Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,955 members, 7,799,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And (12522 Views)

Asari Dokubo, Edwin Clark, ND Avengers; Why No Outrage Over Iniquity At NDDC / BIAFRA : Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Pa Edwin Clark, Calls Him Names / 'they Were Focused On Rivers, Didn't See It Coming In Kano' - Ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Kagawa10: 11:55pm On Jul 20, 2017
itchie:
I am from iselle uku (delta state) and I don't know who is more Igbo than me. The same people who have called me "bendel Igbo" all my life have suddenly turned around to tell me I am no longer Igbo in my adult age. Clark and his likes must think we are so dumb that we can't think for ourselves and so they must think and speak for us. My people are called Anioma(The good land in Igbo language), we speak our own dialect of Igbo, we dress like and eat the same food as Igbos, we bear the same names as Igbos, even our four market days are same with that of every other Igbo community and yet I'm not igbo? So I have no right to Identify with my own Igbo ethnic group but every Ijaw man including the Arogbos from ondo state must be recognised as Ijaws right? Nonsense!!

What's this one saying? Ese odo is Ijaw land ba? Does Ese Odo sound Ijaw to your brain? So because Ilaje people offered lands to the Ijaws who were constantly found sleeping at the river bank after their fishing makes it Ijaw land? In fact, Ese odo is a yoruba word depicting how Ijaws were found at the river banks (Ese odo - River banks)

If you know nothing you had better keep shut!! And so you know, Anioma people migrated to the land in Delta and they are of different ethnic stocks which include the Yoruba in ugbodu, isoko/bini/Urhobo as Ukwuani, the Bini/Ibo as ika and the ibo as Oshimil/Aniocha..

You can't just carve out people land just because you migrated over there. Get that sunk into your brain! If you believe you're of ibo ethnic stock and wants biafra, then get your ass off Delta land and move to the SE, the same way the arogbo Ijaw will be advised to get off our land and join their brother in Bayelsa if they loves them so much.

2 Likes

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by cumbak60: 12:46am On Jul 21, 2017
Kagawa10:

What's this one saying? Ese odo is Ijaw land ba? Does Ese Odo sound Ijaw to your brain? So because Ilaje people offered lands to the Ijaws who were constantly found sleeping at the river bank after their fishing makes it Ijaw land? In fact, Ese odo is a yoruba word depicting how Ijaws were found at the river banks (Ese odo - River banks)

If you know nothing you had better keep shut!! And so you know, Anioma people migrated to the land in Delta and they are of different ethnic stocks which include the Yoruba in ugbodu, isoko/bini/Urhobo as Ukwuani, the Bini/Ibo as ika and the ibo as Oshimil/Aniocha..

You can't just carve out people land just because you migrated over there. Get that sunk into your brain! If you believe you're of ibo ethnic stock and wants biafra, then get your ass off Delta land and move to the SE, the same way the arogbo Ijaw will be advised to get off our land and join their brother in Bayelsa if they loves them so much.
Look at this hypocrites. Keep playing your dirty card until your cup full.

10 Likes

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Kagawa10: 12:53am On Jul 21, 2017
cumbak60:

I'm just telling you the truth! If you're looking for Ibo land, look no far from those that were carved into River state! Stop claiming peoples' land just because your folks migrated over there.. We have Yoruba in Ugbodu in Delta state yet no Yoruba is claiming the land is ours because we know our people migrated to the place.
Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by naijaking1: 1:34am On Jul 21, 2017
Clark's behavior during and immediately after GEJ makes one want to vomit. He locked GEJ at Aso Rock, pocket the keys himself, and was the first to join forces with Buhari and APC to say how bad GEJ really was.
If there're honest Ijaws out there, no the likes of one barcanista we have here, they should have really taken him out of political circulation a long time ago.
He is as bad as the people he leads!

