Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,338 members, 7,780,889 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:57 AM

12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) (71755 Views)

Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] / NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) / List Of Items Banned In Ajayi Crowther University Students’ Hostels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Gemc3(f): 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
You posts are always educative and refreshing.
Those hostels look so amazing. Imagine living inside a container. . .
In Nigeria. shocked
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by JAWBONE(m): 10:53pm On Jul 20, 2017
UrennaNkoli:
what the hell is going on here? grin
Arrowing
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by MrIndespensable(m): 10:57pm On Jul 20, 2017
Any time i see Explorers thread...i just cant wait to start reading....Boss,Gbosa!!!!!! for you,na you be the ''BADDEST!!!!!!l..thanks for keeping us abreast with informations like this all the time...that container hostel tho..

1 Like

Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Ilajeboy(m): 10:58pm On Jul 20, 2017
Explorers:
Hub at Tucson(Tucson, USA).

This student accommodation in Tucson has a rooftop sun deck with swimming pool, a hot tub, and games area.

It also has some mean barbecue grills and a sandpit with hammocks and a volleyball net.

The list goes on and on.

This is definitely one of the best residences in the world.

How will one pass his exams in this hall... Shayo galore
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by CrystalCharel(f): 11:02pm On Jul 20, 2017
Explorer the baddest n my best nairalander.... pls will you marry me..m. your posts are FIRE!!!!!!
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by mechanics(m): 11:09pm On Jul 20, 2017
Explorers:
6. Basket Apartments (Paris, France)

Another innovative idea for student housing coming from France, the Basket Apartments.

On the edge of Parc de la Villette in the 19th Arrondissement, this residence’s design resembles that of a wooden basket.

There are 192 studios all of which have a balcony and getting to the centre of Paris couldn’t be easier.

The Metro stops right outside
the lodge make sense o
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by stevelaw: 11:26pm On Jul 20, 2017
God help me
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 20, 2017
OrestesDante:
grin

*Clears throat*

Sorry to cut in!

OAU hostel. AWO Hall.

Accommodates anything. Toilet na wah! Bathroom na elele!

Producing great guys.
Bros why you dey embalass me like dis...chai see hosel

1 Like

Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Gtoosmooth(m): 11:27pm On Jul 20, 2017
block f... aro block....
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 11:33pm On Jul 20, 2017
nice one...

I bet these hostel accommodation must be very expensive
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by ModusOperandi(f): 11:34pm On Jul 20, 2017
This thread is depressing sad
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by calberian: 11:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
weyab:
abeg go sleep. Go learn what's purchasing power. Also never use ur failed currency to convert that dollar

No. You didn't just try to throw a shade my way.

I mean dude, your mum lost MTN airtime worth NGN200 (Two Hundred Nigerian Naira) and you opened a thread on nairaland over the non issue.

You opened yet another thread to encourage your co-ponzi-schemester lowlifes on nairaland.

You then have the impetus and effrontery to quote me on anything, let alone purchasing power.

Anyways, FYI, I was only going to explain that besides uber expensive breathtaking designs, those hostels offer so much more services and as such cost soo much more. And the regular student probably won't stay there since there are much cheaper not-so-ritzy alternatives.

Some of them are in the host towns proper and aren't exclusively for students. And these are ALL private developments and, as such, it'd be unfair if they're compared to Nigerian administration-provided hostels.
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by AikayDaWrapper(m): 12:03am On Jul 21, 2017
Those shipping containers look really cool. I think I'd want that.
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by akigbemaru: 12:07am On Jul 21, 2017
Explorers:
Shoebox-rooms and halls of residence that look like prisons are a thing of the past.

There have been some awesome student residences built in the last few years.

Checkout 12 of the coolest student residences in the world.

http://blog.uniplaces.com/15-coolest-student-residences-in-the-world/

1 Like

Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by weyab: 12:15am On Jul 21, 2017
calberian:

I mean dude, your mum lost MTN airtime worth NGN200 (Two Hundred Nigerian Naira) and you opened a thread on nairaland over the non issue.

You opened yet another thread to encourage your co-ponzi-schemester lowlifes on nairaland.

You then have the impetus and effrontery to quote me on anything, let alone purchasing power.

Anyways, FYI, I was only going to explain that besides uber expensive breathtaking designs, those hostels offer so much more services and as such cost soo much more. And the regular student probably won't stay there since there are much cheaper not-so-ritzy alternatives.

Some of them are in the host towns proper and aren't exclusively for students. And these are ALL private developments and, as such, it'd be unfair if they're compared to Nigerian administration-provided hostels.
what is Nigeria? A name or an object. Pls jus sleep. Are u even proud to exist as a Nigerian? Abeg I have more other important issues, like MTN stealing my mums 200 naira as u said
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by weyab: 12:18am On Jul 21, 2017
CrystalCharel:
Explorer the baddest n my best nairalander.... pls will you marry me..m. your posts are FIRE!!!!!!
and wen he dos u will start complaining that ur husband never gives u time, always online. Abeg women wahala explorer no want
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by calberian: 12:29am On Jul 21, 2017
weyab:
what is Nigeria? A name or an object. Pls jus sleep. Are u even proud to exist as a Nigerian? Abeg I have more other important issues, like MTN stealing my mums 200 naira as u said

Please, pardon me for replying you.
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by poseidon12: 12:37am On Jul 21, 2017
calberian:
All these psychedelic student hostels don't come cheap o.

