Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,147 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:46 AM

Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here - Nairaland / General (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here (50218 Views)

Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered / Share Your Frightening But Funny Stories / Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by blingxx(m): 8:07am On Jul 21, 2017
martins18:
I hardly talk to someone i haven't meant before especially the opposite sex, i keep a lot of things to myself, i can't pass a day without thinking too much on mind, I love to be alone.. could this be that am also an introvert?

I faced the same problem in secondary school till one of my classmate even asked me "dude are you gay ? pls just tell me" grin I no fit laugh that day

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Petril(m): 8:07am On Jul 21, 2017
JennyOfOldstones:
I wasn't introverted as a child but I've discovered that certain circumstances especially those experienced when you're very young can change your personality for life. One of my biggest challenges as an introvert is that I find it difficult to speak very well in public( I've overcome stage fright to a great extent but after my speech, I continue thinking of a million ways in which I could have made it sound better) and I'm studying to be a member of a profession that requires a great deal of oratorical skills. And there's that confusing mixture of Inferiority/Superiority complex. I can't keep friendships, I hate calling so I rarely call because I'd rather we'd just sit face to face and talk. I hate going for parties because it seems that everyone is enjoying themselves and I'm not. I don't want my friends to think I'm a wet blanket so I leave early and come home unhappy, regretting why I even went in the first place.
dah's so me
i really find it hard to believe that people derive fun from partying and some other things.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by saxyminia: 8:08am On Jul 21, 2017
Elkay3:
I talk a little less than necessary. But laugh alot.
I have few friends whom I cherish. I stand in for my friends.
I avoid crowd because I just can't raise my voice like a tout.
I adore my quiet moments. It's for self-recharging.
I trust easily. This could be my weakness.

People say I'm an introvert. Others sighted pride. But for me, it's neither. It's just the way I chose to be. I could chose to be otherwise.
u just summarized everything here.i ve a few friends dt ws very close to bt later didn't trust anyone of them coz of wt transpired. ...we re very easy to trust pipo n we dey fail us it hurts lyk u lost someone. ...introverted pipo I wud say control alot of respect n pipo fear dem if u don't knw dem personally and they love like crazy even if its nt real they jx wanna make it wrk.......am a happy introvert...people should understand we re nt proud or ve pride

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 21, 2017
SPEEDEPITOME:

You cannot overcome being an introvert. Anyone who goes about thinking the world is the watching them probably has self esteem issues. You can only overcome being shy, you can build your self confidence and these things are not just applicable to introverts.
Just like you can't overcome being an extrovert.
Bottom line is, you can't change these things.
I don't think being an introvert means you having low self esteem or lack confidence. They are inter related but not the same. I can tell you boldly that am an introvert but when its comes to public speaking,I would always find a way to overcome my introvert nature
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by oglalasioux(m): 8:08am On Jul 21, 2017
iPrevail:
Thread for people with complexes

How wrong.

Introverts are not as fake as extroverts. Inferiority complex is what makes extroverts act extra tough.

12 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Lordshola: 8:09am On Jul 21, 2017
hinky:

Hmmnnn smiley

Yes, but the worst of it was when my ex told me that she can't cope with an introvert (also an introvert). She said the relationship is too boring, that she need someone lively.

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by thesuave10(m): 8:09am On Jul 21, 2017
ORIJIN201:
woke up this morning saw a msg, it was her apologizing. Now I have made up my mind to be who I am and probably not giving a fvck too (As I used to). I will be very unusual. Have taken your points into account. wink

Moderation and common sense should be applied oo. Everything in life is a balance. Good luck cool

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by blingxx(m): 8:09am On Jul 21, 2017
saabright:
I Dont talk much, I hate arguing.....too much talk gives me headache......
I hardly make friends and socialize very slow....I prefer bin alone and doing something important..... I jus prefer working alone and am Eva dependable......av gat every1's back......
back den I can be so shy of females that I sweat a lot wen am close to dem......I don ovacome am sha.

Right now I barely have a friend......someone once asked me y I love walking alone? cos I av not seen DAT person with same lifestyle

and we hate parties especially the noisy and crowdy one grin
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by oluwalewis(m): 8:09am On Jul 21, 2017
meelorlah:
I don't like going out, I don't like crowded and noisy areas so I detest parties. I don't know how to keep up with people so I hardly keep friends. I get emotional easily and I can be very teary. I don't like picking calls too, I'd rather send messages. I trust people easily. I hardly ask for things.

