Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,026 members, 7,803,456 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary (10519 Views)

Watch White American Police Officer Shoot A Black Man To Death With 8 Bullets / Brazilian Man To Marry Pet Goat In Devil’s Church (PICTURED) / 18 Year Old Girl in UK Kicks 62 Year Old Man To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by AbuSafwan(m): 5:03pm On Feb 04, 2010
THE FIRST MAN TO HAVE MEMORIZED THE DICTIONARY
Shafi'u Adamu (27 years old), a level 3 student of Law department, Bayero University Kano, has appeared to be the first man to have memorized the entire dictionary (6th Edition). He has already memorized the complete Qur'an in a unique and remarkable manner. He is now able to defeat any challenge from the questioners as far as the dictionary words are concerned. Many lecturers and students in the university, and many journalists as well have all failed to defeat his ability of defining each and every word asked in the dictionary. This is only one of the blessing of Allah given to whomever he so wish, but you cannot attain it unless with practical struggle and commitment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by ElRazur: 5:24pm On Feb 04, 2010
Oh for crying out loud. This have nothing to do with allah. It is well known that those who memorise stuff alot have a bigger "hippocampus" in their brain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/677048.stm

Nothing spectacular about it. Kids in china are trained using Abascus from a young age to do complex maths that are usually done on calculators.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T0G-4JXY3YJ-3&_user=10&_coverDate=07%2F31%2F2006&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1193828617&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=74cd74185e6830f05d5d6f9d57453420

The bottom line? Nothing big deal about it. Nothing to do with Allah but it goes to show the dynamics ability a human brain have period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by RichyBlacK(m): 6:34pm On Feb 04, 2010
Abu-Safwan,

You didn't state the exact type of dictionary; there are many dictionaries!

Is it this one:

Collins English Dictionary

OR

This one:

The Oxford English Dictionary (20 volumes)
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by muhsin(m): 5:29pm On Feb 05, 2010
ElRazur:

Oh for crying out loud. This have nothing to do with allah. It is well known that those who memorise stuff alot have a bigger "hippocampus" in their brain.

Nothing spectacular about it. Kids in china are trained using Abascus from a young age to do complex maths that are usually done on calculators.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T0G-4JXY3YJ-3&_user=10&_coverDate=07%2F31%2F2006&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1193828617&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=74cd74185e6830f05d5d6f9d57453420

The bottom line? Nothing big deal about it. Nothing to do with Allah but it goes to show the dynamics ability a human brain have period.

Why the mentioning of Allah (or is it the Qur'an?) got your hair arose? Forget that Allah stands for God, at least in that context? Thus can you say that that has nothing to do with God's intervention? Of course no unless if you are an atheist, which I hope you are not.

1 Like

Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by muhsin(m): 5:56pm On Feb 05, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Abu-Safwan,

You didn't state the exact type of dictionary; there are many dictionaries!

Is it this one:

Collins English Dictionary

OR

This one:

The Oxford English Dictionary (20 volumes)

I read the story some days ago on Daily Trust newspaper. The dictionary he memorized is Oxford Advance Learners' Dictionary 6th Edition.

1 Like

Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by ElRazur: 11:23pm On Feb 05, 2010
muhsin:

Why the mentioning of Allah (or is it the Qur'an?) got your hair arose? Forget that Allah stands for God, at least in that context? Thus can you say that that has nothing to do with God's intervention? Of course no unless if you are an atheist, which I hope you are not.

Shocking. I never knew God is Allah and Vice versa! shocked Or could it be the simple fact that the concept if Allah is something I do not subscribe to? Just a thought. shocked

The human brain have the equivalent [see below]

"Human Brain capacity
A human brain capacity is approximately 10,000 TeraFlops = 10 Petaflop = number of neurons X average number of connections between neurons X neuron firing capacity per second)."

One of the world's most powerful computers - Super computer have "62,976 CPU cores, 125 terabytes of memory, 1.7 petabytes of disk space, and 504 teraflops of performance."  As much as this may sound and look very powerful, it is only 1/20 of the human brain. So therefore you see, this have nothing to do with God in my opinion but the capabilities of the Human brain.

Taken from: http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/suns-new-super-computer-equals-120-of-human-brain/
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by muhsin(m): 1:01pm On Feb 06, 2010
ElRazur:

Shocking. I never knew God is Allah and Vice versa! shocked Or could it be the simple fact that the concept if Allah is something I do not subscribe to? Just a thought. shocked

Play that on others. . . grin grin grin
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by ElRazur: 3:42pm On Feb 06, 2010
muhsin:

Play that on others. . . grin grin grin

wink
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by RSA(m): 9:28am On Feb 08, 2010
@Poster is the guy jobless? grin
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by muhsin(m): 2:08pm On Feb 08, 2010
RSA:

@Poster is the guy jobless? grin

I think its stated that he is a student, even in his level 300, reading Law. Is that really joblessness?
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by Horus(m): 11:57pm On Feb 08, 2010
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyZshmWMn9M[/flash]

[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlJbRioSThs[/flash]

There is 4 videos, watch them on youtube.
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by 4Play(m): 12:26am On Feb 09, 2010
You sure say no be Jakumo be dat? grin
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by AbuSafwan(m): 12:09pm On Feb 10, 2010
ElRazur:

