Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:40 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (248615 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:08pm On Oct 21, 2019
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL (DOWNLOAD THE NEW RHAPSODY APP => https:///2Z9P6P0)

PRINCIPLES, RELATIONSHIPS, AND ACTIONS .

Monday, October 21st .
Pastor Chris

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword… (Hebrews 4:12).

The human spirit is influenced by three important factors: principles, relationships and actions. These factors control your plans, your purposes, and your pursuits in life. What you’d be in life would depend on these three, one way or another.

Now, let’s examine each of them, starting with principles. A principle is a moral rule, belief or assumption that controls, influences or explains personal conduct or behaviour of a society. It explains how or why something works or happens the way it does.

People can have their own principles, which they created for themselves consciously or unconsciously as individuals. Sometimes, those principles could be from their families or society. For instance, some people don’t believe in God, because of certain ideas in their minds, principles they’ve imbibed that now run their lives. Whether or not they know it, those principles are going to decide their destinies.

The second factor is relationships. There’re different kinds of relationships: Biological, geographical, emotional, spiritual, etc. The family you come from, those who live around you—your association with them every day—has an influence on your life. This includes your relationship with your friends, those that make you happy or sad, your relationship with God or the devil, as the case may be. All these, whether or not you knew it before now, have already affected you either positively or negatively.

Lastly, your actions. Not many realize that their actions have consequences. You may do something today and think, “Well, I already did it; it’s over with; let’s move on.” But it’s not only about now; it’s about the impact that action may have on the rest of your life.

In all of these, employ the wisdom of God. Let the Word of God and the Holy Spirit shape your principles, inspire your relationships, and guide your actions. We read in our opening verse, the power and efficacy of God’s Word. It has the capacity to eliminate anything that’s inconsistent with God’s plan and purpose for your life, whether it’s a principle, relationship or action. Glory to God!

CONFESSION

As I meditate on the Word, it mingles with my spirit, producing in me the message that it carries. I’m constantly under the influence and dominion of the Word, and perpetually in the sway of the Holy Spirit. Thus, my spirit is energized for victory and success, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. ||

|| 2 Timothy 3:14-17 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned [them]; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 1 Timothy 3:1-16 & Jeremiah 9-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 6:61-71 & 2 Kings 7-8

FREE OCTOBER SPECIAL GIFT �=> https:///2HHaRNN

Act Now!!! Give someone the chance for a new start and fresh hope for tomorrow. Follow this link to Donate at least One Copy: http:///2IJLrfI

Be A Partner Of Rhapsody Of Realities Today!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:10am On Oct 22, 2019
REMAIN FOCUSED AND AFIRE FOR THE LORD

Tuesday, October 22nd
Pastor Chris

But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God (Acts 20:24).

Our opening verse above is as inspiring as it is instructive. It reveals the kind of mindset you must have in the face of adversities. 2 Timothy 3:12 says, “Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.”

When you’re effective in the things of God, there’re those who’ll surely criticize you and say demeaning things about you. However, you must remain undaunted. Refuse to allow their criticisms or malicious acts quench your zeal for the Lord and His work. Remain focused and afire for the Lord and keep doing what He’s called you to do.

You’re a city set on a hill that can’t be hidden (Matthew 5:14); that means you’re supposed to attract attention. While there’re those who’ll be inspired by your passion and commitment to the Lord, some may despise you for it; but it makes no difference. Just keep serving the Lord, and faint not.

The opinions of others about you don’t count; you should only be concerned about the Lord and His Word concerning you. He doesn’t want you bothered about the challenges that come your way. Rather, He says, “Consider it wholly joyful, my brethren, whenever you are enveloped in or encounter trials of any sort or fall into various temptations” (James 1:2 AMPC).

Like the Apostles in the early Church, relish every opportunity to be criticized or persecuted for your commitment to Jesus Christ. It’s an indication that you’re effective and making remarkable progress in the direction of His calling for your life. The Bible tells us that after the apostles were beaten and threatened, they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for Jesus’ sake (Acts 5:40-41).

Even the Lord Jesus was criticized by the Scribes, Pharisees and Sadducees, but He was unmoved. As you diligently serve the Lord, Satan will stir up trouble against you, but like the Apostle Paul, declare, “None of these things move me,” and keep pressing on from glory to glory. Amen.

PRAYER
Blessed Father, you’re everything to me; knowing you more and serving you with my life is all that my heart beats for. Thus, it makes no difference what adversities may come my way, I’m unruffled, knowing that in you I have victory. I’m more than a conqueror, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Isaiah 50:7 TLB; Acts 20:18-24

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 1 Timothy 4:1-16 & Jeremiah 11-12

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: John 7:1-10 & 2 Kings 9

EXCERPT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:46am On Oct 23, 2019
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

||� YOU'RE OF A DIFFERENT BREED |�|

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? (2 Corinthians 6:14).

Wednesday, 23rd October.
Pastor Chris

In the verse above, the Apostle Paul used an interesting analogy to distinguish our relationship with unbelievers. He said, “Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers….”

When you have a situation, for example, where two cows are yoked to pull a plough, that’s an “equal” yoking. However, a situation where a cow and a horse are yoked is an “unequal” yoking. One will likely be dragged along and impede the progress of the other. This is what Paul tries to explain.

As a Christian, someone who isn’t born again shouldn’t be your strongest ally or most dependable confidant; that’s a wrong association; an unequal yoking. “...what fellowship hath righteousness with
unrighteousness” (2 Corinthians 6:14)? The Christian is called righteousness, while the non-Christian is called “unrighteousness.” To further make the difference clearer, the non-Christian is called darkness, while the Christian is called light.

If you think that isn’t strong and differentiating enough, read the 15th verse; the non-Christian is called “Belial,” which represents the devil, while the Church, of which you’re a part, is called Christ. Glory to God!

Aren’t you just glad you’re born again? You’re different from the rest of the world. You see with the eyes of God. You think the thoughts of God. You’ve gone past the carnal level of life. You’re God’s man; the
bearer of His righteousness, glory and grace. You’re of a different breed;
the divine breed.

Therefore, as the Bible says, “…come out from among them, and be ye separate…” (2 Corinthians 6:17). You’ve been sanctified by the Spirit; separated to God for His divine use; holy and undefiled.

This is why we preach the Gospel and pray for non-Christians around the world. It’s so they would be converted and translated into the same glorious life we have in Christ. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you for choosing me before the foundation of the world, to be holy and without blame before you in love, according to the good pleasure of your will. You’ve made me the light of the world; therefore, I shine ever so brightly. Not only are men drawn to the radiance of your righteousness in me, they’re turned from darkness to light, and to the liberty of the sons of God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
|| 2 Corinthians 6:17-18 || Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

|| 1 Peter 2:9-10 || But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 10 Which in time past [were] not a people, but [are] now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

|| 1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN ||
1 Timothy 5:1-25
Jeremiah 13-14

|| 2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN ||
John 7:11-19
2 Kings 10

|| Thank You For Studying And Sharing With Other People. God Bless You ||
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:22am On Oct 24, 2019
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL (DOWNLOAD THE NEW RHAPSODY APP => https:///2Z9P6P0)

YOUR FOUNDATION FOR A GREAT LIFE .

Thursday, October 24th .
Pastor Chris

The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows) (John 10:10 AMPC).

The struggles and stress that some Christians go through are unnecessary. Ponder on our opening scripture again; Jesus said He came so that you may have and enjoy life. What a consolation this is!

It means you can have a great day, every day, irrespective of the work you do and what the situation may be. It’s a choice you have to make. Moreover, there has to be a deep and intimate passion in you to know and understand God’s Word.

You’re not going to have a great life by you merely saying, “Okay, I’ve decided I’m going to live a good life,” no. This isn’t about positive-thinking; it’s about the Word of God; your response to, and use of the Word in the simple matters of life. The Word has to be your basis or foundation for a great life; otherwise, it won’t happen.

Jesus gave the parable of the man that built his house on sand, and the one that built his house on the rock. The house built on sand couldn’t stand the harsh pressures of life; it came to ruin. But the house built on the rock was impregnable to the crises of life (Matthew 7:24-27).

The foundation of your life must be solid; be sure that it’s the Word of God. You couldn’t wish to be a medical doctor, and not study for it in a medical school; you’ll never be a doctor. Likewise, you must study, and understand the principles of life as revealed in God’s Word, to be a success.