8 Likes

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Dedetwo(m): 1:54am On Jul 21, 2017
nengibo:
There are no Indigenous igbos in Rivers period, Odili never identified himself as an Igbo man, Amaechis ikwerre people hate igbos more than any tribe in Nigeria sef...liepods
Pa Edwin Clark please keep exposing and educating dem

You are pitifully ignorant.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Curlieweed: 2:06am On Jul 21, 2017
naijaking1:
Clark's behavior during and immediately after GEJ makes one want to vomit. He locked GEJ at Aso Rock, pocket the keys himself, and was the first to join forces with Buhari and APC to say how bad GEJ really was.
If there're honest Ijaws out there, no the likes of one barcanista we have here, they should have really taken him out of political circulation a long time ago.
He is as bad as the people he leads!

Why do you have to make the highlighted statement? Have you conducted a survey of Ijaw people and concluded that they are all bad?

If you want to criticize the old fool, you can do that by following the author's example without insulting the people he purports to lead (most of whom you've not even met in real life).

And by the way who even appointed him the leader of Ijaws?

P.s And by the way I have met many very honest Ijaws.

4 Likes

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by naijaking1: 2:13am On Jul 21, 2017
Curlieweed:

Why do you have to make the highlighted statement? Have you conducted a survey of Ijaw people and concluded that they are all bad?

If you want to criticize the old fool, you can do that by following the author's example without insulting the people he purports to lead (most of whom you've not even met in real life).

And by the way who even appointed him the leader of Ijaws?

P.s And by the way I have met many very honest Ijaws.

You're right somehow.
How do you explain the fact that other Ijaw has ever really raised any strong objection to this crazy man's vituperation.?

3 Likes

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by EzeUche(m): 2:22am On Jul 21, 2017
nengibo:
There are no Indigenous igbos in Rivers period, Odili never identified himself as an Igbo man, Amaechis ikwerre people hate igbos more than any tribe in Nigeria sef...liepods
Pa Edwin Clark please keep exposing and educating dem

Odili and Amaechi are Igbo names.

If they are not Igbo, they should not bear Igbo names

8 Likes

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Dedetwo(m): 3:08am On Jul 21, 2017
A fool at forty is fool forever. Edwin Clark is a complete old fool. It is funny to watch Edwin Clark cried about Oil block allocation being disproportionately dominated by the elites from northern region of Nigeria. I wondered what the fool thought he was doing when serving as houseboy for Gowon and political elites from the northern region of Nigeria. The jackass such as Edwin Clark is one of the reasons elites from the northern region assume err of importance.

8 Likes

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Freemancipation: 3:17am On Jul 21, 2017
What a beautiful response. How did I miss such myth bursting thread.

I am an proud Igbo man of anioma extraction. Nobody from we niger delta crew can define my identity.

The era of propaganda is over!!!!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Freemancipation: 3:22am On Jul 21, 2017
cumbak60:
The hypocrisy of Nigerians over the make up of the Igbo ethnic group is one of the root of her problem. Igbo balkanization started from the British, when the balkanized western Igbos from their kins in the East, with Nigerian government doing same over the years. If this issue is not properly address, agitation will keep springing here and there.

cc: nonaira, ikechukwu, Ugomba, pazianza, Ngozi123, Ngokafor, pchukwudi, Ugosample, cheruv, conductor1, malawian, abagworo, chiwude, chino,etc.

You are 100% right. The loss of the ekwumekwu war after 30 years of fighting the British was the first Balkanization of the igbos.

The one that happened after the uncivil war was even worse. And it was done by fellow Africans with evil devilish hearts

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Freemancipation: 3:26am On Jul 21, 2017
itchie:
I am from iselle uku (delta state) and I don't know who is more Igbo than me. The same people who have called me "bendel Igbo" all my life have suddenly turned around to tell me I am no longer Igbo in my adult age. Clark and his likes must think we are so dumb that we can't think for ourselves and so they must think and speak for us. My people are called Anioma(The good land in Igbo language), we speak our own dialect of Igbo, we dress like and eat the same food as Igbos, we bear the same names as Igbos, even our four market days are same with that of every other Igbo community and yet I'm not igbo? So I have no right to Identify with my own Igbo ethnic group but every Ijaw man including the Arogbos from ondo state must be recognised as Ijaws right? Nonsense!!