I'm getting over some of them though, especially the trust part.
We are same,i am a friend to many people but not many people are my friends besides work on yourself cos now,sometimes people doubt if i am a full introvert cos i can be extrovertish in nature
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Elkay3: 8:10am On Jul 21, 2017
donhils:

All the things you wrote here didn't quite look like you talk less than necessary

Summary.
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 21, 2017
As an introvert, I don't like keeping friends. Internet and television are my friends. I prefer to be busy with my job and church things rather than any other things. I dislike going out, I hate noise, I dislike crowd, I hate argument.

I try as much as possible not to offend people and people not to offend me. I like loneliness. I'm an indoor person. The list is endless.

5 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Natureinspred: 8:11am On Jul 21, 2017
i love my privacy. i could be in my room a whole day and no one knows.i hardly make friends but love the ones i try to make and tend to be jelous if they have other friends i just want them all to myself.i can use a whole week rehearsing what i will tell a friend but when that person comes everything disappears i cant say it anymore and i keep wondering which type of person am i? but i love myself as an introvert because no one can come and say u did this or that, and that part i feel everything has to be perfect as a perfectionist is keeling me alot. i can sweet a room like 10 times in two minutes grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by afoobabs(m): 8:11am On Jul 21, 2017
SPEEDEPITOME:

You cannot overcome being an introvert. Anyone who goes about thinking the world is the watching them probably has self esteem issues. You can only overcome being shy, you can build your self confidence and these things are not just applicable to introverts.
Just like you can't overcome being an extrovert.
Bottom line is, you can't change these things.
wrong introvert is the combination of both if you can express ur feeling to some one you love then you av self esteem issues and if you can't show up in parties or events then u are timid
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 21, 2017
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by soflygerian(m): 8:12am On Jul 21, 2017
hinky:

Aww... It ll take time, i m working really hard on my social skills... I hope d 'friends' i have now wont leave me one day sad

Yh...The day my sister told her Friend i was the best dancer at home, d girl had to ask if she was joking or not... Dat i dnt look lyk one sad ... And there re countless of times when piple will b around me nd if i say sometin funny they bcome shocked sad ...
Its annoying
lol exactly, bt I hpen to enjoy the fact that whenever i have to talk, there's this majesterial silence from peeps nd want to hear u spk
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Lordshola: 8:16am On Jul 21, 2017
hinky:

Hmmnnn smiley
And sorry Miss hinky, when is season 2 of agent peter coming out??
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Didiediamond(f): 8:17am On Jul 21, 2017
wins18:
Being an introvert comes with some down sides, as an introvert I have my own challenges or should I call it excesses lol.
I miss my chances on getting that pretty crush of mine, I fear rejection and I am yet to device a means of handling such when it occurs, even though when the green light is at its peak.
Another one is that I find it hard to maintain closer relationship with people, they complain I don't call them, truth is I prefer texting instead.
Share yours too lets know ourselves better.

exactly....I find it very difficult to make new friends esp
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:18am On Jul 21, 2017
Cleopatra4:

Yeah...
I feel we attract d opposite of us.
Don't like crowd.
Can't stand a noisy environment likewise lousy people..
Just prefer staying at home when I'm not busy..
Sometimes I wonder if na like this I go take see husband grin
I wish i could be sneaking to your house to help you nack service your tin, i love girl like you, no bi the one like bukky, wey fit roam 10 streets within 2 hours
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Kenth3433(m): 8:19am On Jul 21, 2017
Thank God am saved grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 21, 2017
lereinter:

who is an introvert and how does he or her know he is an introvert and not affected by evironmental and upbringing factors

can an overprotective or over strict parent turn a child to an introvert

iask due to personal experience
Yes,overprotective parent can contribute to a child being an introvert. Its was same with me,my parents were so overprotective that its still affects me up till now. I can count the number of times I went to places like beach or eatery. I only have three routine home,work and church,but I have friends which I don't have problem communicating with them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Geewynn(m): 8:23am On Jul 21, 2017
blingxx:

I faced the same problem in secondary school till one of my classmate even asked me "dude are you gay ? pls just tell me" grin I no fit laugh that day

lwkm...currently facing this issue...all my male friends call me gay because i have never had a gf and they have tried setting me up...but as an introvert i am too always shy, think and calculate the probability of rejection in which it is always high.
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by aydes: 8:24am On Jul 21, 2017
My simple say is "be real" no matter what. One quality i love about myself cant say if am an intovert or extrovert or in between is the fact that I dont joke with my feelings, yes is yes, no is no. I think introverts are the best decision makers making decisions based on your true feelings. But i guess there are shortcomings to that.?