The Bible says, “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby” (1 Peter 2:2). That’s where it starts: growing by the Word. From there, you go on to maturity: “Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God” (Hebrews 6:1 NIV). Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the great life of righteousness, health, wealth, prosperity and success that I have in Christ. My life is built by the Word, and on the Word; therefore, I’m forever victorious, and the Holy Spirit gives me the advantage in all things, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. ||

|| 2 Timothy 3:14-17 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned [them]; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. ||

|| Matthew 7:24-27 NIV "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash." ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 1 Timothy 6:1-21 & Jeremiah 15-16

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 7:20-31 & 2 Kings 11-12

Act Now!!! Give someone the chance for a new start and fresh hope for tomorrow. Follow this link to Donate at least One Copy: http:///2IJLrfI

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:08pm On Oct 25, 2019

INDEPENDENT OF EXTERNAL FORCES .

Friday, October 25th .
Pastor Chris

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content (Philippians 4:11).

The Greek rendering of the word “content” in our theme scripture is “Autarkes,” from where the English word, “Autarchy” is derived. Autarchy is the policy of economic independence on external forces; to be self-sufficient. In 2 Corinthians 9:8 (AMPC), we see that it’s God’s will for us to walk in this level of self-sufficiency. It says, “And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation].”

This is easy to accept, believe and understand, when you truly know who the Christian is: he’s one in whom Christ dwells, and Christ is everything. When you have Christ, you’re full; you’ve arrived; you have it all. But not many have come to this understanding.

I came across the foregoing verse as a teenager, and made up my mind to have it actuated in my life. I chose to walk in the light of it, and it’s been my life ever since. Make up your mind to live in blessings and abundance, because it’s the life God has given to you in Christ.

Refuse to allow the circumstances of life dictate your response. Live by God’s Word. Be absolutely independent of circumstances, such that no matter what happens, you’re always on top. You’ve become an oasis of love in a troubled world. There could be chaos everywhere, but you’re unruffled; only making progress, and moving forward. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you, for you’ve granted me all things that pertain to life and godliness; I don’t lack anything good, because the world belongs to me. I’m steadfast and unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord. I’m strengthened by the Holy Spirit in my inner man, and I win all the time, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ||

|| 1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 3:21-22 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; 22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 2 Timothy 1:1-18 & Jeremiah 17-18

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 7:32-44 & 2 Kings 13-14

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:07am On Oct 27, 2019
*RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL*

*||� CONFESSION OF HIS LORDSHIP |�|*

*For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).*

Sunday, 27th October.
Pastor Chris

Ask some people, “How do you know you’re saved?” They’d say, “I confessed my sins”; but that’s not the Bible way to receive salvation. The principle for salvation isn’t the confession of your sins, but of the Lordship of Jesus Christ over your life. Nowhere in Scriptures is it stated that if you confess all your sins, you’ll be saved. How is that even possible, remembering all the sins you ever committed, and confessing them?

What you need is a new creation and that’s what you become upon confessing with your mouth, the Lordship of Jesus, believing in your heart that God raised Him from the dead. Romans 10:9-10 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine
heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” This is what ushers you into the new life in Christ.

One of the most remarkable salvation stories is that of Saul of Tarsus in Acts 9. Before his conversion, Saul wreaked havoc on the early Church and persecuted Christians everywhere, until he had an encounter with the Lord. In 1 Timothy 1:13, he referenced his atrocious treatment of
Christians before his conversion, calling himself a blasphemer, a persecutor and injurious. This same apostle, who later became Paul, gave us the principle for salvation in Romans 10:9-10.

The Ethiopian eunuch who was led to salvation by Philip in Acts 8:35-39 wasn’t made to confess his sins, but to confess his faith in Jesus Christ. Therefore, we must help people understand that the affirmation of the Lordship of Jesus Christ is the Bible way to receive salvation.

Perhaps, you’re reading this and you’ve never been born again, turn to the Prayer of Salvation page at the back of this devotional and pray that prayer, meaning it with all your heart.

*PRAYER*

*Dear Father, I thank you for granting me the grace to receive and believe the Gospel of Christ, which is your power to save everyone who believes. I’m a partaker, and participator in the divine experience; your partner in bringing the unsaved into this glorious life of righteousness! Thank you for this great blessing and privilege, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.*

*FURTHER STUDY*
*|| 1 Corinthians 1:18 ||* For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

*|| Romans 1:16-17 ||* For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

*|| Romans 10:13 ||* For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

*|| 1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN ||*
2 Timothy 3:1-17
Jeremiah 23-25

*|| 2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN ||*
John 8:1-11
2 Kings 17-18

*|| Thank You For Studying And Sharing With Other People. God Bless You ||*
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:20am On Oct 28, 2019
[20:36, 10/27/2019] Bolanle Otunla: RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL (DOWNLOAD THE NEW RHAPSODY APP => https:///2Z9P6P0)

EFFULGENCE OF HIS GLORY .

Monday, October 28th .
Pastor Chris

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17).

Jesus Christ is the effulgence of the Father’s glory; the express image of His Person (Hebrews 1:3). And that’s exactly what He’s made us; we’re the effulgence of His glory, for as He is—the glory of the Father—so are we in this world (1 John 4:17).

Jesus said, “And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one” (John 17:22). This is extraordinary. If only you’d live with this consciousness every day! 2 Corinthians 3:18 explains it some more: “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”

A mirror reflects whatever is set before it and the Word of God is a mirror. The image of you that it reflects is called “the glory of God.” What we read in John 17:22 is God holding up His mirror for you to see that you’re a partaker of His glory.

When Jesus walked the earth, He walked gloriously. He lived and manifested the glory of God. He walked on water, talked to the wind and the waves, unstopped deaf ears, opened blind eyes, healed lame legs, restored maimed limbs, and even raised the dead. We have the same ability within us to function likewise, because the same Holy Spirit that was the power and essence of Jesus lives in us today.

This has effectively removed you from the class of ordinary men; you’re an associate of the God-kind. God chose you to be the one to show forth His praises and manifest His glory in the earth: “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light” (1 Peter 2:9).

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for your glory in my life. I affirm that my life is the manifestation of your wisdom and grace, and your righteousness is revealed and evident in me. You’ve made me a light in a dark world, and my light shines everywhere. I impact my world with your righteousness, wisdom, and love, today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 Peter 2:9 AMPC But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own [a]purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. ||

|| Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 2 Timothy 4:1-22 & Jeremiah 26-28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 8:12-21 & 2 Kings 19-20

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:12am On Nov 03, 2019
*Rhapsody Of Realities*

*GOD’S PRINCIPLE FOR PROTECTION*

*DOWNLOAD THE NEW RHAPSODY OF REALITIES APP USING THE LINK BELOW:*
https:///2cuJG6M

Sunday, November 3rd.
Pastor Chris

*He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty (Psalm 91:1).*

When Jesus was born, the Bible tells us that King Herod staged a manhunt for the young child, to kill Him. But an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and commanded him to take the child and His mother, and flee to Egypt (Matthew 2:13-14).

Joseph did as he was instructed; but think for a moment: we’re not talking about just any child; we’re talking about Jesus, the Saviour. “Shouldn’t He be protected by all angels? Why flee with Him to Egypt?” you might ask. First, understand that there was no deception whatsoever in the angel's instruction to Joseph; there was a real threat to Jesus’ life, and Herod actually could have killed the young child if Joseph hadn't followed that instruction.

Also, notice the angel of the Lord didn’t say, “…Flee to Syria.” The instruction was clear: “…flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word...” (Matthew 2:13-14). If Joseph had gone to Syria, he would have encountered another trouble. It’s important that we are where God wants us. His protection isn’t everywhere; His protection is in His instruction to you.

There’s a similar example in Exodus 12. As a result of Pharaoh's persistent defiance and hardheartedness to let God’s people go, the death angel was assigned to wreak havoc in Egypt. However, the Lord instructed each household of the children of Israel to kill a lamb and mark their doorposts and lintels with the blood of the slain animal. But they were to stay indoors!

The houses of the Egyptians weren't marked, and the death angel, in a swoop, struck every firstborn in the land of Egypt, whether man or beast. But you see, there were other strangers in Egypt who weren't Jews, who knew about this and marked their houses, and just like the children of Israel, they too were protected. We know this to be so, because the Bible says when Israel went out of Egypt, “…a mixed multitude went up also with them...” (Exodus 12:38). They escaped that havoc because they obeyed God’s principles for protection. Some people feel they can do whatever they want, and choose whatever way they want to go, and then think God is supposed to see to it that they’re shielded and protected from evil. It’s not so!

