Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,218 members, 7,807,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds (42986 Views)

Breakdown Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Jewelry Forfeited To FG / Photos Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Jewelry, Gold Iphone Forfeited To FG / Diezani Alison-Madueke At An African Store In London Today? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by higherpower: 1:16am On Jul 20, 2017
The Federal High Court in Lagos on Wednesday ordered the temporary forfeiture of a property at Banana Island, Lagos, reportedly bought for $37.5m in 2013 by a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke.

The property, designated as Building 3, Block B, Bella Vista Plot 1, Zone N, Federal Government Layout, Banana Island Foreshore Estate, has 24 apartments, 18 flats and six penthouses, according to court papers presented on Wednesday by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

Apart from the property, the court also ordered the temporary forfeiture of the sums of $2,740,197.96 and N84,537,840.70, said to be part of the rent collected on the property.

The funds were said to have been found in a Zenith Bank account number 1013612486.

Justice Chuka Obiozor ordered the temporary forfeiture on Wednesday, following an ex parte application to that effect brought before him by a counsel for the EFCC, Mr. Anselem Ozioko.

Ozioko had told the judge that the EFCC “reasonably suspected that the property was acquired with proceeds of alleged unlawful activities of Diezani.”

The lawyer said investigations by the EFCC revealed that Diezani made the $37.5m payment for the purchase of the property in cash, adding that the money was moved straight from her house in Abuja and paid into the seller’s First Bank account in Abuja.

“Nothing could be more suspicious than someone keeping such huge amounts in her apartment. Why was she doing that? To avoid attention.

“We are convinced beyond reasonable doubts because, as of the time this happened, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke was still in public service as the Minister of Petroleum Resources,” Ozioko told the court.

The ex parte application taken before the judge was filed pursuant to Section 17 of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Related Offences Act, No. 14, 2006 and Section 44(2)(k) of the Constitution.

Listed as respondents in the application were Diezani; a legal practitioner, Afamefuna Nwokedi; and a company, Rusimpex Limited.

After listening to the EFCC lawyer on Wednesday, Justice Obiozor made an order temporarily seizing the property and the funds.

He directed that the order should be published in a national newspaper.

He adjourned the case till August 7, 2017 for anyone interested in the property and funds to appear before him.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/breaking-court-orders-interim-forfeiture-of-diezanis-assets/amp/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by agbangam: 1:34am On Jul 20, 2017
Na wa ooo, dis woman is d true definition of "STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION" cheesy
Like Abacha mentored dis lady from birth, if GEJ had been re-elected dis woman would have surpassed Abacha's record as d greatest looter of our generation. She just dey loot in hard/foreign currencies. GEJ u no try oo.

235 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by rusher14: 1:55am On Jul 20, 2017
That's why she jetted out of the country as soon as her Sugar Daddy lost power, claiming to be struck by cancer.

Anyway, stealing isn't corruption.

139 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by MediumStout(m): 4:22am On Jul 20, 2017
Chai sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by seunny4lif(m): 4:32am On Jul 20, 2017
Blood of Evans shocked shocked

26 Likes

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by Wantedmiller: 5:55am On Jul 20, 2017
if dezani owns that house, no doubt she is amu robber.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 20, 2017
Can someone put up picture of known ty danjumas highrise in the heart of V.i?

Can someone put up pictures of known atiku's highrise in the heart of V.i?

We fail to pursue people without and iota of career/business profile to check their massive wealth amassment but we dilly dally on that which have a track record of.. charge her to court and convict her period.

The moment Pdp's struggle comes to an end........ dieziani comes up all over the media..

Previous opec president
Prebious Minister - mines and steel
Previous minister - transportation
Previous Minister - Petroleum
High ranking - oil and gas coys board member international and local asides other sectors coys and member of their boards...
International accolades etc...

If kachikwu earned over $1m in mobil oil as Vp/mth, asides gifts and cashbacks, entitlements and PR. We are now talking about a woman who held positions miles ahead of that..

FAMFA oil and gas is the richest woman i guess, how did she amass her wealth, this is a woman who joined the oil and gas industry when dieziani was an ED with shell ?

We have not even asked questions about one time governors that turned multi billionaires and trillionaires or senators or old military men etc..

She might be guilty of crimes, charge her to court and win the case.. not all this propaganda here and there..

185 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by GambaOsaka: 5:59am On Jul 20, 2017
Esseite:
Can someone put up picture of ty danjumas highrise in the heart of V.i?

Can someone put up pictures of atiku's highrise in the heart of V.i?

What does that have to do with this?

