Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (249773 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:33am On Dec 18, 2017
Understanding His Perfect Love - Monday, December 18th .
Pastor Chris

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love (1 John 4:18).

Loving the Lord, and knowing that He loves you, is perfect love, and that perfect love rids your life of fear. This means the one who lives in fear isn’t perfected in love. You really don’t need to try to fight fear or doubt if you’d walk in God’s love. There’ll be no need for an effort on your part to walk triumphantly over the darkness and adversities of life if you’d trust His love for you, and love Him in return.

Sometimes, Christians and even ministers of the Gospel may have fears; it could be fear about their health, about their finances, about their ministry, etc. If you ever find yourself in such a state, don’t despair. Rather, meditate on the Father’s love for you, until it takes a hold of your spirit. If you do, no matter the troubles, you’ll have boldness and courage for victory in the midst of the trouble.

When someone says, “I’m afraid of this or that,” that person is yet to comprehend the love of God, for perfect love drives away fear: fear of being rejected by others, fear of the future or fear of life itself. What you need to realize is that God is love and you don’t have to be afraid of Him, despite all the wrong things you may have done. He says, “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:16).

God’s love for you is perfect love; that means He isn’t going to love you more when you get to heaven than He already does. Relate to Him with this understanding, and you’ll never be afraid of anything, for He has said, “…Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love…” (Jeremiah 31:3).

Confession...
Dear Father, thank you for your love in my heart; I walk in dominion today, because you’ve given me the spirit of power, love, and of a sound mind! I walk worthy of you unto all pleasing, rejoicing that you’ve caused me to triumph over fear, Satan, and the world. Hallelujah!

Further Study :
1 John 4:16
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

1 John 4:7-8
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Romans 5:5
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Revelation 10, Micah 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Acts 1:1-11, 2 Chronicles 32

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:29am On Dec 19, 2017
Absolutely Victorious IN Christ - Tuesday, December 19th .

Pastor Chris

But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:57)

The scriptures are replete with information that let us know that God has given us an absolutely victorious life. 1 John 5:4 says, “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.” 2 Corinthians 2:14 emphasizes the great, notable and consistent victories we have in Christ: “Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.”

Refuse to accept anything short of a life of glory and success in Christ Jesus, for that’s your heritage as a child of God. Jesus died for you, and it wasn’t for nothing. To keep cringing, bawling, wailing, crying or begging through life, after His death, and triumphant resurrection on your behalf, is to make the cross of Christ of none effect.

Jesus shed His blood for you; and since He’s already done it, all you need do is enjoy the triumphant life. This is the grace of God. When He hung on the cross, God saw you hanging on that cross; you died in Him, and rose up triumphantly from the grave with Him. Therefore, you have legal rights to righteousness, divine health, a sound and excellent mind, and an extraordinary life, because of what Christ has done for you.

2 Peter 1:3 says, “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.” The life He’s given us is one of glory and excellence, far removed from the sufferings and reproaches of this world. Why should anyone know this and live as a victim in life? Refuse to be poor or ordinary.

The world may be facing economic hardship, but we live the higher life. Job 22:29 says, “When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up….” There’s lifting power in you; power to rise over and above the crises of life. That power is Christ in you! Through Him, and in Him, we’ve been made eternally victorious.

Confession...
I’m eternally victorious in Christ. I have power over crises; I’m prospering exceedingly, manifesting the righteousness and dominion of Christ everywhere. I live above, and far beyond the distracting elements of this world, because I live in Christ! Blessed be God!

Further Study :
1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Colossians 1:26-27
[Even] the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27 To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Revelation 11, Micah 4-5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Acts 1:12-26, 2 Chronicles 33

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:45am On Dec 20, 2017
Be Strong And Courageous - Wednesday, December 20th

Pastor Chris

Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them (Joshua 1:6).

There’s a certain mentality you must have as a Christian; it’s the mentality of a victor; the mindset of courage and strength, where you know that come what may, you’ll always win. It’s a requirement; it’s something that God demands of you. He demanded it of Joshua as he started out in ministry.

Joshua had been with Moses, and observed that Moses was never defeated, for God Almighty was with him. The same God who was with Moses, after Moses’ demise, told Joshua, “There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee” (Joshua 1:5). What a message! It leaves no room for fear!

If you’re a pastor, for example, and some detractors walk into your place of worship to make trouble, don’t chicken out; take dominion. Notice God’s instruction in Joshua 1:6, “Be strong and of a good courage….” It doesn’t matter that the government is colliding with you, trying to resist God’s work, be courageous, for their defence is taken away from them (Numbers 14:9). Greater is He that’s in you, than he that’s in the world (1 John 4:4).

It doesn’t matter how seemingly powerful your adversaries are, “Be strong and of a good courage….” Someone might say, “But we all get discouraged sometimes”; no! Discouragement isn’t for Christians! We’re required to be strong and very courageous—always—not sometimes. How could you be discouraged when you’re one with the Lord? He’s your strength and your joy! He’s your song, your victory and your salvation.

Never find yourself in discouragement. Never wear a sad face, berating yourself for what you might have done wrong or crying over what others might have said or done against you. No weapon fashioned against you shall prosper (Isaiah 54:17). That’s the Word of the Lord concerning you. Read and meditate on Psalm 27:1-3: “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell….” Blessed be God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me through your Word, the mindset of a victor. I’m vibrant, courageous and strong. I win today and always, because Christ is in me; He leads me always in a perpetual victory parade. Glory to your Name forever! Amen.

Further Study::

Ephesians 6:13
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Joshua 1:9
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God [is] with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Isaiah 43:2
When thou passest through the waters, I [will be] with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 12, Micah 6-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 2:1-13, 2 Chronicles 34

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:00am On Dec 21, 2017
The Winning Mentality - Thursday, December 21st

Pastor Chris

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me (Philippians 4:13).

Those who grew up in homes where their confession was at variance with the thoughts in the opening text may have had it difficult to cultivate the kind of mentality Paul exhibited. They might have grown up listening to their parents say, “I can’t do this,” or “I can’t do that”; “there’s no money,” or “we don’t have enough.” But you see, this is the Spirit’s desire for you: to cultivate the “I can do” mentality.

That’s the way I think. Whatever God has laid for me to do, I can do it. I can do anything; I can have anything; I can! In Paul’s epistle to the Philippians, we read of his beautiful, Spirit-inspired testimony of himself. He had come to terms with the truth that the ability to do the impossible was at work in him, and that he was solely responsible for the extent to which that power in him worked.

Notice that he didn’t say, “We can do all things...”; rather, he personalized it; this was his very own testimony. He made a confession that the ability of the Spirit had been granted him to achieve supernatural exploits in life. This same Apostle, in Ephesians 3:20-21, writes, “Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.”

Practise this. You might even make a lot of mistakes, but don’t be discouraged; that doesn’t mean anything, because you’re still learning; soon enough you’ll perfect it. Someone might say “I don’t have sufficient time to achieve the things i want to do,” no! When you practise making the “I can do” confession, such things will be totally eradicated from your vocabulary, and therefore, your system.