God gives instructions and directions; you’re divinely protected in following those instructions and guidance that He’s given you. You’re shielded from all the attacks and evil that destroy others, when you stay in His Word. He’s the boss; when He tells you what to do and where to go, comply. When you align yourself with His perfect will, you’ll permanently dwell in safety. Hallelujah!

*CONFESSION*

*I dwell in Christ; therefore, I’m forever in safety, shielded from all the attacks and evil that destroy others. No weapon formed against me shall prosper, because the Word of God is my life; in Christ, I live, and move, and have my being. Hallelujah!*

*FURTHER STUDY:*

*|| Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue [that] shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This [is] the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness [is] of me, saith the LORD. ||*

*|| Psalms 91:1-12 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, [He is] my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, [and] from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth [shall be thy] shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; [nor] for the arrow [that] flieth by day; [Nor] for the pestilence [that] walketh in darkness; [nor] for the destruction [that] wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; [but] it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. Because thou hast made the LORD, [which is] my refuge, [even] the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in [their] hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. ||*

*1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:*
Hebrews 3
Jeremiah 38-40

*2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:*
John 9:18-27
1 Chronicles 3.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:44am On Nov 04, 2019

NO HOLIDAYS FROM SOUL WINNING .

Monday, November 4th .
Pastor Chris

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine (2 Timothy 4:2).

There’re different holidays people enjoy within a calendar year, but when it comes to soul winning, there’re no holidays. Satan isn’t on holiday in destroying men’s lives; he’s hell-bent and more vicious than ever in his quest to stop men from hearing the truth of the glorious Gospel. But our passion for their salvation is greater and stronger.

Utilise every opportunity at your disposal to win souls and bring sinners to Christ. Make every moment count; maximise the time as God’s ordained agent of salvation, to turn sinners from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God! Remember, this glorious Gospel of the blessed God has been committed to your trust (1 Timothy 1:11). So, we must preach it with the urgency and passion that it deserves. Just to think that we’re the custodian of His message of salvation is simply sublime; something that even the angels wonder at. But it’s our calling.

It shows how much God trusts us, because the value of trust is in the responsibility that’s committed to you. He trusted us with the most important news and message in all the world, for every generation: the Gospel of Jesus Christ. What a blessing!

Let the fire of the Gospel burn passionately in your heart every day. Make up your mind that no matter the cost, you’re going to be at the fore of propagating this message and haul lost souls into the Kingdom.

His message that we bear is potent, filled with divine energy to save and transform men’s lives. Therefore, preach it day in, day out: “Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching” (2 Timothy 4:2 ESV).

PRAYER

I’m strengthened, energised and emboldened to preach the Gospel, and I’m doing it fervently, hauling men from darkness into the kingdom of light, and the glorious liberty of the sons of God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Romans 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. ||

|| Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Hebrews 4:1-13 & Jeremiah 41-43

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 9:28-41 & 1 Chronicles 4

FREE NOVEMBER SPECIAL GIFT �=> https:///2HHaRNN

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:23am On Nov 05, 2019

A CAUSE WORTH MORE THAN LIFE .

Tuesday, November 5th .
Pastor Chris

But none of these things move me, NEITHER COUNT I MY LIFE DEAR UNTO MYSELF, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God (Acts 20:24).

The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation (Romans 1:16). The Scriptures declare that there’s no other way. Be resolute about this. There are many groups who stake their lives to promote their cause. Many of us don’t believe in their cause, but they stake their lives on a cause that we know isn’t right. But our cause is right; how much then is it worth?

In my early teenage years, I made up my mind that since my cause was right, I was going to go all out for it. I made a decision that nothing on earth was strong enough to stop me; no offers on earth would distract me from the Gospel. It was a cause worth more than life, and it didn’t matter to me what became of me for preaching it.

Back then, I’d pray, “Lord, if I have to walk through the valleys, and the hills, and the mountains of this world, never having a place to stay, I don’t care; this Gospel is worth everything.” It made no difference if I had to preach to the poorest of the poor and live among them so as to bring them to the light of the Gospel; I was ready!

The stakes have never been higher than they are today. Therefore, in your commitment to the Gospel, be like Paul; read again his inspiring resolve in our opening verse. You’re the one that God is trusting with everything to save men’s lives; to save them from hell, and carry the bloodstained banner of Jesus Christ around the world. This is the only way.

The Bible shows that there’s no other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12). If this is true, and thank God it is, then there’s too much at stake. Everything about our lives, everything we say and do, should be filled with passion for Christ and His eternal message of salvation for mankind.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for counting me faithful, committing to me the ministry of reconciliation. I’m unwavering in my commitment to the Gospel, impacting men with the power of God’s righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Acts 20:20-24 [And] how I kept back nothing that was profitable [unto you], but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house, 21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. 22 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there: 23 Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me. 24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 9:16-17 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! 17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation [of the gospel] is committed unto me. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Hebrews 4:14-5:1-10 & Jeremiah 44-47

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 10:1-10 & 1 Chronicles 5

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:24am On Nov 06, 2019

YOU RADIATE HIS BEAUTY .

Wednesday, November 6th .
Pastor Chris

Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God hath shined (Psalm 50:2).

In these prophetic words, Zion refers to the Church, for it is God’s dwelling place. It’s revealed in God’s Word as the perfection of beauty, from where God shines forth. But King James Version and a few other translations didn’t quite render the scripture above correctly. In the original Hebrew, the latter part of the scripture gives a connotation of continuity. It’s rendered thus, “Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines forth”; His glory goes forth.

In Psalm 90:17, we see the passionate cry of Moses, the man of God, as he prays: “…LET THE BEAUTY OF THE LORD OUR GOD BE UPON US: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us….” What a prayer! He was talking about that divine aura on you as a child of God that produces excellence; a special beauty.

But thanks be unto God! That prayer has been answered in us. We’re His crowning beauty (James 1:18). There’s something about your life; you carry the glory of God everywhere you go, and that beauty brings pleasantness, favours, promotion and increase to your life.

Always be mindful that you’re dressed with the ornament of God’s beauty; drenched in the rains of the Spirit. He sent the prophet Isaiah to tell the children of Israel He’d give them beauty for ashes (Isaiah 61:3); ornaments of beauty.

Instead of allowing circumstances cause you to question the presence of God in your life, learn to see God’s beauty. Thank Him for your beautiful life. Never allow circumstances change who you really are. You’re God’s beauty, His icon, His express image, and the outshining of His glory. You radiate His splendour. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION

I’m the manifestation of God’s glory, His icon, express image, and the out shining of His splendour! I exude the excellence and perfections of divinity, and my life is the testimony of God’s wisdom and grace. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY: || Psalm 50:2 AMPC Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines forth. ||

|| Hebrews 1:3 AMPC He is the sole expression of the glory of God [the Light-being, the [c]out-raying or radiance of the divine], and He is the perfect imprint and very image of [God’s] nature, upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty word of power. When He had by offering Himself accomplished our cleansing of sins and riddance of guilt, He sat down at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high, ||

|| Ephesians 2:10 AMPC For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), [a]recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Hebrews 5:11-6:1-20 & Jeremiah 48-49

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 10:11-21 & 1 Chronicles 6

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:37am On Nov 07, 2019

HE’S YOUR EVERLASTING FATHER .

Thursday, November 7th .
Pastor Chris

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, THE EVERLASTING FATHER, The Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6).

The expression, “The everlasting Father” is often interpreted by many to mean “Father of eternity”; but that’s not what it means. Let’s review it in a way that’s easy to understand: imagine a young man whose father was a strong, powerful man. The young man depended much on him. Then his father died.

Now, following the vacuum and subsequent difficulties his father’s demise created, he laments, “If my dad were here, I know things would have been different; perhaps I won’t be going through all these. I know he’d have helped me, and counselled me; he’d have been there for me!”

Now, here’s what that young man needs to know: His father may be dead, but there’s One who’s always there; He’s your everlasting Father! You’re not going to miss Him, ever, because He’s alive and always with, and in, you by the Holy Spirit. His Name is Jesus!

You may say, “Life has been so difficult for me since I lost both parents and became an orphan”; don’t despair. Read the words of Jesus; He said, “I will not leave you as orphans [comfortless, desolate, bereaved, forlorn, helpless]…” (John 14:18 AMPC). You’re not fatherless; the Holy Spirit is the Father in you, and He’s your helper. He’s everything, and all the help you need in life.

Jesus said, “…the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works” (John 14:10). Like Jesus, you go everywhere with your Heavenly Father; He lives in you. This should be your consciousness always. You’re not alone; you’re in the Father, and the Father—your everlasting Father—is in you. Praise God!