We are talking about dieziani here.

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by Nobody: 6:01am On Jul 20, 2017
GambaOsaka:

What does that have to do with this?

We are talking about dieziani here.

Atleast dieziani has here career profile and anticidents... take her to court and convict her.. read the post above yours again..

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by azimibraun: 6:06am On Jul 20, 2017
Esseite:
Can someone put up picture of ty danjumas highrise in the heart of V.i?

Can someone put up pictures of atiku's highrise in the heart of V.i?

We are not on their matter just yet. Atiku and TY Danjuma. TY has not been in government since in the 70s and Atiku didn't. spend time as Governor, and was focused more on taking over power as president between 1999 and 2003. Let me agree with you just for the purpose of this argument that they both stole they have long multiplied that a million times and turned their monies to clean legit money. Nigeria as a country cannot afford investigations and prosecutorial money and time to go after them. When did TY and Atiku steal and when did Deziani steal? Computerised age and paper file era. You can't trace them so go after those you can. Simple.

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 20, 2017
azimibraun:
We are not on their matter just yet. Atiku and TY Danjuma. TY has not been in government since in the 70s and Atiku didn't. spend time as Governor, and was focused more on taking over power as president between 1999 and 2003. Let me agree with you just for the purpose of this argument that they both stole they have long multiplied that a million times and turned their monies to clean legit money. Nigeria as a country cannot afford investigations and prosecutorial money and time to go after them. When did TY and Atiku steal and when did Deziani steal? Computerised age and paper file era. You can't trace them so go after those you can. Simple.

Are you implying we should segregate on whom to charge against corruption?

According to your statement, what if the proceeds from her memberships of different boards and old time ministerial appointments was multiplied to what we are seeing today.. does she not have a case under your assumptions?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by bigass123(m): 6:15am On Jul 20, 2017
There won't be peace in this country until the commonwealth is shared fairly among the poor masses of this country. Nigeria can buoyantly afford food tickets for the old, orphans and indigents. We surely can afford social security across the 36 states. We certainly can build bigger and better roads, certainly we can afford electricity and have power 24/7... ONLY when we kill the monster called corruption.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by GambaOsaka: 6:16am On Jul 20, 2017
Esseite:

Atleast dieziani has here career profile and anticidents... take her to court and convict her.. read the post above yours again..

Career profile doesn't freak me. The fact is that she bought all these properties while she in office as Minister.
She can keep running, like her mule - Mr Kola Aluko, but she can't hide.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 20, 2017
GambaOsaka:

Career profile doesn't freak me. The fact is that she bought all these properties while she in office as Minister.
She can keep running, like her mule - Mr Kola Aluko, but she can't hide.

Well... its quite obvious from your statement you have an enveloped sealed assumptions...

So are you implying, if i wait to spend my alledged corruption proceeds after i leave office, i have been exonorated?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by GambaOsaka: 6:25am On Jul 20, 2017
Esseite:

Well... its quite obvious from your statement you have an enveloped sealed assumptions...

So if i wait to spend my alledged corruption proceeds after i leave office, i have been exonorated?

http://www.247nigerianewsupdate.co/2017/07/diezani-omokore-aluko-bribe-saga-us.html?m=1
Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by Optional2(f): 6:25am On Jul 20, 2017
so Nigeria have houses that cost $37.5m

na wa oh
God punish poverty.

Quick money in nigeria is to join politics

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by geozone: 6:30am On Jul 20, 2017
And we let her breathe still!. When would our politicians and political appointees realise that this degeneration they foster in the economy is evolving to a monster that will consume them and their families when mayhem is eventually let loose. No matter how far they run and claim second class citizenry in other lands there will always be something to bring them back to this carcas of a nation,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by Realdeals(m): 6:32am On Jul 20, 2017
Esseite:

Are you implying we should segregate on whom to charge against corruption?

According to your statement, what if the proceeds from her memberships of different boards and old time ministerial appointments was multiplied to what we are seeing today.. does she not have a case under your assumptions?
Your previous comment is illogical, you could have simply ask the police to release Evans because he's not the only kidnappers in Nigeria, at least it's some people that kidnapped the yet to be found Lagos school students.
Maybe armed robbers in prison should be set free because we still have armed robbers operating.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by MICHEALADEX(m): 6:39am On Jul 20, 2017
Have never seen this building on banana island before ooo hope it's not an imaginary structure.?

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by Oblang(m): 6:40am On Jul 20, 2017
Esseite:

We fail to pursue people without and iota of career/business profile to check their massive wealth amassment but we dilly dally on that which have a track record of.. charge her to court and convict her period.

