Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,529 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him (4517 Views)

I'm Feeling That He Is Deeply Inlove With Me But He Hasn't Asked Me Out! / I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ / Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by Loveeneh(f): 10:11am On Jul 19, 2017
We began our love journey while we were both in senior secondary school, he loves me so much and I love him so deeply as well. He was the first man I knew and we started to do things like little love birds. We got so much attached to each other to the extent, if we don't see each other on daily basis we wouldn't rest nor sleep at night. Our both parents knew about our relationship and often pray we ended up as the best couple the world have ever seen.
However, things went on smoothly for the both of us not until my parents had a serious marital issues and this made them parted. I began to go through serious emotional trauma and this made me started misbehaving in my relationship. I began to feel too insecured around my boyfriend because I felt if my father could do this to my mother how much more my boyfriend, I started cheating on him.
After we graduated from secondary school in 2009, we both gained admission into The University of nigeria NSSUKA in 2010 . Going to school then wasn't so easy for me coz my mother couldnt fend for my fees due to the income of pety fruit business she was into, my boyfriend took it upon him sef to sponsor me till we graduated from the school without minding my un faithful attitude.
We began to co-habit in his accommodation off campus, we lived in school liked married couples. We weren't in the same department but yet people knew us and we were been called several names.
On a fateful tuesday we set out for meeting in our different faculty. He is a student of chemical engineering while I was a student of biz admin. Each faculty had it own aim for calling out the meeting but just like that meeting was called just because of the two of us. The aim while the meeting was called for wasn't talked about rather our head of department spoken on female studentso co-habiting with a male student. The topic turned out to be a big issue among the student, Every ones words spoken were like stones which was set out to hit so had on me, I felt to my face and began to cry like a baby, I don't know how I got up from my seat and calmly walked out of the meeting. While I was on my way home I met my boyfriend on the way, we began to journey home, he tired petting me to stop crying n began to question me on why I was crying, I explained all to him and he then told me that was what was spoken about in his department.
After some days, I sat to my self and I began to recall all that was said in the meeting, I realised some truth in it. I taughtfully said to myself why would I live with a guy who hasn't paid my bride and yet we lived like husband n wife, we do things that is been done in marriage, what even gives me the assurance he would get married to me? Immediately I picked up my things and left for my coursemate house, where I began to stay.

The question of the day is: is right to stay with a man who hasn't paid your bride price and his the one sponsoring you to school n footing other bills of yours?
Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by edoboy33(m): 10:13am On Jul 19, 2017
speechless
Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by DabLord: 10:15am On Jul 19, 2017
I cant buy a cow when i can get free milk..
Am i mad..
Shiooor...

1 Like

Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by pelumi111: 10:17am On Jul 19, 2017
Aunty na by force to stay ni......Abi you love something about him that you don't want to tell the world
Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by VargasVee(m): 10:19am On Jul 19, 2017
Justifying your question morally, it is wrong but then, You saw a future with him to cohabitate with him all these years, and to say he's been footing every of your bills surely says you mean a lot to him.

Forget what anyone tells you about the assurance that a person would definitely get married to you, it's all lies. You can only hope things work out both in your favour.

12 Likes

Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 19, 2017
At the end of your first paragraph you answered your question.

Loveeneh:

I taughtfully said to myself why would I live with a guy who hasn't paid my bride and yet we lived like husband n wife, we do things that is been done in marriage, what even gives me the assurance he would get married to me? Immediately I picked up my things and left for my coursemate house, where I began to stay.

Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by olac21(m): 10:21am On Jul 19, 2017
Am not sure I understand what you typed up there!
Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by Maycher(m): 10:26am On Jul 19, 2017
Lol. OP, thanks for the well thought out story. Btw, there's no petro-chemical engineering department in UNN.

6 Likes

Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by Patented: 10:27am On Jul 19, 2017
he accommodates you pays your bills, school fees, gives you chop money etc.....bride price don dey complete na........if e never complete already.

however you can stop the cohabitation, you could jolly well stop the s3x too. you'll be doing the lad a favour no matter how painful it may be to him.....after all you are cheating on him..............but no............................ na the bride price be wahala.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 19, 2017
It is very wrong, you are devaluing yourself before his eyes and he will see you as cheap. Do you think that if another woman comes by, (one who makes him want to do anything for her, who he knows that she knows her worth and wont stoop so low) that he would think about you?

It is good you moved out, but please either you come to a cocensus with your coursemate to pay half the rent or move out and look for a place. Get a job and stop PARASITING on people because that is what you are. If your boyfriend decides to stop sponsoring you wont you survive, the worst is that you will drop out.