Rather than saying you don’t have time for this or that, keep your composure, knowing that the God who lives in you is the owner of time. In Joel 2:25 (MSG), He said, “I’ll make up for the years of the locust, the great locust devastation—Locusts savage, locusts deadly, fierce locusts, locusts of doom….” If He can restore wasted years, He can restore wasted months, wasted weeks, wasted days, wasted hours, wasted minutes, wasted seconds, and wasted moments. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for your power that works in me mightily. I declare that I can do all things through your Spirit that’s at work in me. Nothing is impossible unto me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

Colossians 1:29
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

2 Corinthians 3:5 AMPC
Not that we are fit (qualified and sufficient in ability) of ourselves to form personal judgments or to claim or count anything as coming from us, but our power and ability and sufficiency are from God.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 13:1-10, Nahum 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 2:14-24, 2 Chronicles 35

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:18am On Dec 22, 2017
Real and Authentic Christianity - Friday, December 22nd

Pastor Chris

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9 AMPC).

Real and authentic Christianity is the demonstration and display of the virtues, excellences and perfections of Christ on earth. It’s a walk of righteousness. Take a look at Peter’s submission in our opening verse; that’s who the Christian is.

Notice that the verse doesn’t say, “You’re going to be...” No! You need to understand the difference between when God is giving us a promise and when He’s making a statement of fact. They’re two different things. If He tells you what you’re going to be or what you’re going to do, that’s different from what you are and where you are. It says, “But you are…”; that means “now,” whether or not you feel that way makes no difference. If God says you are, you are. Hallelujah!

There’re Christians and even ministers who say, “You know, it’s not like we’re special; we’re just ordinary people doing supernatural or extraordinary things.” Never say that. We’re not ordinary people doing extraordinary things. We’re extraordinary people doing extraordinary things! Look at it there: It says we’re, “…[God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.” That’s Christianity.

It’s our responsibility to get God’s children to become like this, that the body of Christ will boldly display and demonstrate the virtues, excellences, and perfections of Christ; the righteousness of Christ. Praise God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, your life in me makes me an impregnable breed, not subject to sickness, defeat or failure. I’m an absolute success and victor in life. I reign and exercise dominion over circumstances, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

1 John 5:11-12
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 13:11-14:1-20, Habakkuk 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 2:25-36, 2 Chronicles 36

EXTRACT FROM: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:47am On Dec 23, 2017
Knowing and Enjoying Your Inheritance - Saturday, December 23rd

Pastor Chris

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God (1 Corinthians 2:12).

1 Corinthians 3:21 says, “...All things are yours.” It doesn’t get clearer or more direct than that. 2 Peter 1:3 emphasises the same reality. It says, “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness….” There’s nothing you need today that isn’t already made available to you in Christ.

However, there’s no way you can appropriate the blessings of God to your life if you don’t know the Word. Through the Word, you discover your inheritance; but there’s more. It’s one thing to discover your inheritance, it’s another thing to enjoy it; and that’s where the Holy Spirit comes in. Weread in our opening verse, part of His ministry in our lives: He helps us know our divine endowments; things that have been given to us freely by God.

Then, the ensuing verse thirteen says, “Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth…” (1 Corinthians 2:13). Did you notice that? He helps us know, and teaches us to speak what we know. That’s the key to enjoying your inheritance. The affirmation of it makes it real. Life in its fullness, fellowship with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ, righteousness, peace, divine healing and health, prosperity, forgiveness, etc., are some of God’s glorious blessings given to you to enjoy freely; speak them forth.

Philemon 1:6 says, “That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.” Acknowledging the good things in you doesn’t mean a passive recognition of the blessings you have in Christ. Rather, it means to recognise and affirm your blessings and heritage in Christ. It means to recognise and vocalise all that you are, all that you have, and all that you can do in Christ. Hallelujah!

Prayer.....
Precious Holy Spirit, I love you; thank you for helping me recognize your wonderful blessings in my life, and teaching me how to enjoy them! Life in its fullness, fellowship with the Father and with the Son Jesus Christ, righteousness, divine healing peace, and health, prosperity, a life of glory and excellence are present-hour all possessions, Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

1 John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

1 Timothy 6:17
Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

Acts 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 15, Zephaniah 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 2:37-47, Ezra 1

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:03am On Dec 24, 2017
The Word in Our Hearts - Sunday, December 24th

Pastor Chris

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 4:6).

The Lord Jesus is the Light of the world. He’s the Light that shines in darkness, and the Bible says the darkness comprehends it not (John 1:5). This same Light, according to our opening verse, has shined in our hearts, to give us light of the knowledge of the glory of God. What does this mean?

The Word of God is light (Psalm 119:105); that light is in our hearts. That means no more darkness, no more confusion, and no more uncertainties in your life. There’s direction and purpose for your life, because you have the light of life: “…I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life” (John 8:12).

The eyes of your understanding have been flooded with light, so that you can know and understand the hope to which God has called you, and grasp the immensity of His glorious inheritance for you. Because the Word was born, and now lives in your heart, you can boldly declare that the life of God is in you; the strength of God is in you; you’re a success and a victor forever.

Apart from being light, the Word is also truth: “…thy word is truth” (John 17:17). The truth lives in you. Oh, such glorious news! The truth is His light; the truth is His Word, and you’re walking in the truth. The truth is that you’re of God, and have overcome Satan, the world, and its systems. Greater is He that’s in you than he that’s in the world.

The truth is that you’ve arrived in the place called “Christ”, where sickness, disease and infirmity have lost their grip on you. Because you’re one with the Word, you’ve overcome diabetes; you’ve overcome heart trouble, chest pain, cancer, etc. No tumour; no fibroid; nothing of darkness can thrive in your body anymore, because your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost; He lives in every fibre of your being. Hallelujah! This is part of the joy we celebrate at Christmas—the Word in our hearts, and its power in our lives!

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the gift of your Son, Jesus. He lives in me in His fullness, and in Him I live, move and have my being. No challenge is big enough to weigh me down because I’m born of God and complete in Christ. I’m alive to God—spirit, soul, and body. There’re no impossibilities with me, for Christ is my sufficiency. Hallelujah!

Further Study :

John 1:14 AMPC
And the Word (Christ) became flesh (human, incarnate) and tabernacled (fixed His tent of flesh, lived awhile) among us; and we [actually] saw His glory (His honor, His majesty), such glory as an only begotten son receives from his father, full of grace (favor, loving-kindness) and truth.

2 Corinthians 4:6 AMPC
For God Who said, Let light shine out of darkness, has shone in our hearts so as [to beam forth] the Light for the illumination of the knowledge of the majesty and glory of God [as it is manifest in the Person and is revealed] in the face of Jesus Christ (the Messiah).

John 9:5
As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 16, Haggai 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 3:1-11, Ezra 2

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:21am On Dec 25, 2017
Christmas Is The Word Alive in You - Monday, December 25th

Pastor Chris

And the Word (Christ) became flesh (human, incarnate) and tabernacled (fixed His tent of flesh, lived awhile) among us; and we [actually] saw His glory (His honor, His majesty), such glory as an only begotten son receives from his father, full of grace (favor, loving-kindness) and truth (John 1:14 AMPC).

How awesome this is! Jesus, the Word, the ancient of days, became flesh and dwelt among us; that’s Christmas! I can imagine how awe-stricken the people were to see Jesus walk the streets in Bible days, full of grace and truth! The Bible says the disciples beheld His glory; He was resplendent in honour and majesty. The Word, which was, in the beginning of the ages now abides, not just with us but also in us.

The Bible says, “Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us” (Matthew 1:23). He was born “Emmanuel,” but today, He’s the Word alive in us: “Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints…which is Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:26-27). Wow!

