Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

What Is The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Bible? (550 Views)

The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written / How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Bible? by Chuukwudi(m): 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2017
Anyone who knows the history and origin of the Bible should elucidate me a little. Is the Scripture different from the Bible?

Is the Bible true and free from errors?

Where some parts of it exaggerated.

Who took it upon himself to decide which of the written books should be included in the Bible compilation & and which one of them shouldn't?

Who handled such a responsibility, and decided which part of the torah, messages and gospels to compile?
Where they humans? Where they biased ?

Some contrary accounts existing independently about a particular biblical happening, why were they?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bible? by laurel03(m): 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2017
google.com
Re: What Is The Bible? by Wilgrea7(m): 7:46pm On Jul 19, 2017
Chuukwudi:
Anyone who knows the history and origin of the Bible should elucidate me a little. Is the Scripture different from the Bible?
the scriptures are written letters... the bible is a collection of several letters.. we have Jewish bible.. Christian bible(the one you see nowadays).. Catholic bible.. etc

Is the Bible true and free from errors?
if the Bible is true.. i can't answer that question for sure.. it depends on what you take the message of the bible to be... different books have different messages.. both the ones in and out of the Bible

Where some parts of it exaggerated.
please expatiate... i don't quite get you here

Who took it upon himself to decide which of the written books should be included in the Bible compilation & and which one of them shouldn't?

Who handled such a responsibility, and decided which part of the torah, messages and gospels to compile?

i don't know much about the Torah.. its probably the same system used for the entire Christian Canon.. different groups of people or councils decided on what books to be included.... some books were initially accepted then later rejected e.g book of enoch.. some were initially rejected and later accepted e.g revelations.. some books were accepted by some councils and rejected by others... i think the Apocrypha falls under this category

Where they humans? Where they biased ?
of course they were humans.. biased? i can't say much there

Some contrary accounts existing independently about a particular biblical happening, why were they?
psuedograpical letters were also written... pseudographies seem to tell a story on something but when criticized or put up against certain factors

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bible? by Chuukwudi(m): 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
Where some parts of it exaggerated?

Here, I meant... If some things were modified to suit the desires of a specific group of people and not as raw and original as it was at the very beginning.

Thank you Wilgrea7

(1) (Reply)

The Most Common Misconception About Prayer That Need To Be Corrected / Checkout This Church Marriage List (pic) / Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.