Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:43 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (248620 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:11pm On May 20, 2020
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL (DOWNLOAD THE NEW RHAPSODY APP => https:///2Z9P6P0)

YOU’RE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LIFE .

Wednesday, May 20th.
Pastor Chris

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear (Hebrews 11:1-3).

Our theme scripture is quite instructive; it reveals an important faith-principle with which you can make your life excellent, from glory to glory. It says the things that are obvious to our natural eyes weren’t made of things that appear; they came out of things that aren’t observable to the senses. The context shows that these things came from words, for it says, “Through faith, we understand that the worlds were framed by the Word of God.”

In Genesis 1, we read that God spoke and brought order, beauty and form to a world that was formless, chaotic and in darkness. He framed the world. In the same way, your life and your future have been framed, only that this time, it was by you. What you’re going to be like in the next few months and years is already planned and laid out by none other than you! And if you currently don’t like what you have (that is, how your life has turned out), you alone can change it.

Some people may argue with this, but God’s Word lets us know that’s how it is. You planned the life you’re living now with your words. You are today exactly what you described yourself to be years ago. You’re responsible for the quality of life you have today. Of course, there would have been several other factors of influence: sociological, environmental, family, etc., but they only gave you a foundation; they gave you material with which to build your life. Whatever you eventually built on that sub-structure came from you.

If you’re having a wonderful life that you’re really glad about, you built it. If you’re living in defeat and as a victim, it’s also the result of your tongue-work. God isn’t responsible for the life you’re living. He gives you a vision; He shows you a picture and lets you know the kind of life He wants you to have. He may even be specific and tell you exactly what He wants your life to be. However, He’s not going to build it for you. He’ll only deliver the necessary materials and tools into your hands.

There’re also those materials you’d have to acquire, and He’ll show you where they are and how to acquire them. The responsibility is yours to locate them, take possession of them and use them to build your victorious life.

CONFESSION

I take charge of my life and make it what I want it to be in line with God’s will for me. I give form, beauty and order to my world through the energy of my words. I live in righteousness, victory, health, success and prosperity, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. ||

|| Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. ||

|| 2 Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 9:1-41 & 2 Kings 4-5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 1 Corinthians 11:1-11 & Proverbs 16

MAY SPECIAL GIFT �=> https:///2HHaRNN

Act Now!!! Give someone the chance for a new start and fresh hope for tomorrow. Follow this link to Donate at least One Copy: http:///2IJLrfI

Be A Partner Of Rhapsody Of Realities Today!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:41am On May 21, 2020
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL (DOWNLOAD THE NEW RHAPSODY APP => https:///2Z9P6P0)

YIELD YOURSELF TO HIM .

Thursday, May 21st .
Pastor Chris

Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace (Romans 6:13-14).

The Greek word translated “yield” above is “Paristemi,” and it also means to present. In other words, you’re to present yourself unto God as one who’s alive from the dead. You might ask, “Why do I have to present myself to God again? Isn’t my acceptance of His salvation enough?”

First, for the Lord to instruct us to present ourselves to Him means He chose us for that purpose. You can’t give God something He doesn’t want or hasn’t chosen. God, in His sovereignty, instructs us to present ourselves to Him, and it behooves us to do just that. Secondly, we have an example to follow in Jesus, “... who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God...” (Hebrews 9:14).

Also, in Romans 6:9-10, we read that “…Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.” In the same manner that Christ died unto sin once and now lives unto God, we must consider ourselves dead to sin but alive unto God (for indeed, we are). In other words, you must live for Him and unto Him, because you belong to Him.

Jesus didn’t merely send some angels to save you; He took your place of condemnation and died in your place. He paid the ultimate price for you. Having accepted the salvation He purchased for you with His life, you have to accept the responsibility that comes with it, and live as one who understands the worth and value of that sacrifice. And you do that by consecrating your life to Him; by living for Him and serving Him with whole-hearted devotion, keeping His Word, fulfilling His purpose for your life, and producing works of righteousness. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Blessed Jesus, thank you for the ultimate price you paid for my salvation, and the resultant gift of righteousness which I’ve received. I yield myself to you as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable as an instrument of righteousness, to establish your will, and manifest your goodness, mercies and grace in the earth. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Romans 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. ||

|| Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 10:1-21 & 2 Kings 6-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 1 Corinthians 11:12-19 & Proverbs 17

Act Now!!! Give someone the chance for a new start and fresh hope for tomorrow. Follow this link to Donate at least One Copy: http:///2IJLrfI

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:57am On May 22, 2020

TRAINING YOURSELF IN THE FAITH-LIFE .

Friday, May 22nd .
Pastor Chris

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him (Hebrews 11:6).

The Bible says, “The Just shall live by faith”; that means faith is our lifestyle. Therefore, you must train yourself in the faith-life. When you came into Christ, God gave you a perfect life and showed you how to live that life to the full. His will is for you to be in charge and in control of your life, with everything working out right for you. But the extent to which you live that life is a function of your faith. That’s why it’s so important for you to understand how faith works, and to learn to use what you’ve got.

For example, when you feel some discomfort in your body, the first thing shouldn’t be to call the doctor or dash to the drug store. Speak to your body. You say, “I speak perfection, health and wholeness to all the systems of my body; they respond to the divine life in me and function rightly, in the Name of Jesus!” Stick to the Word, and you’ll surely have a testimony!

Sometimes, when people face challenges, they’d say, “I’ve been using my faith, but nothing is happening.” That’s because they’re struggling to make their faith work. Speak faith-filled words ever before trouble shows up, so that when it does, your faith will be steadfast.

Learn from Jesus: He talked to trees, winds, waves, water, fishes, food, etc., letting us know that everything in life has intelligence and that sound conveys energy. Therefore, apart from talking to your body to be in health, learn to talk to things in your home, your work tools, your money—everything in your care and under your watch—they all have intelligence. Use your mouth to retain their value and keep them perfect.

It makes no difference the circumstances you face; stick to the Word. Maintain your confession, and the only guaranteed outcome would be the triumph of your faith. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION

I consciously disregard temporal circumstances and shift my gaze and focus on the eternal realities of our heavenly Kingdom. Irrespective of contrary winds and opposition, my faith grows by the Word, prevails and triumphs. I speak perfection to my health, finances, family and all that concerns me, and they respond to my faith-filled proclamations, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if [any man] draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. ||

|| 2 Corinthians 4:18 AMPC Since we consider and look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are visible are temporal (brief and fleeting), but the things that are invisible are deathless and everlasting. ||

|| Mark 11:20-24 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots. 21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away. 22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them]. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 10:22-42 & 2 Kings 8-9

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 1 Corinthians 11:20-29 & Proverbs 18

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:07am On May 23, 2020
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES SATURDAY 23RD MAY.
HE’S THE ONLY WAY OUT

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12).

There’re three kinds of sin. The first one is inherited sin. The Bible says, “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned” (Romans 5:12). The sin of Adam was passed to all men. Everyone that came from Adam became an heir of Adam’s transgression. How terrible! But that’s the reality.

The second one is “imputed sin.” Imputed sin is based on Law, and you may not be the guilty one. In Joshua 7, we read how the children of Israel paid dearly for the sin committed by just one man, Achan. Having recently conquered a greater nation, the children of Israel were preparing to go wipe out a smaller one. Before going to capture Jericho, God had instructed them, “When you get to that place, don’t keep anything that’s theirs; destroy everything” (Joshua 7:11 AMPC).

But Achan took a coat and other items, and hid them for himself (Joshua 7:20-21). And the result? The whole country (Israel) lost the battle. The man’s sin was imputed to the whole country. Aside the inheritance, Adam’s transgression was also imputed to all men. You didn’t have to be guilty personally; it’s a class sin; everybody becomes part of it. It’s like when the President of your country signs a bad deal or initiates a bad policy; it affects the entire nation.

The third class of sin is “personal sin.” This is the one that you committed by yourself. Clearly, everyone born into this world has the sin-nature and requires salvation. If a man says he’s free from personal sin, how about inherited sin, and or imputed sin? But thanks be unto God! Salvation—the deliverance of man from his fallen nature and the depravity of sin and its effects, the recreation of his spirit and the restoration of fellowship with God—is possible and available through Jesus Christ! He’s the only way out!

