Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,968 members, 7,806,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? (3107 Views)

Dobberman Pinscher Puppy For Sale / I want to buy a German Shepard dog between 10-20k . Location Awka. / Female Rott, White GSD, Black/tan German Shepherd And Cauc Pups Urgently Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? by UrennaNkoli(f): 9:44pm On Jul 19, 2017
I'll be importing one of these 2 soon from an agent.

Which is better for home security and please state your reasons.
Re: Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? by BomboyOnline: 10:11pm On Jul 19, 2017
They are both good dogs, it just depends on what you are looking for in a dog.

Here are some differences, I hope this helps you in making your decision:

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-differences-between-a-Doberman-and-a-German-Shepherd
Re: Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? by Teeboy260: 6:39am On Jul 20, 2017
German shepherd are better when it come to security and the are very loyal
Re: Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? by welzyj2(m): 11:06am On Jul 20, 2017
Teeboy260:
German shepherd are better when it come to security and the are very loyal

Dobbie is far better than GSD according to the parameters you pointed out. Read more online.
Re: Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? by souls1k: 4:06pm On Jul 20, 2017
Hey everyone,
There's a new online platform for all pets, livestock and other animals. you can get anything your pet needs from food to drugs and accessories.
visit poultrysupport.com

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? by UrennaNkoli(f): 9:51pm On Jul 24, 2017
welzyj2:

Dobbie is far better than GSD according to the parameters you pointed out. Read more online.
I think a dobbie is better but can be difficult to handle
Moreover its regarded as a very dangerous breed
Re: Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? by Greene66: 10:43pm On Jul 24, 2017
UrennaNkoli:

ALL dogs are dangerous if they are given reason to be dangerous. I have seen a Dobberman that is as gentle as Baby Doll and i have seen a local dog that is as wild as a lion. The point is, TRAINING!

I advise you go for a dog you would BE HAPPY to have! A dog your heart wants. Then you can train him/her/it into anything you want it to be.

However, if i am to recommend for you, i would recommend of course, the German Shepherd Dog. Its loyal, Baby Friendly and loves to relate with family also easy to handle and train. A dog that loves you that much will kill for you. My GSD has fought bigger dogs like Rottweilers and So on.. It has even killed another dog. So its what you train it to be. I love GSD, i plan to have a pack of 8 in my house(i have 4 dogs now) so what do you love? smiley

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? by welzyj2(m): 7:00am On Jul 25, 2017
UrennaNkoli:

Dobbie isn't dangerous but not advisable for first time owners.
Re: Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? by oluomoadebayo: 8:17pm On Jul 26, 2017
I would liked to advice the OP from my own real life experience

No dog will protect you for real unless you train him. As for the aforementioned breeds, both of them are working dogs that is capable of security services but you have to select from the right bloodline instead of buying at radom. Both GSD and Dobbie has a show line category and you have to stay away from that .

Personally, I will choose a GSD over Dobberman because they have better health advantage and more solid in protection work.

Let me know if you need anymore information.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? by KingOvoramwen1(m): 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2017
Greene66:

ALL dogs are dangerous if they are given reason to be dangerous. I have seen a Dobberman that is as gentle as Baby Doll and i have seen a local dog that is as wild as a lion. The point is, TRAINING!

I advise you go for a dog you would BE HAPPY to have! A dog your heart wants. Then you can train him/her/it into anything you want it to be.

However, if i am to recommend for you, i would recommend of course, the German Shepherd Dog. Its loyal, Baby Friendly and loves to relate with family also easy to handle and train. A dog that loves you that much will kill for you. My GSD has fought bigger dogs like Rottweilers and So on.. It has even killed another dog. So its what you train it to be. I love GSD, i plan to have a pack of 8 in my house(i have 4 dogs now) so what do you love? smiley

I have been reading your statements and I have come to the conclusion that you have issues, and I sincerely hope that your useless dog kills a human next I would be the one to personal throw you in jail
Re: Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? by Greene66: 4:05am On Aug 27, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

I have been reading your statements and I have come to the conclusion that you have issues, and I sincerely hope that your useless dog kills a human next I would be the one to personal throw you in jail

Really? I'd be glad you throw me in jail smiley

1. Humans have no business in my abode

2. External pets have no business in my abode

3. My abode Consist of 6. Myself, my partner and 4 dogs.. So if you break into my compound to harm me, and my dogs maul you to shreds In defense, please take me to jail while explaining what you came to my compound for. OK?

Now run along....

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? by KingOvoramwen1(m): 6:09am On Aug 27, 2017
Greene66:

3. My abode Consist of 6. Myself, my partner and 4 dogs.. So if you break into my compound to harm me, and my dogs maul you to shreds In defense, please take me to jail while explaining what you came to my compound for. OK?

Now run along....

I bet the so called partner of yours is one of your useless dogs too lol.

You have a very irritating character , your posts on NAIRALAND says that much
Re: Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? by KingOvoramwen1(m): 6:09am On Aug 27, 2017
Greene66:

Now run along....

I bet the so called partner of yours is one of your useless dogs too lol.

You have a very irritating character , your posts on NAIRALAND says that much
Re: Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? by youngreva(m): 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2017
don't listen to all those people advising to to get a gsd,gsds this days are adulterated and have lost their working abilities,most gsds i know are not wicked they are just liike local dogs...but if you want to get a good Gsd,get a DDR those are the true working gsds.

dobberman makes excelent guard dog when compared to the gsd,and they are not as adultrated as the gsd so choose wisely
Re: Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? by Queerworld(m): 8:45pm On Aug 28, 2017
Bros German shepherds are better. From experience I can easily tell u how very loyal they are... I have almost 7 with another one pregnant right now, and I will tell u they are the best companion u can have. Take them on a walk and u will HV a reason to be on top of the world. To cut the long epistle short, I HV Caucasians, boerboel a mastiff and German shepherds. But I will tell u the gsd are just the best

Re: Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? by 14teenK: 9:29pm On Aug 28, 2017
youngreva:
don't listen to all those people advising to to get a gsd,gsds this days are adulterated and have lost their working abilities,most gsds i know are not wicked they are just liike local dogs...but if you want to get a good Gsd,get a DDR those are the true working gsds.

dobberman makes excelent guard dog when compared to the gsd,and they are not as adultrated as the gsd so choose wisely
bro you have to make proper researchs before getting a dog.. ...you can't buy a gsd for 20-30k and expect it not to be adulterated....aside ddrs their are still proper Gsd that are intact
Re: Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? by Coolkid11(m): 1:59pm On Jul 14, 2020
For security Doberman for a normal best friend house dog Doberman can do that to but also German Shepard
Re: Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? by gman55(m): 4:27pm On Jul 19, 2020
If you getting a dog for security purpose, you can as well consider a Belgium Malinois.
They are workline breed. If you bucks up, you can contact a Nairlander, he has some of the best in the country, well trained for that purpose.
Re: Which Is The Better Dog Between A German Shepherd And A Dobberman Pinscher ? by prosper87: 7:26am On Jul 20, 2020
this thread reminds me of my late dobberman Julie. I miss her so much she was the best companion and security dog anyone could have I loved her like I love myself. rip Julie cry

(1) (Reply)

Wana Buy A Doberman Pinscher, Anybody In D Haus Wit A Pure Breed / Adorable 13weeks but now 17weeks Old Pedigree Female Rottweiler Are Available. / Male Silver German Shepherd Dog Available For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.