Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Secession A Threat To Nigeria's Democracy And A Temporary Solution To Nigeria' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Secession A Threat To Nigeria's Democracy And A Temporary Solution To Nigeria' (453 Views)

Against Secession : A Testament To Yoruba Leaders And The Promoters Of Oduduwa R / Against Secession : A Testament To Yoruba Leaders And The Promoters Of Oduduwa / Hon. Independence Ogunewe: Incalculable Loss To Nigeria's Democracy And Imolites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Secession A Threat To Nigeria's Democracy And A Temporary Solution To Nigeria' by Ajiboye2000(m): 8:11am On Jul 20, 2017
SECESSION A THREAT TO NIGERIA'S DEMOCRACY AND A TEMPORARY SOLUTION TO NIGERIA'S PROBLEM.
There has been lot of aspirations by different Groups in the country for secession most especially in the South East generally the Igbo Ethnic Group. Many are actually advocating for division of the country regionally and geographically for autonomy and self government.
As Nigeria's democracy is concerned, Secession is a threat on it. The rule and principle democracy is against any form of secession or break up. It makes me laugh a lot when I hear or read about the advocation of Nigeria's breakup because if the country is been divided each Segments will suffer in one aspect/sector or the other.
For instance, not all regions are endowed or blessed equally but each has her own comparative advantage over others. The region that lacks one thing must suffer.
From my own personal view, it is not that I am against Nigeria break up but it will only give a temporary solution to the country's problem while lasting/permanent solution should be aimed at. For truth sake, there is what will refer to as discrimination,political domination and ethnicity in the country from the realistic view.
Division of the country is not the best thing ever to think of due to it future regret and consequences. To some extent, I do admit that there is domination politically by some ethnic group. Another major issue is the ineffectiveness and inefficiency of the Federal Character Commission. I do believe the commission is no more independent and autonomous but politically manipulated and influenced. we can't see things that are been expected from them in their operations.
I am hereby appealing to the faithful Nigerians to be confidential in oneness and unity so as to move the country forward.
"Secession is not a lasting solution to Nigeria problem" let always hammer this quote on the hears of Nigerians. If we can neglect Racial Discrimination, Ethnicity and Religion differences but advocate for unity under an umbrella for a better Nigeria.
To make Nigeria one is a task that must be done. I am advising the Federal Government of Nigeria under the Sole administration of President Muhammed Buhari to send delegates and representatives to the grass root level to seek the opinion and consent of the mass. The people are ready to express their feelings i.e public opinion should be sought for.
Thanks, I remain Oluwatosin Oyewole Ajiboye.
Re: Secession A Threat To Nigeria's Democracy And A Temporary Solution To Nigeria' by cutepaul(m): 8:16am On Jul 20, 2017
Lemme park here
Re: Secession A Threat To Nigeria's Democracy And A Temporary Solution To Nigeria' by attackgat: 8:47am On Jul 20, 2017
Ajiboye2000:
SECESSION A THREAT TO NIGERIA'S DEMOCRACY AND A TEMPORARY SOLUTION TO NIGERIA'S PROBLEM.
There has been lot of aspirations by different Groups in the country for secession most especially in the South East generally the Igbo Ethnic Group. Many are actually advocating for division of the country regionally and geographically for autonomy and self government.
As Nigeria's democracy is concerned, Secession is a threat on it. The rule and principle democracy is against any form of secession or break up. It makes me laugh a lot when I hear or read about the advocation of Nigeria's breakup because if the country is been divided each Segments will suffer in one aspect/sector or the other.
For instance, not all regions are endowed or blessed equally but each has her own comparative advantage over others. The region that lacks one thing must suffer.
From my own personal view, it is not that I am against Nigeria break up but it will only give a temporary solution to the country's problem while lasting/permanent solution should be aimed at. For truth sake, there is what will refer to as discrimination,political domination and ethnicity in the country from the realistic view.
Division of the country is not the best thing ever to think of due to it future regret and consequences. To some extent, I do admit that there is domination politically by some ethnic group. Another major issue is the ineffectiveness and inefficiency of the Federal Character Commission. I do believe the commission is no more independent and autonomous but politically manipulated and influenced. we can't see things that are been expected from them in their operations.
I am hereby appealing to the faithful Nigerians to be confidential in oneness and unity so as to move the country forward.
"Secession is not a lasting solution to Nigeria problem" let always hammer this quote on the hears of Nigerians. If we can neglect Racial Discrimination, Ethnicity and Religion differences but advocate for unity under an umbrella for a better Nigeria.
To make Nigeria one is a task that must be done. I am advising the Federal Government of Nigeria under the Sole administration of President Muhammed Buhari to send delegates and representatives to the grass root level to seek the opinion and consent of the mass. The people are ready to express their feelings i.e public opinion should be sought for.
Thanks, I remain Oluwatosin Oyewole Ajiboye.

Nigeria is the mere colonial creation of the white man so lets stop pretending that it is our country

Before the white man came, what was your country?

The issue here is that some ethnic groups have never liked the way Lugard lumped them in Nigeria and have been agitating for a long time to get out.

Those ethnic groups should be allowed to go their way because ONE NIGERIA is choking them.

(1) (Reply)

Setup A Negotiation Team Before August 1st – Edwin Clark Warns FG / Former Deputy Governor Dies As President Buhari Mourns From London / Gorges As Roads; The Agbado Iju Ishaga Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.