This is why we preach the Gospel; that all men may believe in Jesus Christ and receive remission of sins and the life and nature of God. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Lord, thank you for the privilege to receive the Gospel which is your power to save, heal and deliver. I pray for the unconverted in the world, that the scales would fall off their eyes to recognize their sins, and accept your provision for remission in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Acts 13:38-39 ASV; Romans 10:9-10

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 11:1-16; 2 Kings 10-12
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians 11:30-34; Proverbs 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:58am On May 24, 2020
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL
YOUR REASON FOR BEING
Sunday 24 May
Pastor Chris

Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works’ sake (John 14:11).

One of the things I believe God helped me to find out for myself early in life was my purpose for being. I often wondered, “Why do people live in the first place if they’d eventually end up dying?” It became a question I needed an answer to. Then as I studied about Jesus, I wanted to know, “Why did Jesus come?” As the years passed, by the Spirit of God, I got the answer for life; I found out why we lived, and life changed for me.

Think about it: what is it on earth that you could consider to be lasting, to be eternally rewarding? Do you want the whole world to be yours? There’ve been people before you who ruled the whole world. Think about the Pharaohs, the Caesars; they ruled the world; they had everything. In fact, they were esteemed to be gods. But guess what? When their time came, they passed on, and it all ended. So, what do you want in life? The applause of men? Fame? Self-satisfaction? There’ve been many who had those in abundance, but it didn’t change anything.

Until and unless you discover your purpose for life, you haven't lived. Fellowship with God is the idea. Fellowship with God isn’t just being friends with Him; it’s not just being close to Him; it’s being in oneness with Him, united in purpose and in pursuit. That’s the greatest thing you could ever know—to be in fellowship with the Lord and relate with Him as One that you know and that knows you. That’s the reason for life: to know that God loves you and you love Him, and walk with Him; to understand what it is to be in God and God in you. This was the prayer of Jesus to the Father concerning us: “…that they may be one, even as we are one” (John 17:22). The greatest thing that a human being could ever know is to discover Him, discover yourself in Him, and to discover Him in you. Then you can say, like Jesus, “...I am in the Father, and the Father in me...” (John 14:11); a glorious relationship which changes your perception and everything about your life. With this understanding, you discover your place in His body—the body of Christ—and go on to fulfil that role.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for calling me unto the fellowship of your Son, Jesus Christ. Now, I can boldly declare that I’m in you and you’re in me. What an honour! My passion and desire is to please you with my life as I do all that you’ve destined for me, knowing that in you, I have life to the full, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
|| 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And [that] he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again. ||

|| Mark 8:36-38 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. ||

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 11:17-57 ; 2 Kings 13-15

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians 12:1-11 ; Proverbs 20

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:53am On May 27, 2020
*GROW YOUR FAITH .*
Wednesday, May 27th .
Pastor Chris

_*We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth (2 Thessalonians 1:3).*_

It’s your responsibility to increase the measure of faith God has given to you, and the way to do that is by learning more of God’s Word: _*“…faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God”*_ (Romans 10:17). The less of God’s Word you receive into your spirit, the less faith you’ll be able to express when you’re faced with the challenges of life. So, every day, grow your faith by feeding voraciously on God’s Word.

Someone once said, “My faith is very little; that’s why I sometimes feel weak spiritually.” Then grow your faith! That’s your job. Don’t stay at the level of little faith. Little faith exhibits fear and doubt (Matthew 8:26). In Matthew 14, Simon Peter was walking on water toward Jesus until he saw the winds and waves and began to sink. The Bible says Jesus immediately _*“…stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?”*_ (Matthew 14:31).

Little faith is also carnal or given to carnal reasoning. We see an example of this in Matthew 16:6 when Jesus said to His disciples, _*“...Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.”*_ The Bible says they reasoned among themselves, saying, _*“It is because we have taken no bread”*_ (Matthew 16:7). They didn’t understand what Jesus was teaching and thought He meant physical loaves of bread. Jesus perceived their carnal reasoning and said to them, _*“...O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread?”*_ (Matthew 16:cool.

When the one with little faith feels a discomfort in the stomach, he’s quick to say, “I think it’s because of something I ate or something I drank.” Yet Jesus said, _*“...and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them…”*_ (Mark 16:18). God wants your faith to be stalwart; not weak, and not little. Therefore, study and practise the Word of God; that’s how to grow your faith to be strong. Be like the ones described in Thessalonica, whose faith grew exceedingly, and also those in the Faith’s hall of fame (Hebrews 11) who used their faith for exploits.

*CONFESSION*
*The Word is living and active in me, and inspires faith in me to overcome challenges and maintain my victorious life in Christ. I’m born of the Word; therefore, I live by the Word. As I study and meditate on the Word, my faith is strengthened and improved, from glory to glory, and the blessings of acting on the Word are evident in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.*

*FURTHER STUDY:* *||* *Acts 20:32* And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. *||*

*||* *James 1:22-25* But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. *||*

*||* *Matthew 14:26-31* And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear. 27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. 28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. 29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. 31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth [his] hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? *||*

*DAILY SCRIPTURE READING*
*1-Year Bible Reading Plan=>* John 13:1-30 & 2 Kings 20-22

*2-Year Bible Reading Plan=>* 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 & Proverbs 23

*Be A Partner Of Rhapsody Of Realities Today!*
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:30am On May 28, 2020

HUMILITY IN SERVING THE LORD .

Thursday, May 28th .
Pastor Chris

Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble (1 Peter 5:5).

Over the years, I’ve seen highly spiritually gifted Christians, including ministers, whose work turned to emptiness, because they weren’t walking in humility. No matter how highly gifted you are, when it’s mixed with pride, it’s not acceptable to God. Your desire should be that whatever you offer to the Lord in ministry and in your service to Him be accepted, being sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Everything you do in the house of God is an offering to Him; your service is a sacrifice to God. But God won’t accept your sacrifice if it’s mixed with selfishness and greed; pomposity, pride and arrogance. Greatness in the house of God isn’t measured by some results that you have achieved or attained. Our opening verse says, “God resists the proud, but He gives grace to the humble.” Humble yourself. It’s something you must consciously and deliberately practise.

When thoughts of pride arise in your heart, rebuke them. The Bible says, “And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted” (Matthew 23:12). So, you see that it’s either humility or humiliation. The Scriptures are replete with stories of those who were proud and how they ended up abased. But God doesn’t want us to go in that direction.

Correct and guide yourself with the Scriptures, with the wisdom of God at all times. Being born again, you were born great, and truly great men are always humble. Keep walking in humility, for it’s a great blessing and the pathway to promotion with God.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I’m submissive to the authority, influence and impact of your Word. Pride, arrogance, haughtiness, or egotism have no place in me, for I walk in love and humility, experiencing ever-increasing greatness and unlimited progress in life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 AMPC Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily. 5 It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong]. 6 It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail. 7 Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening]. ||

|| 1 Peter 5:5-6 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all [of you] be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. 6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 13:31-14:1-14 & 2 Kings 23-25

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 1 Corinthians 14:1-9 & Proverbs 24

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:05am On May 29, 2020

THE CHRIST CULTURE .

Friday, May 29th .
Pastor Chris

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God (Romans 12:2).

In Christianity, we have a culture; it’s the Christ culture. Many come into Christ with their own culture, and try, in many ways, to influence the Church with their earthly culture. But the only culture we must follow and imbibe is the culture of the Spirit and of the Scriptures. Our theme verse tells us to be transformed by the renewing of our minds (Romans 12:2); that means be cultured by the Word. It’s a decision that you must make.

If you’d renew your mind with the Scriptures, you’d have the Kingdom culture. For example, in Christ, we have a culture to honour and respect everyone, not only those we think are deserving of honour. Romans 12:10 says, “Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another.” Also, in Matthew 5:44, Jesus said, “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.” This is Kingdom-culture; it’s different from that of the world.

Matthew 5:42 says, “Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.” It’s our culture to give in love; you don’t turn away from the one who comes to borrow from you. We help and don’t despise anyone. This is how Jesus lived, and we’re to emulate Him. Therefore, train yourself in the Christ culture; the culture of love, kindness, forgiveness and righteousness.

