Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,276 members, 7,780,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:04 PM

5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped (22318 Views)

Guy Asks For Photoshopped Pic Of Him At The Eiffel Tower, See What He Got / . / 20 Real Pictures That We Swear Are Photoshopped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by Raychux23(m): 6:03pm On Jul 21, 2017

We live in a world when once an event occurs, the first sound to hear are the clicks of smart phones camera. People take photographs for different reasons and as the saying goes “a picture is worth a thousand words” so, how do you tell if a photo has been photoshopped? For most pictures we have online have been manipulated or enhanced. Reasons may varies but for most, they may simply want to make you believe what truly is not real or they just want to look more physical appealing.

Below are some of the ways to know if a photo has been photoshopped. So help yourself and those around you to spot a fake photograph and reduce it aim, which is to create a hoax or simply to deceive.

1. A Little Common Sense

Sometimes, spotting a doctored photograph can be obvious; somethings might just fall out of place. This can be seen in some photographs having slightly misplaced body parts or too enhance/spotless body features. So, having to look deeply on any obvious signs from the norm can prove to you what is not right.

2. Pay Attention To The Photo quality (Pixelation)

A modified photo often has digital distortion. This photo distortion can be in form of pixelation or just imperfect coloring, and this can be a good indicator of the photo’s validity. But signs of digital distortion are easier noticed on small and medium size photographs than on larger ones.

3. Shifting Light

Examining the way light interacts with the photo objects is another way to spot a doctored photograph. If this is true, shadows and highlights will appear to violate the laws of physics. This is most common when a subject has been added or removed from a photo. A common mistake can be an object that doesn’t cast a shadow or has it lights coming from a different direction.

4. Google Reverse Image Search

Using a reverse image search is also an easy way to spot a doctored image. To do this, just drag and drop a photo unto the Google image search bar to bring related images of the photograph. In the case of a photo that has been altered, this can showed up the original image or images that look like the manipulated photo.

5. Use Web Forensic Tools

If with the listed above ways you still couldn’t tell if a photo was photoshopped. Then, using a web photo forensic tool will come in handy. By using a forensic web tool like FotoForensics, it can help you detect a more difficult to tell photoshopped image. And also let you know where the manipulation was done.

For questions, ask below.

SOURCE: http://techablaze.com/blog/5-easy-ways-to-tell-if-a-photo-has-been-photoshopped/

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by Raychux23(m): 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
Anyone has more idea to add?
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
I knew this post will make front page...... op wehdone ooo... only you post only you make ftc... double honours.... ..mcteww

4 Likes

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by pelumi111: 7:37am On Jul 25, 2017
tt
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by adedayo3193(m): 7:37am On Jul 25, 2017
Interesting

6 Likes

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 25, 2017
[/]What of this one?[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by engrFsumtin(m): 7:37am On Jul 25, 2017
Especially the necks

2 Likes

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by Cutezt(m): 7:38am On Jul 25, 2017
Ok, nice tips OP, cos photoshop is really causing trouble lately

Meanwhile
How Much Do You Know About Your Phone? Check out These 16 Amazing Facts About Phones

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by valx2: 7:39am On Jul 25, 2017
Oge okoye ntooor
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by Jerrypolo(m): 7:40am On Jul 25, 2017
Number 6.

If the photograph is of Buhari in London wearing that same long attire and there is a smile on his face.

1 Like

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by kelvine(m): 7:41am On Jul 25, 2017
Still not as easy as described.
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by mumeen4allah(m): 7:41am On Jul 25, 2017
Noce one OP. Thumbs up!
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by amylomo(f): 7:42am On Jul 25, 2017
Hehehe.. Yeye dey smell
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by GMBuhari: 7:42am On Jul 25, 2017
liepobs wont like this

Especially the common sense part

Nnamdi whose passports were seized somehow got to oval office with Trump, i see resolute desk among other features

In another version Trump visited Nnamdi , i didn't realize Nnamdi has his own oval office... Coincidentally Obama and Nnamdi wear the same shoe, same suit in the same location

LiePobs are brain dead

12 Likes

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by BlackDBagba: 7:42am On Jul 25, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by maxiuc(m): 7:43am On Jul 25, 2017
It doesn't concern me

If you love fake life then you should live it to the extreme

Photoshop or not my dear I just mind my own business

5 Likes

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by Jerryojozy(m): 7:45am On Jul 25, 2017
K
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by Beejayarts: 7:48am On Jul 25, 2017
billionboss:
Do you ever wish to be become a Blogger then. You can own a blog today for free. This was created for free for me www . entrepreneurship . com . ng I only purchased the domain and www . entrepreneurship . com . ng and hosting from them. It was created free of charge. The Offer is still open if you need one check details in the imagee beloww.,.:,,,
Dont you ever get banned?
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 25, 2017
grin

4 Likes

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by Akonimohate2: 7:56am On Jul 25, 2017
Hhh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by farouk0403(m): 7:57am On Jul 25, 2017
GMBuhari:
liepobs wont like this

Nnamdi whose passports were seized somehow got to oval office with Trump, i see resolute desk among other features

In another version Trump visited Nnamdi , i didn't realize Nnamdi has his own oval office... Coincidentally Obama and Nnamdi wear the same shoe, same suit in the same location

LiePobs are brain dead

Na lie go kill them oneday, they are busy feeding the gullible ones with keg of lies.

Nnamdi Cownu even in the photoshoped picture he has low self esteem and act like a serial killer. See how he bend his head.

1 Like

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by ikorodureporta: 8:08am On Jul 25, 2017
...so which is the photoshopped here??

2 Likes

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by CarmelloANGEL(m): 8:16am On Jul 25, 2017
Please help Nigerians, is this Photoshoped as claimed?

3 Likes

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by peacebirdone: 8:24am On Jul 25, 2017
Photoshopped images are going to be harder to spot by 2019.

1 Like

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by olowobaba10: 8:24am On Jul 25, 2017
EVEN NIGERIAN POLITICIANS ARE ALLL PHOTOSHOPPED

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by Princeboca12(m): 8:29am On Jul 25, 2017
Victorakats:
Good stuff!
Think investment Today!
Do you want to earn millions from genuine affiliate programs?
Send a whatsapp message to 0>9>0>9>3>3>5>2>0>0>3
Maximize this investment opportunity!
when you make yours, call me

2 Likes

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by Ennyholar: 8:34am On Jul 25, 2017
Nice One OP
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by RandomVic(m): 8:43am On Jul 25, 2017
Some photoshop jobs are faultless. If done by a pretty decent photoshop head to the extent that even if you were showed the real photo you still won't be able to tell the real from the fake.

1 Like

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by Generalyemi(m): 8:45am On Jul 25, 2017
GMBuhari:
liepobs wont like this

LiePobs are brain dead

buhari is dead. ..
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped by donhils: 8:57am On Jul 25, 2017
So after I find out the picture was Photoshoped, what am I supposed to do next?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coreldraw / Check This Awesome Work Of Art. / Free Logo, Flier, Banner And Website Designs Here- Drop Your Requests...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.