This man want to deviate my point to religious discourse. Though MUhsin had clarified it he could not comprehend. BUt let me ask you a question who create the "hippocampus" in the brain of such unique people? speak with logic my friend! If it is not the 'do' of God then every body can do it but how many are they in the world. Or can you do it? Really you can't unless God wills you to do. It is such selection that makes it the 'do' of God. If you think it is solely based on someones struggle go and do it my friend. 1, 000, 000, 000, as gift for you once you memorize it even in the next 10yrs. And also as you write "Nothing spectacular about it. Kids in china are trained using Abascus from a young age to do complex maths that are usually done on calculators", and I say you should know there is difference between memorization and 'know-how-to-do'. Thinks again.
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by ElRazur: 12:34pm On Feb 10, 2010
Abu-Safwan:

This man want to deviate my point to religious discourse. Though MUhsin had clarified it he could not comprehend. BUt let me ask you a question who create the "hippocampus" in the brain of such unique people? speak with logic my friend! If it is not the 'do' of God then every body can do it but how many are they in the world. Or can you do it? Really you can't unless God wills you to do. It is such selection that makes it the 'do' of God. If you think it is solely based on someones struggle go and do it my friend. 1, 000, 000, 000, as gift for you once you memorize it even in the next 10yrs. And also as you write "Nothing spectacular about it. Kids in china are trained using Abascus from a young age to do complex maths that are usually done on calculators", and I say you should know there is difference between memorization and 'know-how-to-do'. Thinks again.

I have no idea what you are talking about. If you can rewrite in simple English, I will then post a reply. smiley No offence.
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by AbuSafwan(m): 12:59pm On Feb 11, 2010
hopelessly defeated!!!
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by muhsin(m): 5:23pm On Feb 12, 2010
cheesy
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by mazaje(m): 9:03pm On Feb 12, 2010
This guy try ohh. . . .E no easy. . . . .Mallam Bahaushe ya haddache Oxford Advance Learners' Dictionary 6th Edition daga farko har karshe. . . . . .
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by ElRazur: 3:25pm On Feb 13, 2010
Abu-Safwan:

hopelessly defeated!!!

There is nothing about "defeat" as you seem to think. I made a simple statement asking you to rewrite the jargon you posted and you see that as a defeat? What a joke. I suppose failing to express yourself again is perhaps a form of defeat? Nah wah o.
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by AbuSafwan(m): 10:54am On Feb 16, 2010
Others know well what I wrote for it is right-based and evidence-informed. I don't mind. You can re-read your post and mine again perhaps you can apprehend.
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by ElRazur: 11:11am On Feb 16, 2010
Abu-Safwan:

Others know well what I wrote for it is right-based and evidence-informed. I don't mind. You can re-read your post and mine again perhaps you can apprehend.

Who are these others you speak of And what does "right based and evidence informed" means? If I tell you once again that I am struggling to understand your post, you will think I am been deliberate when in actual fact I am trying to understand your point. Never mind as expressing yourself clearly is not your strong point.
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by muhsin(m): 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2010
mazaje:

This guy try ohh. . . .E no easy. . . . .Mallam Bahaushe ya haddache Oxford Advance Learners' Dictionary 6th Edition daga farko har karshe. . . . . .

Mazare, ka iya Hausa dama?
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by MyJoe: 6:11pm On Feb 16, 2010
There is nothing strange at all about this. It is not something most people can do, but there are certain people who have such capabilities. It is not usually a sign of brilliance but of something else. To understand the phenomenon, you may google "autistic savant", as that is the most likely explanation.
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by AbuSafwan(m): 12:13pm On Feb 17, 2010
ElRazur:

Who are these others you speak of And what does "right based and evidence informed" means? If I tell you once again that I am struggling to understand your post, you will think I am been deliberate when in actual fact I am trying to understand your point. Never mind as expressing yourself clearly is not your strong point.

Sorry Elrazur for the inconvenience. I now got you right. I thought you are 'playing quits'. But now I really understood your sincerity in your misconception about my post. But please, specify where and where your misunderstandings are from sentences? I will in sha Allah clarify. Thanks for showing curiosity to understand my post well.
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by ElRazur: 1:09pm On Feb 17, 2010
Do you mind rephrasing your all your posts you have direct at me so far.
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by MandingoII(m): 8:45pm On Feb 17, 2010
This is only one of the blessing of Allah given to whomever he so wish, but you cannot attain it unless with practical struggle and commitment.

Damn!

People are easily "ideologically captured"

all religions think they are special.

All religions are full of sh.t

No religion is better than the other.

they all believe in supernatural beings that have never been seen ONLY talked about.
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by mazaje(m): 1:03pm On Feb 19, 2010
muhsin:

Mazare, ka iya Hausa dama?

Kai!, ya kake kirana mazare?. . . . . .Ni asalina bahaushe ne, chi kekin bahaushe daga jihar kano. . . . . .
Re: The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary by Yoighaman(m): 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2010
The achievement of the young man is no doubt remarkable and enigmatic but the Human mind and brain are capable of achieving anything whatsoever.

All you need do is have a great deal of determination and perseverance.

Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Court Sets Duduzane Zuma Free; Not Guilty Of Car Crash Death / Iceland's PM, Katrin To Joins Strike, Demands Equality Pay For Women / REVEALED!! South Africa Still Has Nuclear Weapons!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.