PRAYER

Precious Father, I yield myself to the ministry of the Word and the Spirit to learn, develop and live out the Christ life here on earth; a life of love, excellence, victory, dominion and grace. As I study the Word, my mind is renewed to think and walk in the reality of who I am in Christ, giving full expression to your righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: ||

|| 2 Peter 1:5-8 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 14:15-31 & 1 Chronicles 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 1 Corinthians 14:10-19 & Proverbs 25

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:09am On May 31, 2020
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES SUNDAY 31ST MAY.
THE “PILL” OF FAITH

Jesus replied, “Why do you say ‘if you can’? Anything is possible for someone who has faith!” (Mark 9:23 CEV).

Imagine that you were given a pill and told that if you’d take the pill, it makes no difference the infirmity, disease or sickness that attacks your body; irrespective of the location of the problem, the pill would effect a cure. What would your response be? I’m sure you wouldn’t hesitate to place an order for that pill immediately. You’d even want to have it in excess.

But did you know that there’s actually such a pill? It’s called the pill of faith! In Mark 9:23, Jesus said, “If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.” The word “believe” as used in the King James Version and several other versions is wrongly applied. It’s from the same word as “faith,” only that it’s the verb form. Faith is the noun, and “believe” is the verb of faith. This means the verse should actually read, “All things are possible to him that has faith.”

The CEV, which we quoted in our theme verse puts it more accurately; it says, “...Anything is possible for someone who has faith!” How reassuring! And reading it from the 21st verse makes it even more so. Jesus didn’t say, “Many things are possible if you have faith,” but that “ANYTHING is possible.” Meaning that it doesn’t matter what the situation is; God has given you power to make your life beautiful. You can do anything and change anything that’s contrary to God’s will for you with your faith.

When the disciples were terrified and cried to Jesus for help when they faced turbulent weather, the Bible says He turned to them and said, “...Where is your faith?” (Luke 8:25). In other words, use the pill! It can do anything. There wouldn’t be any hopelessness or despondency in your life if you’d put your faith to work. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
Blessed be God! I’ve overcome the world, its systems and structures. My faith is strong and effective for continuous success, victories and triumphs! I have no fear, for nothing is impossible unto me. My life is being constantly framed by the Word of God, resulting in ever-increasing praise and glory to the Father. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY
Mark 11:22-23; 2 Corinthians 4:13; 1 John 5:4;

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 15:18-16:1-16; 1 Chronicles 5-6
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians 14:31-40; Proverbs 27
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:07am On Jun 01, 2020
IT'S ABOUT WORDS
Monday, June 1st
Pastor Chris

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned (Matthew 12:37).

A major reason some Christians have never really enjoyed the spiritual splendour and glory of Christianity is that they’ve never truly understood the importance of words. Even though they’ve been born again for long, they’ve struggled for the most part. Some eventually give up after many years of struggling to live the Christian life because they don’t understand the foundational principles of the Christian life. It’s about words!

We function in the realities of the new creation through words. This is the spiritual principle that makes salvation possible in the first place: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation” (Romans 10:9-10).

Our salvation is only activated when we vocalize our faith in the Lordship of Jesus. Salvation is the beginning of all the blessings in Christ; and if this principle works for salvation, it’ll work for everything else in Christ.

The Lord Jesus, during His earthly ministry, was an absolute success because He spoke the Father’s words and lived in them. In John 12:49, He said, “For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.” Hebrews 13:5-6 makes reference to the same principle. It says, “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.”

The foregoing scriptures imply that our confessions should be in accordance with the Word of God, because we’re children of the Word. We live by words. Recall the words of Jesus in our opening verse: “For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.” It’s about your words: the right words coming out of your lips.

CONFESSION
Through my wholesome, faith-filled words, I create a triumphant life and blessed future; I shape my life and future to align with God’s divine provisions and destiny for me and all that concerns me. I hold fast to the profession of faith without wavering. I declare that I live in divine health, supernatural abundance, and in continual victory and prosperity, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: 2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 15:18-16:1-16 & 1 Chronicles 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 1 Corinthians 15 & Proverbs 28
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
*RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL
NOTHING TO FEAR .
Tuesday, June 2nd .
Pastor Chris

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith (1 John 5:4).

There’s so much negative information in the world today and this has instilled fear in the hearts of those who aren’t rooted and grounded in the Word. These may indeed be perilous times, but the Lord Jesus referred to this in Luke 21:25-26 in describing some of the signs of the end of the age. He said, “...There shall be...distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth....”

In Luke 18:8, He asked a thought-provoking question: “...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?” You’re to stand your ground in faith, irrespective of the circumstances around you, and happenings in the world today.
The Word says in Ephesians 6:16, “Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.” With your shield of faith, you have the ability to neutralize ALL (not some) of the fiery darts of the enemy. The Lord Jesus already destroyed the works of the devil (1 John 3:cool. He paralyzed Satan, demolished his works, and made an open spectacle of him and his demons in hell (Colossians 2:15).

Today, Satan and the powers of darkness are under your feet; therefore, you have nothing to fear. Irrespective of what happens around you, speak the Word in faith.

PRAYER
My faith is the victory that overcomes sickness, disease and infirmities. The divine life in me makes me superior and unsusceptible to any kind of virus or infection. I walk in dominion over sickness and the debilitating elements of this world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 John 5:4 NIV for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. ||

|| Colossians 2:15 AMPC [God] disarmed the principalities and powers that were ranged against us and made a bold display and public example of them, in triumphing over them in Him and in it [the cross].

|| Romans 8:35-37 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 17:1-26 & 1 Chronicles 9-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 1 Corinthians 15:11-19 & Proverbs 29
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:06am On Jun 03, 2020
SUPERIOR TO SICKNESS AND DISEASE .
Wednesday, June 3rd .
Pastor Chris

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and IF THEY DRINK ANY DEADLY THING, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover (Mark 16:17-18).

The above scripture is extraordinary; it reveals something striking about you—the Christian—the new creation: you’re superior to sickness, disease, and infirmities. You have a life that can’t be infected by any disease pathogen. You can’t be poisoned or destroyed. It makes no difference that you were told that a certain poison or virus has gotten into your system; it shall have no power over you. In Luke 10:19, Jesus said, “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: AND NOTHING SHALL BY ANY MEANS HURT YOU.” This is either true or false, but thank God it’s true!

Live with the consciousness that you’re a partaker of the divine nature. Don’t join the bandwagon of those who are flustered and rattled by the spread of infectious diseases; the life in you is divine; it’s not sustained by blood but by the Spirit of God who lives inside you: “But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you” (Romans 8:11).

The foregoing verse isn’t a promise but a vital reality now that the Holy Spirit lives in you: He’s the life of your physical body. Maybe you’ve even been diagnosed with an incurable disease as you read this; declare the Word until the divine life in you gains the ascendancy. With faith in your heart, keep affirming, “The same Spirit that raised up Jesus from the dead lives in me and has invigorated my physical body. I have the life of God in me; that life destroys sickness and disease. I walk in divine health. I refuse to be sick!”

Christians are people who have come from death. They’re a different breed. That’s why the Bible says, “But ye are a chosen generation…” (1 Peter 2:9). The word, “generation” is the same word for “breed.” You’re a special breed, superior to anything that’s of the devil.

Take charge of your life from the realm of the spirit and subdue your world and your environment. Even now, declare that you live victoriously through the Word, and by the Spirit, over and above sickness, disease and death. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
I walk in victory and dominion over Satan, the world, and its systems. Thank you, Father, for your divine life in me, and the power of your Word and the Holy Spirit to live triumphantly above sickness, disease and infirmities, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 2 Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. *|

|| Romans 8:10-11 AMPC But if Christ lives in you, [then although] your [natural] body is dead by reason of sin and guilt, the spirit is alive because of [the] righteousness [that He imputes to you]. 11 And if the Spirit of Him Who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, [then] He Who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also restore to life your mortal (short-lived, perishable) bodies through His Spirit Who dwells in you. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 18:1-27 & 1 Chronicles 11-13

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 1 Corinthians 15:20-28 & Proverbs 30.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:56am On Jun 10, 2020
*RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL*
*SUCCESS IN YOUR SPIRIT .*
Wednesday, June 10th .
Pastor Chris

_*Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life (Proverbs 4:23).*_

The Word is so important. With the Word, you’ll build your life; you’ll build your spirit; you’ll build real success within you, because success starts first from the human spirit. If you have it inside you, no circumstance in life can take it away from you. But if you don’t have it in you, your life will depend on circumstances, and circumstantial success isn’t true success.