PRAYER

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for the assurance I have that you’re forever with me, and in me. I walk in the light and blessings of your indwelling and abiding presence, knowing that I’m mightily helped of you in all things, and energised for success, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Genesis 28:15 And, behold, I [am] with thee, and will keep thee in all [places] whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done [that] which I have spoken to thee of. ||

|| Hebrews 13:5 [Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. ||

|| Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Hebrews 7 & Jeremiah 50-51

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 10:22-32 & 1 Chronicles 7

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:50pm On Nov 11, 2019
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

MONDAY 11

DAILY BLESSINGS IN HIS NAME

Pastor Chris

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover (Mark 16:17-18).

If you’d learn to use the Name of Jesus in your life, in everything you do, you’d be amazed at the victories and extraordinary blessings you’d experience every day. His Name is an instrument, a great blessing for us in the New Testament. The Word tells us to use the Name of Jesus in all things. Colossians 3:17 says, “And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.” You couldn’t fail or lose in His Name! His Name is the key that unlocks every door!

What many have lacked is the consciousness of the power and authority of His Name. But thanks be unto God! The Church is marching on; knowledge is increasing, and many more are discovering who they are in Christ, and their place of glory and dominion in His Name.

Philippians 2:9-11 tells us that God gave Jesus the Name that’s above every name. He vested all authority in His Name and passed it into law in heaven, in earth and under the earth. Therefore, when you make demands in His Name, He sees to it that it happens (John 14:14).

When someone is sick in your home, don’t run helter-skelter, looking for help; take charge and declare, “In the Name of Jesus Christ, I rebuke the pain; I rebuke the affliction!” Mention the sickness and command it to go! He told us to heal the sick; so, it’s our responsibility to do it in His Name; and His Name never fails!

Even now, rebuke the infirmity. Declare that every storm is stilled in your home, office, school, or environment. Affirm that you’re in abundance and the lines are fallen unto you in pleasant places. Use His Name to effect the changes you desire, and create blessings for yourself and others.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for the power of attorney to use the greatest gift of all times—the Name of Jesus. Everything that exists in this world and beyond is subject to that Name; I change situations and establish your will in my world by that Name. I live victoriously and dominate life’s situations and circumstances, in the Name of Jesus! Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Philippians 2:9-11; John 16:23-24; Colossians 3:17 AMPC

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Hebrews 10:1-18 & Ezekiel 1-2

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: John 11:24-34 & 1 Chronicles 11

EXCERPT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:24pm On Nov 13, 2019

FOLLOW THE DIVINE PLAN .

Wednesday, November 13th .
Pastor Chris

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24).

In all things, it’s important to know God’s will and be sure you’re serving Him the way He wants, and not according to your own opinions or the ideas of men. He wants us to serve and worship Him according to His plans and purposes in His Word.

Recall the story of Cain and Abel. Abel brought to God the sacrifice that God demanded, while Cain brought the sacrifice he chose to give to God (Genesis 4:3-7); these are two different things.

In walking with God, you must follow His prescribed order. He said to Moses, “…make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them. According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle…” (Exodus 25:8-9). It always has to be according to His plan. Jesus said, “God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth” (John 4:24).

It’s clear how you’re to worship God: it’s by the Spirit and in accordance with His Word. To do it any other way would be to deviate from His plan. It’s like what happened when David needed to move the ark of God into the city of David. He got a new cart, and two men, Uzzah and Ahio rode in the cart together with the ark (2 Samuel 6:3).

As they journeyed, suddenly, the oxen pulling the cart stumbled and the cart shook. Uzzah tried to stop the ark from tipping over and when he did, he died instantly. David was terrified by what happened and in his quest for answers, he found out in the Scriptures that only the priests were qualified to carry or touch the ark of God in the Old Testament (1 Chronicles 15:2).

David realized the error and enlightened the people, saying to the priests, “For because ye did it not at the first, the LORD our God made a breach upon us, for that we sought him not after the due order” (1 Chronicles 15:13).

God’s things are to be done God’s way; follow His plans and you’ll experience His grace and blessings in your life and ministry.

PRAYER

Dear Father, there’s none like you; from generation to generation, you’re God. I worship and adore you today, for your love, grace, mercy, and kindness. Thank you for the ministry of the Holy Spirit in my life. Thank you, for the written Word given to me, to inform, enlighten, teach, and to instruct me in righteousness. I honour you, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ and will walk in your prescribed order and purpose. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Psalm 29:2 Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness. ||

|| Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. ||

|| 1 Chronicles 15:13-15 NIV It was because you, the Levites, did not bring it up the first time that the LORD our God broke out in anger against us. We did not inquire of him about how to do it in the prescribed way." 14 So the priests and Levites consecrated themselves in order to bring up the ark of the LORD, the God of Israel. 15 And the Levites carried the ark of God with the poles on their shoulders, as Moses had commanded in accordance with the word of the LORD. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Hebrews 11:1-16 & Ezekiel 5-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 11:47-57 & 1 Chronicles 13

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:39am On Nov 14, 2019

IT’S A FORMAT; NOT A PRAYER .

Thursday, November 14th .
Pastor Chris

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name (Matthew 6:9).

When Jesus walked the earth, He prayed on several occasions, and His prayers are recorded for us in the Scriptures. His disciples observed that He always had results when He prayed; and so, they said to Him, “…Lord, teach us to pray…” (Luke 11:1).

Thus, He gave them a format for prayer. He said, “After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name” (Matthew 6:9). Many Christians have misconstrued this to be “The Lord’s Prayer.” They insist it’s the prayer Jesus asked us to pray, and that we must pray so.

They further base their argument on Luke’s writing in Luke 11:2, which reads, “And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven….” What they fail to realize, however, is that the Greek word for “say” in the foregoing verse is “lego.” It doesn’t mean “to say something”; rather, it means to ‘systematically lay forth.’ Jesus laid forth a format or pattern for prayer for His disciples. He didn’t say we should quote or recite those words in prayer, which is what many do today.

The real Lord’s Prayer is in John 17; read the entire chapter and you’ll be so inspired. Moreover, this model for prayer that He gave His disciples was before He went to the Cross. He taught them to pray in expectation of the Kingdom of God. At that time, He hadn’t died for the whole world, and the world was still being dominated by another kingdom, which is the kingdom of darkness.

However, being born again, we’ve been delivered from the kingdom of darkness and translated into the Kingdom of God’s dear Son (Colossians 1:12-13). In this kingdom, we have our needs supplied according to His riches in glory. So, today, it doesn’t quite make spiritual sense to recite the words in Luke 11:2-4; it’s not a New Testament prayer. In the New Testament, prayer is based on our new relationship with the Father; a divine fellowship. This is what Jesus made possible. Now we pray through the Spirit and worship in the Spirit. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the enlightenment of the Scriptures; I’m informed with accurate and precise knowledge of the Word, which enables me to pray the right way. I declare that the nations of the world are coming to the knowledge of the glorious Gospel of Christ, delivering men from the power of darkness into their glorious inheritance in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Luke 18:1 And he spake a parable unto them [to this end], that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; ||

|| John 16:26-27 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: 27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Hebrews 11:17-40 & Ezekiel 8-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 12:1-11 & 1 Chronicles 14

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:10pm On Nov 16, 2019

GIVE NO FOOTHOLD TO SATAN .

Saturday, November 16th .
Pastor Chris

Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me (John 14:30).

The Bible teaches that demon spirits are real, and they can influence, torment and even possess anyone who gives them the chance. That’s the reason you must not give the devil room or opportunity in your life (Ephesians 4:27), and the way to ensure that is living in the light of God’s Word.

It doesn’t matter that you’re a church member, a pastor or senior minister; there’re no “no-go” areas for demons. They only bow to God’s Word. If the Word isn’t in you, that’s a slippery slope. God’s Word is light, and light repels darkness. The Bible admonishes that we walk in the light, as He is in the light. When you walk in the light of Christ, Satan has nothing in you. In our theme verse, Jesus said, “…the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.” It’s important that you check your life—you look into the mirror of God (His Word)—to examine yourself.

Anger, malice, bitterness, etc., are all from Satan, and if you have them in you, you’re giving him a foothold in your life: “When angry, do not sin; do not ever let your wrath (your exasperation, your fury or indignation) last until the sun goes down. Leave no [such] room or foothold for the devil [give no opportunity to him]” (Ephesians 4:26-27 AMPC).

