Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog (5961 Views)

I Will Design A Standard Wordpress Adsense Niche Blog / Is It Ok To Have A Multi Niche Blog? / Which Is More Profitable Between Owning A Website And Owning A Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by olayiwola4u(m): 1:05pm On Jul 20, 2017
successincentiv:
I will always tell you to go for a niche blog.

Niche blog will make you an authority

You are on point successincentiv.

In addition, it is IMPOSSIBLE to be an authority on multiple niches at the same time.
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by olayiwola4u(m): 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Good one, wizzyclan. Op you can still do multi niches if you are sure of growing readers. If you have a large subscription base and fanbase on social media it would work.

Multiple niche is better for a forum than for a blog
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by olayiwola4u(m): 1:19pm On Jul 20, 2017
pauljumbo:
Both of them is profitable
Once you decide to work hard and be patient you will always succeed with both.
Mind you, you can't erect a SKYSCRAPER on a faulty foundation.
So, it is better to get it right at the outset of your blogging business.
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by pauljumbo: 1:22pm On Jul 20, 2017
olayiwola4u:

Mind you, you can't erect a SKYSCRAPER on a faulty foundation.

So, it is better to get it right at the outset of your blogging business.

What exactly you mean by faulty foundation
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by olayiwola4u(m): 1:34pm On Jul 20, 2017
mazinoweb:
Multiple niche is not easy except you have authors..I prefer niche blogging http://domaindome.org

To say it's not easy is an understatement...

IT IS CUMBERSOME AND FRUSTRATING.
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by merismen21: 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2017
Please I need recommendations on a niece blogger theme for my blog
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by olayiwola4u(m): 1:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
Sanchez01:
One major problem with multi niche blogs is that they require a whole lot of effort than single niche blogs.

Concerning SEO, it would be better you stay within a niche and become a force therein rather than push yourself unnecessarily into copying and pasting as the demands with multi niche blogs.

A pitfall, however, would be monetization. Certain niches are more profitable than others and just in case your niche of interest is one with little earnings, you would need to concentrate on growing your fan base than those who do health/tech niches, save people contact you to advertise on your blog.

Either way, it is better to focus on a niche. You would know so much in little or know time since your attention would not be divided.

Yep, you are on point...

A divided attention in blogging business will lead to a total income DIVIDED by two(2).
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by olayiwola4u(m): 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
ibietela2:
I cover all Health topics
Ibietela, it means you are not into niche marketing...
You are building an authority blog.
Hope you are the patient type?
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by olayiwola4u(m): 2:01pm On Jul 20, 2017
celebtalk:
Please is www.nigerianinfopedia.com a multi niche blog?

Celebtalk, I'm surprised you are asking that question as a blogger.
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by olayiwola4u(m): 2:07pm On Jul 20, 2017
Mayor38:
I think with hardwork both are very profitable

The same measure of hardwork for the two fields will yield different result.

Surprisingly, 100% hardwork for single niche yield better result than 100% hardwork for multiple niche...that is why we have more of niche blog all over the world than multiple niche blog
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by olayiwola4u(m): 2:25pm On Jul 20, 2017
RapportNaija:
If you can generate millions of traffic, multi niche not bad. You do not worry about SEO because traffic itself will push you to become an authority blog. Eg. Punchnh, Vabguardngr... They post anything from news to tips...

But if u dont have money to invest, better stick to one niche and do SEO like mad... Eg. Ogbongeblog

For multi, u got to depend on Ads to make money.

For single, when u get a good DA and PA, you can then do CPA/affiliate marketing, accept dedicated sponsored guest posts and all...

My take, do whatever works for you!

I've never seen an authority blog on multiple niche...and this is my 9 YEARS DOING ONLINE BUSINESS AS A TRAINED INTERNET MARKETER.

I stand to be corrected...let me know if you see any.
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by olayiwola4u(m): 2:27pm On Jul 20, 2017
CelestineC:
Single niche still rocks more these days

However there are still a lot of other factors e.g
A single niche without original contents is rubbish
Celestine, that's all blogger needs to know.
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by olayiwola4u(m): 2:32pm On Jul 20, 2017
CosmicJames:
À multi-purpose blog is more profitable than single purpose blog. When you go niche, you limit yourself and the amount of traffic you are capable of getting as well as the money you can be making.

Note: Whether niche or multi-purpose, no one is easy to start from scratch and grow to become very popular. Infact, à multi-purpose blog seems easier to build than a niche blog as you can post vertually anything on the site.

I'm currently building a social network that I initially wanted to make it niche purpose.
But after a careful considération of the fact that I was limiting myself by creating a niche site, and the fact that I can become a giant social site in the future if I go multi-purpose, I decided to change my focus from niche social network to multi-purpose social network.

You will make better decisions if you project Manu years into the future while making that decision -- CosmicJames

My advice:instead of putting so much efforts in building a niche blog for Google to rank it in top search result, put that same efforts on building a multi-purpose blog and load it with unlimited contents for human consumtion. Don't build à site for Google, build it for human beings.
Google is a Robot.

Want to see my multi-purpose social network ?
Here is the link:
www.kikimat.com

Cosmic james, I will like to know how you analysed all the blogs you know before arriving at that conclusion...that multiple niche blogs are more profitable than single niche.

