Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) (31225 Views)

Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State / A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead / Three Storey Building Collapses At Ilasa, Lagos (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by investnow2013: 10:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
#A_Completed 4 storey building Collapsed at owerreAja Ugwuagba obosi Anambra state, This happened at the middle of the night yesterday after a very heavy rainfall, although no casualties was recorded, I guess they used a substandard materials for the building, or what could have caused this?

1 Share

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by investnow2013: 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
OWERRE AJA LAYOUT OBOSI ANAMBRA STATE

1 Like

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by chukwui(m): 10:27pm On Jul 22, 2017
Buharia is the cursed

10 Likes

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by investnow2013: 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
Lalasticlala Come and seeoooo!!!

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by investnow2013: 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
Another building collapse in Obosi, Anambra state. Our leaders are the reasons especially the legislators are the reason we still encounter such incidence.

What should be done.

It's good the policy of govt in confiscating every site of building collapse, but alot still need to be done, a law must be enacted to checkmate our quack engineers and contractors. Any contractor that supervised a building that later collapsed must be made to spend like a year in prison or an option of ten million naira while the owner hands-off the land.

With such enactment, no engineer/contractor risk embarking on a substandard project while the client ensure he employ competent hands. Our legislators must sit-up, Rommy Obi, Nikky Ugochukwu, Ben Nwankwo must sit up.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 22, 2017
angry
This is really unbecoming and pathetic,
We don't learn from mistakes,
I hope no casualties, even as government condones off the rubble, mopup and seiveing through is needed, for possibility of rescuing survivors.

To the crux,
Could it be that government is slumbering in her docility, negligence and indolence,
There have been replete of similar cases with intermittent reoccurring decimal in recent times,

Could the government be an aider and abaiter of this inglorious mishaps?
I doubt if past Perpetrators have faced the wrath of the law, which emboldened this dastardly reoccurance.
If the government wasn't resting on its oars, measures of deterrence would have been enforced,

Proper investigation is needed to ascertain the root cause of this artificially induced disaster,
The building code/law is there, but is not being implemented too, this makes me cringe honestly,

On to the next,
Please the aetropolis project have work begun?
The orient refinery is it modular, or for jet fuel only, and has it been completed?
The ikenga mall, nnewi mall any update?
News on the onitsha hotel have been off radar, has it been completed?
The three arm zone project, is it still on course?
Have golden tulip finished the agulu Lake Resort?
The medical oxygen plant in awka any update?
The work on century power plant and loyola colleges in okija, have they kicked off?
When will the ogbunike, Oba international trade and artisan market be completed?
The plans of turning ogbunike cave to tourists haven, have they been jettisoned?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by Jetleeee: 11:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
I find it difficult to believe a building actually collapsed in a place with so many developers

Even Abiama was shocked

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by Narldon: 11:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
Bad
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by Gesd(m): 11:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
bet why
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by coptic: 11:33pm On Jul 22, 2017
Thank God that no casualties were recorded.

Would have been devastating.

This reminds me of my compound at Ifite, Awka. Then we nick-named the place "one week, one trouble!"

Greed is why all these things are happening.

May we all be shielded from calamities caused by the recklessness and unkind nature of mankind!

3 Likes

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 22, 2017
Obosi ....

Odiegwu oooo
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by amiskyberry(f): 11:33pm On Jul 22, 2017
Onitsha and skyscrapers

16 Likes

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by Dumdumfashion(f): 11:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
Thank God no life was lost. It's so sad the kind of country we find ourselves in.

For this way happen now, nobody will be held responsible o.

The engineer way dey build the house will be like 'unto the next one'

1 Like

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 11:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
I dey suspect the owner of those newer flats. Let's ask TB Joshua.........
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by Pilot4Airbus(m): 11:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
Nairaland never close till now??

11:35 PM
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by auntysimbiat(f): 11:35pm On Jul 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by yemzzy22(m): 11:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
all these houses with poor construction and old times with no renovation the government should help us do something abt this
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by kelvinUchiha(m): 11:36pm On Jul 22, 2017
The debris doesn't look like the building was finished..it looks like it was still in progress

7 Likes

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by obaival(m): 11:36pm On Jul 22, 2017
I must comment nothing will make me not to comment
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by SmartMugu: 11:36pm On Jul 22, 2017
I'm sure some people will come here and start blaming Buhari, Kanu, witches and wizards for this. Just watch and see them. They'll be here soon, just watch.
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by Dollyak(f): 11:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
What a disgrace. Nigerians can't seem to get the most basic things right. Buildings collapse is way too frequent.
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by 0b100100111: 11:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
amiskyberry:
Onitsha and skyscrapers

Substandard skyscrapers

They build residential barracks!

4 Likes

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by oloet: 11:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
developers!!!

3 Likes

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by Omofunaab2: 11:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
Jetleeee:
I find it difficult to believe a building actually collapsed in a place with so many developers

Even Abiama was shocked

Lol, Japan of Africa

17 Likes

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by hilroy: 11:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
The collapse is as a result of substandard products sold by their brothers

7 Likes

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by vioment: 11:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
May GOD help the survivors and forgive the dead if any. I am probably sure it has to do with funds, material quality, and probably design. I hope the neighboring buildings are not badly affected. They should be wary.
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by segebase(m): 11:42pm On Jul 22, 2017
N
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by PenSniper: 11:46pm On Jul 22, 2017
First casualty of the missile just released from the Nri garden known as the forest of evil by the Ipob leader.
Do not say i told you that,
Iya baale ni aje.
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by olumbar65(m): 11:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
true talk
investnow2013:
Another building collapse in Obosi, Anambra state. Our leaders are the reasons especially the legislators are the reason we still encounter such incidence.

What should be done.

It's good the policy of govt in confiscating every site of building collapse, but alot still need to be done, a law must be enacted to checkmate our quack engineers and contractors. Any contractor that supervised a building that later collapsed must be made to spend like a year in prison or an option of ten million naira while the owner hands-off the land.

With such enactment, no engineer/contractor risk embarking on a substandard project while the client ensure he employ competent hands. Our legislators must sit-up, Rommy Obi, Nikky Ugochukwu, Ben Nwankwo must sit up.
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by dialoaded(m): 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2017
Nawa o...
how can this be possible? Save o. A building collapsing everyday, you can find this kind of post on my blog too
[url=http:www.dialoaded.com]News & Gist[/url]
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) by iLoveConductor: 11:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
All you Obomoso migrants know is to be claiming Lagos.
Show us how many skyscrapers dey inside your abandoned father's village in Obomoso. wink cheesy
0b100100111:

Substandard skyscrapers

They build residential barracks!

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strictly For People With Low Income Budget Who Want To Rent Apartments In Lagos / Just Buy And Build Now At Grandeur Estate Abijo GRA! / CONSTRUCTION Of A 5bd/rm Duplex @OSAPA LONDON LEKKI LAGOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.