Anger is a spirit; bitterness is a spirit; hatred is a spirit. These aren’t just emotions. Just as every part of God has His personality, every part of Satan has his personality. So, refuse to accommodate anything from the devil; rather, walk in the love of Christ; be gracious and kind. Yield your faculties—your entire being—to the Word, and to the Holy Spirit for the glory of God and life of righteousness to be seen and revealed in you.

CONFESSION

I have the light of life; there’s nothing of darkness in my life! I’m full of joy, peace, love, kindness and continually filled with the Spirit, as I walk in the light of Christ! Blessed be God!

FURTHER STUDY: || Ephesians 4:25-27 NIV Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 26 "In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold. ||

|| James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. ||

|| Galatians 5:16 [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Hebrews 12:14-29 & Ezekiel 13-15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 12:20-29 & 1 Chronicles 16

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:25am On Nov 17, 2019

PREACHING THE WORD .

Sunday, November 17th .
Pastor Chris

And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen (Mark 16:20).

Always, we tell people to preach the Word, because it’s an instruction from the Master. The Apostles preached the Word; Jesus Himself preached the Word. We’re mandated to preach the Word. However, that someone is preaching or talking about God doesn’t mean he’s preaching the Word. So, what is the Word?

The Word is that message from God that reveals or communicates His works, will, thoughts, plans, purposes and pursuit; to bring men into or promote fellowship with Him in love. It’s His message of truth with content and power to build His image into the life of the hearers. Its content is the embodiment of Christ’s revelations, provisions, perfections and instructions—profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction or training in righteousness.

This is what Jesus preached. He didn’t preach politics or His own opinion; He preached the Word. If the Word Himself would preach the Word, how much more should you and I? Being born again, you’re a minister of the Gospel; you’re called to voice God’s message; the Word is His message that reveals His works, will, purpose and character.

A true preacher of the Word is one who preaches God’s will, God’s thoughts, God’s plans, purposes and pursuits, and constantly brings men into fellowship with God or promote their fellowship with God. The more they listen to you, the more the image of Christ is revealed in them and to them. Glory to God! Be a true preacher of the Word.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for making me the expression of your Word, unveiling your goodness and excellence to the world through the Gospel. As I boldly proclaim your Gospel of truth, righteousness, life and immortality are unveiled; many are brought into fellowship with you, and their inheritance in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Acts 8:25 And they, when they had testified and preached the word of the Lord, returned to Jerusalem, and preached the gospel in many villages of the Samaritans. ||

|| Acts 13:5 And when they were at Salamis, they preached the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews: and they had also John to [their] minister. ||

|| Acts 14:25 And when they had preached the word in Perga, they went down into Attalia: ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Hebrews 13 & Ezekiel 16

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 12:30-41 & 1 Chronicles 17

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2019

CHRIST-INSPIRED WORLD VIEW .

Monday, November 18th .
Pastor Chris

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ (Colossians 2:cool.

Just as we all have different mindsets, we all also have different world views. A world view is a comprehensive conception or apprehension of the world, especially from a specific standpoint. So, when we talk about your world view, it refers to your own appreciation, conceptualisation or apprehension of the world.

However, what’s more important is the origin of your world view. For a lot of people, their world view is formed by what they read or hear in the news media. They’ve never done a study in the Bible to know why certain things are happening in the world today, what the future holds, and what their stand should be.

For example, some Christians come up with political ideologies and inclinations that are not Word-based. There’s nothing wrong with having political inclinations as a Christian, but they must be of spiritual influence or origin. Many think the Bible has nothing to say about politics, but they’re wrong.

God gave us His Word to show us what our political inclinations should be, what views we should hold. His Word is given to guide us, to give us understanding and point us in the right direction in all things.

Live and see from God’s perspective only. His Word is light; the light in which you must live. That way, irrespective of the decadence in this present world, you’ll live in continuous victory and prosperity, and joy, because you’re living from the mountain top. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you for granting me the right perspective of the world, its systems, ideas and ideals, and inclinations. Your Word is my light, and that’s the light in which I live. I live and see all things from the mountain top; I live in divine health, supernatural abundance, and in continuous victory and prosperity, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Romans 1:21-22 AMPC Because when they knew and recognized Him as God, they did not honor and glorify Him as God or give Him thanks. But instead they became futile and [a]godless in their thinking [with vain imaginings, foolish reasoning, and stupid speculations] and their senseless minds were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves]. ||

|| Romans 16:17 AMPC I appeal to you, brethren, to be on your guard concerning those who create dissensions and difficulties and cause divisions, in opposition to the doctrine (the teaching) which you have been taught. [I warn you to turn aside from them, to] avoid them. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 3:18-20 AMPC Let no person deceive himself. If anyone among you supposes that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool [let him discard his worldly discernment and recognize himself as dull, stupid, and foolish, without true learning and scholarship], that he may become [really] wise. 19 For this world’s wisdom is foolishness (absurdity and stupidity) with God, for it is written, He lays hold of the wise in their [own] craftiness; 20 And again, The Lord knows the thoughts and reasonings of the [humanly] wise and recognizes how futile they are. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> James 1 & Ezekiel 17-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 12:42-50 & 1 Chronicles 18

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:26am On Nov 19, 2019

TWENTY-FOUR HOUR PROTECTION .

Tuesday, November 19th .
Pastor Chris

Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King. GOD IS KNOWN IN HER PALACES FOR A REFUGE (Psalm 48:2-3).

The scripture above is a popular song among Christians. The underlined portion says, “God is known in her palaces for a refuge.” In the citadels of Israel, God is known to grant refuge to His own. The citadels are strongholds of protection in times of war, but the people trust in the power of God, and not the high or thick walls, as their defence.

The Bible says, “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty” (Psalm 91:1 NKJV). The secret place of the Most High isn’t a building or temple built with hands; it’s Christ, and that’s where you live. He’s your protection. The Bible says your life is hid with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3), which means you have twenty-four-hour protection! It’s round the clock. You’re protected in Him, because He’s become your citadel in which you live. Hallelujah!

The presence of God, and His light where you live, is a high place—far above all the evil and darkness in the world. Therefore, walk through life with boldness, knowing that no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper. You have God’s mighty protection. This was David’s confidence when he declared, “He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday” (Psalm 91:4-6).

Never find yourself apologetic, intimidated or reluctant to express your convictions about Christ and the message of the Gospel. Be mindful of your divine protection in Him. The Bible says, “As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever” (Psalm 125:2).

Nothing and no one should prevent or keep you from proclaiming Jesus as Lord, for He’s greater than any government, institution or mob. He rules and reigns over the universe! Glory to His Name forever!

CONFESSION

No weapon formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment, I condemn! I have God’s mighty protection over my life, family and loved ones. I live in Christ, far above the evil and darkness in the world. Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY: || Daniel 3:16-18 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we [are] not careful to answer thee in this matter. 17 If it be [so], our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver [us] out of thine hand, O king. 18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up. ||

|| Psalm 27:1-3 The LORD [is] my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD [is] the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked, [even] mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. 3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this [will] I [be] confident. ||

|| Isaiah 43:2-3 When thou passest through the waters, I [will be] with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. 3 For I [am] the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt [for] thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> James 2-3:1-13 & Ezekiel 20-21

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 13:1-11 & 1 Chronicles 19

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:32am On Nov 26, 2019
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 26TH

PREACH WITH CLARITY

PASTOR CHRIS

…the common people heard him gladly (Mark 12:37).

How wonderful this is! Jesus is our Prince of Peace; the champion of peace. You can’t find peace anywhere else, no matter how you try, except in Christ Jesus. In John 14:27, He said, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

The way the Lord Jesus preached and taught the Word is so inspiring and intriguing. He communicated the Gospel so simply. Our opening verse says the common people heard Him gladly. The word, “heard” doesn’t just mean to hear sound; rather, it means to understand the meaning of the sound.

You may preach what you might call an erudite sermon, but if those to whom you preach or minister can’t understand what you’re saying, then you’ve really not communicated effectively. T.L. Osborn once said, “When you teach, if the people haven’t learnt, you haven’t taught.” How true!

Preach and teach the Gospel with clarity. Take a cue from the Master; large crowds stormed His meetings and yearned to hear His beautiful, Spirit-filled words. They came, and kept coming, because they understood His words. Mark 8 reports how an immense crowd gathered to hear Him speak for three days. On another occasion, He prepped His disciples to have a boat in readiness for Him in case He was crowded off the beach, so He could preach to the people from the boat (Mark 3:9). How they loved His words!

