Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University (65067 Views)

Fayose Pictured At Abuja Airport On His Way To Lagos For EFCC Trial. / Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) / Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by ak22(m): 10:16am On Jul 22, 2017
okenwa:
Sometimes people need to support and appreciate Fayose regardless of the political inclination.

For his son to have school in Nigeria is commendable. Online others.

Why not state university?
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 22, 2017
rogba dull gan o. 2.2 in a private uni grin. well he would still rule us in ekiti soon

1 Like

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by 234GT(m): 10:16am On Jul 22, 2017
Fayose walking the talk.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by enemyofprogress: 10:17am On Jul 22, 2017
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by banmee(m): 10:17am On Jul 22, 2017
DangotePikin:
Fayose have five sons, most of which attended public universities for thier first degrees. Improvimg the educational sector and promoting innovation as an office holder is not best achieved by segregating private universities. Fayose's decision to have his sons attend both private and public universities is in the best interest of the educational sector and Nigeria as a whole.

A corrupt public official who uses proceeds of his corruption to fund the education of his children and you all are salivating at the mouth. How does any public officer become a multi millionaire. You know why your country is phucked up? Because the citizenry accepts the unacceptable to persist in their lives. You shouldn't even be talking about him. Your talking points should always be about kicking these mofos out of public life. How does a public official become a millionaire in a poverty stricken country like Nigeria? How? You guys thoroughly deserve all the leaders you have, have had and will ever have. Continue.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 22, 2017
My man

1 Like

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by elujah1(m): 10:19am On Jul 22, 2017
Nigerians can be difficult to please, he sends his children abroad to study, we complain. Now one studied here, we complain that its not a public school. How many of you, if you were at his level will send your children to public schools. How many commissioners have their children studying in Nigeria.

15 Likes

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by Jilo83(m): 10:22am On Jul 22, 2017
Ikaboro(wickedness begat evil)
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by naijamafioso: 10:22am On Jul 22, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Convenant University is as expensive as foreign unis.......he no see Ekiti state uni, OAU, UNILAG et.al?

IN EBENEZER OBEYS SONG "KO SOGBON TO LE DA, KOSIWA TO LE HU, KO SONA TO LE MON, TO LE FI TAIYE LORUN O!"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by haywhy146(m): 10:22am On Jul 22, 2017
sarrki:
Wonderful

Make I keep quiet

Wait ooo many of the people that dropped offering and paid their tithe to build covenant university don't even know where the school is located

Not to talk of their children

I remember baba fela
what are u saying exactly??
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 22, 2017
Fayose; the man people love to hate!

1 Like

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by Mypeople2(m): 10:24am On Jul 22, 2017
binsanni:
like father like son, see im wide mouth
congrat though
Hmmm so that's the only thing you saw there. Did you also notice that the guy is handsome?

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by naijamafioso: 10:24am On Jul 22, 2017
banmee:

A corrupt public official who uses proceeds of his corruption to fund the education of his children and you all are salivating at the mouth. How does any public officer become a multi millionaire. You know why your country is phucked up? Because the citizenry accepts the unacceptable to persist in their lives. You shouldn't even be talking about him. Your talking points should always be about kicking these mofos out of public life.aire in a poverty stricken country like Nigeria? How? You guys thoroughly deserve all the leaders you have, have had and will ever have. Continue.

And if you kick him out who will you replace him with? Angel or Pope?

1 Like

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by obailala(m): 10:32am On Jul 22, 2017
banmee:

A corrupt public official who uses proceeds of his corruption to fund the education of his children and you all are salivating at the mouth. How does any public officer become a multi millionaire. You know why your country is phucked up? Because the citizenry accepts the unacceptable to persist in their lives. You shouldn't even be talking about him. Your talking points should always be about kicking these mofos out of public life.aire in a poverty stricken country like Nigeria? How? You guys thoroughly deserve all the leaders you have, have had and will ever have. Continue.
The key point here is that in the gathering of the multitude of corrupt public officials, this particular one decided to patronise a Nigerian Uni for his children.