Chukwu gozie gi nwanne mmadu. Obu nna gi muru gi.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Freemancipation: 3:30am On Jul 21, 2017
cumbak60:

"For instance, the Aboh and Ndoni ancient towns were
first founded by the Igbo-speaking elements from Nri or Awka zone. For Aboh, they were the Akala or Akalai party whose eponymous ancestor was Ogidi who magically invoked down an imposing rock (salvivic water deity) that aided his party to cross the Niger from Isala axis, a reason why the ancestors of Akili never drowned in the river. In Ndoni, they were the Obonya elements, whose ancestor was Awka, father of Aguukwu to Ezenwocha and Anyaogwu. Both Ogidi and the Awka were reputed to have arrived at the banks of the lower Niger about the 10th century or before."

Oral history of Ndoni people. Read and get educated. The article was written by a known Ndoni son.
http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2014/03/21/appraising-kingship-in-ndoni-11/

My grandmother is an ndoni woman. I have been there once and ate delicious ofe nsala with fresh fish.

I thought they spoke Japanese according to Nigerian propaganda but surprisingly they spoke Igbo just like my grandmother who doesn't know any other language.

Or maybe a mighty Igbo army colonized them....lol

8 Likes

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Lajet: 4:17am On Jul 21, 2017
When did Edwin Clark said all this things again? Why did no newspaper carry the news
Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by naijaking1: 4:22am On Jul 21, 2017
Lajet:
When did Edwin Clark said all this things again? Why did no newspaper carry the news

I see you're one of those who never who are blind to reality.

3 Likes

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Lajet: 6:59am On Jul 21, 2017
naijaking1:

I see you're one of those who never who are blind to reality.

I'm not saying that he didn't said all this things. but did you have any link of Newspaper that carried the news where he said all this things thanks.
Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by itchie: 7:22am On Jul 21, 2017
Kagawa10:

All I see above is an epistle of stupidity and the nonsensical rantings of a deluded individual.

7 Likes

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Eastfield1: 7:39am On Jul 21, 2017
Kagawa10:

Tonye must hear this.
Cc tonyebarcanista

3 Likes

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by nengibo: 7:52am On Jul 21, 2017
Curlieweed:

Frankly, I don't really understand your interest in this issue.

Under what feasible circumstance would Odili as a governor of a multi-ethnic state go about proclaiming and announcing himself as Igbo? This is simply ludicrous.

Ok. Obasanjo never proclaimed himself as a Yoruba man, so he can't be one. How does that sound?

In any case, the article actually indicted the Clarke clown using his own fair weather words because he(Clarke) had earlier declared that Odili was Igbo and therefore unworthy of taking the SS chance as the VP.

P.S @Ugosample. The writer of the article is actually very anti-IPOB (mainly because of the multi-ethnic Biafra issue. He prefers a homogeneous Igbo nation). He is also Igbo Deltan.
Pat utomi for example, he is also from a multi-ethnic state but he identifies as an Igbo even though he bears a non-igbo name, would u say dat has hampered his political chance in the Niger delta?
Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Sanchez01: 8:11am On Jul 21, 2017
cumbak60:

I could remember stating exactly the post you quoted last night, and this has nothing to do with playing dirty.

The said Igboid groups in other lands other than the five Eastern States are migrants who were only accommodated, save for the part of Rivers that was carved from the original land of the Igbos.

The same applies to the Ijaws too and they are very much conscious of this fact. However, that is not to say that they have not become a part and parcel of the said places. Where the problem would always be is in the misplaced use of the word 'Indigenous'. I believe you know what I mean here.

