Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo (30777 Views)

Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained / Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo / Okorocha Tells Priests & Laity In Ahiara Diocese To Obey The Pope’s Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Angelanest: 8:58am On Jul 18, 2017
Monsignor Antonio Guido Filipazzi who was appointed by Catholic helmsman; Pope Francis as the new ‘Apostolic Nuncio’ to Nigeria, has arrived the country. ‘Apostolic Nuncio’ is the term used for the Pope’s direct representatives to countries.

According to reports, one of the main priorities of the new representative is to make the Ahiara Diocese comply with the Pope's directives following the refusal of some priests to accept Peter Ebere Okpaleke who was appointed the Bishop of Ahiara Diocese in Imo State by the then pontiff Benedict XVI, Pope Francis...

Bishop Okpaleke, of Anambra origin had been rejected since 2012 when he was posted to the Diocese of Ahiara because he was not a native of Mbaise in Imo state.

The new Pope representative speaks Italian, English, French and German.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/07/new-apostolic-nuncio-monsignor-antonio-guido-filipazzi.html

4 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Angelanest: 8:58am On Jul 18, 2017
cc; lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by ORACLE1975(m): 8:59am On Jul 18, 2017
So want next

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by simplyhonest(m): 9:09am On Jul 18, 2017
we are waiting sir...the diocese has to move past this phase... they have been heard, they should comply with the decision of the Pope... God bless us

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by fiftynaira(m): 9:24am On Jul 18, 2017
Let the mbaise nation end this bishopric saga.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by serverconnect(m): 10:01am On Jul 18, 2017
Let peace reign.

5 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by deepwater(f): 11:14am On Jul 18, 2017
This most be serious
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by fergusen: 11:15am On Jul 18, 2017
undecided
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by donofdons: 11:15am On Jul 18, 2017
I pity this priests that are disobeying the holy father. Do they realize that they are doing this at the expense of their souls? Do they know that the pope are the divine elected of God, with the same power on earth as God himself?
They have turned the church to a power play ground.
Mother of God.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Rrankdonga(m): 11:16am On Jul 18, 2017
This whole bishop walaha just made me see the hypocrisy of this Biafra brouhaha. Y'all will get Biafra in 2019 and fight till 2050 for who will be president..
safe to say that these IBO people are not serious.
Interestingly if Nnamdi was wise( or better still sincere), are these not the kind conflicts he should try to influence for the betterment of his cause? such a shame.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Siddeek: 11:16am On Jul 18, 2017
Yeye
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by oloriLFC(f): 11:16am On Jul 18, 2017
People creating trouble in God's holy house. Hope the matter is resolved amicably

5 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by 0b100100111: 11:16am On Jul 18, 2017
grin grin grin

E don thick!

What's juicy about the position they re fighting for?

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by KOLZY(m): 11:16am On Jul 18, 2017
Great move... This should be resolved. Nigeria already has problems and we don't even know their origin.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by otijah(m): 11:17am On Jul 18, 2017
otu a kanyi g esi enweta Biafra? Bikonu

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Wolfbrother(m): 11:17am On Jul 18, 2017
i thought there were no boundries in christianity lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by hopefulLandlord: 11:17am On Jul 18, 2017
Even Jesus' prayer failed woefully

John 17:20-23

I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you…that they may be one as we are one— I in them and you in me— so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 18, 2017
Ndi Himo skate
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Fabolousibk1(m): 11:18am On Jul 18, 2017
Am just tired for this nation...bt whr is buhari na?

5 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 18, 2017
I hope they obey the pope's rep.

The Church must not be held captive to Nigerian tribalism.

6 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by paulchineduN(m): 11:18am On Jul 18, 2017
Ndikwe na ndiekweghi
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by jaytime(m): 11:18am On Jul 18, 2017
Politics, tribalism, man-know-man every where. Dem swear for us?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 18, 2017
The Mbaise people are the root of Catholicism in Nigeria. I have studied the news from both sides and I think the Pope didnt do a nice job by not listening to the Mbaise people.

The moment you keep imposing Priests from other tribes who are not Catholics but by virtue of Nigeria's tribal nepotism allow one tribe to lord over the very known Catholic tribes, then you cause trouble.

I am proud that Mbaise people disobeyed the Pope. They are the root of Catholicism in Nigeria and in fact Africa. They have so many Priests but none was considered worthy enough, but a different tribe and people are always choosen and imposed on them.

It is time that Catholic Church stop using this language of 'annointing' to cheat Africans. You are using our money to develop Vatican and you want to impose people on us.

It wont work.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by PassionateSoul(m): 11:19am On Jul 18, 2017
Lemme digress a bit. See eh, I'm looking for a girlfriend, if you're young beautiful smart and goal driven, holla me. Will be glad to hear from you
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by inventor432(m): 11:19am On Jul 18, 2017
a
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by ozoemenaca: 11:19am On Jul 18, 2017
They had better obey the Pope's directives
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by 0b100100111: 11:19am On Jul 18, 2017
Wolfbrother:
i thought there were no boundries in christianity lipsrsealed

Says who?

Infact, they re over 10
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Tochux1: 11:20am On Jul 18, 2017
shatap and stop this schewpid generalization
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by abbeymighty(m): 11:21am On Jul 18, 2017
See the IPOB People who want to separate, they are fighting for religious post. what if they secede? their will be civil war among them. South Sudan a case study

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"You Fornicate After Fasting And Prayer, Church Crusade" - Young Lady Says / I Practised Christianity For 30 Years; Black Magic For 9 Years, But None Worked / Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.