Explorers baba, you for put d fees. In fact, make I google dem up one by one.

I dey come

HUB AT TUCSON
1011 N. Tyndall Ave. Tucson, AZ 85719
TOTAL MONTHLY RENT:
$635 per room
5 bed / 5 bath
TOTAL BEDROOMS: 5
5 occupants max
Tucson Neighborhood
TYPE: Apartment
SECURITY DEPOSIT: $500
UPFRONT REQUIREMENTS:
First Month Rent
Security Deposit
APPROX. UTILITY COST:
$30

No need to check more

Still affordable by US standard.
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by jojothaiv(m): 12:38am On Jul 21, 2017
All I See Is Cool Architecture!
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Lloydfolarin: 12:46am On Jul 21, 2017
eitsei:
Na this kind thread dey make me know sey we dey suffer for this country especially if you are poor

You are not suffering my dear. You are only judging your situation cos of glorified pictures. In reality, things are not like it seems... Let me throw more lights on this issue by telling you that those beautiful buildings you see in the pictures are not being occupied by British citizens cos they couldn't afford those flats.

Those flats are occupied by rich politicians and business Moguls around the world.

I am an insider and i know what's app.5
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by olusledge: 12:49am On Jul 21, 2017
biobaku hall unilag

Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by mhiztapaul(m): 12:56am On Jul 21, 2017
See hostel how come they no go sabi book or they no dey take develop
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by poseidon12: 1:15am On Jul 21, 2017
calberian:

Not true about all being private developments. These are standard student housing (as far as USA is concerned. Don't know about Europe, but guess it's same situation).
As for the cost, can actually turn out more cost effective than renting off campus because in most cases, your rent is inclusive of utilities and internet. And you may save on transport.
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Oselu28(f): 1:15am On Jul 21, 2017
where did we go wrong?
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by kikake: 1:55am On Jul 21, 2017
OrestesDante:
grin

*Clears throat*

Sorry to cut in!

OAU hostel. AWO Hall.

Accommodates anything. Toilet na wah! Bathroom na elele!

Producing great guys.

OAU hostel, Ile-Ife.

Clears throat - after seeing the other hostels in other countries, what came to mind was: what's wrong with the black man in Nigeria?

Sure, if the Ife Hostel is still under the care of the regional government, it must have been better.

Resplendent, beautiful and most flourishing Mission/Private Secondary schools in the east were forcefully taken over by the federal gwonment of Naijrriyaaa immediately after the civil war, and handed over to state governments.

Forty years after, the schools looked like pigsty. Oyibo can't even allow his pig to be reared in any of the schools

About eight years ago, the state government handed the schools back to the private/missionary owners.
Today, the schools buildings and environment are resplendent, beautiful and most flourishing.

Lesson: Nigeria's governing system, not Nigerians, is the sickness of Nigeria.

Why would a particular group in northern Nigeria still hold strongly to the country's failed governing system, thereby drawing others back?

1 Like

Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Noblewhiz(m): 2:34am On Jul 21, 2017
This is cool...
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Daeylar(f): 3:01am On Jul 21, 2017
Mightyraw:

All i know is ,
You love colourful things

Lol,
My reason for loving the hostels wasn't based on colour though.
Why did you say so?
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by tundebabs01(m): 3:42am On Jul 21, 2017
Narldon:
MEANWHILE...

BEST HOSTELS IN NIGERIA!!
smiley smiley
Tedder and Zik hall
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Ademat7(m): 3:51am On Jul 21, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

You are not suffering my dear. You are only judging your situation cos of glorified pictures. In reality, things are not like it seems... Let me throw more lights on this issue by telling you that those beautiful buildings you see in the pictures are not being occupied by British citizens cos they couldn't afford those flats.

Those flats are occupied by rich politicians and business Moguls around the world.

I am an insider and i know what's app.5
Hmm offcourse picture can deceive
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Explorers(m): 4:33am On Jul 21, 2017
mhiztaNexy:
Explorers you are one of the reasons I find nairaland meaningful and I have really gained alot from u. keep it up. more grease to your elbow. dont worry, one day I will ask for ur account number.

Lol....Thanks bro
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Drenix(m): 4:49am On Jul 21, 2017
wether devil like am or not..... as i no school 4 abroad eeh, m'y children must school in oversea... tym to double m'y hustle big tym...
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Explorers(m): 4:50am On Jul 21, 2017
SmartMugu:

This will never work in Nigeria. Even if a governor or FG builds one of these masterpieces in his State for only 300 students, the hostel will end up having having more that 5000 students. That's why a room intended for one or two students end up having the one or two original owners and 10 additional squatters. How can such a place stay in shape?

You nailed it bro, that's the problem here.

Overpopulation and our maintenance culture is so poor

Each room in our hostels should house maximum of 2-3 students.

Not 5-10 in a room.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Inside The First-Class Schools Children Of Akwa Ibom Elite Attend / I Finally Received My 10,000 Grant From Federal Government / Meet The 15 Finest Girls In UNILAG.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.