His messages were neither vague nor laden with confusing thoughts. Even some of His detractors acknowledged that no one ever spoke like Him (John 7:46). He knew the category of people that thronged His meetings, and He gave the precise illustrations that drove home His point.

Once, as He walked by the sea of Galilee, He saw Simon and Andrew his brother who were fishermen, and said to them, “…Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men” (Mark 1:17). His illustration was apt; something they could easily relate with.

The same should be said of you as you preach, teach or express the truths of the Gospel. Don’t use ambiguous, incomprehensible words; preach with clarity. This was something on the heart of Paul the Apostle. He desired to preach the message with clarity. In Colossians 4:4 (NLT), he said, “Pray that I will proclaim this message as clearly as I should.” What a desire! Have this in mind always.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for the power of the Holy Spirit in me to minister the Gospel in simplicity and power. My words, as I preach and teach, aren’t with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in the demonstration of the Spirit and of power, inspiring faith in the hearts of my hearers, for salvation and blessings, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

1 Corinthians 2:4 AMPC;
And my language and my message were not set forth in persuasive (enticing and plausible) words of wisdom, but they were in demonstration of the [Holy] Spirit and power [a proof by the Spirit and power of God, operating on me and stirring in the minds of my hearers the most holy emotions and thus persuading them],

Colossians 2:3-4 AMPC;
In Him all the treasures of [divine] wisdom (comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God) and [all the riches of spiritual] knowledge and enlightenment are stored up and lie hidden.
4 - I say this in order that no one may mislead and delude you by plausible and persuasive and attractive arguments and beguiling speech.

John 7:44-46 MSG
Some went so far as wanting to arrest him, but no one laid a hand on him.
45 - That's when the Temple police reported back to the high priests and Pharisees, who demanded, "Why didn't you bring him with you?"
46 - The police answered, "Have you heard the way he talks? We've never heard anyone speak like this man."

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Peter 5
Ezekiel 35-36

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: John 15:1-10
1 Chronicles 26

Pleasant day to you. Enjoy a peaceful Tuesday
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:41am On Dec 20, 2019

THE GOSPEL IS FOR ALL .

Friday, December 20th .
Pastor Chris

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature (Mark 16:15).

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the power of God unto salvation for all who would believe (Romans 1:16). In other words, the Gospel is no respecter of persons; its power works for all men. So, if you were wondering, “How do I reach out to people of other races?” that shouldn’t be a problem. First, there’s no such thing as “other races”; God made humans, and the Gospel is for all.

Never allow the glorious Gospel you’ve been entrusted with be tainted with any kind of discrimination or prejudice. Refuse it! The Word of God transcends all cultural, ethnic or national barriers. If you minister the Word of God in truth, it’ll break barriers and separate between those that are in bondage and those who really want to hear the truth. Truth has neither colour nor borders. Truth is divine! And the Word of God is truth (John 17:17).

Never be selective as to whom you want to preach the Gospel. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Jesus came to save the whole world, not a select few. There’re hurting people in all nations and nationalities; so, we must reach out to everyone, beginning with those in our immediate spheres of influence. You’d be amazed at the results the Word of God will produce in their lives!

Could there be those that might show resentment or display some form of prejudice and discrimination towards you as you preach to them? Probably! But never be intimidated by such people. The Apostle Paul understood this truth. In Colossians 3:11 (NLT), he said, “In this new life, it doesn’t matter if you are a Jew or a Gentile, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbaric, uncivilized, slave, or free. Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us.” Refuse the worldly categorization of people according to their physical or earthly descent. The Gospel is for everybody. Go all out this season and reach out to everyone with the message of Christ’s salvation.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for the glorious opportunities in the Gospel to shine and manifest your glory to everyone, irrespective of their nationality, ethnicity, culture or ideologies. Through me, the unsaved hear and receive the light of the glorious Gospel and are transferred from darkness into light, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. ||

|| Galatians 3:27-28 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Revelation 12 & Micah 6-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 2:1-13 & 2 Chronicles 34

FREE DECEMBER SPECIAL GIFT �=> https:///2HHaRNN

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2019
ALIVE BY THE SPIRIT .

Monday, December 23rd .
Pastor Chris

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you (Romans 8:11).

What we just read in the verse above isn’t a promise; it has already happened! Your physical body, your previously death-doomed and death-prone body, has been rejuvenated and vitalized by the Holy Spirit who lives in you. So, your life is from the Spirit, sustained through the Word. 1 Peter 1:23 says, “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” God gave birth to us by the Word, through the Spirit.

The blood that’s flowing through your veins isn’t what’s keeping you alive. But why is the blood important? First, it testifies of man’s humanity. Leviticus 17:11 says, “For the life of the flesh is in the blood....” Therefore, the redemption of man had to be by the shedding of blood, the blood of Jesus—life for life! Now that He gave His life for us to have His life, the life of your flesh is no longer your blood, but the Spirit.

Remember, He was raised back to life without blood, yet He wasn’t a Ghost. He said to His disciples after His resurrection, “Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have” (Luke 24:39 NIV). Notice He didn’t say, “flesh and blood”; the resurrection life doesn’t require blood to function, and that’s the life you have in you.

It’s the reason no sickness or disease can ravage your body, because sickness and disease attack the blood, to destroy the body. But thanks be unto God! John 1:12-13 says, “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: WHICH WERE BORN, NOT OF BLOOD, NOR OF THE WILL OF THE FLESH, NOR OF THE WILL OF MAN, BUT OF GOD.” Have this consciousness and live above this world; above sickness, disease and the corrupting forces of this present world of darkness.

CONFESSION

I live by the power of the Spirit that raised Christ from the dead. That power revives and vitalizes my physical body and produces life in me. I’m a life-giver, having been born after Christ, who is the life-giving Spirit. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 John 4:4 AMPC Little children, you are of God [you belong to Him] and have [already] defeated and overcome them [the agents of the antichrist], because He Who lives in you is greater (mightier) than he who is in the world. ||

|| 1 John 5:11-12 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. ||

|| Romans 8:10 ESV But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Revelation 15 & Zephaniah 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 2:37-47 & Ezra 1

FREE DECEMBER SPECIAL GIFT �=> https:///2HHaRNN

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:47am On Jan 06, 2020

RECOGNIZE AND CELEBRATE GRACE .

Monday, January 6th .
Pastor Chris

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble (James 4:6).

When God promotes you, He increases His grace on your life. With that increased grace, you’re able to accomplish much more. Grace gives you greater ability and opens doors for you. But something very important about grace that you must be conscious of is that it craves recognition.

You might have noticed that the name, “Grace” is most commonly answered by ladies. It sort of explains something about grace: it’s ladylike; something alluring. A beautiful lady likes to be recognized; she dresses adorably because she likes to be acknowledged. That’s really how grace is. If you fail to recognize grace, it’ll cringe; it’ll withdraw and cease to function.

It’s part of the reason some Christians aren’t seeing the manifestation of grace in their lives as they should. Learn to celebrate grace. Consciously acknowledge that you’re full of grace, surrounded with divine favour everywhere, and every day. You’ll be amazed at the increased blessings and manifestations of the Spirit you’ll experience in your life.

Remember, the Holy Spirit is called the Spirit of grace; so, in celebrating grace, you’re celebrating Him. Therefore, He’ll keep manifesting Himself—His beauty and glory—in your life. Suddenly, you find that you’re being called and chosen for jobs, blessings, promotions and positions you didn’t even qualify for. Even people who profess not to like you will be doing good things for you. That’s the power of grace.

Even now, God’s grace is increased in your life, causing His glory to be revealed in all that you do, ushering you into your next level of greatness and promotion. Receive it. Celebrate it. Affirm it. Glory to God!

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the outworking of your grace in my life, which causes me to grow and manifest the beauty, character and blessings of your Spirit. I recognize your superabundant grace on my life, resulting in favours, promotions, increase, advantage and innumerable blessings, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 2 Peter 1:2 AMPC May grace (God's favor) and peace (which is perfect well-being, all necessary good, all spiritual prosperity, and freedom from fears and agitating passions and moral conflicts) be multiplied to you in [the full, personal, precise, and correct] knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. ||

|| John 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. ||

|| 2 Corinthians 9:8 And God [is] able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all [things], may abound to every good work: ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Matthew 5: 21-48 & Genesis 15-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 7:22-32 & Nehemiah 10

JANUARY SPECIAL GIFT �=> https:///2HHaRNN

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:30am On Jan 07, 2020

THE INVINCIBLE LIFE .

Tuesday, January 7th .
Pastor Chris

I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life (1 John 5:13 NIV).