Christmas means the abiding Word in you! Now, like Him, you’re the Word in flesh, because you’re born of the Word: “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever” (1 Peter 1:23). James 1:18 declares, “Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.” Blessed be God!

The Word became flesh and walked the streets; they beheld His glory, until He was slain. But God raised Him up and showed Him openly with many infallible proofs. Now, He abides in you. He lives in you, and you live through Him! This is the true definition and essence of Christmas: The Word has come. Christ is born. He lived and died, to be born in our hearts. Now He abides in you forever!

The One whose glory and light the Prophets spoke of; the true Light, which lights every man that comes into the world; the very essence of life—Christ Jesus—is born in our hearts and He’s alive in you today. Merry Christmas!

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for your presence in my life, and the glory of your Word, which is manifested through me today. I’m one with the Word, being born of the Word! Christ, the Living and incarnate Word has become my life; I live in and through Him. Blessed be God!

Further Study :

Matthew 1:20-23
But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

John 14:16-17
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 17, Zechariah 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 3:12-26,Ezra 3-4

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:46am On Dec 26, 2017
The Revelation Of The Word in You

Tuesday, December 26th

Pastor Chris

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you (1 Peter 1:23-25).

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you (1 Peter 1:23-25).

The Bible says we’re the epistles of Christ (2 Corinthians 3:2); in other words, your very life is a message; it’s the manifestation of God’s Word, because you’re born of the Word of God; that makes you an offspring of the Word. Every living thing reproduces after its kind and you’re born of the same living Word that became flesh and dwelt amongst us. This means you’re also the Word of God in flesh.

2 Corinthians 3:2-3 says, “Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.” You’ve been manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ. This is the revelation of true Christianity!

True Christianity is the out-working of the Word in you. When you talk, it’s the Word; when you act, it’s the Word. We read that we’re manifestly declared to be the epistles of Christ, known and read of all men. Meaning that, as the world look at us, they literally can read the Word of God. No wonder we’re the effulgence of His glory, the manifestation of His righteousness. When you show up, Christ shows up, for as He is, so are you in this world (1 John 4:17).

Confession...
I’m born of the incorruptible Word of God. Therefore, I’m the epistle of Christ, the effulgence of His glory, the manifestation of His goodness and righteousness. I’m a message read of all men, through whom many are coming to the glory, beauty, perfection, liberty, joy, and the knowledge of Christ. Hallelujah!

Merry Christmas, here a special Christmas Gift just for you,kindly click: http:///2hcmFLe

Further Study :

John 1:14 AMPC
And the Word (Christ) became flesh (human, incarnate) and tabernacled (fixed His tent of flesh, lived awhile) among us; and we [actually] saw His glory (His honor, His majesty), such glory as an only begotten son receives from his father, full of grace (favor, loving-kindness) and truth.

James 1:18
Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Revelation 18, Zechariah 4-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Acts 4:1-12, Ezra 5

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:25am On Dec 27, 2017
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

Love Like Jesus -Wednesday, December 27th

Pastor Chris

We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death (1 John 3:14).

Walking in love isn’t an option for the Christian, and one major characteristic of love is that it forgives. You must always forgive others, irrespective of what they might have done against you. It doesn’t matter the extent of hatred and acrimony you may experience from certain people, you have the obligation to love and forgive those who hurt or persecute you, like Jesus did.

Imagine His reaction to those who crucified Him; He looked up to heaven and said, “...Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do...” (Luke 23:34). He overlooked their ignorance and forgave their wrongs. Always be quick to forgive. Don’t say, “But what he did was so terrible”; there’s no wrong that doesn’t deserve forgiveness. Jesus proved it.

Stephen did too; read his story: the Jews stirred up false charges against him for preaching the Gospel and ordered his execution. The Bible says, “…as the murderous stones came hurtling at him, Stephen…fell to his knees, shouting, ‘Lord, don’t charge them with this sin!’ and with that, he died” (Acts 7:59-60 TLB). He cried out to God to forgive those who murdered him.

As you take stock and round off the year, one thing you must ensure is to look into your life and confidently say that you hold nothing against anyone. Even the most difficult people, under the most difficult circumstances, still deserve to be loved.

God wants you to know that all people are valuable to Him, irrespective of how you may feel about them. Train yourself to relate with everyone around you in this manner. Never judge or condemn others. Follow the example of the Master. He said in Matthew 5:44-45, “…Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven….”

Prayer...
Dear Father, just as you’ve loved me, I’ve made up my mind to love like you—unconditionally. The compassion of Christ is expressed through me today. My heart is full of love, because the love of God is shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Ghost, to see the beauty and true value of others, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

Matthew 5:43-46
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

1 John 4:7-12
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. 10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. 12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 19:1-10, Zechariah 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 4:13-22, Ezra 6

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:52am On Dec 28, 2017

Prayer And Fasting - Thursday, December 28th

Pastor Chris

And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting (Mark 9:29).

Sometimes as Christians, we miss God’s order of things. God is a God of order, and order gives meaning to things. For example, all around the world, people tend to confuse the order and say, “fasting and prayer,” instead of “prayer and fasting.” Prayer comes before fasting in the Scriptures.

Not understanding the right order may account for the reason many people fast without praying, which is largely a waste of time and effort. The emphasis should be on praying. It’s a call to prayer, and because you’re praying, you’re consciously staying away from eating. The fast is on, because you’re praying, not because you’re not eating.

Acts 13:2 says, “As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said….” Notice the order: they ministered to the Lord and fasted. How do you minister to the Lord? It’s in worship, prayer, praise and thanksgiving. The focus was on ministering to the Lord, and because of this, they fasted. Then the Lord spoke to them after they had prayed.

The New Year is just around the corner, and in preparing for it, you must spend time to pray and fast. Pick the days, or if such days have already been designated in your group or in your local church, be sure to participate fully, bearing in mind the purpose of the fast: praying; ministering to the Lord.

Some people occupy themselves with various irrelevant activities during prayer and fasting, so they don’t feel the hunger until it’s time to break the fast, no; it’s not that way. Aside from praying, the only activities you should indulge in and encourage are such that would further inspire you to pray, such as studying and meditating on the Word.

Take your Bible and some Christian books to read, and messages to listen to or watch on your devices. Put the TV off, and cast the newspapers and magazines aside. Possibly, put off your phone or turn off the network; you don’t need any distraction.

If you desire specific outstanding results in the coming year that only the anointing can produce, you need to do this: Spend quality time to speak in tongues and position yourself for achievements and significant exploits, not just in the coming year, but in the years ahead.

Prayer...
Blessed Lord, I thank you for all that you’ve prepared for me in the coming year. My spiritual antenna is raised to hear and receive your instructions, guidance, and wisdom that’ll propel me in the path of greatness that you’ve ordained for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen

Further Study :
Daniel 9:3-5
And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes: 4 And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments; 5 We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgments:

Acts 14:23
And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 19:11-21, Zechariah 9-11

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 4:23-37, Ezra 7

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:43am On Dec 29, 2017

He Rewards Your Labor of Love - Friday, December 29th

Pastor Chris

For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister (Hebrews 6:10).

Everything you do or sacrifice for the sake of the Gospel isn’t only recorded (Malachi 3:16), the Lord also rewards you for it. This brings to mind Peter’s encounter with the Lord at the lake of Gennesaret: “And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret, And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets. And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon’s, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship” (Luke 5:1-3).