That is highest myth I've ever come across on blogging industry.
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by olayiwola4u(m): 2:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
Omagzee:
Nice topic. I opened a blog lately and I talk about photography and Vidoegraphy practises and techniques in Nigeria. Guys check it out for me please, what do you think?

www.fototech.com.ng

I will check it sooner than later so that I can critique it for you.

You're welcome to the biggest online industry.
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by olayiwola4u(m): 2:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
Innov8ve1:
the way people here are talking about google algorithms you'd think they were part of the team that created google panda. There are many top blogs that are multiniche and also single niche. you cant write off former because of seo algorithms. if you put in much effort into your blogging career either as a single niche or multi niche, you'll be successful.

i blog at www.naijadailyfeed.com

...That is an opinion, not a fact based on statistics.
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
olayiwola4u:

I will check it sooner than later so that I can critique it for you.

You're welcome to the biggest online industry.

Please do o, I am really looking for someone to check it out and blast me so I can go back and put it in order
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by olayiwola4u(m): 2:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
spafu:
Came to learn
Ok Spafu, you're welcome
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by olayiwola4u(m): 2:57pm On Jul 20, 2017
Omagzee:

Please do o, I am really looking for someone to check it out and blast me so I can go back and put it in order

Haaaaaa, blast? Common Omagzee...it is just CRITIQUE ... NOT CRTITICIZE.
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by paulsir: 2:58pm On Jul 20, 2017
anyone interested in clubfier.com?
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by bedfordng(m): 3:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
it all depends on your resources and choice in managing the niche site, be it single or multi.
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2017
olayiwola4u:

Haaaaaa, blast? Common Omagzee...it is just CRITIQUE ... NOT CRTITICIZE.

Heheheh, ok, I am waiting o
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by ibietela2(m): 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2017
olayiwola4u:

I have been on it since 2012 December.
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by ibietela2(m): 3:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
pseenzu:
someone should help with a good web hosting site without no transferring of domain name in nigeria

You don't need to transfer domain
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by ibietela2(m): 3:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
olayiwola4u:

www.healthable.org is a Multi purpose health blog, i cover everything on health, recently i want to include lifestyle, relationships just like Huffingtonpost, sheknows and the rest
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by ibietela2(m): 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2017
olayiwola4u:

I've never seen an authority blog on multiple niche...and this is my 9 YEARS DOING ONLINE BUSINESS AS A TRAINED INTERNET MARKETER.

I stand to be corrected...let me know if you see any.

Huffingtonpost, buzzfeed, distractify, thenextweb, Healthable (health), sheknows, upworthy, etc
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by ibietela2(m): 3:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
Omagzee:

Ok
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by ibietela2(m): 3:50pm On Jul 20, 2017
Now let me say mine....

I started blogging in 2010, infact my blogs are my business (also learning web development).

Multi niche like Huffingtonpost or single niche phoneyarn.com depending on you work and the competition involved you can still make it.

Multi niche can be divided into two the lifestyle niche (buzzfeed, Huffingtonpost) or Healthable, healthline, WebMD
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by chinawapz(m): 6:28pm On Jul 20, 2017
Magicdon:

Please i need ur assistance on my blog. I applied Google adsense and i was given some instructions on wat to do. U can take a look at my blog n tell me wat to do
Contact me
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by CosmicJames(m): 8:20pm On Jul 20, 2017
olayiwola4u:

Cosmic james, I will like to know how you analysed all the blogs you know before arriving at that conclusion...that multiple niche blogs are more profitable than single niche.

That is highest myth I've ever come across on blogging industry.

The key points of my post is the amount of effort that goes into building a site whether big or small.
Is it only authority niche blog that you've seen?
How about niche blog that goes no where and nobody hears or knows about them?
What happened to those niche blog that are unknown?
If you can answer this question correctly, then you will get the post of my post better.
I don't look at what others have done to copy exactly after them. I do look at possibilities, even if it appears impossible to the natural eyes.

If you think a multi-purpose niche blog can't be successful, then you will most likely fail at it because success is in our mentality.
99.9% of today's possibilities were yesterday's impossibilities. But some people sat down and think of how to make it possible then today, we are all enjoying them.

You are actually looking at what others have done. In that case you shouldn't have opened this thread in the first place since you are looking at what others have done and how successful they are. You should have just follow suit and save us the stress. If you are expecting me to advise you based on what has already been done, then I will fail to deliver because I usually free myself when I'm thinking.

I may sound differently but the truth is that this is how I think and do things. I always think possible even if nobody have done it before. This kind of thinking comes with it own share of challenge and difficulties
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by Rick9(m): 9:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
I still feel that, the best way to blog is to blog about sth u know about.
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by hsbahri: 9:21pm On Jul 20, 2017
I would say it actually depends upon the command the person might have. You would have promote your blog accordingly and make sure you use the right keywords, then you can rank on a multi niche blog as well. The only advantage you get on a single niche blog is since, you are focussed on one thing your domain would be reflecting a lot of same keywords to Google making it easier to rank for you. You might want to look at https://www.thebuzzstand.com/blog-promotion . I have my website focussed on multiple niche and my audience is actually being directed at the right page for the niche they might have searched.
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by CelestineC(m): 5:28am On Jul 21, 2017
Yes

btw, I sent you a message on whatsapp but it appears you have not been on there in like forever
olayiwola4u:

Celestine, that's all blogger needs to know.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cash Awoof Registration Guide: How To Register And Make ₦200,000 Monthly / How To Activate Airtel Talkmore 5X Bonus Credit / :: Dhtml Framework Evolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.