Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. (8296 Views)

If You Represent A People, You Won’t Like To See Them Suffering’ – Buhari / Senator Abaribe Accused Buhari Of Incompetence Over Muammar Gaddafi - Herdsmen / President Buhari Blames Gaddafi For Herdsmen Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by rozayx5(m): 7:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
Arda1000:
u must be a yoruba man(afonja pricesly)

dont mind the dude

is it the same OBJ that could not fix basic infrastructure in 8 years and left many major roads in ruins and blowing billions of dollars on non existent power projects

Awolowo was another bigot, contributed nothing to NIgeria apart from free education for his brothers in the SW

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by hakeem4(m): 7:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
Arda1000:
u must be a yoruba man(afonja pricesly)
what ever you wish to say

Just tell me any other African leader better than those I listed

2 Likes

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by Arda1000(m): 7:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
rozayx5:

dont mind the dude

is it the same OBJ that could not fix basic infrastructure in 8 years and left many major roads in ruins and blowing billions of dollars on non existent power projects

Awolowo was another bigot, contributed nothing to NIgeria apart from free education for his brothers in the SW
fact

2 Likes

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by hakeem4(m): 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
Bibors:

I wanted to click like before I began seeing some horrible names. . you can identify the names
please give me example

Or is it all the Nigerian leaders ?

1 Like

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by Arda1000(m): 8:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
hakeem4:
what ever you wish to say

Just tell me any other African leader better than those I listed
u shudnt ask dat question, its making u more dumber dan u are

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by walepackage(m): 8:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
"Africa has come of age,africa is no longer under the orbit of any extra continental power,it should no longer take orders from any country however powerful.The fortunes of africa are ours to make or mar.For too long have we been treated as adolscents,who cannot discern their interest and act acordingly.For too long has it been presume that africa needs an outside experts to tel him/her who her his friend and enemies.The time has come we should make it clear that we can decides for ourselves.That we know our own interests and protect it..."Blessed memory of murtala muhamed(ramat) at A.U Meeting wit Gaddafi.The two great African leaders that are "realist" and i respect alot.

1 Like

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by DerideGull(m): 8:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
hakeem4:
He was one of the best African leaders Africa ever had

With the likes of Thomas sankara, obafemi awolowo, Patrice lumumba, nelson mandela kwame Nkrumah, murtala Mohammed, olusegun obasanjo, Rawlings

Are you shamelessly drunk? Awolowo never led anybody talk less a country. The same goes to Patrice Lumumba who behaved like Gowon. Only dumbass African will kill a fellow Africans of because natural resources and being urged by Europeans. Nelson Mandela was turned into a willing tool. Thomas sankara, murtala Mohammed, olusegun obasanjo and Rawlings can amount to anything only in Africa. What a bunch of loafers.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by DerideGull(m): 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
Manbryto:
Post ghadafi Libya is a mess
Democracy is a US-sponsored scam

You could not be more correct. Appropriately, Democracy is colonialists-sponsored scam.
Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by aragonchuks(m): 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
I hate u.s government..they give you fish with right hand murder you with both hands before you eat the fish ...if only africa can unite and avoid external power ...Africa is a great continent

4 Likes

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by furrr(m): 9:09pm On Jul 22, 2017
ivandragon:
even Hitler was able to turn Germany into an industrial & military super power (at the time);

Chairman Mao revolutionized China but at the expense of freedom & about 40m lives;

Stalin turned Russia into a fearsome military power but committed genocides;

Erdogan is quickly turning Turkey back into an Islamic state through authoritarian means;

so make what you will of Qhaddafi...

no matter how bad a leader is, they always have some good works to 'brag' about... but we must never forget that good infrastructure & other physical amenities are not enough to compensate for natural liberties & personal freedom...

the dividends of democracy are not roads, light, water or other physical amenities...

the dividends of democracy is your freedom... to life, expression, religion, thought etc...

Keep deceiving yourself

South Sudan is a democracy.......
Somalia is a democracy
Chad is a democracy
Niger
Mali
Benin
Togo
Yemen
Etc etc.........
Nigeria and Ghana are all democracy
They enjoy all what you mentioned....(in theory)

And yet million and millions of all those enjoying "freedom" will in a heartbeat choose to live in a gaddafis Libya,, putins Russia,,, Xi jinpings China,,,,,, erdogans turkey,,,,,than live in this so called countries that almost 70% of their people live on less than a dollar........

