Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. (1169 Views)

Christians Taking Advantage Of Suffering People Of North-east To Further Evangel / BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch / Nigerians Describe Ordeal Inside Chinese Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by tundewoods(m): 8:54pm On Feb 05, 2010
This was the first words i came accross when i decided to read an article on the latest developments regards Nigeria "African viewpoint: The nation state" on BBC's website.

Lets face it we may be indeed be the longest suffering people on earth. With all we go through as Nigerians All our woes : Bad leaders, No Electricity, No fuel, Bad Roads, Ethnic violence, Troubled Education system . The list goes on and on.

I think this is a point of fact we are in deed the longest suffering people on Earth.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8493711.stm
Re: BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by Tsiya(m): 8:58pm On Feb 05, 2010
We are suffering but not as much as Haiti, Congo, Burma, and host of other countries.

At least we are spared natural disasters
Re: BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by tundewoods(m): 8:59pm On Feb 05, 2010
Tsiya:

We are suffering but not as much as Haiti, Congo, Burma, and host of other countries.

Yea, i agree with you Tsiya. But when it comes to Bad Governance we got it .
Re: BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by edoyad(m): 9:35pm On Feb 05, 2010
You guys should not just make wild statements. Compare the GDP per capita incomes of the countries you're mentioning to Nigeria's. When you've done that you can also check up on the human development index and see where you country ranks vis a vis the outside world. One thing i'm sure of is that Haitians and Congolese live better than most people in Zamfara, Jigawa et al.
Re: BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 05, 2010
@ topic

yeah, whatever.

let them face the evil people in their midst who arent in govt yet who pull the strings of govt.

in other words, look inwards
Re: BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by MrCrackles(m): 10:08pm On Feb 05, 2010
^ ^ ^ grin
Re: BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by Ikengawo: 7:47am On Feb 06, 2010
Only a nigerian will say nigerians live worst then congolese ppl and haitian ppl.
im waiting for a nigerian to said they're suffering worst then somalians.
then i'll be settled. f ucking useless people.
Re: BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by nacom2(f): 1:18pm On Feb 06, 2010
I think we are not really as bad off as we sometimes lament. Just as Stephen King mentioned in his book titled "Apt Pupil" Others have it worst,  Lets face it truly some other countries do have it worst indeed.
Re: BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by AjanleKoko: 1:20pm On Feb 06, 2010
I would rather say we're the most talkative nation, and we have the most fetid of imaginations.
Re: BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by Bishopking: 3:49pm On Feb 06, 2010
must ajanlekoko use unnecessary vocabulary?
What has 'fetid' got to do with 'imagination'?
Re: BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 06, 2010
disgruntled nigerians,i guessed?
Re: BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by snowdrops(m): 4:55pm On Feb 06, 2010
Could not be nearer the truth.
You guys keep living in denial
Re: BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by otokx(m): 4:58pm On Feb 06, 2010
We are really suffering o
Re: BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by ifele(m): 5:23pm On Feb 06, 2010
Who has been to Makoko, Lagos? End of story.
Re: BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 06, 2010
^^ the vultures have moved on to abuja, so stop flogging makoko matter.
Re: BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 06, 2010
snowdrops:

Could not be nearer the truth.
You guys keep living in denial
if you tired of nigeria,maybe you should relocate to iraq,darfur,somalia or afghanistan.i d i o t
Re: BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by asha80(m): 8:20pm On Feb 06, 2010
~Bluetooth:

if you tired of nigeria,maybe you should relocate to iraq,darfur,somalia or afghanistan.i d i o t

Are these the countries nigeria should be comparing themselves with As years go by na so standards go dey reduce
Re: BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 06, 2010
asha 80:

Are these the countries nigeria should be comparing themselves with As years go by na so standards go dey reduce
nigeria can be bad but cannot be the worse.irrespective of how our political system have failed us,i see no reason why some of us will stoop so low to the extent of making such derogratory comments to a foreign media house.All we need is to canvass for a change which such comments cannot provide.
Re: BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by AjanleKoko: 10:26pm On Feb 06, 2010
Bishopking:

must ajanlekoko use unnecessary vocabulary?
What has 'fetid' got to do with 'imagination'?

grin

Well, you gotta admit, we usually imagine the most terrible, stinkiest scenarios about the nation.
I mean, Nigerians even compare their country to other African states like Ghana. How quirky is that?
Re: BBC:Nigerians Describe Themselves As The Longest Suffering People On Earth. by xterra2(m): 10:48pm On Feb 06, 2010
Tsiya:

Who say so?Our Natural disaster are our leaders

(1) (Reply)

Bankole In Public Brawl With Member / Obama's Telephone / Can We Use This To Solve Our Electricity Shortage In Nigeria Once And For All.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.