9 Likes

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by czarmide(m): 10:34am On Jul 22, 2017
AntiWailer:
and Ekiti get university.

No wonder LAUTECH can be closed for years. Their children are not there.

The f00lish electorates in Ekiti are ok with rice and palm oil.

Little Fayose is strategically positioned to continue the slave trade for their next generation.

Same goes for all politicians. They mess up our education system and take their children to a private school home or abroad.

Why can't you direct your grievances to both oyo and osun state that find it difficult to manage Lautech.
My take is this:we need to commend fayose for this.whether covenant university is more expensive compared to foreign university or not,the idea we are solicitating for is to invest in made in Nigeria. If others can emulate this and same is done in other sector,before you know it we will have more of affordable private universities that their programs will rival convenant university

14 Likes

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by melejo(m): 10:34am On Jul 22, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Convenant University is as expensive as foreign unis.......he no see Ekiti state uni, OAU, UNILAG et.al?
Covenant University is as expensive as foreign universities you said? Hope by foreign universities you're talking of Benin Republic and Togo because if by foreign universities you mean the likes of UK and US schools then we must beg your village people to release your brain. You need some kind of exposure. Covenant university is less than a million naira per annum. I guess you know how to brows, Just ask google what is the average cost per annum of UK universities. OLODO 1 of nairaland

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by czarmide(m): 10:41am On Jul 22, 2017
elujah1:
Nigerians can be difficult to please, he sends his children abroad to study, we complain. Now one studied here, we complain that its not a public school. How many of you, if you were at his level will send your children to public schools. How many commissioners have their children studying in Nigeria.

Sense fall on you.Nigerians can never be satisfied.The question we need to ask : what is the percentage of public office holder that have their ward in Nigeria private universities.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by luvlymabel: 10:42am On Jul 22, 2017
we gave offering and tithe to build that school yet i don't still know the location of the school.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by adegeye38(m): 10:44am On Jul 22, 2017
okenwa:
Sometimes people need to support and appreciate Fayose regardless of the political inclination.

despite him deliberately owing workers 10 months salary plus 3 years live bonues, so we should commend him for sending his son to one of the most expensive private uni in Nigeria?

how do you think?

1 Like

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by TechEnd: 10:44am On Jul 22, 2017
greatiyk4u:

I'm sure your Bais for him won't let you see far.
Covenant university is in Nigeria, Expensive or not, Its maned by Nigerians, Managed by Nigerians, Employs Nigerians and reduces the overpopulated Unemployment rate. Isn't that better off than Sending outside the shores.
I'm not Fayoses Apologist, but I commend him.
Private or public, Nigeria is the location.

8 Likes

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 22, 2017
greatiyk4u:

point is, it is in Nigeria. No foreign exchange! There are some Nigerian products that are more expensive than their counterparts and even foreign... But using them means local. That's local content in the real sense!

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by invisibeTroll: 10:48am On Jul 22, 2017
DrayZee:

Na so. People will always have something to say.
Especially when it is Covenant.
What about the rest of his children (apart from his daughter) that went to public uni's?

I'm sure even if his son went to UNILAG, you guys would still complain, that he should have gone to the State University in Ekiti.

No mind them jor. If his children graduates from a state University this same person go still complain say e no see vocational training like mechanic or plumber do.

Person wey dey vex go always vex

7 Likes

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 22, 2017
DangotePikin:
Fayose have five sons, most of which attended public universities for thier first degrees. Improvimg the educational sector and promoting innovation as an office holder is not best achieved by segregating private universities. Fayose's decision to have his sons attend both private and public universities is in the best interest of the educational sector and Nigeria as a whole.
exactly, this man tends to have his principles which I must commend even as I am not a real fan o his.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by banmee(m): 10:50am On Jul 22, 2017
obailala:
The key point here is that in the gathering of the multitude of corrupt public officials, this particular one decided to patronise a Nigerian Uni for his children.

