Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Kenya To Cut Salaries Of President, Lawmakers, Can This Happen In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenya To Cut Salaries Of President, Lawmakers, Can This Happen In Nigeria? (405 Views)

Fg’s Plan To Cut Salaries Scares NNPC, CBN, FIRS Workers / Sanusi To Buhari: Cut Salaries Of Legislators & Ministers By Half / Salaries Of Politicians & Civil Servants In Nigeria In Hilarious Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenya To Cut Salaries Of President, Lawmakers, Can This Happen In Nigeria? by suasmablow(m): 7:36am On Jul 18, 2017
Source: http://www.suanusblog.com/2017/07/salaries-of-kenyan-president-members-of.html?m=1

The salaries of Kenya’s president and MPs will be slashed after next month’s fiercely contested elections in a move aimed at reducing the wage bill in the public sector, according to a government gazette signed by the chairwoman of the independent Salaries and Remunerations Commission.
The salaries of Kenya’s parliamentarians have caused much anger over the years.
The president’s gross salary will be cut from $16,000 to $14,000 (£12,400) a month, while that of MPs will fall from $7,200 to $6,100 a month.
Some of the perks of MPs, including a car grant and an allowance for attending plenary sessions of parliament, have also been abolished.
Kenya’s MPs are said to be among the highest paid in the world, especially after their allowances are added to their salaries.
After the last election, they caused huge controversy by resisting moves to cut their salaries, and even threatened to block the passage of the national budget.
This time, it will be more difficult to do that because the commission wants the MPs, along with the president and other elected officials, to agree to the cuts before they take the oath of office, says the BBC’s Anne Soy in the capital, Nairobi.
Led by Sarah Serem, the commission set the salaries of cabinet secretaries, or ministers, at $9,240 down from $10,560.
It hopes that the salary will save Kenya $88million yearly.

Re: Kenya To Cut Salaries Of President, Lawmakers, Can This Happen In Nigeria? by bangsterics(f): 7:37am On Jul 18, 2017
impossible in Naija!

1 Like

Re: Kenya To Cut Salaries Of President, Lawmakers, Can This Happen In Nigeria? by pelumi111: 7:38am On Jul 18, 2017
I trust my corrupt country it can neva I mean never happn
Re: Kenya To Cut Salaries Of President, Lawmakers, Can This Happen In Nigeria? by ebukahandsome(m): 7:40am On Jul 18, 2017
It will happen only if these old men join their ancestors
Re: Kenya To Cut Salaries Of President, Lawmakers, Can This Happen In Nigeria? by wablex(m): 7:40am On Jul 18, 2017
No d hardship is much any who gets there wants to secure the best for dai family.
Not siding dos thieves oo BT everyone wants a pay rise no one wants a pay cut
Show me some love guys it's my birthday wishing my self all d best in life and all my fellow nairalanders

2 Likes

Re: Kenya To Cut Salaries Of President, Lawmakers, Can This Happen In Nigeria? by fergie001: 7:41am On Jul 18, 2017
I believe my Country,
We will increase our own sef
Re: Kenya To Cut Salaries Of President, Lawmakers, Can This Happen In Nigeria? by Ever8054: 7:42am On Jul 18, 2017
which nija?..

Re: Kenya To Cut Salaries Of President, Lawmakers, Can This Happen In Nigeria? by Modsenemy(f): 7:43am On Jul 18, 2017
Even if the executive wants to , I trust the legislooters , they will never agree .

(1) (Reply)

Office Of The Acting President (press Release) / The Hypocrisy Of Anti-biafran and The Reason To Ignore Them / Sheikh Zakzaky - Epitome Of Peace In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.