Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

The Biggest Mistakes We Make In Life - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Biggest Mistakes We Make In Life (892 Views)

The Biggest Lies People Told Me About Entrepreneurship / 5 Biggest Mistakes You’re Making In Work Relationships / What Prominent Achievement Did You Make In 2016? Share With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Biggest Mistakes We Make In Life by MrTeymee(m): 10:06am On Jul 18, 2017
Real life speeches from people who have conquered life

Peter Dinklage:
Don’t wait until they tell you, you are ready. Get in there……the world might say you are not allowed to yet. I waited a long time out in the world before I gave myself permission to fail. Please don’t even bother asking, don’t bother telling the world you are ready, show it…do it.

Raise the rest of your life to meet you. Don’t search for defining moments because they will never come. The moments that define you have already happened, and they will already happen again and it passes so quickly. Just try not to wait until like me you are 29 before you find it. And if you are that’s fine too some of us never find it…….but YOU will….i promise you. You are already here that’s such an enormous step on its own. You will find your rhythm or continue the one you have already found.

Natalie Portman: You are here for a reason. Sometimes your insecurities and your inexperience may lead you to embrace other people’s expectations, standards or values. But you can harness that inexperience to carve out your own path. One that is free of the burden of knowing how things are supposed to be. A path that is defined by its own particular set of reasons. People told me that ‘Black Swan’ was an artistic risk. A scary challenge to try to portray a professional ballet dancer but it didn’t feel like courage or daring that drew me to it. I was so oblivious to my own limits that I did things I was woefully unprepared to do. And so the very inexperience that in college had made me feel insecure and made me want to play by other peoples rules now is making me actually risk take risks that I didn’t even realize were risks. But my complete ignorance of my own limitations looked like confidence and my belief that I could handle these things contrary to all evidence of my ability to do so was half the battle. The other half was very hard work. Don’t doubt yourself too much right now. Dive into your own obliviousness it can be a good thing If it makes you try things you never might have tried. YOUR INEXPERIENCE IS AN ASSSET and it will allow you to think in original and unconventional ways.

Les Brown: See I know something about you…..even not knowing you…that you’ve got greatness within you. You have the ability to do things that you can’t even begin to imagine. You have talents and skills in you that you haven’t even began to reach for yet. So some of you are going to experience a breakthrough, some of you are going to go back and look at your dreams and brush them off. Some of you are going to look at yourself and say “hey look here I know I have not done all I can do”. Whatever goal you have in mind, I want that to be a goal that challenges you, something that will make you stretch. It was Osborne who said “unless you attempt to do something beyond that which you have already mastered, you will never grow.” What is it that you looked at, at some point in time and you decided you couldn’t do it? That you talked yourself out of it? Whatever it is bring it back out there! How you are going to do it, that will come to you in due time. You see when you are not pursuing your goal you are literally committing spiritual suicide. When you have a goal that takes you out of your comfort zone, you will find out some talents and abilities you have, that you didn’t know you had!

Practice makes what…(audience echoes: PERFECT) Absolutely Not. Dislodge that from your mind. Practice only makes improvement. Perfection doesn’t exist. You need to take it out of the dictionary. Practice only makes improvement. You can always better your best. You have NOT done your best work yet… as long as you are here you have a chance to transcend yourself.

Ray Lewis: See God gives us lots of things in life…..but there is a couple things he don’t give us. Time is something he gives nobody. Tim slows down for no man. So the question is: How much time are you gonna waste?

Steve Harvey: If you want to be successful, here is the thing you have to do…YOU HAVE TO JUMP. There is no way around it…..YOU HAVE TO JUMP. Every successful person has jumped. You got to jump you got to take a leap of faith. You’ve got to dash off that cliff and you’ve got to jump out there as far as you can. Now a lot of times you stand on the cliff of life and you see other people soaring by, gliding down like birds flying through the air. You see them dressing like this, you see them in exotic places they flying by…you know why because their parachute opened. But the only way to get your parachute to open so you can soar, you got to jump! Now here’s the problem…when you jump I can assure you one thing..pay attention now…when you jump I promise you this, your parachute will not open right away. No…That’s the fear part. You gonna hit the sides of the rocks, you gonna tear your back out on that cliff, you gonna cut yourself, you gonna get wounded. You gonna get some tears and some blood stains but eventually your parachute will open and you will be soaring. But here’s the other caveat, I’m gonna teach you this right here….. If you do not jump, I promise you one thing your parachute will never open. So you are safe but you will never soar. YOU HAVE GOT TO JUMP.

THE BIGGEST MISTAKE WE MAKE IN LIFE

IS WAITING….

Until you think you are ready.

Until someone else thinks you are ready.

Until you have more experience.

For luck

For the perfect moment.

MAKE THE JUMP

THANKS FOR READING

http://theabstracthoughts.com/2017/06/21/the-biggest-mistakes-we-make-in-life/

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistakes We Make In Life by Oluwainnie(f): 10:12am On Jul 18, 2017
Fear of the unknown oo
Re: The Biggest Mistakes We Make In Life by AngelicDamsel(f): 10:22am On Jul 18, 2017
If you do not jump, I promise you one thing your parachute will never open. So you are safe but you will never soar. YOU HAVE GOT TO JUMP.

THE BIGGEST MISTAKE WE MAKE IN LIFE

IS WAITING….

Until you think you are ready.

Until someone else thinks you are ready.

Until you have more experience.

For luck

For the perfect moment.
[center][/center]
MAKE THE JUMP

THANKS FOR READING

This part got me

Thanks for sharing
grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistakes We Make In Life by calculator123(m): 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2017
Nice Op I just needed that push

(1) (Reply)

Government Cannot Do Everything For Us- Tosbaj's Story / Sell Us Your Scrap, Damaged Or Accident Cars, Bus Or Truck For Cash In Lagos / CIMA Membership Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.