This has happened to far too many people. Their lives depend on how good things are in their country, in their finances, in their job, in their place of work, etc. And so, you have a lot of people drifting around, looking for some greener pastures. But that shouldn’t be you. Success is built into your spirit. You’re the seed of Abraham; that means your life’s journey should be in one direction only: upward and forward.

Your success is independent of circumstances. That’s how God designed it, because He Himself is independent of circumstances. You’re born in His image and likeness. The nature He’s given you is one of ever-increasing glory and greatness; always making progress. This has to be your mindset; otherwise, you’ll be like everyone else whose life is dependent on circumstances; who keeps praying that things will be all right.

But a child of God who understands the Word doesn’t live like that; he brings forth success from within. The Bible says from your heart are the issues of life (Proverbs 4:23). The Lord Jesus said in Matthew 12:35, _*“A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things….”*_ Success and all the good things of life are in you; bring them forth.

*CONFESSION*
*The greater One lives in me! My spirit is awakened and stirred up to be independent of circumstances, to bring forth good things always, irrespective of the situation around me. The Word of God in my spirit produces wealth, prosperity and success, anytime, anywhere! Hallelujah!*

*FURTHER STUDY:* *||* *Luke 6:45* A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. *||*

*||* *Joshua 1:8 AMPC* This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good [a]success. *||

*1-Year Bible Reading Plan=>* Acts 2:1-21 & 2 Chronicles 5-7

*2-Year Bible Reading Plan=>* 2 Corinthians 1:12-24 & Ecclesiastes 11-12.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2020
*THE HOLY SPIRIT: GOD AT WORK IN YOU .*
Thursday, June 11th .
Pastor Chris

_*Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak to you, I speak not from myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works (John 14:10).*_

The Holy Spirit is the active agent of the Godhead; He’s the power of God; He carries out the acts of God. Man was created and formed by the Holy Spirit; everything God does outside of His throne is done by the Holy Spirit. Nothing works without the Holy Spirit; there’s no life without Him.

The Lord Jesus, in the days of His earthly ministry, did nothing without the Holy Spirit. In our opening verse, He identifies the Holy Spirit as the Father that dwells in Him and does the work. That’s a fact to recognize in your life as a Christian.

The Holy Spirit in your life is your key to extraordinary and absolute success. None of those who walked with Him as revealed in the Scriptures were ever defeated; none was a failure. Everyone who received Him gained the mastery and became the champion. Many in the Church today need to know for sure who the Holy Spirit is and His ministry in their lives. He is Himself, God.

If you were to carry out any task for the Lord in your local Church, for example, until and unless you execute it by the power of the Spirit, there’ll be no impact. You can further understand Paul’s submission in Colossians 1:29 in describing his total dependence on the power of the Spirit for effective ministry work. He said, _*“Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.”*_ It should and must be the same for every one of us.

The Bible says, _*“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure”*_ (Philippians 2:13); that’s referring to the Holy Spirit. You can’t do God’s work or even live the Christian life without the Holy Spirit. Zechariah 4:6 says, _*“…Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.”*_ It’s for the same reason that He wants us perpetually filled with the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18). The Holy Spirit is God at work in you, building you, and building others through you.

*PRAYER*
*Dear Father, thank you for the gift of the Holy Spirit who has come to take His abode in the quarters of my heart, permanently. In all that I do, I acknowledge Him as my Helper, Comforter, Counsellor, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby. I’m totally dependent on His power, taking advantage of His divine ability, strength and wisdom at work in me, to fulfil my purpose, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.*

*FURTHER STUDY:* *||* *2 Corinthians 3:5 AMPC* Not that we are fit (qualified and sufficient in ability) of ourselves to form personal judgments or to claim or count anything as coming from us, but our power and ability and sufficiency are from God.

*||* *John 14:16 AMPC* And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever—

*||* *Philippians 2:13 AMPC* [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while [a]effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and [b]delight. *||*

*1-Year Bible Reading Plan=>* Acts 2:22-47 & 2 Chronicles 8-11

*2-Year Bible Reading Plan=>* 2 Corinthians 2:1-7 & Songs Of Solomon 1-2

*Be A Partner Of Rhapsody Of Realities Today!*
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:12pm On Jun 12, 2020
Your Recipe For A Happy Life
Friday, June 12th
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD DSc DD

For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it (1 Peter 3:10-11).

God’s plan for you is that you live a glorious life, happy and excited every day, irrespective of the happenings around you. This takes living by the Word. The Word of God unveils the fundamental principles of success that you can act upon for a Godcentred fulfilling life.

For example, our opening scripture is very instructive on how to have a blissful life. In The Living Bible translation, it reads, “If you want a happy, good life, keep control of your tongue, and guard your lips from telling lies. Turn away from evil and do good. Try to live in peace even if you must run after it to catch and hold it” (1 Peter 3:10-11).

The admonition is clear: do you want a wonderful life? It’s up to you! Eschew evil and do good; live peaceably with all men. Practise this. God is giving you the recipe for a successful life, a life that’s filled with joy and good things.

Your life will be beautiful, fulfilling, inspiring and excellent if you’d live by the Word. His Word is so simple, yet has the power to produce what it says. It’s your instruction manual for life, the light that guides you in righteousness, glory and victory. 1 Thessalonians 5:16 says, “Rejoice evermore.” Put this to work in your life. Be full of joy always, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me such a beautiful, extraordinary, exciting, fulfilling, exceptional and excellent life; a glorious life that radiates joy, excellence and peace. Irrespective of contrary circumstances, I stir up joy from within; your glory, grace and righteousness are seen and manifested in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 14:17
“For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.”

Nehemiah 8:10 AMPC
“Then [Ezra] told them, Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet drink, and send portions to him for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. And be not grieved and depressed, for the joy of the Lord is your strength and stronghold.”

1 Peter 1:8
“Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:”

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Acts 3:1-26;
2 Chronicles 12-15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
2 Corinthians 2:8-17;
Songs Of Solomon 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:18am On Jun 15, 2020
*RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL*
*IT’S IN YOU NOW .*
Monday, June 15th .
Pastor Chris

_*The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full (John 10:10 NIV).*_

Just as divine health, prosperity, forgiveness, justification, sanctification and righteousness aren’t promises from God for the new creation, even so is eternal life not a promise! Eternal life isn’t life in heaven or life you receive when you get to heaven; it’s in you now.

Jesus would never have needed to come if all there is to eternal life is going to heaven. After all, Enoch went to heaven before Jesus came (Genesis 5:24). Also, Jesus said God isn’t the God of the dead, but of the living; He’s called the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Read Luke 20:37-38); meaning that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are alive and in heaven.

Even Elijah was carried to heaven with a chariot of fire (2 Kings 2:11); he didn’t need Jesus to have come first. This proves that eternal life isn’t about living endlessly in heaven. Jesus didn’t come to give us something that was already available; He was the manifestation of the life which God promised before the world began. God’s plan for man was to live like God, live in His image, live as His reflection in this world. But man lost out on God’s plan due to Adam’s transgression.

However, through Christ Jesus, eternal life—the life and nature of God is now available to anyone who believes in Him. There’s animal life, plant life, human life, and then you have the God-life, which you receive when you’re born again. That’s the life Jesus spoke about in our theme verse. It’s indestructible and untainted.

That eternal life controls everything about your life now; it vitalizes your physical body. It destroys sickness, disease, infirmity and everything that’s not of God in your physical body. Hallelujah!