School is not for everybody nne, you can learn a skill afterall people become rich from such.
Loveeneh:
We began our love journey while we were both in senior secondary school, he loves me so much and I love him so deeply as well. He was the first man I knew and we started to do things like little love birds. We got so much attached to each other to the extent, if we don't see each other on daily basis we wouldn't rest nor sleep at night. Our both parents knew about our relationship and often pray we ended up as the best couple the world have ever seen.
However, things went on smoothly for the both of us not until my parents had a serious marital issues and this made them parted. I began to go through serious emotional trauma and this made me started misbehaving in my relationship. I began to feel too insecured around my boyfriend because I felt if my father could do this to my mother how much more my boyfriend, I started cheating on him.
After we graduated from secondary school in 2009, we both gained admission into The University of nigeria NSSUKA in 2010 . Going to school then wasn't so easy for me coz my mother couldnt fend for my fees due to the income of pety fruit business she was into, my boyfriend took it upon him sef to sponsor me till we graduated from the school without minding my un faithful attitude.
We began to co-habit in his accommodation off campus, we lived in school liked married couples. We weren't in the same department but yet people knew us and we were been called several names.
On a fateful tuesday we set out for meeting in our different faculty. He is a student of petro chemical engineed while I was a student of biz admin. Each faculty had it own aim for calling out the meeting but just like that meeting was called just because of the two of us. The aim while the meeting was called for wasn't talked about rather our head of department spoken on female studentso co-habiting with a male student. The topic turned out to be a big issue among the student, Every ones words spoken were like stones which was set out to hit so had on me, I felt to my face and began to cry like a baby, I don't know how I got up from my seat and calmly walked out of the meeting. While I was on my way home I met my boyfriend on the way, we began to journey home, he tired petting me to stop crying n began to question me on why I was crying, I explained all to him and he then told me that was what was spoken about in his department.
After some days, I sat to my self and I began to recall all that was said in the meeting, I realised some truth in it. I taughtfully said to myself why would I live with a guy who hasn't paid my bride and yet we lived like husband n wife, we do things that is been done in marriage, what even gives me the assurance he would get married to me? Immediately I picked up my things and left for my coursemate house, where I began to stay.

The question of the day is: is right to stay with a man who hasn't paid your bride price and his the one sponsoring you to school n footing other bills of yours?

1 Like

Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by 1234IKECHhukwu: 10:31am On Jul 19, 2017
For ur information UNN don't offer petrochemical engineering,they only offer chemical engineering so my dear I doubt this ur pathetic story

5 Likes

Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by davinero2: 10:33am On Jul 19, 2017
Keep allowing people dictate how you'd live your life en.
If this story is true, why would u cry when you're not staying under the roof of any of the persons discussing you?
Is your guy complaining? Continue
Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by cerowo(f): 11:18am On Jul 19, 2017
Morally is wrong....
Buh d guy has been trying, he's paying yr sch fees, taking care of your needs.... I think he has good intentions towards for him to b doing all what he did.
You only knows him, so u know what he's capable of doing

1 Like

Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
1234IKECHhukwu:
For ur information UNN don't offer petrochemical engineering,they only offer chemical engineering so my dear I doubt this ur pathetic story

She actually said chemical engineering. Why don't you read it again
Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by DEBUCHMANNY: 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2017
Rubbish! these are the ones making me to hate nairaland, anyway still searching for alternative platform.

for your information in UNN Business Administration should be in Enugu campus in the Management Faculty while Engineering is in Nsukka

2 Likes

Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2017
to me, you sound like an ingrate. you cheated on him and he forgive you. he's also sponsoring your education and footing your other bills. you're also probably living with him because you can't afford to stay at your own place and i'm sure he's not forcing you to stay there because many guys do like their space. so the guy's trying for you. he probably has his own needs to take care of while looking after yours. neither one of your parents are helping you out and you yourself aren't doing anything to cater for yourself, he is. but you're here complaining about bride price, na waa oo. give the guy a break, he's doing a lot for you already.

3 Likes

Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
Remember we have so many types of relationship, that you are living with him doesn't mean he will not marry you in future but if you are OK with moving out is also ok but make him to understand why you have to leave lastly please stop cheating on the innocent dude.
Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by romandiaz(m): 12:35pm On Jul 19, 2017
Maycher:
Lol. OP, thanks for the well thought out story.
Btw, there's no petro-chemical engineering department in UNN.
....I think say na only me notice that thing o!
Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by romandiaz(m): 12:37pm On Jul 19, 2017
DEBUCHMANNY:
Rubbish! these are the ones making me to hate nairaland, anyway still searching for alternative platform.