Peter and his company had just returned from a fruitless all-night fishing expedition. So, his decision to oblige the Master the use of his boat wasn’t an easy one; he had to jettison his disappointment and exhaustion. And thank God He did!

The Bible says after Jesus preached to the crowd from Peter’s boat, He asked Peter to launch out into the deep for a great catch. Peter obeyed and caught a great multitude of fishes such that he had to call out to his partners to help him haul in the great catch (Luke 5:6-7).

Remember, he had toiled all night and caught nothing. But suddenly, he had so much, just because of what He did for the Master.

What sacrifices have you made for the sake of the Gospel? It could be your time, money, family, friends and relationships you gave up, whatever it is, God hasn’t forgotten. Your blessing isn’t deferred until you get to heaven. It begins here on earth.

Peter didn’t receive his harvest of fishes in heaven; he got it on earth. Therefore, your reward isn’t far ahead; it’s closer than you think. Be assured that He’ll reward you in due time, for He doesn’t forget your labour of love!

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, with renewed vigour, I yield myself to your Spirit for greater service, passionately seeking the expansion of your Kingdom, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

Malachi 3:16
Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard [it], and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

Matthew 10:42
And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold [water] only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

Mark 10:29-31
And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, 30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life. 31 But many [that are] first shall be last; and the last first.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 20, Zechariah 12-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 5:1-11, Ezra 8

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:36am On Dec 31, 2017
Look Ahead - Sunday, December 31st

Pastor Chris

…but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before (Philippians 3:13).

There’s so much the Lord has in store for you to enjoy in the coming year. Look forward to the New Year with faith and joy, for greater glory lies ahead, and it completely outshines the victories and triumphs of yesterday. Refuse to allow the seeming failures, weaknesses, and disappointments you may have experienced dissipate your enthusiasm and faith to win.

Set your goals and focus on the Spirit and His Word. Don’t focus on the past. Look ahead. Raise your vision. The regrets of yesterday and the fear of tomorrow are enemies of today’s happiness. Position yourself aright for a triumphant life by keeping your gaze on, and living in the Word. Refuse to give up on your dreams.

Proverbs 4:18 says, “…the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.” Believe and affirm this as the reality of your life. You can only make progress as a child of God. Your journey in life is upward and forward only; no disappointments, because “…we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose”(Romans 8:28).

Cheer up! The future is bright. You have nothing to fear. The Lord has already made the crooked paths straight; therefore, you’ll triumph in the coming year. He said in John 16:33, “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”

See yourself making greater impact with the Gospel in the coming year. See yourself in health, joy, and prosperity. See yourself walking in righteousness and producing works and fruits of righteousness. See yourself fulfilling the will of the Father, pleasing Him in all things as you receive and run with the Word for the year.

Confession...
I’m strong and very courageous, standing firm in faith, reaching out and apprehending the glories that lie ahead. My path is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day. I’m walking in righteousness and producing works and fruits of righteousness. Blessed be God!

Further Study :
Isaiah 43:18-20 MSG "Forget about what's happened; don't keep going over old history. 19 Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new. It's bursting out! Don't you see it? There it is! I'm making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands. 20 Wild animals will say 'Thank you!'--the coyotes and the buzzards--Because I provided water in the desert, rivers through the sun-baked earth, Drinking water for the people I chose,

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Revelation 22, Malachi 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 5:24-32, Nehemiah 1-2

3 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:03pm On Jan 01, 2018
Walk In His Light - Monday, January 1st .
Pastor Chris

In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not (John 1:4-5).

In John 8:12, Jesus said, “…I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” Again, in John 9:5, He said, “As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” Light is that which defines, describes and illumines. In Psalm 119:105 the Psalmist writes, “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”

To live without Christ is to live in gross darkness and utter hopelessness. You can’t even know yourself outside Him, for only in Him—His light—is your true identity and personality revealed. The Bible says with Him is the fountain of life: in His light shall we see light (Psalm 36:9). Hallelujah!

If you use all the lights in the world to define your life, you’re sure to see things that you don’t like. But under His light, you’re excellent and full of glory. God’s light—His Word—shows who you are, what you have, and your abilities in Christ. You may use the X-rays and see the human bones or anatomy, but only the Word shows the greater One that lives in you.

Apart from showing you your endowments and rights in Christ, the Word also produces in you such changes that are consistent with the message it bears. Moreso, the Word leads and directs you in God’s perfect will for your life, imparting you with the wisdom to fulfill it.

As you study God’s Word and meditate therein, you’ll have light as to the specific things you’re supposed to do this new year. You’ll have light as to the goals to set, and the definite steps to take in actualizing those goals. You’ll have the insight and knowledge to deal excellently in all your affairs. You’ll walk in success, health, prosperity, peace, and strength if you would walk in, and see by God’s Light—His Word.

Confession...
I’m walking in the path of life, fulfilling God’s perfect will for my life. The light of God is in my spirit, to know, and walk in my inheritance in Christ Jesus. Thank you blessed Father, for guiding me by your light, in the path of greatness and excellence, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Psalm 119:130
The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.

Isaiah 2:5
O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Matthew 1, Genesis 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Acts 5:33-42, Nehemiah 3

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:34am On Jan 02, 2018
Ordained to be Productive - Tuesday, January 2nd .

Pastor Chris

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper (Psalm 1:3).

Jesus brought us into a life of power, fruitfulness, and productivity. This truth is expressed in John 15:16 where He said, “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.” He lets you know that you’ve been chosen, ordained, commissioned and appointed to bring forth lasting results.

This means He has made you efficient and effective: “But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you” (Acts 1:8 AMPC). This is the mind-set with which you must approach every assignment this year. There’s increased grace for you. The Lord is at work in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure (Philippians 2:13).

Read again the Psalmist’s beautiful description of this extraordinary life of productivity and excellence that God has brought you into: “And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper” (Psalm 1:3). Make this your daily contemplation and confession. Declare every so often, “I’m like a tree planted by the rivers of water, and I produce excellent results. I’m fruitful and productive!”

You can do anything; you can be anything; you can get anything; you can go anywhere; you can be what you choose to be. This is the life God has given you; it’s a life of righteousness with dominion, where you honour and please Him by being fruitful in every good work, as you increase in the knowledge of Him.

Confession...
I’m strengthened, fortified, and energized for victory, success and excellence through the power of God’s Word, and the might of the Spirit. I’m ordained unto a life of fruitfulness and productivity, flourishing in the courts of the Lord, bringing Him honour, and bearing abundant fruits unto Him in righteousness. Blessed be God!

Further Study :
Psalm 92:12-15 The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. 13 Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God. 14 They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; 15 To shew that the LORD [is] upright: [he is] my rock, and [there is] no unrighteousness in him.

Proverbs 11:28
He that trusteth in his riches shall fall: but the righteous shall flourish as a branch.

Jeremiah 17:7-8 Blessed [is] the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. 8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and [that] spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 2, Genesis 3-5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 6:1-8, Nehemiah 4-5

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:09am On Jan 03, 2018

Perpetual Victory and Glory in Christ Jesus - Wednesday, January 3rd .

Pastor Chris

Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place (2 Corinthians 2:14).

For those who understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the reason Christ came, life isn’t full of “ups and downs,” but one of perpetual victory and glory in Christ Jesus. As a child of God, you’re called to live each day of your life in glory, in victory over every situation. The victorious life is your birthright, for God has raised you up, and made you to sit together with Christ in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6).