Amaechi, Odilli and co, Including Sunday Oliseh who denied being Igbos are indeed Igbos. Again, it still does not eliminate the facts that the present day places belong to non Igboid groups who accommodated their hosts.

Ijaws have weird longings for water, same as the Urhobos, and would not waste a moment in laying claims to where they are clustered.

As the case of Biafra today, should it pull through, Igboid groups outside of the five Eastern States would not be carved out because that is where the real drama would begin. Stories of how a family trekked from a particular place down to their presently dwellings would be dug.

Edo presently has its land in the East (Onitsha), and while the scenario does not necessarily apply to the discourse at hand. Igboid groups in Rivers believe they share no semblance with Igboid groups in the SE and do not let a second pass by before they deny their roots. The same apply to some people in Delta State.

I just found out recently that there is clan in Bayelsa, the Ofonis, they speak the Ughelli dialect and bear typical Urhobo names, but cannot be said to be original owners of the land they live in because history has it that they migrated to the plaace they presently live. If eventually it happens that, God forbid, every people is forced to reckon with their root, the Ofonis might leave empty handed, rather than dream of carving a territory which was never theirs. The same might likely play out with Igboid groups outside of the East. Sad scenario but true.
Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Sanchez01: 8:14am On Jul 21, 2017
Eastfield1:

Tonye must hear this.
Cc tonyebarcanista
What Kagawa10 said is true. Ese odo literally means the 'river foot', transcribed as the 'River bank'. Ijaws are good at settling pretty fast in an area and would not even let a moment pass before the settlement become theirs.

It is no branier as to why you have Ijaws in Yoruba lands who are claiming that they are indigenous in those lands, even though it is funny.
Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by nonaira: 9:00am On Jul 21, 2017
itchie:

That's the hypocrisy of Nigeria. You know I've been denounced Deltan on this forum more times i can count because I support biafra and proud of my igbo identity. Heck I've even witness miscreants claiming the land we hail from does not being to us and we should migrate to "SE where we came from. " Interesting that this people want to stretch theor hand all over. The yoruba wants to identify the yoruba in Kiara as yoruba rather than Kwara, the ijaws wants to drag everyone as Ijaws including people that aren't even ijaws but yet they want to dictate to anioma and rivers igbo what ethnicity we should identify with as it does not fit in well with their hatred. I'm a proud igbo from delta and if anyone hates me or any Deltan igbo identifying as igbo, please do us a favour and just end your life out the frustration okay.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by nonaira: 9:04am On Jul 21, 2017
Sanchez01:

What Kagawa10 said is true. Ese odo literally means the 'river foot', transcribed as the 'River bank'. Ijaws are good at settling pretty fast in an area and would not even let a moment pass before the settlement become theirs.

It is no branier as to why you have Ijaws in Yoruba lands who are claiming that they are indigenous in those lands, even though it is funny.

There's nothing he said in that entire post that is true. He has already been schooled repeatedly on the ignorance he stated and yet the illiterate still screech whatever nonsense that comes to his head. I don't care about Ondo or whatever as I can careless. The ijaws are more than equipped to address una on that.

3 Likes

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Sanchez01: 9:25am On Jul 21, 2017
nonaira:

There's nothing he said in that entire post that is true. He has already been schooled repeatedly on the ignorance he stated and yet the illiterate still screech whatever nonsense that comes to his head. I don't care about Ondo or whatever as I can careless. The ijaws are more than equipped to address una on that.
Oh, so the Ijaws are expected to come and save you in a discourse that had nothing to do with them from the outset?

I have no interest in sowing seeds of discord but the truth must be pronounced. I grew up in a complex environment with the Ijaws and the Ilajes being the dominant groups therein. I recall how the Ijaws came into the area at the time, way back as far as 1990. Today, they claim they own the place and have been there from time immemorial. Interestingly, the said place is Mile 12, Lagos, specifically the river edge within Omobanta.