*CONFESSION*
*Eternal life is my present-hour possession in Christ. I have that unfading, incorruptible, indestructible, imperishable life, resident in my spirit. I’ve been brought from humanity to eternity; therefore, I have dominion over death, sickness, disease, infirmity, failure, lack, and all the rudiments of this world.*

*FURTHER STUDY:* *||* *John 3:16* For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. *||*

*||* *John 10:27-28* My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand. *||*

*||* *1 John 5:11-13* And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. *||*

*1-Year Bible Reading Plan=>* Acts 5:12-42 & 2 Chronicles 23-25

*2-Year Bible Reading Plan=>* 2 Corinthians 4:1-6 & Isaiah 1.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:36pm On Jun 16, 2020
His Instructions Make Great
Tuesday, June 16th

And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing (Genesis 12:2).

God expects that when we receive His Word, we should live accordingly. When we have words in Scripture that show us principles of life or that give us definite instructions from God, we have to take heed; we have to take such words seriously and live by them. His instructions make great.

Life becomes challenging, a labyrinth of confusion for those who don’t follow God’s Word but would rather act on human wisdom and intelligence. Take for instance, the experience of Isaac in Genesis 26. He received an instruction from the Lord not to leave his country to Egypt, because of the famine in his country. People were migrating to Egypt at the time for greener pastures so it made sense (human wisdom) that Isaac sought to leave Gerar to seek relief in Egypt.

However, the Lord instructed him, saying, “… dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of: Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father” (Genesis 26:2-3). Isaac followed the Lord’s instruction and the result is penned for us in Genesis 26:12-13: he grew, waxed great and became very great, so much so that the Philistines envied him in the same land that was impoverished by famine.

Follow the leading of God’s Spirit for your life. There’s no other way to greatness and a successful life besides following God’s plan, His instructions, will and purpose for your life. It makes no difference the pressure you’re under, yield to the Spirit for answers; don’t make impulsive decisions that’d most certainly worsen the situation. Consult and trust Him for guidance.

The Holy Spirit knows and has the blueprint for your greatness and prosperity. Your greatness is His plan and His idea. He said to Abraham, “…I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing” (Genesis 12:2). Never suppose that your greatness is dependent upon your works or anyone. As the seed of Abraham, greatness is in you, harnessed and brought to the fore as you follow God’s instructions and fulfil His purpose for your life.

Confession

I’m the seed of Abraham, graced for greatness and anointed to be fruitful and productive in every good work. I’ve been ordained to prosper and to live in glory. Therefore, I live the glorious life, fulfilling my purpose and destiny in Christ. Great things are happening for me and through me, by the power of the Word and the ability of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Genesis 26:12-13
“Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the Lord blessed him.
13 And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:”

Galatians 3:29
“And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.”

Proverbs 4:13
“Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.”

Acts 6:1-15;
2 Chronicles 26-28

2 Corinthians 4:7-18;
Isaiah 2

Extract From Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 1:33pm On Jun 22, 2020
MONEY IS A DECEPTION .
Monday, June 22nd .
Pastor Chris

Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours (1 Corinthians 3:21).

Money is a deception and a distraction in the world. Not many realise this, but it’s the truth. When God made this world, there was no such thing as money. Money was an evolution; the world didn’t start out with money. But today, we act like money “fell” from heaven and God said, “Thou must use money.” But it’s not so.

Here’s how you can easily understand this deception: when you deposit money in the bank, you’re aware that there’s no special store created to store the money, with your name on every bill. Where then is all the money that the bank is keeping for you? They only have a record against your name in figures as proof that you have money there. That should tell you something: money is an illusion; it exists only in the mind of the poor.

Your real quality and value have nothing to do with the bills in your pocket or safe-deposit box. If you can build, not your bank accounts, but your mind and your heart—the quality of your personality—it’ll control how much money responds to you.

Take your mind beyond money and focus on God’s purpose. His purpose for your life is that no matter what happens to the financial systems and operations of the world, you’ll always win. You’re bigger than inflation and the economy of the nation where you live. You’re bigger than this world! You’re the seed of Abraham, meaning you own the world. Believe this and you’d be free from the power and intimidation of money.

Your dream in life shouldn’t be where to get money or how to get money. The first and most vital element is your mind. Put it to work, and money will respond to you always.

CONFESSION
I rule and reign in this life, independent of the financial systems of this world. I’m fulfilling God’s purpose and plan for my life, walking in paths that He’s arranged for me. He’s made all things I require for life and godliness available to me, and I celebrate the grace of prosperity and abundance that I enjoy as the seed of Abraham. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY: || Luke 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. ||

|| 1 Timothy 6:10-11 AMPC For the love of money is a root of all evils; it is through this craving that some have been led astray and have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves through with many [a]acute [mental] pangs. 11 But as for you, O man of God, flee from all these things; aim at and pursue righteousness (right standing with God and true goodness), godliness (which is the loving fear of God and being Christlike), faith, love, steadfastness (patience), and gentleness of heart. ||

|| Matthew 6:19-20 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 10:1-23 & Ezra 4-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 2 Corinthians 7:9-16 & Isaiah 9.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
REFUSE THE “INADEQUACY SYNDROME” .
Tuesday, June 23rd .
Pastor Chris

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4).

There’s so much “inadequacy syndrome” amongst many in the Church, and it has lasted so long that it now looks and sounds normal. For example, you hear such statements as, “Fill me, Lord; I’m hungry for you!” They think that the more they cry about their hunger for God, the quicker He’d respond to them. But such declarations aren’t consistent with the Word, with who we are and what we have in Christ.

Think for a moment: how much more of Him do you want, when He lives in you in His fullness? You’re in the Father, and the Father is in you. Become fully conscious of this reality. Quit trying to reach out to Him or acting like a stranger and a foreigner; you’re one with Him. Hallelujah! The problem with many is their ignorance of the Word.

The Bible says, CHRIST IN YOU, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27). It isn’t a part or an aspect of Him that lives in you; it’s the totality of His person! You’re full of Him. The Bible says you’re the temple of the Holy Spirit; you’re God’s house, His living tabernacle. God isn’t more in heaven than He is in you; you better believe this, for it’ll get rid of the dependency and inadequacy syndrome.

It’s a mistake to think the more we confess our weakness, the greater He is in us. No, don’t talk against the Word. Your confession of inadequacy destroys your faith and your effectiveness in Christ, and it’s contrary to everything that Jesus came to do for you. For example, how could anyone read what we have in our theme verse and still pray, “Oh Lord, help me to overcome”? Or like some would say, “We shall overcome someday.”

The Word says you’ve overcome; notice it’s in past tense; it’s not a promise, but a done deal; a present-hour reality. Your confession, irrespective of how you feel or what’s happening around you, should, and must be, what the Word says concerning you. Don’t confess your feelings of inadequacy; confess the Word.

CONFESSION
I am in the Father and the Father is in me and I’m conscious of this reality. Everywhere I go, I go in and with the Father who lives permanently in me. I’m His divine headquarters; in Him I live and move, and have my being; the world is subdued before me. Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY: || Colossians 2:9-10 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: *||

|| Colossians 1:26-27 [Even] the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27 To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

|| John 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 10:24-48 & Ezra 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 2 Corinthians 8:1-8 & Isaiah 10

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:53pm On Jun 24, 2020
SERVICE THROUGH THE SPIRIT .
Wednesday, June 24th .
Pastor Chris

For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son… (Romans 1:9).

Oftentimes, when the Lord gives you a responsibility or an assignment to carry out for Him, it’s usually not because you’re an expert. He gives you that assignment and expects you to be diligent. He expects you to put in your best, but the most important of all is that He expects you to do it by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No assignment in the house of God should be carried out by people who are not full of the Holy Spirit. This is because there’s nothing you can do for God that’ll be acceptable to Him without the Holy Spirit. Hebrews 9:14 tells us that Jesus offered Himself as a sacrifice, through the Holy Spirit. It’s always been so with God.

Even in the Old Testament, when the Lord wanted Aaron’s garment (the Priest’s garment) to be made, just because the design was given by God, Moses had to get only those whom the Lord had filled with the Spirit to get the job done (Exodus 28:3). Think about it: He would only allow His priests wear clothes that were made by Spirit-filled individuals! Likewise, craftsmen that were to work in the tabernacle had to be filled with the Spirit to do the work.

On one occasion, the Lord said to Moses, “Get seventy leaders of the children of Israel, so they can assist you with the work.” Then God said, “I’ll take of the Spirit that’s upon you and put upon them” (Numbers 11:16-17). In other words, without the Spirit, He wasn’t going to let them do the work. That’s how important being filled with the Spirit for service is in the house of God.

