Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? (1643 Views)

What Area Do You Think Improved The Most Under Buhari Administration? / "That Buhari Has Igbo Driver And Cook & Not Tribalistic Is A Lie" - Reno Omokri / How Do You Convince These People Against Muhammadu Buhari? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by jiangchu: 10:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
i don't know may be have lost contact with the real Nigeria.

can any one convince me that the current president has done something diffrent and how it affect the real people on the street with clear evidence and scources.
Thanks
Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by forreelinc(m): 10:50pm On Jul 20, 2017
grin he met the country in ruins na abi u fit drive car wey don spoil

1 Like

Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by Jengem: 10:50pm On Jul 20, 2017
Even Lai Mohammed cannot tell such a lie
Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by olaniyisamuel(m): 10:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
Can u convince yourself how long it takes if u were to renovate a cracked house... *no offense. *no favorite. *Be honest

wink grin cheesy
Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by CoolFreeday(m): 11:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
Its a gradual thing.

- power in my place have improved, I don't know about yours.
- All the abandoned federal roads in my place are on going
- more Nigerians Including 2 of my brothers are into Agriculture because it seem profitable since the ban on some imported items.
- Security is better than before in my area
- corruption have being reduce esp in govt. though alot more still need to b done.
-etc

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by jiangchu: 12:38am On Jul 21, 2017
CoolFreeday:
Its a gradual thing.

- more Nigerians Including 2 of my brothers are into Agriculture because it seem profitable since the ban on some imported items.
- corruption have being reduce esp in govt. though alot more still need to b done.
-etc

thanks you have a nice point.

can you give factual evidence like cost of an item (like milk tissue papers or rice) 2015 and now. and a good source to verify.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by SalamRushdie: 12:51am On Jul 21, 2017
CoolFreeday:
Its a gradual thing.

-etc

You go fit Thief ooo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 21, 2017
CoolFreeday:
Its a gradual thing.

-etc

Unbiased
Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by Nobody: 1:04am On Jul 21, 2017
jiangchu:

can any one convince me that the current president has done something diffrent and how it affect the real people on the street with clear evidence and scources.
Thanks
I have one POWERFUL evidence

Sai Baba grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by jiangchu: 1:12am On Jul 21, 2017
quid:

I have one POWERFUL evidence

Sai Baba grin grin

216/365*100%= 59%

the forex drop by 59% my question to you is that is that apositive thing and how does it affect the common man on he street.

1 Like

Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by Nobody: 1:28am On Jul 21, 2017
jiangchu:

216/365*100%= 59%

the forex drop by 59% my question to you is that is that apositive thing and how does it affect the common man on he street.
Have you not noticed how everything things are 4 times more expensive than they were 2 years ago?

Useless exchange rate affects importers.....tthey will pass the cost to people on the street

4 Likes

Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by jiangchu: 1:55am On Jul 21, 2017
quid:

Have you not noticed how everything things are 4 times more expensive than they were 2 years ago?

Useless exchange rate affects importers.....tthey will pass the cost to people on the street

that is why i'm asking you to convice me cos people are tellingg things are getting better,
Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by 989900: 4:26am On Jul 21, 2017
Check customs income, check NNPC, check JAMB revenues, check ghost workers, check anti-corruption crusade, check Nigerian military, stay up to date with current affairs in your country ALWAYS, that way you won't be easily swayed by false opinions of naysayers.

We are in re- construction -- it is never going to be easy, nor the full effects felt in one day -- we are a work in progress (from where we were headed some years back)!

APC government is not 'God's Government', they are not perfect nor are they saints nor guilt-free, but I bet you brother, if this direction were where we were headed since 1999, we would probably have 18-20 fairly constant hours power supply by now, have working refineries, have a strongerrr Naira, have a $250-$400 minimum wage in lieu of $50, have better roads, have a better diversified economy -- probably a trillion dollar plus economy by now!
Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by dudebuck: 5:48am On Jul 21, 2017
989900:
Check customs income, check NNPC, check JAMB revenues, check ghost workers, check anti-corruption crusade, check Nigerian military, stay up to date with current affairs in your country ALWAYS, that way you won't be easily swayed by false opinions of naysayers.

We are in re- construction -- it is never going to be easy, nor the full effects felt in one day -- we are a work in progress (from where we were headed some years back)!

APC government is not 'God's Government', they are not perfect nor are they saints nor guilt-free, but I bet you brother, if this direction were where we were headed since 1999, we would probably have 18-20 fairly constant hours power supply by now, have working refineries, have a strongerrr Naira, have a $250-$400 minimum wage in lieu of $50, have better roads, have a better diversified economy -- probably a trillion dollar plus economy by now!
please, SHUT UP!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by uwa1(m): 6:11am On Jul 21, 2017
Dere is notin to convince..... APC is better as opposition party than a ruling party..... They have alot of learning to do....

4 Likes

Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by juman(m): 6:40am On Jul 21, 2017
Buhari is a disaster to nigerian economy.