There are no indigenous Ijaws in Ondo, just as there are no indigenous Igbos in Delta, the same way there are no indigenous Urhobos in Bayelsa. The same applies to the Yorubas.

It is one thing your land was claimed or cut off, just as the case is with a part of Rivers which naturally belongs to the Igbos, and it is another to claim you are indigenous to a land when history clearly beams its spotlight on how your people got there.

2 Likes

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Efewestern: 9:44am On Jul 21, 2017
Sanchez01:

Oh, so the Ijaws are expected to come and save you in a discourse that had nothing to do with them from the outset?

I have no interest in sowing seeds of discord but the truth must be pronounced. I grew up in a complex environment with the Ijaws and the Ilajes being the dominant groups therein. I recall how the Ijaws came into the area at the time, way back as far as 1990. Today, they claim they own the place and have been there from time immemorial. Interestingly, the said place is Mile 12, Lagos, specifically the river edge within Omobanta.

There are no indigenous Ijaws in Ondo, just as there are no indigenous Igbos in Delta, the same way there are no indigenous Urhobos in Bayelsa. The same applies to the Yorubas.

It is one thing your land was claimed or cut off, just as the case is with a part of Rivers which naturally belongs to the Igbos, and it is another to claim you are indigenous to a land when history clearly beams its spotlight on how your people got there.

I disagree with you on this.

there are indigenous ijaw in ondo and edo
there are indigenous urhobo in bayelsa, we never migrated there, they carve our land to that state. I think you need to research.

there are indigenous igbo in Delta.

oniovo, oma mu Rio ke.

4 Likes

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Eastfield1: 9:47am On Jul 21, 2017
Sanchez01:

I know what he said is true bro.
remind me of gelegele & Opobo
Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Sanchez01: 9:48am On Jul 21, 2017
Efewestern:

I disagree with you on this.

there are indigenous ijaw in ondo and edo
there are indigenous urhobo in bayelsa, we never migrated there, they carve our land to that state. I think you need to research.

there are indigenous igbo in Delta.

oniovo, oma mu Rio ke.
I think that paragraph was not clearly defined and quite sadly, I moved it to the next.

Regardless, I believe I would do so.

Mamurioke, Oniovo.
Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Sanchez01: 9:50am On Jul 21, 2017
Eastfield1:

I know what he said is true bro.
remind me of gelegele & Opobo
I believe I clearly stated areas that were cut off or carved out from their original areas.

EfeWestern, links, biko.
Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:35am On Jul 21, 2017
itchie:
....you have spoken well but why can't you guys raise your voices against such and unitedly declared who you are (igbos). The reason why likes of Clark and others riding on this false tag for so long is due to the indifference attitude, I -don't -care posture of you guys (indeginous igbos) in delta and rivers state.

2 Likes

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by cumbak60: 10:53am On Jul 21, 2017
Sanchez01:

Lies. Are you saying that Asaba that is less than 30 km from Onitsha but more than a 100 km to Warri is Uhrogbo/Benin land? Guy, e'jekwere akwukwo undecided Why are you trying to turn history upside down? Please, Anioma sons on this fora should school this land-grabber before its too late.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And by itchie: 12:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
cumbak60:

Lies. Are you saying that Asaba that is less than 30 km from Onitsha but more than a 100 km to Warri is Uhrogbo/Benin land? Guy, e'jekwere akwukwo undecided Why are you trying to turn history upside down? Please, Anioma sons on this fora should school this land-grabber before its too late.

Don't mind those ignorant idiots. They want to come and tell me my own history. I know who I am and where I'm from. I don't need to debate with any ignorant nonentity about that.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court Of Appeal Grants Senator Bassey Albert Post Conviction Bail / Pt Candidate, Olawepo-hashim, Congratulates Buhari, Tasks Him On Lapses / Atheists, Too, Deserve Buhari's Cabinet Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.