It makes no difference the capacity in which you serve in church; perhaps, you’re a worship leader or music minister, an usher, a cell leader, outreach fellowship coordinator, a pastoral staff, or your role is cleaning the pews and opening the doors to the auditorium; it must be done through the Spirit.

This is where fellowship with the Spirit is so important. Before you set out to do anything, get filled with the Spirit; spend time in fellowship with the Holy Spirit, and He’ll guide you on how to do God’s things, God’s way, so your service would be accepted of Him.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the opportunity to serve in your Kingdom. I yield myself to the influence and guidance of the Holy Spirit at all times, for the purification and sanctification of all that I do in service to you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Ephesians 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; ||

|| Romans 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost. ||

|| Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 11:1-18 & Ezra 9-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 2 Corinthians 8:9-17 & Isaiah 11-12.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2020
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES
MONDAY 29
THE FLESH AND THE SPIRIT
Pastor Chris

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; (2 Corinthians 10:4).

There’re those who, even though they claim to be Christians, are antagonistic to the Gospel, because their understanding of the Gospel is corrupted by the theories of men. Some of them may have even been raised in church, and chosen of God, like Saul of the Old Testament, but instead of moving on with the Word, they used their senses to interpret God and lost out completely on God’s plan for them.

Such people are described in the Bible as belonging to the house of Saul; the arm of flesh. They’re ruled by the flesh and not by the Spirit. But then, there’s the “house of David”; the Bible says, “… there was long war between the house of Saul and the house of David: but David waxed stronger and stronger, and the house of Saul waxed weaker and weaker” (2 Samuel 3:1).

The “house of David” symbolises the Spirit; those who walk in the Spirit; those who speak and live according to God’s Word. There’s still that raging war today, where those who walk in the flesh try to act like they’re in charge, but the wisdom given to us of God is something they can’t resist or gainsay.

When you come in contact with such people, use and speak the wisdom of God, knowing that all they have are mere theories and words that come out of their natural minds. Ours are words too, howbeit, words of divine wisdom; so, it’s words against words. They speak the wisdom of this world that comes to nought; but we speak the wisdom of God that produces undeniable results in our lives, circumstances and situations, and in the lives of others. Glory to God!

CONFESSION
With the Word of God in my mouth, I cast down all strongholds of reasonings, arguments and theories of men. Even now, I come against the spirit of the world that initiates evil or negative imaginations in the hearts of men, to cause them to go against the Gospel, and I proclaim victory over it in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Colossians 2:8 AMPC; 1 Corinthians 2:6-7

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Acts 14:1-28 & Nehemiah 11-13

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 2 Corinthians 10:8-18 & Isaiah 18:1-7

EXCERPT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:24am On Jul 01, 2020
BAPTISED INTO CHRIST.
Wednesday, July 1st.
Pastor Chris

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life (Romans 6:3-4).

It’s important for us to understand what’s meant by the statement “…baptized into Jesus Christ…” in the scripture above. It’s different from dipping someone into water for a baptism. Water baptism is symbolic: when you’re dipped into water in baptism, you’re declaring that you’ve identified with the Lord in His vicarious death and burial. You’re brought out of the water in likeness of His resurrection.

The subject in Romans 6 isn’t water baptism. It’s the immersion of the believer into Christ, upon his proclamation of His Lordship and faith in His resurrection. In 2 Corinthians 5:17, Paul the Apostle uses the term “in Christ” when he declares: “...if any man be in Christ, He is a new creature....” You become one with Him! God sees you in Jesus Christ. When we say we’re in Christ, it’s not like having something inside a container; rather, it means we’re inseparably united with Him, joined with Him in one Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:17).

Ephesians 5:30 says, “For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.” Jesus said, “I am the vine, ye are the branches...” (John 15:5), meaning that we’re of the same stock with Him. You’ve become the expression of Christ. This is how you should and must think. 1 Corinthians 12:13 says, “For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body…”; that body is Christ.

Now that you’ve been baptised into Jesus Christ, the Bible says to walk accordingly; “…walk in newness of life” (Romans 6:4). Walk bold. Be absolutely fearless, knowing that you and Christ are one. With Him, you’re indomitable—ever making progress. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
I’m inseparably one with Christ, for in Him I live, move and have my being! I’m the embodiment and expression of His glory and divinity. My inseparable oneness with Him makes me supernatural, impregnable to sickness, disease and infirmity. No matter what comes my way, I’m bold and fearless! Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY: Acts 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan => Acts 15:22-35 & Esther 5-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan => 2 Corinthians 11:10-33 & Isaiah 20

EXCERPT FROM: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:09am On Jul 02, 2020

GROWING IN CHRIST .

Thursday, July 2nd .
Pastor Chris

And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts (Galatians 5:24).

Our opening verse leaves no grey area: if you belong to Christ, you’ve crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. Why then are some Christians still struggling, trying to crucify the flesh? It’s because Satan has lied to them and they believe it, due to their own ignorance of God’s Word.

Satan may taunt you by saying, “If you were a real Christian, you wouldn’t have told a lie yesterday!” That shouldn’t immediately wane your confidence and dissipate your faith and enthusiasm to serve the Lord. Remember who Satan is—a liar and the father of lies. He’s a deceiver and the accuser of God’s people (Revelation 12:10).

If your hands were lifted in worship to the Lord, and Satan suddenly reminded you of something you did wrong, don’t suddenly drop them and start crying, feeling sorry for yourself. Rather, worship even more and say, “Father, thank you for your love and the blood of Jesus Christ that cleanses me from all unrighteousness.”

Never allow Satan deceive you into thinking you’re not a real Christian because of something you did wrong. If you’re born again, you’re a real Christian. What the Word of God says is that you live out the nature of God that’s inside you. Walk in the Spirit and in righteousness. Live according to God’s Word, because that’s your life.

Every so often, say to yourself, “I’m of the Spirit and I’m ruled and guided by the Word.” Study and stay in God’s Word and you’ll live above the deceptions, manoeuvres and manipulations of Satan. The more you study, listen to, and meditate on the Word, the more you walk as the Word admonishes. This is because the Word has the power to produce in you what it talks about.

Through the ministry of the Word, you’re strengthened, encouraged, your faith is stirred and you grow steadily in Christ. The more you grow in the Lord, in grace and knowledge of His Word, the less of sin you’ll find in your life; for sin shall not have dominion over you (Romans 6:14).

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for your Word which is profitable to me for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, causing me to grow spiritually and my faith to be stirred unto good works. I’m rooted and established in the Word, displaying the virtues and perfections of the Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Romans 8:8-9 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. ||

|| Galatians 5:16 [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 15:36-16:1-15 & Esther 8-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 2 Corinthians 12:1-10 & Isaiah 21

JULY SPECIAL GIFT �=> https:///2HHaRNN

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:41am On Jul 06, 2020
Christ: The Standard Of Righteousness
Monday, July 6th

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous (1 John 2:1).

1 John 3:9 says, “Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin….” Some have misunderstood this and ran off with the wrong idea that whatever they do is right, because as Christians, they can’t sin. Yes, for the Christian, sin isn’t compulsory, but we don’t judge righteousness by what a Christian does; we judge righteousness by the light of Christ and His Word.

The Bible talks about walking in the light as He is in the light (1 John 1:7). How consistent are your actions with the rightness of God? That’s how you know what’s right from what’s wrong. If you declare that whatever you do is right, that makes you the standard of rightness and of righteousness. But you’re not the standard of righteousness.

For example, we read in 1 Corinthians 2:16 that “…we have the mind of Christ”; this doesn’t mean every thought of your heart, therefore, is always right. Yes, we have the rightness of God, but He tells us in Romans 12:2, “Be not conformed to this world, but be transfigured by the renewing of your mind.” Even though you’re born again, your mind still needs to be renewed.

Let’s look at our theme verse again; it says, “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not….” If it weren’t possible for you to sin, He wouldn’t have said “I’m writing this to you so that you don’t sin.” But at the same time, He lets you know sin isn’t compulsory; you don’t have to sin. That’s the reason for the very next statement: “If any man sin”; instead of “When any man sins.” He creates a balance.