You’re seated with Christ “Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come” (Ephesians 1:21). You’re seated far above the devil and the cohorts of darkness, and the negative influences of this world. You’ve already overcome them! Have the mentality that you can’t be defeated or disadvantaged.

Nothing in this world could successfully stand against you, for “…greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4). You’ve been delivered, transferred, from the powers of darkness, and translated into the Kingdom of God’s dear Son, who leads us in the triumphal excursions of life; a perpetual victory parade!

Take your stand in faith against sickness, disease, poverty, death, Satan, and his manipulations. Maintain your victory in Christ Jesus. Life in Christ is a super-life; it’s a daily expression of victorious and triumphant living! The Bible says, “Christ in you, the hope of glory”; that means glory has come now that Christ is in you. That you have Christ in you means success has come; prosperity has come; strength has come. Hallelujah! What a life He’s given us; a life of victory, glory and dominion, through the Word and the Holy Spirit.

Confession...
I go forth today, in victory and dominion over Satan, and his cohorts of darkness, and the circumstances of life. I experience the power and supernatural grace of God today, as I make manifest the savour of the knowledge of Christ, in every place, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

1 Corinthians 15:55
O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?
:56 The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
:57 But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Romans 8:35
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?
:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Matthew 3, Genesis 6-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Acts 6:9-15, Nehemiah 6

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:00am On Jan 04, 2018

Our Completeness in Him - Thursday, January 4th .

Pastor Chris

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power (Colossians 2:9-10).

The totality of divinity resides in Jesus Christ. When you see Jesus, you’re looking at the fullness of the God-head; He’s the house of God in entirety. Whether or not you agree with this doesn’t make any difference. You may look at Him and say He’s just a man, like they said in Bible days, but He’s Himself God.

“Fullness” in our theme scripture is the Greek word “pleroma” which means a completeness, where nothing that’s necessary is out; where there’s no shortage; a perfect completion. And something most amazing about this is that the Bible says, “You’re complete in Him who is the head of all principality and power.”

When God looks at you, He sees completeness; everything you require for life and godliness is in you: “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue” (2 Peter 1:3). Refuse to live with a consciousness of lack; as though there’re certain things you don’t have; live the higher life in Christ.

As long as you’re thinking, “If only the government would do this or that for me; if only XYZ would give me this or give me that, I’d be able to make it in life,” you’re confessing incompleteness, and that’s wrong. You’re sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency. Become totally inundated with this consciousness. Affirm it. Live it.

Your confession, every so often should be, “Father, I’m not desiring anything, because I have all things! I’m complete in Christ! I’m sufficient in His sufficiency; there’s no shortage in my life, but completeness.” Do this consciously and continually, and you’d realize that merely calling things by name brings them into your world. This world belongs to you! Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the indwelling presence of Christ in me, in the person of the Holy Spirit. I don’t lack or want for anything: ideas, inspiration, wealth, prosperity, and all the goodness of God are in my spirit, and I bring them forth from the fullness in my spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 82:6
I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you [are] children of the most High.

Acts 17:28
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

John 17:22
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Matthew 4, Genesis 9-11

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Acts 7:1-11, Nehemiah 7-8

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:46am On Jan 05, 2018
Our Fellowship With Him - Friday, January 5th .

Pastor Chris

That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ (1 John 1:3).

Fellowship means oneness. It’s a coming together; a union. And in the context of our opening text, it means being in the same class with God. We’ve been brought into an inseparable oneness with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. No wonder Peter calls us “comrades of the God-kind”; partakers of the divine nature (2 Peter 1:4).

The same life that flows in the vine (Jesus), flows in the branches (the church), because we’re one with Him. This is a marvelous thing about our Christianity; our oneness with the Lord. It’s the reason Jesus came. The Bible says, “God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord” (1 Corinthians 1:9).

How could you be broke, poor, or live an ordinary life, when you’re in fellowship with God? Part of what that means is that you’re a joint-heir with Christ! Everything that belongs to Jesus Christ belongs to you, in the same way that it belongs to Him. That’s the grace of Jesus Christ. He’s brought you into oneness with Himself. The world belongs to you. Live and walk in this consciousness.

Nothing can work against you. Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God….” It doesn’t matter how dark and gloomy things get, you’re a victor in Christ Jesus, because you’re in league—in partnership—with the Monarch of the universe. Anywhere you are in the world, God knows, God cares, God is concerned, and He’s mindful of you to do you good. This consciousness will change your perception of the world, and of yourself.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege of being in fellowship with you, with Jesus and with the Holy Spirit; my life is made! The world belongs to me! I’m unlimited; all things are mine in Christ. I express the life and character of the Spirit to my world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

1 Corinthians 6:17
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

2 Corinthians 13:14
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, [be] with you all. Amen.

2 Peter 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Matthew 5:1-20, Genesis 12-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Acts 7:12-21, Nehemiah 9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by noblefrank31(m): 7:50am On Jan 05, 2018
»» Are Weary And Tired Of Life? Jesus Wants To Do A New Thing In Your Life Today! See Powerful Prayer Points For Instant Breakthroughs And Miracles!

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:38pm On Jan 06, 2018
Don’t Be Sin Conscious - Saturday, January 6th .

Pastor Chris

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

As a child of God, you shouldn’t be on the look out for your sins. In other words, don’t be conscious of sin. Our opening text says if we walk in the light (the Word) as He is in the light, the blood of Jesus automatically cleanses us from all sin. If this is true (and it is), then you don’t have to be confessing your sins all the time. If, for example, you do something wrong, just say, “Lord, I’m sorry for what I did; I receive forgiveness in Jesus’ Name” and that’s it. You might ask, “Is it that simple?” Yes, it is.

God didn’t tell you to ask Him for forgiveness. When you ask God to forgive you, it’s like asking Him to save you. If you do ask Him for forgiveness, when will you know He has answered? In the same way, if you’re asking God to save your soul, how will you know He has saved you? You’ll never know because there’s nothing for Him to do about saving you that He hasn’t already done.

Therefore, what you have to do is receive salvation; you don’t ask for it. It’s the same thing with forgiveness; you receive forgiveness; you don’t ask for it, because the blood of Jesus Christ was shed for the remission of your sins. Some Christians are always asking God for forgiveness, and because they’re asking for something that’s been provided for them, they don’t apply faith. You’re to receive forgiveness as an act of your faith. Afterwards, don’t go back again to receive forgiveness for the same offence, even when Satan brings it to your consciousness.

You’ve already been washed and purged of your sins. Colossians 1:21-22 says, “And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight.” This happened before you ever did anything right or wrong. Therefore, refuse to be sin-conscious. You’re the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus; be righteousness-conscious.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for sending your Son, Jesus, to die and shed His blood for the remission of my sins; I’m cleansed and purified. I walk in the finished works of Christ. Therefore, there’s no condemnation for me. I’m justified, free from the accusation of the evil one, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Romans 8:1
[There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5:19-20
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Romans 5:7-11
For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 11 And not only [so], but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 5:21-48, Genesis 15-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 7:22-32, Nehemiah 10

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:58am On Jan 07, 2018
The Lordship Of Love - Sunday, January 7th

Pastor Chris

The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of allsmiley (Acts 10:36).