The moment Pdp's struggle comes to an end........ dieziani comes up all over the media..

Previous opec president
High ranking - oil and gas coys board member international and local asides other sectors coys and member of their boards...

If kachikwu earned over $1m in mobil oil as Vp/mth, asides gifts and cashbacks, entitlements and PR. We are now talking about a woman who held positions miles ahead of that..

We have not even asked questions about one time governors that turned multi billionaires and trillionaires or senators or old military men etc..

She might be guilty of crimes, charge her to court and win the case.. not all this propaganda here and there..

And who says she has not bin charged to court?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by omowolewa: 6:53am On Jul 20, 2017
This woman should come out to defend her wealth or forever remain silent.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by genearts(m): 6:54am On Jul 20, 2017
Esseite:

Previous opec president

Did you even read the headline of this news?? A court ordering the seizure of ill gotten properties is propaganda?? What is wrong with some us in this country?? So because all kidnappers have not been caught, the police shouldd free the few ones that have been nabbed??

Sense fall on you bro

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 20, 2017
genearts:

Did you even read the headline of this news?? A court ordering the seizure of ill gotten properties is propaganda?? What is wrong with some us in this country?? So because all kidnappers have not been caught, the police shouldd free the few ones that have been nabbed??

Sense fall on you bro

Really.... am against corruption on all levels.. building and properties are not hard to find.. there are some notable corrupt people with such properties living a fulfilled life for years... are they immune to court cases?

11 Likes

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by genearts(m): 7:11am On Jul 20, 2017
Esseite:

Really.... am against corruption on all levels.. building and properties are not hard to find.. there are some notable corrupt people with such properties living a fulfilled life for years... are they immune to court cases?

Since those ones have not been caught, should that invalidate this?? Or we should wait till we catch all corrupt individuals then charge all of them to court at once right??

Like I said before, sense fall on you

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 20, 2017
genearts:

Since those ones have not been caught, should that invalidate this?? Or we should wait till we catch all corrupt individuals then charge all of them to court at once right??

Like I said before, sense fall on you

Really... "since those ones have not been caught"...

haba, you can do better.. your statement makes it seem we have people to go after and people not to..

I implore you to speak out on all forms of corruption despite whose ox may be gored. Its the reason we are stagnant in Nigeria..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by agbangam: 7:14am On Jul 20, 2017
Esseite:

Previous opec president

Cause of ur type i want to join politics so dat i cud steal,loot,embezzle and empty d nation treasury and when i am caught, I will start shouting media trial, dey are witch hunting me cos "I am a Christian, cos I am from Southeast" I will scream hausa pple want to kill me, dey want to Islamitize me and I am so sure gullible pple like u and ur likes will quickly support me just for little crumbs cheesy. U guys are just something else.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by hardywaltz(m): 7:15am On Jul 20, 2017
Frog eye's
Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 20, 2017
agbangam:

Cause of ur type i want to join politics so dat i cud steal,loot,embezzle and empty d nation treasury and when i am caught, I will start shouting media trial, dey are witch hunting me cos "I am a Christian, cos I am from Southeast" I will scream hausa pple want to kill me, dey want to Islamitize me and I am so sure gullible pple like u and ur likes will quickly support me just for little crumbs cheesy. U guys are just something else.

Well... no one mentioned all the above means of division you have stated, there is no tribalistic or ethnic tune to it..

It is visible to the eyes the proceeds of corruption that lay all about in the country, we even have those easiest and without track records.. wont it get us more mileage to consumate all that also alongside?

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by genearts(m): 7:21am On Jul 20, 2017
Esseite:

Really... "since those ones have not been caught"...

haba, you can do better.. your statement makes it seem we have people to go after and people not to..

I implore you to speak out on all forms of corruption despite whose ox may be gored. Its the reason we are stagnant in Nigeria..

Look at who is talking, here is a clear corruption case staring at you, you have not spoken against, you're even defending her telling us how she's better because she has held a lot of positions bla bla. Go and sit down you're just another pdp sympathizer suffering from inferiority complex

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by Grundig: 7:32am On Jul 20, 2017
I'm trying to imagine what diezani's husband thinks of her right now.

This must be disheartening.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Seizure Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Banana Island House, Funds by jpphilips(m): 7:35am On Jul 20, 2017
Esseite:

Previous opec president

You are a morally bankrupt illiterate

36 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To His Crashed Marriage Report By Sahara Reporters / Why Nigeria’s Refineries Will Never Work – Obasanjo / Jonathan Stops PDP’s Bid To Contest Buhari’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.