Don’t go from one extreme of “Sin is compulsory as long as we’re in this flesh” to the other extreme of “Whatever I do is right”; no! Your actions, thoughts, behaviour, responses and reactions must be consistent with the Word of God, with the righteousness of Christ, for He is the standard of righteousness. Hallelujah!

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for your grace and the power of your righteousness at work in me! I live free from sin and sin-consciousness, producing fruits of righteousness and good works, manifesting the love of Christ today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 6:1-2
“What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?”

1 John 2:29 AMPC
“If you know (perceive and are sure) that He [Christ] is [absolutely] righteous [conforming to the Father's will in purpose, thought, and action], you may also know (be sure) that everyone who does righteously [and is therefore in like manner conformed to the divine will] is born (begotten) of Him [God].”

2 Corinthians 5:21
“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”

Acts 18:1-23;
Job 9-11

Galatians 1:1-9;
Isaiah 26
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:36pm On Jul 09, 2020
SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE SPIRIT .
Thursday, July 9th .
Pastor Chris

But God chose the foolish things of this world to put the wise to shame. He chose the weak things of this world to put the powerful to shame (1 Corinthians 1:27 CEV).

God’s Word is so simple. His instructions may sound or seem trifling, but when carried out, they always produce the supernatural. Imagine that while in Church on a service day the Pastor says, “Tell three people, ‘I’m blessed and victorious.’” You might say to yourself, “I don’t have to do that.” Why? It sounds too simple to mean anything. But that’s where many have missed it. Our theme verse says God confounds the mighty with simple, little things.

Think about this: when God delivered the children of Israel from the hands of their oppressors, the Egyptians, He didn’t lead them on the road that made the most sense. The Bible says, “Instead, he led them in a roundabout way through the desert toward the Red Sea…” (Exodus 13:18 GNB). Then, trapped between the Red sea and an invading army, Moses began to “pray” to God for intervention. But God interrupted him and said, “Lift up your rod and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it…” (Exodus 14:16 AMPC).

Consider the simple instruction given to Moses for a problem of such magnitude! It didn’t make “common sense.” How could stretching forth your rod over the sea make any difference at such a critical time? But it did! Moses obeyed the instruction, the sea parted and the children of Israel walked through on dry ground. Hallelujah! God is still that way today. He gives simple instructions.

Also see the example of the Master: He said to a man with a withered arm, “...Stretch forth thine hand…” (Matthew 12:13). How could the man stretch forth the same hand that was withered? He could have complained, “Sir, can’t you see it’s withered?” But he didn’t; rather, he acted on that simple instruction and the Bible says the hand “was restored whole, like as the other.”

An instruction from the Lord, however simple, is for your benefit. When you’re in church for example, a consciousness of the presence of the Holy Spirit is so important. When instructions are given, comply. God always seeks opportunities to bless and improve our lives from glory to glory and many of such blessings are packaged in simple instructions of the Spirit.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for the counsel I receive from your Word. My heart is attentive to the instructions from your Word and the Holy Spirit. Your guidance puts me over circumstances and challenges of life, to lead me in the path of success, victory, excellence and glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Proverbs 4:13 Take fast hold of instruction; let [her] not go: keep her; for she [is] thy life. ||

|| Proverbs 8:10 Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold. ||

|| 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 20:1-16 & Job 19-21

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Galatians 2:3-12 & Isaiah 29

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2020
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES
FRIDAY 10
LOOK BEYOND YOUR PAST
Pastor Chris

Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing… (Isaiah 43:18-19).

Many gripe and grumble about their past, weighed down by the mistakes of yesterday, instead of looking at the future with the hope and opportunities it presents for greater success. It makes no difference what was said, done or written against you yesterday; see your bright and glorious future ahead. Focus on the present and the future.

Those who live in yesterday are often frustrated and can’t experience true joy. In your relationships, refuse to focus on the mistakes and misgivings of yesterday. There’s no beauty or glory in yesterday; therefore, refuse to live your life on the basis of yesterday’s experiences.

Someone may say, “Now that I have this new job, I don’t want what happened to me in the past to happen again. I’m going to be very careful.” Then, as a result of being too careful to avoid whatever negative experience they might have had in the past, their productivity falls short of their actual capacity. Their best is unseen and unheard because they’ve allowed their past experiences to guide their lives.

Let the Word of God, not your past experiences, guide you. Be inspired by the joy and inspiration of a better and more glorious tomorrow. Our theme verse says, “Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old....” What’s that terrible experience that wouldn’t leave your mind? Let it go!

Neither the accomplishments nor failures of yesterday should make you a captive of your past. Rather, armed with the Word and with faith in your heart, apprehend the glorious future the Lord has ordained for you, and He’ll do new and greater things through you.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for renewing my mind through your Word and enlightening my spirit to see and walk in my glorious future. I refuse to be held back by yesterday’s experiences, for my path is as a shining light, shining brighter and brighter, for your glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Isaiah 43:18-19 NIV; Philippians 3:13-14

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Acts 20:17-38 & Job 22-24

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Galatians 2:13-21 & Isaiah 30

EXCERPT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:04pm On Jul 14, 2020
Invigorated By The Holy Ghost
Tuesday, July 14th

For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man (Ephesians 3:14-16).

In our theme Scripture, the Apostle Paul, by the Spirit, prayed for the Christians in Ephesus to be strengthened with might in their inner man. If Paul prayed thus for them, it must mean that he knew what it meant to be strengthened and must have been strengthened himself. Therefore, he wasn’t trying to get God to fulfil a promise or do something that we don’t already have as Christians.

Why then did Paul pray for the saints in Ephesus that way? It was because the people hadn’t come to the full knowledge of the divine might at work in them by reason of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. It was more of getting them to be conscious of the divine energy, the supernatural might of the Spirit inherent in them. This “strengthening” wasn’t coming from Heaven; it’s by the Spirit of God that’s already inside them. He wanted them to understand the ministry of the Holy Spirit inside them and walk in His might.

There’s a Spirit inside you that invigorates you. That Spirit gives you supernatural power, the ability to perform. Hallelujah! This is why you must never confess or accept that you’re weak. There’s no weakness in your life, for the Holy Spirit, the embodiment of all glory, dominion and strength, lives in you in His fullness. No part of your body is available for sickness, disease, infirmity, or to the devil. The Holy Spirit in you keeps your spirit, soul and body invigorated and ever alive.

Romans 8:11 declares, “But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.” This is no longer a promise but a present-hour reality. Glory to God!

Confession

*Every fibre of my being is energised and infused with miracle-working ability. I’m strengthened and invigorated by the Holy Spirit in my inner man, thereby competent for any task. I’m conscious of, and function with His divine power that works in me mightily. Hallelujah!^

Further Study:

Ephesians 6:10 AMPC
“In conclusion, be strong in the Lord [be empowered through your union with Him]; draw your strength from Him [that strength which His boundless might provides].”

Philippians 4:13
“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

Colossians 1:9-11
“For this cause we also, since the day we heard [it], do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;”

Acts 22:22-23:1-11;
Job 36-39

Galatians 4:1-11;
Isaiah 34

Extract From Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:56pm On Jul 15, 2020
PROSPERING THROUGH THE WORD .
Wednesday, July 15th .
Pastor Chris

And the elders of the Jews builded, and they prospered through the prophesying of Haggai the prophet and Zechariah the son of Iddo. And they builded, and finished it, according to the commandment of the God of Israel, and according to the commandment of Cyrus, and Darius, and Artaxerxes king of Persia (Ezra 6:14).

The New International Version renders the verse above thus, “So the elders of the Jews continued to build and prosper UNDER THE PREACHING of Haggai the prophet and Zechariah, a descendant of Iddo….” Notice the underlined words in the verse. Those two prophets—Haggai and Zechariah—brought them the Word of God. And the result was the encouragement of the people, and they grew and multiplied.

That’s amazing. It tells us the place of the Word—the importance and transforming power of God’s Word. It makes no difference if you’re into business or you’re a student; irrespective of your vocation, you need the Word for your life. There’s no substitute for that. You have to keep learning and meditating on the Word of God for guidance, encouragement and strength. Through the ministry of the Word, the wisdom and skill you require for your next level are imparted to you. The Word helps to build your spirit strong, so you can face anything and win in any situation.