for your information in UNN Business Administration should be in Enugu campus in the Management Faculty while Engineering is in Nsukka
.....When I was in UNN, no such thing as Chemical Engineering!
Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by Loveeneh(f): 1:14pm On Jul 19, 2017
Please pardon me for the wrong use of the department, I only used those department to portray what I had in mind. Corrections are freely allowed.
Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 19, 2017
So after packing out what next
Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by crismark(m): 11:43pm On Jul 19, 2017
Chai!!! See lie...for Christ sakes stop lying.... Unn has its business admin faculty in its Enugu campus while all engineering departments re in its main campus at nsukka. So hw d hell re u going for lectures frm nsukka to Enugu everyday which is almost a 2 hour journey...
Sister u can lie ooo

Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by chachanga: 1:58am On Jul 20, 2017
crismark:
Chai!!! See lie...for Christ sakes stop lying.... Unn has its business admin faculty in its Enugu campus while all engineering departments re in its main campus at nsukka. So hw d hell re u going for lectures frm nsukka to Enugu everyday which is almost a 2 hour journey...
Sister u can lie ooo

chalk that up to her feeble attempts at achieving anonymity by jumbling up the facts of time and place.

The real issue is the morality and spirituality of her "funny" lifestyle thus far

Girl, it is wrong to cohabit like that. The man who eventually marriages you should get you for free, no bride price, no engagement things. It's just sad that we've got everything all jumbled up nowadays that boys don't feel secured anymore in these kinds of bethrothal arranegements without the involvement of sex yet in the process they over-use the lady so much she's considered spoilt-goods to anyone who's aware of her track record.
Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by Oyindidi(f): 4:46am On Jul 20, 2017
Loveeneh:
Please pardon me for the wrong use of the department, I only used those department to portray what I had in mind. Corrections are freely allowed.
Your story na lie
Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by LePrezident(m): 6:32am On Jul 20, 2017
So University departments in Nigeria call meetings on the private lives of adult students?

What sort of mushroom university is that?

How can a university be administered like a Junior High School boarding house?

This is utterly senseless.
Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by voyy: 8:21am On Jul 20, 2017
Maycher:
Lol. OP, thanks for the well thought out story.
Btw, there's no petro-chemical engineering department in UNN.

bros read well na ...... she said chemical engineering and nt petro-chemical. though i dnt knw abt d sch nd courses
Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 20, 2017
Its wrong and it reduces your self worth where he is.

You need to stand on your own, find a part time job or so, though I know a guy and a Lady that lived together while in school, they are now married but it's always rare.
Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by jerryfemi88: 11:17am On Jul 20, 2017
Loveeneh:
On a fateful tuesday we set out for meeting in our different faculty. He is a student of chemical engineering while I was a student of biz admin. Each faculty had it own aim for calling out the meeting but just like that meeting was called just because of the two of us. The aim while the meeting was called for wasn't talked about rather our head of department spoken on female studentso co-habiting with a male student. The topic turned out to be a big issue among the student, Every ones words spoken were like stones which was set out to hit so had on me, I felt to my face and began to cry like a baby, I don't know how I got up from my seat and calmly walked out of the meeting. While I was on my way home I met my boyfriend on the way, we began to journey home, he tired petting me to stop crying n began to question me on why I was crying, I explained all to him and he then told me that was what was spoken about in his department.

it is not good at all ,I can tell u out of experience it also happened to me.but I thank God that we are both married since u said ur family knows about the relationship,just look for money and give them drinks and the both parents would give two of u their blessing.is the main thing that traditional is not necessarily you make a noise just few of ur family members ,some one who can pay ur bills both of you can still afford to do traditional quietly and leave in peace and I bet you the blessing of marriage will follow both of you because I smell through love Godbless ur union

1 Like

Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by Maycher(m): 11:47am On Jul 20, 2017
voyy:

bros read well na ...... she said chemical engineering and nt petro-chemical. though i dnt knw abt d sch nd courses
Bro, go back and read it again
Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by voyy: 11:50am On Jul 20, 2017
Maycher:
Bro, go back and read it again
nothing like petro-chemical was mentioned in the story jare
Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by Homeboiy: 12:00pm On Jul 20, 2017
fake story
Nothing like petro chemical engineering in unn
Re: He Hasn't Paid My Brideprice Yet I Stay With Him by kullozone(m): 1:04pm On Jul 20, 2017
voyy:

nothing like petro-chemical was mentioned in the story jare

She edited it.

I don't believe you, but if your story is true then you're an ungrateful little b*tch. You don't deserve him one bit. Plus he's a foolish goat for not dumping your hoeing asss earlier.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Big Lies About Sex!!! / Inside Italy's First Sex Doll Brothel Which Is Already Fully Booked For Weeks / I Hated Her After Doing It! Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.