And FYI even the libyans today living in "democracy" have now understood that they have been duped..... undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by hakeem4(m): 9:10pm On Jul 22, 2017
DerideGull:

Are you shamelessly drunk? Awolowo never led anybody talk less a country. The same goes to Patrice Lumumba who behaved like Gowon. Only dumbass African will kill a fellow Africans of because natural resources and being urged by Europeans. Nelson Mandela was turned into a willing tool. Thomas sankara, murtala Mohammed, olusegun obasanjo and Rawlings can amount to anything only in Africa. What a bunch of loafers.
I said leaders, not head of state ..... did awolowo not lead the western region

Tell me any of the world greatest leaders without any flaw

1 Like

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by PatriotTemidayo: 9:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
Modsenemy:

Technically, His people didn't betray him . But was literally betrayed by his people under the influence of the imperialists (US)

According to facts, he was assasinated by an external body (I think France)

Libya will know no peace unless they ask for forgiveness
I like your angle but I still stick to the fact that his people betrayed him.

Just because some other cliques want to rule, they ignored the benefits they were getting. Some of which even UK & US citizens don't get.

I believe the lessons are learnt already. Too late to cry though.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by ESDKING: 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
Ok
Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by surgical: 9:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
hakeem4:

With the likes of Thomas sankara, obafemi awolowo, Patrice lumumba, nelson mandela kwame Nkrumah, murtala Mohammed, olusegun obasanjo, Rawlings
How can you put obasanjo together with these people.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by surgical: 9:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
Alexk2:
Hmmmm........After him, libya have never been the same..all thanks to US Govt and her properganda.
Thats the evil of propaganda its always an harbinger of misry,next time when you see a propagandist run for your dear life.
Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by hakeem4(m): 10:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
surgical:
How can you put obasanjo together with this people.
why shouldn't he be there ?
Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by amjoseph19: 10:17pm On Jul 22, 2017
hakeem4:

who's the best democratic leader Nigeria ever had ?
PRESIDENT UMARU MUSA YARADUA.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 11:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
hakeem4:

Nelson Mandela became a hero by serving a long jail term but a failure as president. He hardly know what to do with power.
Patrice Lumumba and Murtala Mohammed were not tested.
Kwame Nkrumah was only an oratorial rather than a practical performer.
Thomas Sankara started on a good footing while Rawlings set Ghana on the road to progress. He it was that was tested and passed. He also shunned sit-tightism when he could've.
As a regional premier for a short period of time, Awolowo made history by scoring many firsts in black Africa with astute economy and discipline. If he could perform those miracles with so much little amidst intense national opposition and conspiracy, he was tested enough to perform wonderful at the national level.
When a former British PM, James Callaghan, came for condolence visit when Awolowo died, he said this of him -"Awolowo came into the world 100 years before his time. Had he been a briton, he would've have been one of the best PMs of Britain".

Olusegun Obasanjo is a terrible accident on that list. Nigeria would've been better than it is today without the likes of OBJ, IBB, Abacha, etc. I do not know of the north but down south generally, OBJ was a dismal failure.
His only achievement is external reserves at the cost of peoples' progress. In addition, he was brazenly corrupt and despotic.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by revolt(m): 12:17am On Jul 23, 2017
hakeem4:

he's Africa's best leader ever....the west killed him because he was bringing liberation to Africa...
Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by chukxie(m): 1:48am On Jul 23, 2017
The US will never know peace for what it did to Libya. Ghadaffi was no saint. He was a tyrant who ruled his country with high-handedness. But in spite of his shortcomings, he made sure Libyans were comfortable - more comfortable than most Americans and citizens of most western countries were. America wanted Libya's vast oil so it used the CIA to infiltrate Libya, set up cells there and gradually began to poison the minds of Libyans. The same tactics it used in Iraq. The same tactics it's been trying to use in China for years but hasn't succeeded. Look at what Libya has turned to - a war zone. A once prosperous nation is now poverty stricken all thanks to the US and its allies.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by IJOBA2: 2:08am On Jul 23, 2017
pdppower:
USA is indeed number one terrorist nation
GADAFFI WAS KILLED BY HIS FELLOW MUSLIM, BARRACK HUSSEIN OBAMA