God surely does have a plan for your success; He’s made adequate provision for your prosperity, but He doesn’t do anything outside of His Word. In 3 John 1:2, He said, “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.” Your soul prospers through conscious meditation on the Word.

CONFESSION
I’m yielded to the ministry of the Word of God in my life. I’m the seed of Abraham, blessed to be a blessing, and I prosper by the Word, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 Timothy 4:15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. ||

|| Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 23:12-35 & Job 40-42

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Galatians 4:12-20 & Isaiah 35.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2020
DOMINION OVER DEATH .
Monday, July 27th .
Pastor Chris

Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him (Romans 6:9).

The scripture above is one of the most amazing verses in all of Romans 6 because of its implications. It doesn’t say, “Knowing that JESUS being raised from the dead dieth no more…”; rather, it says, “…CHRIST being raised from the dead dieth no more….” The Question is, who is Christ?

Christ is Jesus and His body—the Church! Jesus is the head, and the Church is His body. The head and the body form Christ. When it’s personalized, it’s “Jesus.” In certain cases, a title is added to it to call Him “Jesus Christ” or “Christ Jesus.” But every time you’re studying the New Testament and you see “Christ”, except the context dictates otherwise, it means Jesus and the Church, His body.

If death has no more dominion over the head, it doesn’t have dominion over the hand, over the legs or any other part of the body. Verse 10 says, “For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.” What a verse! You ought to read this and declare, “I’m alive from the dead!” Have that consciousness!

Death has no dominion over you because through Jesus Christ, you have eternal life; you’ve been brought into life and immortality (2 Timothy 1:10). Therefore, be fearless, for death has been paralysed; defeated by Jesus. Hebrews 2:14-15 says, “Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.”

When Jesus defeated death, we were in Him. Together with Him, we’ve triumphed over death and the grave. No wonder it says in 1 Corinthians 15:54-55, “…Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?”

CONFESSION
I’m crucified with Christ, nevertheless, I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God! I’m free from sin and death. I’m a partaker of the divine nature! Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 Corinthians 15:55-57 O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory? 56 The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law. 57 But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. ||

|| Romans 8:1-2 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. ||

|| John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Romans 2 & Psalms 38-41

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Ephesians 3:13-21 & Isaiah 47.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional​​
​​Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD
Friday, 31st July 2020.
HIS POWER, GLORY AND RIGHTEOUSNESS

"O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary" (Psalm 63:1-2).

Even though the glory of God and the power of God are interchangeably used in Scripture sometimes, they're not exactly the same. For example, when Moses was asked of the Lord to talk to the rock, what God wanted was for His glory to be manifested. But Moses struck the rock, and God's power was manifested.

However, from God's response to Moses, we know He wasn't pleased because He reprimanded Moses by saying, "You didn't glorify me before the people" (Numbers 20:11-12). So, here's the point: the glory is greater than the power because the glory includes not only the power of God but also the grace and righteousness of God. The glory of God, actually, is the term that encapsulates all of His splendor and His righteousness. He manifests His righteousness in His glory.

His power is manifested through us to accomplish His purpose. Nonetheless, that power could be abused as Paul indicates in 1 Corinthians 9:18: "What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel." Thus, it's possible for someone to misuse the power of God but you can never misuse the glory of God.

Always, what God wants is for us to manifest His glory, and to do that, you have to walk in His grace and in His righteousness as well; they all go together.

PRAYER
Thank you Lord, for you've made me a light in a dark world, and my light shines everywhere. I impact my world, not only with your power, but with your glory, righteousness, wisdom and love today and always, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

*FURTHER STUDY:
John 2:11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

Matthew 6:13b .... For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

1 Peter 2:9 AMPC But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God's] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan : Romans 5:12-21 & Psalms 52-55

2 Year Bible Reading Plan : Ephesians 4:25-32 & Isaiah 51
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:23pm On Aug 02, 2020
Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional​​

​​Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD

Sunday, 2nd August 2020.

EXAMINE YOUR OWN FAITH .

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves… (2 Corinthians 13:5).

There’re those who think the Lord permits calamities or is responsible for misfortunes that people suffer. It’s like the fellow who lamented, “I’m out serving God, working for Him every day; yet, He allowed the devil to kill my baby.” But that can’t be true! The Lord isn’t responsible for evil or the mishaps that people experience; it’s not consistent with His nature. He is love personified; there’s no darkness in Him.

Whatever you may have suffered that’s inconsistent with the provisions of Christ in His Gospel, didn’t come from God. Life is spiritual and you’re responsible for your life—the things that happen with you. It’s about your faith and how you use it. Jesus said in Matthew 17:20, “…If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.” This is a sovereign declaration; the question is, what are you doing with your faith? How are you putting your faith to work?

The Bible says, “Now the just shall live by faith…” (Hebrews 10:38). Using your faith to deal with the crises of life every day is your responsibility. James 1:22 says, “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” That’s the key; doing the Word. You act your faith by “doing” the Word; we’re Word practitioners.

If things aren’t working out as you expect them to, the fault isn’t with God, for He is perfect. Since He’s perfect, then you have to check elsewhere for what might have gone wrong. It could be that you didn’t understand Him or His Word well enough. Perhaps you didn’t do exactly what He said; or maybe your timing was wrong. Therefore, the right thing to do will be to examine your own faith as read in our theme verse.

The life of faith given to us isn’t a deception. The Lord isn’t hiding behind faith so He wouldn’t do what He said He’d do. Faith always works. If it didn’t work, then it wasn’t faith. Keep growing your faith by increasing your knowledge of the Word.

PRAYER

Dear Father, you’re perfect and in you there’s no variableness, neither shadow of turning. I take charge of my life, growing my faith through the Word and strengthening it by use. I thus produce victories and triumphs in every situation and circumstance, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Psalm 18:30 [As for] God, his way [is] perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he [is] a buckler to all those that trust in him.

2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in him [are] yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

1 Year ear Bible Reading Plan : Romans 6:15-7:1-6 & Psalms 60-63

2 Year Bible Reading Plan : Ephesians 5:9-16 & Isaiah 53
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:06pm On Aug 11, 2020
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DEVOTIONAL, TUESDAY 11TH AUGUST, 2020.

FAITHFULNESS IN SERVICE

Tuesday, 11th August.
Pst Chris.

"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily,
as to the Lord, and not unto men
(Colossians 3:23).

Each one of us is called to fulfil a unique role in Christ; we all have varied assignments given to us by God. It was the same in Bible days. Some assignments could be greater or more far-reaching than others, but how you perform in your assignment is judged by your faithfulness.The Lord will judge and
reward you on the basis of your faithfulness in service, in the assignment given to you, not the one given to someone else.

Remember, He’s the One who gives you the ability to do whatever He assigns to you. If He gave you more to do than someone else, He doesn’t think that makes you greater as a person; it’s about His placement and choice. So, it matters that you’re diligent in carrying out what He’s assigned to you.

Proverbs 22:29 says, “Seest thou a man diligent
in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.” Take God’s admonition in our theme verse to heart; whatsoever you do, do it
heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.

If you serve the Lord as though you’re serving man, whatever reward you get won’t go beyond this world. Therefore, whatever assignment God gives you in His Kingdom, do it with joy, passion, and with faith, as unto the Lord. Practise it, and you’d be amazed at the demonstration of His grace in your life. Amen.

PRAYER

Precious Father, I thank you for the honour and privilege to fulfil destiny in serving as a faithful
steward and minister of your Gospel of grace. I do all things as unto you, producing outstanding results for your glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

2 Chronicles 31:20-21;
"20. And thus did Hezekiah throughout all Judah, and wrought that which was good and right and truth before the Lord his God. 21.And in every work that he began in the service of the house of God, and in the law, and in the commandments, to seek his God, he did it with all his heart, and prospered."

Ephesians 6:5-9;
"5.Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; 6.Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; 7.With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: 8.Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free. 9.And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him."

Colossians 3:17
"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him."

DAILY SCRIPUTURE READING

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Romans 12:17-13:1-14 & Psalms 89.

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Philippians 1:23-30 & Isaiah 62.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 254
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.