My God. I can't believe any sane human being would have the nerve to type this out. Did you read what you wrote before clicking submit? Why are you guys like this na. I swear, you guys deserve all the leaders you have, had, and will ever have. Smh. Unbelievable.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by banmee(m): 10:52am On Jul 22, 2017
naijamafioso:

And if you kick him out who will you replace him with? Angel or Pope?

And that's the point. You all are corrupt to the bone to the point where there are none to choose from. You hail the deplorables thereby perpetuating the rot in your lives. I beg; continue with this mentality. That is how great countries are made. Smh.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by eyinjuege: 10:54am On Jul 22, 2017
greatiyk4u:

A session in a uni in the UK is at the very least £9000. Multiply that by 4 years = £36000
Covenant pays about 600k in naira (£1500) per session (it may be more or less, years ago it was 450k).

Don't bother to compare the costs with a foreign uni.
All the state unis and fed unis you mentioned are all subsidised by the govt. They also don't pay staff salaries and still get fundings.
If the govt were to hands off the unis and give them complete autonomy, students would be paying more than covenant university.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by czarmide(m): 10:57am On Jul 22, 2017
melejo:
Covenant University is as expensive as foreign universities you said? Hope by foreign universities you're talking of Benin Republic and Togo because if by foreign universities you mean the likes of UK and US schools then we must beg your village people to release your brain. You need some kind of exposure. Covenant university is less than a million naira per annum. I guess you know how to brows, Just ask google what is the average cost per annum of UK universities. OLODO 1 of nairaland

Let those people that are saying convenant university is more expensive than foreign university keep deceiving themselves . No doubt they are referring to Ghana and Togo universities .The highest tuition you can pay in convenant university is not up to N1.5m
I will implore those that disagree to check the student population of those private universities in Nigeria. The population is dominated by middle-class citizens. Can those middle class citizens afford to pay tuition fee in Stanford,Cambridge, Harvard e.tc.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by LordOfNaira: 10:59am On Jul 22, 2017
okenwa:

We are not asking politicians to merely allow their children study in Nigeria. We are asking Nigerian leaders to let their children study in Federal and state schools. Studying in Covenant or any of the other private schools will still not ginger our leaders to upgrade our schools.

When I was in the university, a strike action began in the middle of exams. We begged the strikers to let us take our papers. They told us that they will never hinder us because it would affect their own children too. I remember one of them saying that "it won't affect the VC and many of the professors because they either have children studying abroad or in top private universities in the country."
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by eyinjuege: 11:04am On Jul 22, 2017
People seem to assume its only the children of the rich that go to covenant university.
I know a lot of civil servants, and other regular folks who's children are in covenant.
A lot of times, the families often deprive themselves of all luxuries to send their children to school, but they are still able to afford it.
Same thing a parent abroad who wants to help their child go to the uni without student loans hanging on their necks. You deprive yourself. You start saving towards their college funds while they are still infants.
They understand this, and try to plan well for the future.
These private unis cater for a lot of people and are meeting needs public unis cannot cope with. They should be encouraged, especially the very good ones.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by squash47(m): 11:07am On Jul 22, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Atire o...that one na schooling in Nigeria ?
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by TechEnd: 11:07am On Jul 22, 2017
luvlymabel:
we gave offering and tithe to build that school yet i don't still know the location of the school.

Did anyone force you to put offering?
I'm sure you did it to further Gods work.
So why demean your blessings.

Get a business and try to run it well, you should get a better clue on how schools are run too and what running expenses imply.
Public schools are run alongside the govt. Leave the schools to run themselves and see how expensive it will be to your pocket.

Let's act like we reason well sometimes. Its not so hard.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bashir El-Rufai: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Locked Up In A Cell With A Cow / Live Updates: OYO State 2019 Governorship Election / James Ibori Arrives Oghara In Delta State, Welcomed By Crowd (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.