When you declared Jesus Christ as Lord of your life, He became your Master. Lord means master, possessor or owner. Some Christians don’t seem to realize this; they think Jesus is there to answer their prayers and give them whatever they want. They haven’t known Him as Lord. He being the Lord of your life means you exist for Him; He’s the One in charge of your life.

The beautiful thing about it is that He’s not a tyrant; so, He doesn’t try to run your life or infringe on your will. He’s Lord over you in love. The Lordship of Jesus Christ is the Lordship of love. It means submitting yourself to love; the loving power of God. Remember, He’s love. So, when Jesus became the Lord of your life, “Love” became the Lord of your life.
There’s no selfishness about Jesus; He’s God’s love personified and expressed to man. He’s the living love of God manifested to us. You don’t love yourself as much as “Love” loves you; He’s more ambitious for your success than you could ever be for yourself. When this becomes your consciousness, all your struggles will be over.

Jesus loves you more than you could ever imagine. He’s more willing and concerned for your happiness, peace, and joy, than you could ever be for yourself. He knows all the gifts that you want in your life and every good thing you want for yourself, and He desires even more for you. Serve Him with all your heart. Trust Him with your life. Not only does He know everything about you, He knows everything about your future. Without Him, there’s no future for you.

Put yourself into His guiding arms and let Him lead you. Submit to the supremacy of His will, counsel and wisdom, for He loves you with an everlasting love. Hallelujah!.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the Lordship of Jesus over my life; the lordship of His love. I cast myself into your loving arms, trusting you to lead and guide me in your perfect will for my life. I walk the path of success and victory only, because Jesus is Lord of my life, my mind, body, finances and all that concerns me; He’s my master, lover, and friend. Glory to His Name forever.

Further Study :
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 16:27
For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Jeremiah 31:3
The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, [saying], Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Matthew 6:1-18, Genesis 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Acts 7:33-42, Nehemiah 11

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:25pm On Jan 08, 2018
Agree With The Word - Monday, January 8th .

Pastor Chris

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10:9-10).

Confession in our opening text means speaking the same thing in consent. If God has said something, and you say something that’s in consonance with what He has said, that’s confession. For example, the Word says the Lord is with you always until the end of the age. Therefore, never say, “O God, be with me”; to speak like that is to be in conflict with God’s Word. You ought to say, “Lord, I thank you for you’re with me always.”

The Bible says, “Can two walk together, except they be agreed?” (Amos 3:3). The way to walk in agreement with God is to do His Word or act in line with the Word; that’s where the blessing is: “But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed” (James 1:25).

Our opening text says, “…if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” Anyone who, in response to that, declares the Lordship of Jesus, believing that God raised Him from the dead, is saved and will never go to hell. However, if after making that declaration someone goes ahead to say, “I don’t know whether I’m saved or not,” they repudiate their salvation.

Never speak against the Word. Don’t invalidate your faith by speaking words that conflict with the will of God for you. The way to an ever vibrant, ever glorious and successful life is talking the Word only, regardless of circumstances. There’re not enough problems in the world to hinder your progress if you’d speak and live in consonance with the Word.

Prayer...
I live and walk in health, prosperity, and in all the benefits of salvation in Christ. The Name of Jesus is named upon me, and I live triumphantly, from glory to glory, heaping success upon success, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
2 Corinthians 4:13
We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Hebrews 13:5-6
[Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Matthew 6:19-7:1-6, Genesis 20-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Acts 7:43-53, Nehemiah 12

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:33am On Jan 09, 2018

An Entirely New Life - Tuesday, January 9th .

Pastor Chris

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17).

The term “born again” isn’t a religious cliché, which connotes turning over a new leaf. When you ask some Christians how they know they’re born again, some would reply, “I know I’m born again, because the bad things I used to do, I do them no more. I’ve changed my ways, and now, I behave differently.” Being born again is much more than that. What you receive when you’re born again is an entirely new life. There’s no such thing as “The bad things I used to do, I do them no more,” because the person who did those things is dead. He doesn’t exist anymore.

When you received Christ into your life, something actually happened: your spirit was recreated. You were born of the Word of God and of the Spirit of God. You now have the life, nature and character of God. And when a man has the life, nature and character of God, he can only live like God. So, being born again is actually receiving the God-nature; becoming an associate of the God-kind.

Romans 6:6 says, “Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.” Your old life or nature isn’t suspended; it’s dead; you’ve come up a new man; a new species of being; one that never existed before; one without a past. In the presence of God, everything you were before you were born again, and everything you did before you were born again has no record. This isn’t a promise. This is a statement of fact in the Word.

If you’re ignorant of this, you could be struggling with your past or with the sins you committed before you were born again. This, invariably, could make you ineffective in the things of God. No; you’re not a sinner. You’re the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, because you’re born again (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Walk in the consciousness of your righteousness, and new life in Christ: “Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life” (Romans 6:4).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word and the power therein to make me what it talks about. I live the transcendent life, walking in your glory and in the dominion of the Spirit. I live in victory, righteousness, peace and joy forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

Colossians 3:9
Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Matthew 7:7-29, Genesis 23-24

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Acts 7:54-60, Nehemiah 13

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:30am On Jan 10, 2018
Live Above The Systems - Wednesday, January 10th .

Pastor Chris

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content (Philippians 4:11).

The life the Master lived here on earth was so impressive. Jesus was far removed from the decadence of the world, the penury around Him and the corruption and failure of His society. He lived far above, and beyond the government and systems of the day when He walked the earth.

We don’t find Jesus interfering with their politics or trying to do something about their economy. In other words, He didn’t bring some strange or heavenly currency into their system, yet He was never limited by money. Money was His slave. He was self-sufficient. Whatever He required, He didn’t need to call out to heaven; He brought it forth from within.

This is the life that He’s given us: He’s made us self-sufficient, to function above and beyond the systems of this world. He said you’re in the world, but not of the world. That means you’re not to be ruled, dominated or influenced by the systems, that is the crippling and corrupting influences in today’s world. You play by a different set of rules. Many around you may be influenced, and provoked to compromise as a result of the corruption in today’s world, but be like Jesus. Be independent of circumstances.

Think and talk like Paul, who said, “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19). In the eleventh verse, while in prison, he wrote: “Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content (independent of circumstances)” (Philippians 4:11). He was self-sufficient. Furthermore, he said, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me” (Philippians 4:13).

Refuse to be enslaved by the system of this world; live above and beyond it. That’s the only way. Learn God’s Word and operate a law that’s higher than the law that runs in the systems of this world. Job 22:29 says, “When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up….” Keep your head up high and maintain your faith-composure. When it seems like you’re beginning to feel the pressure, don’t give in; keep doing the Word. Shut yourself in and talk the Word. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
I live above the economy and economics of this world. I’m immune to the hardships, corruption and decadence that ravage the lives of men. I live in the Word, and therefore, in victory and triumph always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

Philippians 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Matthew 17:27
Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

2 Corinthians 3:5
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency [is] of God;

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Matthew 8:1-27, Genesis 25-26

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Acts8:1-13, Esther 1-2

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:17am On Jan 11, 2018
*Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional * (JANUARY PDF = http:///2bIOgOt

He's Working In , and Through You

Thursday, January 11th .
Pastor Chris

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:19).