1 Like

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by IJOBA2: 2:11am On Jul 23, 2017
hakeem4:

YOU MEAN THE COWARD THAT DRANK RATAK

3 Likes

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by Nobody: 4:12am On Jul 23, 2017
Then the stupid terrorists killed him for the West. Fools!!!!
Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by Connoisseur(m): 5:03am On Jul 23, 2017
ivandragon:
even Hitler was able to turn Germany into an industrial & military super power (at the time);

Chairman Mao revolutionized China but at the expense of freedom & about 40m lives;

Stalin turned Russia into a fearsome military power but committed genocides;

Erdogan is quickly turning Turkey back into an Islamic state through authoritarian means;

so make what you will of Qhaddafi...

no matter how bad a leader is, they always have some good works to 'brag' about... but we must never forget that good infrastructure & other physical amenities are not enough to compensate for natural liberties & personal freedom...

the dividends of democracy are not roads, light, water or other physical amenities...

the dividends of democracy is your freedom... to life, expression, religion, thought etc...

No doubt to your argument in quite but I sincerely hope Libyans are really enjoying their freedom... to life, expression, religion, thought etc...

Tell me another story

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by Pavarottii(m): 5:40am On Jul 23, 2017
hakeem4:
can you mention any African leader better than them ?
Good luck Ebele Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by Pavarottii(m): 5:41am On Jul 23, 2017
IJOBA2:
GADAFFI WAS KILLED BY HIS FELLOW MUSLIM, BARRACK HUSSEIN OBAMA
He was not killed by Obama, he was killed by the US govt. Obama was just used.
Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by odysey: 6:07am On Jul 23, 2017
hakeem4:

Obj in this list Are You Serious
Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by ivandragon: 6:12am On Jul 23, 2017
Connoisseur:

No doubt to your argument in quite but I sincerely hope Libyans are really enjoying their freedom... to life, expression, religion, thought etc...

Tell me another story

touche...

but sometimes, freedom does have a high price.
Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by ivandragon: 6:15am On Jul 23, 2017
Connoisseur:

Tell me another story

Touche...

but sometimes freedom does have a high price. by the way, do you know the number of people that got 'missing' while he was the leader?
Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by hakeem4(m): 6:22am On Jul 23, 2017
amjoseph19:

PRESIDENT UMARU MUSA YARADUA.

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by IgboYorubaHausa: 6:37am On Jul 23, 2017
prospero5:
the guy above me. na wa ooo!

the story is about Gaddafi not USA.

So you can't connect US and his death? Or are you lazy upstairs?
Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by ivandragon: 6:37am On Jul 23, 2017
furrr:

Keep deceiving yourself

South Sudan is a democracy.......
Somalia is a democracy
Chad is a democracy
Niger
Mali
Benin
Togo
Yemen
Etc etc.........
Nigeria and Ghana are all democracy
They enjoy all what you mentioned....(in theory)

And yet million and millions of all those enjoying "freedom" will in a heartbeat choose to live in a gaddafis Libya,, putins Russia,,, Xi jinpings China,,,,,, erdogans turkey,,,,,than live in this so called countries that almost 70% of their people live on less than a dollar........

And FYI even the libyans today living in "democracy" have now understood that they have been duped..... undecided

You are the one deceiving yourself.

What about countries like New Zealand, Chile, Ireland, Switzerland.

Why limit yourself to suffering rather than aspiring for better. Where would you rather live... In Putin's Russia or Trump's US?

Anyway, you sound like someone who grew up in a feudal household & does not understand what it truly means to have civil liberties.

Furthermore, the Libyan situation is compounded by ISIS & not primarily by Qaddafi's removal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2018 Party Primaries Among The Worst In Nigeria – INEC Chairman / IPOB: Ohanaeze Writes Tinubu, Pleads For Kanu’s Release / Alao Akala Awards N25m For 5 Public Toilets.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.