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by funmilo724(f): 8:25am On Jul 21, 2017
Being an introvert has really affected me negatively, frm work to home, no social life, no friends, just you alone, I pray none of my children will be boring as their mother. It is very frustrating.

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 8:27am On Jul 21, 2017
hinky:

Yh...The day my sister told her Friend i was the best dancer at home, d girl had to ask if she was joking or not... Dat i dnt look lyk one sad ... And there re countless of times when piple will b around me nd if i say sometin funny they bcome shocked sad ...
Its annoying
This is my story, this is my song.
Exactly.
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by blackstreak: 8:31am On Jul 21, 2017
Who can relate

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 8:32am On Jul 21, 2017
dupsyluzy:

I don't think being an introvert means you having low self esteem or lack confidence. They are inter related but not the same. I can tell you boldly that am an introvert but when its comes to public speaking,I would always find a way to overcome my introvert nature
If you had seen my previous posts, you would have understood my point.
we are saying the same thing here. You cannot overcome being introverted, you can only overcome your personality flaws. I said something along the lines of "you can work on improving your self esteem/confidence, lack of which is not function of being introverted or extroverted".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by barallanee(f): 8:33am On Jul 21, 2017
HausaOverlord:
u should try an go out more , get associated with people, join an orgy, start a gang, rep a cult. Go and enjoy life.
the beginning was sweet BT ah dint understand the end o shocked..
Thanks all the same
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by barallanee(f): 8:35am On Jul 21, 2017
Biamond:

Lovely eye balls

As an introvert, I like to be alone and not alone. I keep very few friends that we are benefiting one thing or the other from each other.
exactly dear..some people think am jux a snob BT am nt...dats jux me sad
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 8:38am On Jul 21, 2017
afoobabs:
wrong introvert is the combination of both if you can express ur feeling to some one you love then you av self esteem issues and if you can't show up in parties or events then u are timid
If you cannot express your feelings, you are probably not outspoken. If you don't show up at parties, it might be that you're just wired to not attach much importance to public functions. If you don't appear in public, it could be Agoraphobia and this is not the same thing as timidity.
Being extroverted means you are OUTGOING. This is does not mean you have self confidence.
Anyone can have low self esteem, introvert or extrovert.
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Debbietiyan(f): 8:39am On Jul 21, 2017
1. Sometimes having to explain to friends that just because you don't call them doesn't mean you're not thinking about them.
2. Having to bail out of invites last minute because before then you thought you could suck up to it and actually attend even if it was just that one time.
3. When other people think you're a snob because you'd rather be by yourself in a crowd.
4. Extended family thinking you're too full of yourself because every one of your siblings is in good rapport with them except you.
5. Answering your phone on the third ring because then you know the call is important.
6. Preferring a good book to a good movie.
7. Never replying random messages on Facebook.
8. Seeing your departmental group pictures on social media which you are not in because then you'd rather go back home than hang around in the love garden.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by SteveMarvic: 8:42am On Jul 21, 2017
They are laughing buh he's looking wierd
he smiles a little so as not to look nerd
they are discussing and shouting
he ask,are they okay?are they normal?..smh
Then they said Mister what do you have to say to this discussion
huh?,which discussion?,are we discussing anything here?
Absolutely not,his mind was faraway he has already close his outer ear and thinking on how to exit the place
he was yelled at,for God sake why the hell have you been sitting down here with us for long
he want to say something buh words refuse to form out
he was bluffing,heart beating so fast
bla..em..em..i.i..wa..nt..
Oh gosh,can't you form words,are you even a man
battery Empty,he was drained out(only introvert will understand this part)
he feel like leaving the place but no gut to stand up
suddenly an angelic being with an angelic voice smile to him and said,its ok dear,you can go home
or should i walk you home?
I promise no single word till we get home
wow*
he was full to the brim
Thank you
007's WRITING cry
One of my experience

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by funsho75(m): 8:45am On Jul 21, 2017
I first thought it was a weakness.. But sooner i use it as strength..
I don't like hanging out..
I love meeting people but am an introv..
So i just take my time at home, freelancing and developing my graphics skills..
Hmmmm

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply)

9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. / What's The Benefit(s) If You Set A Guinness World Record? / Lady With Four Fingers Cause Twitter Meltdown... (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.