Our opening verse lets us know that it was God working in Christ to give sight to the blind, feed the hungry, clothe the naked, heal the sick, mend the broken hearted, deliver those who were oppressed of the devil and even raise the dead. Luke, in Acts 10:38 gives credence to this: “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”

The oppression came from the devil, but the Father anointed Jesus, who in turn, healed all who had been oppressed. It brings to mind the words of the Apostle Paul in Philippians 2:13: “For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.”

Paul wasn’t guessing; he understood the words of Jesus when He said in John 14:10, “…but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.” This is what the Holy Ghost does in us today; He’s at work in you, making you willing and causing you to do the Father’s will. He’s the one who makes you willing to serve God and helps you do His will. He’s alive in you. He talks through you and works in you.

He’s your ability. 2 Corinthians 3:5 (AMPC) says, “Not that we are fit (qualified and sufficient in ability) of ourselves to form personal judgments or to claim or count anything as coming from us, but our power and ability and sufficiency are from God.” Imagine if you’re conscious of this every day and allow this to work in your life; you’ll never complain anymore. Thoughts like, “I wish I could do this or that,” would be a thing of the past.

Stand up from within! Declare who you are in Christ, and His ability that’s at work in you. Affirm that He’s impacting the world through you, according to His power that works in you mightily. Declare that you can do all things through Christ that lives in, and strengthens you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for you’re the one who is active, alive, working in and through me, both to will and to do what pleases you. I’m strengthened by the Word and your Spirit, to daily express your goodness, love, kindness and righteousness to my world, thereby, fulfilling your purpose, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Ephesians 2:10 AMPC
For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), [a]recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].

Hebrews 10:7
Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 8:28-9:1-17, Genesis 27-28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 8:14-25, Esther 3-4

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:28am On Jan 12, 2018
You have the Victory - Friday, January 12th .

Pastor Chris

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world (John 16:33).

We’ve just read the words of Jesus; so powerful, encouraging, and comforting! He said, “…In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD .” What a consciousness. This was how Jesus lived, even though He was in a world plagued by gross darkness, economic hardships, sickness, oppression, deaths, disasters, etc., He was so detached from the problems and the corrupting influences of His day. He had a victor’s mindset; the kind He expects us to function with.

2 Timothy 3:12 says, “Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.” When challenges, persecutions, distressing situations, turbulent times, trials, and temptations come, be of good cheer; be unflustered, because you’ve already overcome them all. That’s how you’re supposed to think and live, because in Christ, you’ve overcome the world. 1 John 4:4 says, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.”

When you’re conscious of this, it’ll affect your prayer-language. It doesn’t matter what challenges I face, when I pray, I declare “In the Name of the Lord Jesus, I have overcome the world and its systems, its economics, hatred, poverty, corruption, depression, and falsehood.” That’s why nothing in the world can get my attention, because I’ve overcome the world in Christ.

This is true for every one of us; you’re not a victim but a victor. You’re in Christ, and His victory over the world was for you. Don’t pray to overcome; don’t try to overcome. Don’t fast to overcome. You’ve already overcome Satan, the world, and its systems: “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?” (1 John 5:4-5).

Prayer...
I’ve overcome the world and its systems; its troubles, predicaments, afflictions and temptations, because greater is He that’s in me, than he that’s in the world. I exercise my authority in Christ over all the power and schemes of the enemy, and I’m eternally triumphant, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Psalm 34:19
Many [are] the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

2 Timothy 3:12
Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Romans 8:35-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 9:18-38, Genesis 29-30

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 8:26-40, Esther 5-6

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:37am On Jan 13, 2018

Think and Talk Prosperity - Saturday, January 13th

Pastor Chris

Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments. His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed. Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever (Psalm 112:1-3).

There’re those who think financial prosperity isn’t for Christians, and they’re wrong. There’re three people we find in the Bible that God identified Himself with: Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and they were super wealthy. In Exodus 3:6, God said to Moses, “… I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob....” Read about these three individuals and you’ll be amazed at the extent of their prosperity.

Genesis 13:2 tells us that Abraham “…was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold.” The Bible says of his son Isaac, “And the man (Isaac) waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him” (Genesis 26:13-14). Jacob too had a similar testimony; the Bible says, “ And the man (Jacob) increased exceedingly, and had much cattle, and maidservants, and menservants, and camels, and asses” (Genesis 30:43).

God’s prosperity isn’t for a select few; it’s for all who follow, and live by, His Word. He said in 3 John 1:2, “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.” As a Christian, you’re an heir of God, and a joint-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17), which makes prosperity your birthright. All the wealth in this world belongs to you. This is how you ought to think. 1 Corinthians 3:21 says all things are yours; believe, think, and talk accordingly. Have the consciousness of sufficiency and superabundance.

If you’ve struggled all your life in lack, want and penury, what you need is a new orientation; a new mindset. Change your language, your consciousness, and your thinking, and your situation will change. Romans 12:2 says, “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind….” Think and talk prosperity until your whole mentality isn’t just overhauled, but supplanted by the possibilities of the prosperous life.

Confession...
As the seed of Abraham, and heir of the whole world, my prosperity is unlimited; all things are mine! I lay up gold as dust, and I walk in the realm of superabundance, wherein I’m graciously supplied with every good thing, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Isaiah 60:11
Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that [men] may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and [that] their kings [may be] brought.

Zechariah 1:17
Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.

2 Corinthians 9:8 AMPC
And God is able to make all grace (every favor and [a]earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need [b]be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation].

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Matthew 10:1-23, Genesis 31-33
2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Acts 9:1-9, Esther 7-8

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:56am On Jan 14, 2018
Always Respond To The Call To Give - Sunday, 14th January

Pastor Chris

Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver (2 Corinthians. 9:7).

One important blessing you should crave and desire to walk in is the grace of giving. Giving is a grace. When that grace is at work in your life, every opportunity to give becomes for you a celebration, especially knowing that God is always the last giver. No one can ever out-give Him. That’s why whenever He asks you to give or when there’s a call to give, you ought to respond swiftly. This is something
you must practise consciously.

Some unwisely hold on to that which they’re supposed to give to the Lord, not realizing that God only asks us to give so we can be launched into the next level of our prosperity in Him. Another reason you must always be prompt to give is that your financial seeds to God could sometimes serve as ransom for your life against evil. Proverbs 13:8 says, “The ransom of a man’s life are his riches....”

You need to realize that though Satan is a defeated foe, he’s a rebel, who continuously seeks to snare God’s people. Don’t give him a chance in your life. Sowing special seed-offerings is one sure way to obliterate every hindrance he places in your path.

Testimonies abound of people who were delivered in desperate or terminal situations after they gave a special seed-offering. That offering became the ransom for their lives! Many in the Bible experienced and wrought miraculous victories through their sacrificial giving.

Luke 6:38 says, “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.” The promise is to the giver. The Lord will multiply the seeds that you sow, and cause you to inherit greater substance as you give.

Moreover, your blessings on financial giving don’t necessarily have to be in money. There’re several other blessings that accrue to you as a giver, some of which are by far greater than immediate financial returns. So, each time you have the opportunity to give, be excited, because it means the Spirit of God is doing something in your life that’ll affect the course of your destiny.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, I thank you, for your grace to give is at work in my life. I give joyfully and bountifully always, without holding back, because I recognize that you’re my source; my prosperity comes from you. I thank you for increasing your grace and capacity in me to give and be a blessing, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
2 Corinthians 9:8 Psalm 20:1-3 Psalm 50:14-15
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:18pm On Jan 15, 2018

YOU’VE ESCAPED THE CORRUPTION IN THE WORLD

Monday, January 15th

Pastor Chris

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust (2 Peter 1:4).