Church history tells us how John, the writer of our theme scripture, faced intense persecution due to his faith. He was captured and plunged into a large vessel of boiling oil with the intention of frying him alive. They lit the fire while he was inside, but something remarkable happened: the oil burnt out, but John was still there; alive and unscathed.

His persecutors, who couldn’t fathom how anyone could survive such a gruesome ordeal, concluded that his life was indeed divine, and for that reason, he earned the appellation, “Saint John the Divine.” He was later banished into exile in Patmos, a Greek island, where he wrote the Book of Revelation.

What made this apostle, in spite of that horrific treatment, invincible? He had eternal life, which he wrote about and admonished the Church to be conscious of, as read in our theme scripture. He said, “I want you to know that you have eternal life.” The word, “know” is translated from the Greek “eido,” and it means to observe or become aware; knowledge with awareness.

John came to a level of awareness that eternal life, the very essence of divinity, was at work in him. That same life of absolute victory, glory, righteousness, and dominion in Christ supplanted your human life, making you indestructible! Become fully persuaded of this truth. Don’t just preach, sing and dance about it; let it be a present-hour consciousness in your spirit that you’re a divine being, not a mere human. You’re in the divine class; an associate of the God-kind. Blessed be God!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for the impact of your divine life in my spirit, soul and body. This divine life surges through my being, destroying and repelling sickness, disease, infirmity, death, poverty, and everything that’s inconsistent with the provisions of the Gospel of Christ. I’m invincible, indestructible and impregnable, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 John 5:11-12 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. ||

|| John 10:10 AMPC The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it [a]overflows). ||

|| Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Matthew 6:1-18 & Genesis 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 7:33-42 & Nehemiah 11

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:35am On Jan 08, 2020

PROMISES BACKED WITH SUPPLY .

Wednesday, January 8th .
Pastor Chris

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust (2 Peter 1:4).

“Promises,” as used in the verse above is different from its generic definition as a verbal or written commitment or an undertaking to do something. It’s not the same as telling a friend, for example, “I’m going to give you $200,000 tomorrow.” In such a case, if, come tomorrow, you couldn’t fulfil that promise for whatever reason, you may not be in any trouble with the Law, even though you had given your word to that friend.

On the other hand, if you issued him a cheque of $200,000, dated today, all he’d need would be to present it before the bank, who is under obligation to pay him. In this case, you gave him something much more than a promise. If the cheque you issued him was a dud or worthless cheque, that becomes an offence, punishable by Law. This is because by issuing the cheque, you instructed a financial institution to pay money which you didn’t own. Therefore, this promise must be backed by available funds.

That’s the type of promise the Apostle Peter was referring to. They aren’t “promises” for the future, waiting to be fulfilled; no! They’re such that the one who promised can be held liable should anything go wrong. They are promises backed already with the supply, waiting for you to cash them! This is the reason divine health, prosperity, the life of victory, dominion and glory in Christ, and all the blessings of the Gospel aren’t “promises” that you should be praying for or expecting to come to pass in your life. Rather, they are present-hour realities, available to you to “cash” and enjoy in the NOW of your life.

Never say, “I’m sick,” “I’m broke,” “I’m weak,” or “I’m afraid”; it’s contrary to the God-life and your God-nature to talk like that. Speak the God-language, because you belong to a heavenly pantheon that speaks divine realities. Become more conscious that you were born into God’s realm of life, with His nature and character in your spirit, and that you’re in a vital union—an inseparable oneness with Him. Glory to His Name forever!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for making me an associate of the God-kind. I bask in this glorious union, living the triumphant, victorious, successful and glorious life in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 2 Corinthians 1:20 AMPC For as many as are the promises of God, they all find their Yes [answer] in Him [Christ]. For this reason we also utter the Amen (so be it) to God through Him [in His Person and by His agency] to the glory of God. ||

|| 2 Corinthians 7:1 AMPC Therefore, since these [great] promises are ours, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that contaminates and defiles body and spirit, and bring [our] consecration to completeness in the [reverential] fear of God. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Matthew 6:19-7:1-6 & Genesis 20-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 7:43-53 & Nehemiah 12

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:12am On Jan 09, 2020

NO “CONTRABANDS” .

Thursday, January 9th .
Pastor Chris

…but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God (Romans 12:2).

The English translation of the word, “prove” doesn’t give us the best expression of what Paul, by the Spirit, conveys in the theme verse. The Greek word is “dokimazō”; and it means to discern or examine; a more appropriate expression is, “to scrutinize.”

To understand this better, consider the custom service section at the entry port of any country. They’re mandated to scrutinize passengers, and in high alert cases, use more sophisticated machines to provide animated images of suspicious items. Right there, the traveller’s eligibility is ascertained, either for entry or denial into that country. That’s what the Spirit is telling us: you have the responsibility to “prove” or scrutinize what you allow into your world! There’re contrabands—things that aren’t consistent with your divine nature in Christ—like sickness, death, poverty, anger, bitterness, frustration, etc.; don’t allow them into your life.

Remember that the Bible says, “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life” (Proverbs 4:23). You’re to consciously mount a garrison, a blockade, over your heart against the negativities of life. It’s your responsibility, and you have the power and authority to do it. Jesus said, “And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven” (Matthew 16:19). Keys speak of authority, laws and principles. When you disallow or permit something on earth, heaven gives the authority and backs what you have said.

This year, more than ever, be resolute about not allowing “contrabands” in your life and in your environment. Vehemently refuse the works of evil and forbid them in your body, family, job and around you. Allow only divine realities into your world, things that are consistent with the perfect will of God for your life. If you don’t take a stand, nothing will change; and it begins with the renewing or transformation of your mind. With a renewed mind, you’ll think, permit and express only God’s thoughts, His righteousness, love, kindness, joy and peace in your life, and in your environment. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you for the power to determine what comes into my world. I disallow every kind of illegal transaction in my life. I vehemently refuse sickness, poverty, death, and everything that hurts and binds. Only things that are consistent with the God-life are permitted in, and around me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Romans 6:13 Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God. ||

|| Romans 8:13 AMPC For if you live according to [the dictates of] the flesh, you will surely die. But if through the power of the [Holy] Spirit you are [habitually] putting to death (making extinct, deadening) the [evil] deeds prompted by the body, you shall [really and genuinely] live forever. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Matthew 7:7-29 & Genesis 23-24

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 7:54-60 & Nehemiah 13

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:54am On Jan 14, 2020

HE NOURISHES AND CHERISHES YOU .

Tuesday, January 14th .
Pastor Chris

For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church (Ephesians 5:29).

The Lord Jesus, in John 10:11 & 14, said, “I am the good shepherd….” The Greek word for “shepherd” is “poimēn” and it means “Pastor”; one that’s called of God to nourish, carefully protect and cherish the flock. This is what Jesus does to the Church; He nourishes and cherishes it. The Apostle Paul implied this in his Spirit-inspired admonition in our theme verse.

How does the Lord nourish the Church? He does it through the ministry of the Word! It brings to mind something the Lord said to me while in prayer many years ago. He said, “Feed my sheep.” While I was still pondering on the statement, He said it again. At this time, tears flowed freely down my eyes, because I knew what He meant. He wanted me to teach the Word; and I’ve been at it ever since.

What the Lord said to me back then parallels His encounter with Peter in John 21:17. After asking Peter three consecutive times, “Do you love me?” and Peter answered in the affirmative, He said to him, “Feed my sheep.” He was telling Peter to feed them with the Word. The Word is food for the spirit, and anyone who dares to believe and receive the Word is nourished, built up, and sustained in the victorious life. In Acts 20:32, the Spirit writes, “And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.”

The Church is very important to the Lord. The Bible says “...we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones” (Ephesians 5:30). We’re one with Him. And through the ministry of the Word, He sustains, energizes, strengthens and prepares us for His soon return: “That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish” (Ephesians 5:26-27).

Even now, the Lord is nourishing you as you study this devotional. He’s doing something to your spirit; He’s invigorating and vitalizing you through and through, because He cherishes you. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you for your Word that builds me up and positions me on the right course in life. I’m completely given to the ministry of the Word in study and meditation, and therefore, nurtured, edified, developed and sustained in the victorious life. I walk in divine health, prosperity, and enjoy unprecedented increase in every area of my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

|| Ezekiel 34:14-15 I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and [in] a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel. 15 I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord GOD. ||

|| 2 Timothy 3:15-17 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Matthew 10:24-42 & Genesis 34-35

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 9:10-20 & Esther 9-10

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:25am On Jan 15, 2020
Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional​​
​​Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD
Wednesday, 15th January 2020.
WALK IN THE SPIRIT .

