Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,323 members, 7,780,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:39 PM

What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? (14062 Views)

Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time / Emmanuel Arigbe-Osula: "Uwa Brown Is A Dirty Liar, Blackmailer" - Osa Osula Says / What To Do If Your Partner Is Avoiding You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by farous(m): 4:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
Your partner (Husband/wife) of more than 8years of marriage is a chronic/serial liar that refused to change right from the year of the marriage till date, a lie that hurts deeply and difficult to forget even if you have forgiven, even when you have full evidence that he/she did it,he/she will keep telling the lie and can never accept unless you have shown him/her full evidence before he/she will accept.

Next time, he/she will still lie to you, and this has been the trend for the past 8 years. There is no steps that have not been taken for him/her to stop telling lies and amend his/her ways, all to no avail. It is now obvious that its is very hard if not total impossible for him/her to change.

Undoubtedly, the EFFECT is the opposite partner is being engulfed by lack of trust from the partner and has been bearing it in order not to break the marriage and hoping that changes will come for years,but none and now fed up with the marriage of distrust/lack of happiness that defy change of character and is now considering divorce.

Those that understand the meaning of lack of trust in a marriage know how deeply hurt it is. What do you think?

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Homeboiy: 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
Simple nah

U should turn to a liar as well

no big deal

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by banjicom(m): 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
embarassed
this is so sad!
how do you end up married to dat kind of person in the first place.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by LUGBE: 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2017
Refer the partner to Liar Mohammed for certification tongue

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by tabithababy(f): 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
LUGBE:
Refer the partner to Liar Mohammed for certification tongue

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Ugoeze2016: 10:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
I will start lying too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Flashh: 10:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
I can't stand a girlfriend/wife who is a liar.

17 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by TINALETC3(f): 10:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by NwaAmaikpe: 10:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
shocked

I really don't see why you feel bad about being lied to.
You've lived with this person for 8years and this person lies habitually to you.

Your partner is lying to you out of love.
Any person who lies to you cares about you so much to the extent they'd rather lie than hurt you with the truth.

I honestly think the problem is with you...
Your partner believes you don't deserve being told the truth.
You probably have difficulties handling the truth yet you always demand for it thereby putting your partner in a tight corner.
You have to prove that you can take the truth then you will start getting it.

You could also learn how to lie as well,
Sometimes it's good to give people a taste of their own medicine.
When you've beat your partner to the lying game; he/she would give up and a resolution on truth will be reached.

Lying has it's merits and demerits.
Trust me, in a country like Nigeria where honesty is extinct; a good liar is an asset.

S/he can become a spokesperson in any of the nations political party or an aide to a politician.
Better still; like my guy Lugbe has rightly adviced...ask your partner to partner with Lai Mohammed

That way, the lying will be very productive for your family.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Benjom(m): 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
We'll simply go our separate ways.

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by infogenius(m): 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
8 damn years!, u've really tried.
Well for u to voice it now means you have reached a cross road.
Where it is either you continue with Liar Mohammed's daughter or you back off.
If u have kids with her there is a tendency you have a talented inborn liar as a child.

Anyway, here is my advice. Choose anyone,

1. For better for worse-for truth and in lie I will live all my days with you. Stick with the lies, fall in love with them and possess them. Continue with your marriage to the chronic liar. There is a chance that she will outgrow the habit.

2. Opt out as these lies could send you to an early grave if care is not taken and of course it will definitely corrupt your children which may derail their course in life . I am sure u know that Evil manners corrupt good manners(scriptural)

3 . just survive and tolerate her. But come to think of it if you and your liar wife lived to celebrate 70th years wedding anniversary? I can bet my last buck, her lies must have sapped the best out you.

In conclusion.

Choose this day life-truth or death-lie

The choice is yours
There is a yoruba adage that says

Eni bi omo oran lo n pon

All the best friend.

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Etizz: 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
just try to make her see d bad it will bring upon herself and make her stop
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by 234GT(m): 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
Take her to TBJoshusa for special deliverance.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by ije81(f): 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ugoeze2016:
I will start lying too
Na competition?

4 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by thickminaj(f): 10:03pm On Jul 18, 2017
undecided now how do silly mistakes like this happen? What happened to courtship? Or isn't the span meant to check compatibility?... If you end up with that kind of person all you can do is pray... Trust is the basics of anything ... But people ignore vital things like this well everyone with their own cup of nescafe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by adonbilivit: 10:03pm On Jul 18, 2017
I will Use and dump her
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by 1N9a: 10:03pm On Jul 18, 2017
K
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 18, 2017
I dont know if it's a general thing with we Africans, but majority of us lie a lot, from our pastors to our Imams, from our teachers to our lecturers,

to our Boss at work, from our parents to our siblings, even from the presidency to the common masses..

I even still told a lie today, i over exaggerated a story by adding my own edited part..

Now to the topic, when one is a chronic liar then that person is suffering from inferiority complex and needs to see a psychologist

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Kingxway: 10:03pm On Jul 18, 2017
[center][/center]
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Caustics: 10:03pm On Jul 18, 2017
sad
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by UnknownT: 10:04pm On Jul 18, 2017
Whoever endured a lying partner for 8years, can endure for 100 years. Yes, that's my own opinion

7 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by dirtyhokage(m): 10:04pm On Jul 18, 2017
Since it's not the federal govt, I'd breakup with the partner jare
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by smith666999(m): 10:04pm On Jul 18, 2017
this question shouldn't be asked twice... lies/liars... something I can't stand or condone at all!

I will bounce immediately!

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by AHCB: 10:04pm On Jul 18, 2017
Give her the boot. I can't stomach liars.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Zane2point4(m): 10:04pm On Jul 18, 2017
Just be looking at him/her....

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 10:04pm On Jul 18, 2017
lols
I dream of having a smart wife..
having a too honest wife will be boring, I live figuring things out... it's challenging and exciting, Naturally I am very honest... so while she should enjoy my honesty, I want to enjoy her cunningness...

Knowing that lying entails u, Putin urself in the others brain and mind. to know what will make him believe u, n hw to manipulate it to be surreal...
I feel people who know how to lie convincingly are the smartest folks out there... I want to hv super kids.. so I am for the best.
#DeceptionIsAnArt.

4 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by lonelydora: 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2017
It is impossible for me to have a chronic liar as partner. It won't even happen.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by pocohantas(f): 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2017
1StopRudeness that doesn't mind if his wife doesn't trust him, abeg...come and comment. I know in your case you didn't do anything, but share your tips on how to laugh over distrust.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by gwmlogistic: 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2017
I always have this piece of advice "people don't change we only grow older" I wld walk out before before you blow me 3lies
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by BabaCommander: 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2017
Well, I have a lot to say and nothing to say. Only weak-willed souls surffers this type of fate. 8 days, 8 weeks, 8 months, 8 years... too long a time to make up one's mind. Everyone deserves to be happy in life, no one should be tied to another person whose aim in life is to make them surffer endlessly. OP, indecision is also a decision, your complain is childish and....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? / Have You Seen Kemisola Uthman Ogunyemi? / I Had A Fight With My Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.