge the Hindu gods(Devas)!!!

Anthropotheist: One who believes that all gods are deified men!!!(great men who died and were eventually worshiped as gods)!!!

Apatheist: Don't give a Bleep whether religion exists and spreads or not!!! The "none of my business" attitude!!!

Dataist: The highest thing in nature, the most important thing we should cherish, is to store and pass on information(upload) to the next generation!!!

Epicurean/Laveyan Satanist: Pleasure is the only thing we should live for!!! we must crave our indulgences!!!

Symbolic Luciferianism: Knowledge is the all and the key!!!

Misotheist: Intense hatred for all forms of religion!!!

Humanism: Love all your fellow human and charity work is the all!!!

Dystheist: The god concept is inherently evil!!!

Physicalist: Only the physical realm exists!!!(No men with chicken wings in the sky)

Naturalist: No such thing as the supernatural!!! All is natural!!!

Theological Non-cognivist: Arguing about gods is worse than useless, since the religious do not have a single definition of what a god is supposed to be!!!

Theothanatology: GOD IS DEAD!!!

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
Niflheim:
@spacetacular,

This might help you...............................

Adevist: The Indian Atheist who does not acknowledge the Hindu gods(Devas)!!!

Anthropotheist: One who believes that all gods are deified men!!!(great men who died and were eventually worshiped as gods)!!!

Apatheist: Don't give a Bleep whether religion exists and spreads or not!!! The "none of my business" attitude!!!

Dataist: The highest thing in nature, the most important thing we should cherish, is to store and pass on(upload) to the next generation!!!

Epicurean/Laveyan Satanist: Pleasure is the only thing we should live for!!! we must crave our indulgences!!!

Symbolic Luciferianism: Knowledge is the all and the key!!!

Misotheist: Intense hatred for all forms of religion!!!

Humanism: Love all your fellow human and charity work is the all!!!

Dystheist: The god concept is inherently evil!!!

Physicalist: Only the physical realm exists!!!(No men with chicken wings in the sky)

Naturalist: No such thing as the supewrnatural!!! All is natural!!!

Theological Non-cognivist: Arguing about gods is worth than useless, since the religious do not have a single definition of what a god is supposed to be!!!

Theothanatology: GOD IS DEAD!!!

I asked for that which is PARTICULAR to you and not a list.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by Niflheim(m): 8:31pm On Jul 18, 2017
@spacetacular,

NONE is particular to me, as there is no law which states that I must choose one that will be particular to me!!!

When i see pastors burning litle kids and claiming they are witches, i automatically switch to"misotheist"!!!

When scientifically illiterate nairalanders try to use Isaac Newton to prove god, I become a "physicalist" and a 'naturalist"!!!

When hypocritical christians ask me why i am listening to rock music, or oggling at a pretty lady..................................I switch to laveyan Satanism!!!

We do not have a 10 commandments like the christians, which says you should "honour your father", even though he were a child rapist!!!

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 8:34pm On Jul 18, 2017
felixomor:

I will take that as a compliment cool
folly is a disease.. what a shame.!
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2017
Niflheim:
@spacetacular,

NONE is particular to me, as there is no law which states that I must choose one that will be particular to me!!!

When i see pastors burning litle kids and claiming they are witches, i automatically switch to"misotheist"!!!

When scientifically illiterate nairalanders try to use Isaac Newton to prove god, I become a "physicalist" and a 'naturalist"!!!

When hypocritical christians ask me why i am listening to rock music, or oggling at a pretty lady..................................I switch to laveyan Satanism!!!

We do not have a 10 commandments like the christians, which says you should "honour your father", even though he were a child rapist!!!

So in a nutshell you are not an "Honest" atheist. You are self explanatory so i do not need to hold a discussion with you. People have clearly seen right through you based on your comment. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2017
Niflheim:
@spacetacular,

So in a nutshell you are not an "Honest" atheist. Yet you call Christians Hypocritical. You are self explanatory so i do not need to hold a discussion with you. People have clearly seen right through you based on your comment. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Kids Raised Going To Church Are Happier Adults, Study Finds / What Is Yuletide, And What Does It Have To Do With Christmas?" / All Babies Are Enemies Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.