Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

UPDATED: Third Person 3D Game Developed In Unity3d - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / UPDATED: Third Person 3D Game Developed In Unity3d (3611 Views)

Online Courier Management System Developed In Php/mysql. (quadruple Logistics) / Unity3d Developers / Game Developers Showcase What You Are Working On....... / Unity3d Game Development. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UPDATED: Third Person 3D Game Developed In Unity3d by bolkay47(m): 7:22am On Sep 11, 2017
agwaisrael:
Really nice of bro!

I have to admit you have a lot of focus - I for one am a sucker for tech and struggle with focusing on specific platforms. Was starting game programming, only to gain admiration for cryptography then...

Might I suggest making your trees physical and adding shadows to your scene.

Makehuman is an opensource software for creating models (fully rigged, low-poly).
Sweethome is good for creating buildings.

But, aren't you bothered about restrictions imposed on unity?
Good Morning Sir and thanks for your input. You see, in game development especially 3d, you have to learn that you can't create everything in-house and that is why the asset store is there. About the shadow issues, I am working on realistic environment lighting that won't affect the performance of the game on mobile platforms. I will be releasing images of the development very soon. I really wish i have a group of 3d modellers who can craft realistic Nigerian environs.
Re: UPDATED: Third Person 3D Game Developed In Unity3d by agwaisrael(m): 8:40am On Sep 11, 2017
bolkay47:
Good Morning Sir and thanks for your input. You see, in game development especially 3d, you have to learn that you can't create everything in-house and that is why the asset store is there. About the shadow issues, I am working on realistic environment lighting that won't affect the performance of the game on mobile platforms. I will be releasing images of the development very soon. I really wish i have a group of 3d modellers who can craft realistic Nigerian environs.

Lesson learned!

Makehuman actually is as simple as Microsoft paint. You just set values with a gauge. The models in this image were made in less than 30 mins. Makehuman also does rigging for you, plus it has few animations. [img][/img]

3d modelling Nigerian scenes is not hard, with the right tools. Just time intensive

Re: UPDATED: Third Person 3D Game Developed In Unity3d by bolkay47(m): 8:47am On Sep 11, 2017
agwaisrael:

Lesson learned!

Makehuman actually is as simple as Microsoft paint. You just set values with a gauge. The models in this image were made in less than 30 mins. Makehuman also does rigging for you, plus it has few animations. [img][/img]

3d modelling Nigerian scenes is not hard, with the right tools. Just time intensive
Looks great. I will consider it for making NPCS. It's a nice tool for crafting low poly humanoid models.
Re: UPDATED: Third Person 3D Game Developed In Unity3d by Diamondprince00: 8:35am On Oct 08, 2018
Please guys, what laptop could you use for this, I mean the specs and requirements, etc

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice On Software Testing / Let's Talk About OpenAI ChatGPT. What's The Future of Developers ? / Why Do Programmers Still Look For Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.