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his (Romans 8:9).

There’re Christians who are still easily controlled by the dictates of the flesh and its senses. So, always, they pray, asking the Lord to help them overcome the flesh with its affections and lusts. But that’s a contradiction, because the Word says, “…those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires” (Galatians 5:24 NKJV). What you’re supposed to do is live the Word.

God’s Word reveals your identity, heritage, origin and ability in Christ Jesus; it’s a mirror. Your responsibility is to accept the picture of you that the Word projects, and live accordingly. We read in our opening verse that you’re not in the flesh, but in the Spirit. That’s the declaration of God; that’s how He sees you. Your recreated human spirit is perfected in Christ; so, what then? Galatians 5:16 states what you’re supposed to do and the result: “...Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.”

You’re to walk in the Spirit because you’re born into the realm of the Spirit; you live in the Spirit; that’s your life now! The reason some still find themselves struggling with unhealthy desires and habits is that they’re not walking in the consciousness of who they are in Christ; they’re not walking in the Spirit. How do you walk in the Spirit? It doesn’t mean floating in the air; it means walking in the light of God’s Word; walking in the light of who you are in Him.

Now that you’re born again, set your appetite on the things of the Spirit. If you find yourself lusting after or desiring the things of the world, you ought to say, “No, that’s not who I am; I’m the righteousness of God in Christ; my spirit is clean; I’m a new creature. I thirst and yearn after God and His Word only. My affection is set on things above, not on things in the earth.” Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me the ability to comprehend who I am in Christ. I’m born of the Spirit and yielded to the Spirit, to do your will and walk in your light. My life is the expression and manifestation of your righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 8:1-2 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 8:5-9 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Galatians 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan Matthew 11:1-30 & Genesis 36-37

2 Year Bible Reading Plan Acts 9:21-31 & Job 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:41am On Jan 17, 2020

UNHINDERED PROGRESS .

Friday, January 17th .
Pastor Chris

Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all (1 Timothy 4:15).

The word, “appear” in our opening verse is the Greek “phaneros,” which means to spread abroad, or to cause something or someone to shine. Here, the Spirit, through the Apostle Paul lets us know what meditating on God’s Word does for you: it causes your prosperity and success to spread abroad or burst forth. Hallelujah!

The same truth is revealed in Joshua 1:8; the Word propels your advancement. The Lord said to Joshua, “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.” Notice that the key isn’t just having the Word in your heart or the pages of the Bible, but in your mouth; speaking it forth, and it‘ll bring prosperity into your life.

When you study the Hebrew construction of the latter part of Joshua 1:8, you’d observe that the portion where it says “...thou shalt make thy way prosperous...” actually means “to burst forth with prosperity!” What it describes is a sudden gush, like the rushing of a flood breaking through a barrier with so much power. That’s the kind of prosperity and success you’ll experience if you’d meditate, inundate your spirit with God’s Word. You burst forth into prosperity with such power that nothing can hold back.

Perhaps you’re into some trade or business and your brand hasn’t “spread abroad”; it isn’t well known. Practise meditating on the Word. As you do, you’ll receive the ideas and inspiration you need to take things to the next level. It doesn’t matter in which area of your life you desire to see extraordinary progress; do this, and before long, others will surely notice your unhindered progress.

CONFESSION

Dear Father, your wisdom is at work in me and I’m moving with power and great glory; there’s no stopping me. I’m propelled by your Word and the Spirit, in the path of success and greatness. I’m fulfilling my destiny in Christ, gloriously bursting forth in prosperity. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY: || Psalm 1:1-3 Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. ||

|| Isaiah 32:15 Until the spirit be poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field be counted for a forest. ||

|| 3 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Matthew 12:22-50 & Genesis 40-41

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 10:1-8 & Job 5-6

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by scofield2016: 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2020
DOWNLOAD JANUARY RHAPSODY OF REALITIES ENGLISH 2020 BY PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME

Rev. Chris Oyakhilome, the President of LoveWorld Inc., a dynamic, multifaceted, global ministry, is the author of Rhapsody of Realities, the world’s #1 daily devotional, and more than 30 other books. He’s a dedicated minister of God’s Word whose message has brought the reality of the divine life to the hearts of many.

Rhapsody of Realities is no ordinary book: It’s a classic love-note from God to you, with the message of life! Oftentimes, referred to as the, “Messenger Angel,” the devotional is a life guide designed to enhance your spiritual growth and development by bringing you a fresh perspective from God’s Word every day.

https://entertainmenttrain.com/download-january-rhapsody-of-realities-english-2020-by-pastor-chris-oyakhilome/
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:36am On Jan 20, 2020

MEDITATE ON CHRIST .

Monday, January 20th .
Pastor Chris

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27).

“Christ in you” isn’t a religious cliché. It’s a divine reality, but many haven’t understood the power and import of that reality. That’s the reason for the headaches and fevers they complain of; that’s why they wake up with cancer, diabetes, and all such anomalies in their physical bodies. How could you be sick, if indeed, Christ indwells your physical body?

Before Christ came, all men were under the curse of sin, and were therefore subject to Satan, condemnation, sickness, disease, poverty and death. The Bible says, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). This was the consequence of man’s fall in the Garden of Eden. But guess what? The glory that was lost by sin, was restored in Christ! Therefore, if Christ is in you, then glory is the result: glory in your health, in your finances, in your work, family and every area of your life. Hallelujah!

Your life, now that you’re born again, is for glory only. This should be your consciousness; otherwise, you’ll live an ordinary life. Let Christ manifest Himself in you, through the Word and the Holy Spirit. Become “Christ-in-me” conscious. Meditate on Christ: who He is, who He is to you, and in you, and His ministry in you today! Christ isn’t around you or near you; neither is He merely with you; He’s in you. That’s the greatest thing in the world. Praise God for evermore!

CONFESSION

I belong in a special class of divine beings—“the Christ-in-me species!” This is my assurance of a life of continuous triumph and eternal glory. The power, beauty and excellence of divinity are resident in my spirit. I manifest the life and glory of Christ. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY: || Ephesians 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. ||

|| Romans 8:10 AMPC But if Christ lives in you, [then although] your [natural] body is dead by reason of sin and guilt, the spirit is alive because of [the] righteousness [that He imputes to you]. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Matthew 13:44-14:1-12 & Genesis 46-48

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 10:34-43 & Job 11-12

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:08pm On Jan 22, 2020
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 22ND

SELF-SUFFICIENT IN HIM

PASTOR CHRIS

All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you (John 16:15).

In Exodus 3, when God appeared to Moses and told him he’d deliver the children of Israel out of Egypt, Moses asked the Lord, “…Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?” (Exodus 3:13 NKJV). In the ensuing verse 14, the Bible says, “Then Moses said to God, Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, “The God of your fathers has sent me to you,” and they say to me, “What is His name?” what shall I say to them?”

Notice that He didn’t say, “Tell them, ‘I AM’ is my Name”; that’s not His Name, but a description. He’s the Self-Sufficient and Self-Existent One. He created everything from Himself; He needed no material from anywhere else to do anything. The Bible says, “All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made” (John 1:3).

What’s important here, that’s so easily overlooked, is about what He expects of you. What does He want you to become? What has He made you? Several years ago, I was preaching a message, and I said, “If you don’t say YOU ARE, others will say you’re not; therefore, you have to say YOU ARE.” What does it mean, when you say you are? It’s like God saying, “I AM.”

Remember, you’re created in His image; therefore, like Him, whatever you require will reproduce from within you; not from outside. In our theme verse, Jesus said, “All things that the Father hath are mine…” (John 16:15). This same Jesus delivered everything to us. The Bible says we’re joint-heirs with Him (Romans 8:17). Everything you require for the life of absolute success, victory, dominion, glory and righteousness has already been granted you in Christ.

Why was Jesus the way He was? It’s because He knew who He was (“I AM”); He had no consciousness of lack. He wants us to come to the same understanding that He’s made us exactly like Him. We’re His reflection; icon and glory! In Him, you’re self-sufficient.

CONFESSION

I’m created in God’s image and likeness; therefore, I’m self-sufficient, for as He is, so am I in this world! Everything I require for the life of absolute success, victory, dominion, glory and righteousness are inside me. I live triumphantly today, and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

2 Corinthians 9:8 AMPC;
And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation].

Acts 17:28;
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

2 Corinthians 3:5
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Matthew 15:1-28
Exodus 1-2

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Acts 11:4-14
Job 15-16

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 276
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.