Another party is needed to fix the economy.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by freshest4live: 6:47am On Jul 21, 2017
jiangchu:

Thanks
Buhari at least has raised that consciousness in Nigerians that corruption is a very big problem and must be fought by those in Government.
Yes there are concerns that it's just about witch hunting and many complaints of hippocracy, but subtly he has raised in our consciousness the need to see corruption as something to be investigated in the political class.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by freshest4live: 6:52am On Jul 21, 2017
jiangchu:

thanks you have a nice point.

can you give factual evidence like cost of an item (like milk tissue papers or rice) 2015 and now. and a good source to verify.
Cost of items cannot improve overnight with the price of oil dropping from (152 to 54) dollars. Given that oil has been our major export/Government revenue and we saved little for the rainy day. In comparison to other developing countries, even Ghana and Botswana, Nigerians also pay little tax.
Now there is a slow but gradual process of saving our oil proceeds to make us more dependent on Agriculture and mining which has contributed more than oil to GDP, especially Agriculture.
Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by 989900: 7:00am On Jul 21, 2017
dudebuck:
please, SHUT UP!

And you wonder why they call you st00pid.
Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 21, 2017
juman:
Buhari is a disaster to nigerian economy.

Another party is needed to fix the economy.
Sai Baba grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by juman(m): 7:03am On Jul 21, 2017
quid:

Sai Baba grin grin grin

The baba recession.

He never liked common man.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by jiangchu: 8:37am On Jul 21, 2017
freshest4live:

Cost of items cannot improve overnight with the price of oil from (dropping 152 to 54) dollars. Given that oil has been our major export/Government revenue and we saved little for the rainy day. In comparison to other developing countries, even Ghana and Botswana, Nigerians also pay little tax.
Now there is a slow but gradual process of saving our oil proceeds to make us more dependent on Agriculture and mining which has contributed more than oil to GDP, especially Agriculture.

let give you how the drop in crude oil price have helped nations
early 2014 , when the price of crude was sky high. american pump sold gas at $3.45 when the price of oil drop it fell to 99cent the government have to artificially increase it to$1.50 to compensate as tax.

now my question to you is that if the price of crude have dropped globally why is the price at the Nigerian pump reflect more than that of 2014?

3 Likes

Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by jiangchu: 9:00am On Jul 21, 2017
989900:

do you know that 6 month before election there was constant electricity being supplied by the GEJ.

you said light have improved. but how many more megawatt has been added to the national grid since inception of this government.

and mind you this thread is about fact. bring concrete evidence and not the God factor to soothe people

3 Likes

Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by 989900: 9:10am On Jul 21, 2017
jiangchu:

do you know that 6 month before election there was constant electricity being supplied by the GEJ.

you said light have improved. but how many more megawatt has been added to the national grid since inception of this government.

and mind you this thread is about fact. bring concrete evidence and not the God factor to soothe people

Read again, please.
Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by 989900: 9:14am On Jul 21, 2017
jiangchu:

let give you how the drop in crude oil price have helped nations
early 2014 , when the price of crude was sky high. american pump sold gas at $3.45 when the price of oil drop it fell to 99cent the government have to artificially increase it to$1.50 to compensate as tax.

now my question to you is that if the price of crude have dropped globally why is the price at the Nigerian pump reflect more than that of 2014?

Pump prices have gone up in most major oil producing countries: Saudi, UAE, Qatar, etc., largely because they can no longer afford subsidy, and lower income from oil to run the country.
Now, Nigeria with almost non-existing refineries . . . go figure.
Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by dudebuck: 9:48am On Jul 21, 2017
989900:

And you wonder why they call you st00pid.
pot calling kettle black. Aren't you more stoopid than I am?
Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by 989900: 9:56am On Jul 21, 2017
dudebuck:
[s]pot calling kettle black. Aren't you more stoopid than I am?[/s]
Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by adonis89(m): 10:13am On Jul 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

You go fit Thief ooo
LOL. Na for only him area better tins de happen I swear

2 Likes

Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by dudebuck: 10:37am On Jul 21, 2017
[quote author=989900 post=58679439][/quote]guilty as charged
Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by maisauki: 10:52am On Jul 21, 2017
WHO ARE YOU TO BE CONVINCED?
Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by maisauki: 10:59am On Jul 21, 2017
CoolFreeday:
Its a gradual thing.

-etc
It's good to explain to them but i don't waste time on someone that has turned deaf hears to d truth...if not for good economic policies d way fall in oil price affected other countries 9ja's own would hav been fatal EGYPT'S CURRENCY IS NOW 700% DOWN, VENEZUELA'S CASE IS BEYOND DESCRIPTION...
Re: Can You Convince Me That Buhari Has Improved The Economy Since 2015? by CoolFreeday(m): 11:37am On Jul 21, 2017
maisauki:
It's good to explain to them but i don't waste time on someone that has turned deaf hears to d truth...if not for good economic policies d way fall in oil price affected other countries 9ja's own would hav been fatal EGYPT'S CURRENCY IS NOW 700% DOWN, VENEZUELA'S CASE IS BEYOND DESCRIPTION...

Thank you my brother

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Gov. Ikpeazu, Senator Abaribe Know Nnamdi Kanu’s Whereabouts – Pan-igbo Yout / God Will Defeat Buhari For Us In 2019 – Obasanjo / Breaking News! Kaiama Local Government In Kwara Declares For PMB/PYO 2019. Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.