Corruption in our opening verse, means depravity or destruction, when something has been reduced and devaluated, when something is no longer perfect as a result of the inclusion of something foreign or of a lesser value. It’s an adulteration; when something less qualitative has been mixed with a previously perfect material.

The world as we have it today has been corrupted; this isn’t the way God made it to be. It has become depraved, because there’s a law of destruction at work in the world, called the law of death. But the Apostle Paul, by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit says, “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death” (Romans 8:2). You live by the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus hence you’ve escaped the corruption that’s in the world.

Our theme scripture says, “…that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, HAVING ESCAPED THE CORRUPTION THAT IS IN THE WORLD THROUGH LUST.” The Spirit, through Peter, the Apostle, lets us know that the cause of corruption is lust. Lust is craving after something that’s forbidden. The Greek word is “epithumia.”

That was what Eve did in the Garden of Eden: “And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise…” (Genesis 3:6). It was pleasant to her; she liked it, but there was a law against it. God said, “don’t eat it!” Yet she fervently longed for that which was forbidden. The desire after something that’s forbidden is the lust that has introduced the law of depravity into the world.

But thanks be unto God! In Christ Jesus, you’ve escaped the corruption that’s in the world through lust. Whereas sickness, death, darkness, and depravity are rife in the world, health, life, light and righteousness work in you.

Refuse to desire or accept anything that seems to suggest you’re still in the corrupted state or that you’re in lack or still imperfect. Have the consciousness that all things that pertain to life and godliness have been granted you. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for my destiny in you. The law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. I’ve escaped the corruption, the depravity and the decadence in the world through lust. I’m perfected in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Enjoy your the fullness of the SUPERNATURAL, click for special material just for you: http:///2SVZM2Q

FURTHER STUDY:

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

John 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 11:1-30,
Genesis 36-37

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 9:21-31,
Job 1-2

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:07am On Jan 16, 2018
Newness of Life in Christ - Tuesday, January 16th .

Pastor Chris

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life (Romans 6:3-4).

Our theme scripture is quite outstanding. It begins by letting us know that we’ve been baptized into “Jesus Christ,” and not just “Christ.” The latter means being put in the body of Christ, but the former makes it so strong so that you can better understand when the Bible says, “For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones” (Ephesians 5:30). It doesn’t get any better than that.

You were baptized into Jesus Christ, meaning that you’re lost in Him, immersed in Him. You’ve become inseparably one with Him that you can’t be distinguished from Him: “But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit” (1 Corinthians 6:17).

Now, the second part that’s even more thrilling is the fact that we weren’t just baptised unto Him in His death, but were also raised up together with Him to a newness of life. The Bible says, “Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life” (Romans 6:4). The Apostle Paul talks about the death of Christ, but there was also the resurrection, which is the victory and the glory.

The resurrection of Jesus Christ made Christianity possible. Christianity didn’t begin with His death, for His death didn’t give us life; however, His resurrection ushered us into a newness of life. His death paid for our sins, but didn’t give us a new life. That’s why salvation isn’t the result of the confession or affirmation of His death, but of His resurrection: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved” (Romans 10:9).

There’s a newness of life in Christ; there’s a new consciousness, with the understanding that as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so, you also should walk in newness of life. That means, reckon yourself to have come out of spiritual death. You have a new life now; the old nature is dead; your past doesn’t exist; you’re a new creation in Christ Jesus; a superior creation! Hallelujah!

Prayer...
I know who I am; I’m not of this world. I’m a new creation; I’ve come out of death, and I’m perfected in Christ Jesus. Christ is alive in me—spirit, soul, and body—in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Romans 8:1-2
[There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

John 11:24-26
Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. 25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Matthew 12:1-21, Genesis 38-39

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Acts 9:32-43, Job 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:49am On Jan 17, 2018

The Darkness Has NOTHING in You - Wednesday, January 17th

Pastor Chris

Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the PRINCE OF THIS WORLD cometh, and hath nothing in me (John 14:30).

From the verse above, it’s obvious who “the prince of this world” is; it certainly couldn’t be Jesus or the Father. It’s Satan. The Bible says, “...now shall the prince of this world be cast out” (John 12:31). 2 Corinthians 4:4 calls him the “god of this world”: “In whom the GOD OF THIS WORLD hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”

Satan is the god of this world’s system, and that’s the reason the world is in a mess. And when the Bible says, “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him” (1 John 2:15), it’s addressing the world’s system, and all it stands for: the worldliness, for which Satan is the prince. You don’t belong in that world, and must therefore not play by its rules. Jesus said you’re not of this world (John 15:19).

You’re not of the darkness. You’ve been called out, plucked out of darkness into God’s marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9). Therefore, affirm that there’s nothing of darkness in you. Your affections, desires, and pleasures are set on high, on things above and not on things in the earth. Have no desire for anything of the world, because you’re complete in Christ.

When Jesus said, “…for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me,” (John 14:30), He was affirming His completeness in God, and detachment from Satan and anything of the world. That’s the way He wants you to think. You don’t require anything of this world, because you’re complete in Christ in whom dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily (Colossians 2:9-10). You’re full and replete with God. There’s no room in you for Satan and his evil works of darkness. Let this be your daily confession.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your precious Son, Jesus. As He is, so am I in this world. The prince of this world has nothing in me; I’m full of God, complete in Christ, and I have no desire for the world and its worldliness, because the love of the Father is in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Romans 8:10-11 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

1 Thessalonians 5:5
Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 12:22-50, Genesis 40-41

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 10:1-8, Job 5-6

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 1:14pm On Jan 18, 2018
Confidence In The Word - Thursday, January 18th .

Pastor Chris

Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise (Hebrews 10:35-36).

Your confidence in the Word must be unshakable. Practise the Word, even in the simplest matters of life. If, for example, things appear to be so tough that you aren’t even sure how your next meal is going to come, be unruffled. Make a confession of the Word. Remember the words of Jesus in Matthew 6:25: “Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on….”

Paul reechoed the same thing; he said, “Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God” (Philippians 4:6). Practise this. Anchor your confidence on the Word. Maybe you looked into your bank accounts and there’s no money; that shouldn’t make you condescend to speak poverty or lack. Refuse to beg. Rather, declare, “I’m the seed of Abraham; the whole world is mine. I’m sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency. I have wealth untold. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places, and I have a goodly heritage.”

Act your faith in the Word and you’ll always win. The Word of God concerning your success, your greatness, and prosperity has already been given; think, talk, and walk accordingly and you’d live above the systems of this world. Reign and prevail over circumstances with the Word of God on your lips. It doesn’t matter how deplorable the situation may be, you can bring forth the glory of God, just as God brought order to a chaotic earth by speaking forth words.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18 says, “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen….” Notice what it says will happen when you maintain focus on the Word, when your confidence is in the Word: that seeming impossible situation—that trouble or adversity—will produce for you a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. Blessed be God!

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the great assurance of faith, hope and love in your Word. Now, more than ever, I’m assured of victory, success and the glory-life, because your Word says so. My life is a daily manifestation of the supernatural, because you’ve made me an overcomer; winning is my lifestyle, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Isaiah 55:10-11
For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper [in the thing] whereto I sent it.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 13:1-23, Genesis 42-43

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 10:9-20, Job 7-8

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 269
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.