Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? (10329 Views)

TB Joshua On The Mountain Praying For Coronavirus End (Photos) / Daddy Freeze To MFM: Praying For Your Enemies To Die Is Anti-christ Doctrine / What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by aviationguy: 11:13am On Jul 23, 2017
the kingdom of God suffers violence and it's was taketh by force,stop the enemies before they killed.
because the devil came to steal,to kill and to destroy,its depends on your level of understanding in the prayers ministries read the book of psalms it's deals more in praying against our enemies..

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by toluxe0075: 11:13am On Jul 23, 2017
God’s Patience and Our Impatience. We instinctively divide ourselves into good and evil, friends and enemies. The consequence of such a distinction is in tolerance and a desire to solve immediately whatever tensions arise from them. Some ask God to intervene and judge and punish others. The readings‘ today tell us that God does not do things like that. The first reading Wisdom 12:13.16-l9, teaches us that he uses his power not to punish us, but to save us; he wants all of us to do likewise. The gospel Matthew 13:24-43 tells us to accept with peace of mind the presence of evil in the world, and invites us to recognise the weeds in our own hearts. It assures us that the love of God will one day destroy it. The second reading Romans8:26-27 speaks of the Spirit that prays for us, beseeching the Father to destroy all evil. This prayer will certainly be heard.
Extracted from catholic missal
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by duos: 11:13am On Jul 23, 2017
Before you say such prayers. Make sure you are not another's enemy. We should Pray God to deliver us from the hand of our enemies not to kill them

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by martineverest(m): 11:13am On Jul 23, 2017
ivolt:
Christianity evolves, don't be left behind!
evolve beyond what d bible preaches?y is it only african christianity dats involving

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by WizzyDollar(m): 11:14am On Jul 23, 2017
(Don't pray for them to die O)

Pray for them to become stronger everyday and use your destiny as toothpick while your brain is chicken to celebrate victory on your head......
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 23, 2017
lelvin:
I don't know if it's only me but I have always felt praying for our enemies to die in church is just not the Christian way of doing things.

Don't get it twisted, am in church right now and the prayer coordinator just raised a prayer point, "Father anyone against my progress against my family progress as they step out of their house this morning, may Sanford trailer jam them".
No one is perfect, and we've all got enemies. Imagine there all start praying like that or even worse.

I attended a church sometime last month and one of the prayer points was that, "Any body against my progress, anybody that is out to harm me today, before they come out this morning Father break their legs in Jesus name". In my mind I was like it should be in SARS name not Jesus name because na SARS fit do something like that.

It's not just right please because Christ preached love and not hate.

Dear OP,

I understand the confusion very much having been in churches and hearing such commands. But my understanding is as follows, please read carefully:

Christianity as established by Peter the rest of the Disciples had rules. But permit me to say that not all of our churches are practicing Christianity as it was instituted by St Peter some 2017 years ago. Most of our Churches today are 'Magnificent Shrines', 'Wonderful Temples', and 'Esoteric Command Centers'.

It is true that if you really pray that prayer and sing the commands, your enemies will truly be badly affected but if your enemies also have higher vibrational frequencies, the prayers will boomerang and totally turn back and hurt the Christian that sent out that prayer request to the universe.

So, becareful the prayers you indulge in, and do not bother judging the Churches. Most Churches are NOT Christian Centers, but spiritual command networks that cause havocs here and there and also manifesting expectations.

Not all church goers are Christians, many are just 'ignorant magicians'.

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by kingreign(m): 11:16am On Jul 23, 2017
EVERY ENEMIES IN MY LIFE, FROM MY FATHER'S SIDE OR MY MOTHER'S SIDE OR WITHIN MY FRIENDS CYCLE THAT DONT WANT ME TO PROGRESS AND DONT WANT ME TO RISE TO MY DESTINY, YOU ARE A LIAR!

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

FALL DOWN AND DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!

angry

3 Likes

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by iykofias(m): 11:16am On Jul 23, 2017
martineverest:
but dont forget dat ur mother,father,sister or child could be ur enemy
reboot your brain
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by martineverest(m): 11:17am On Jul 23, 2017
manikal:
Matthew 6:5

"And when you pray, do not be like the HYPOCRITES, for they LOVE TO PRAY STANDING in the SYNAGOGUES and on the STREET CORNERS to be SEEN BY MEN. I tell you the truth, they have RECEIVED their REWARD IN FULL.
6 But when you pray, GO INTO YOUR ROOM, CLOSE THE DOOR and pray to your Father, WHO IS UNSEEN. Then your Father, who SEES WHAT IS DONE IN SECRET, will reward you.
7 And when you pray, do not KEEP ON BABBLING like PAGANS, for THEY THINK they will be HEARD because of their MANY WORDS.
8 DO NOT BE LIKE THEM, for your Father KNOWS WHAT YOU NEED BEFORE YOU ASK HIM.
this is what most pentecoastal churches wont let u know....they will tell u to pray as if u got madness

4 Likes

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by martineverest(m): 11:17am On Jul 23, 2017
iykofias:
reboot your brain
until u reboot ur awkward and backward brain first

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 11:19am On Jul 23, 2017
fait10:
how does this relate to the post

Career boosting is now a treatment? The guy is obviously sick.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Victor08032(m): 11:20am On Jul 23, 2017
Let be sincere to ourselves, in this time of recession, the situation where Nigeria still dealing inconveniently with us in our economists , if your enemy want to add with your burden, you need topray for repentance for him/her from his evil way, but if he seems to refused to seek after your life

Brethren, what makes Jesus sent those evil spirit legion out from the mad man of gadaran to sea swine

Pray that your enemy should receive destruction

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by ysyowel(m): 11:22am On Jul 23, 2017
vengeance is mine says the LORD,

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Idango(m): 11:23am On Jul 23, 2017
Op , don't you think you disrespect God when you are in the church and prayer is going on and you are busy on your phone, on the internet?
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by otokx(m): 11:24am On Jul 23, 2017
No, the church is fast becoming an occultic shrine
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by otokx(m): 11:25am On Jul 23, 2017
Idango:
Op , don't you are think you disrespect God when you are in the church and prayer is going on and you are busy on your phone, on the internet?

not at all.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by slowice(m): 11:26am On Jul 23, 2017
Some people re seriously competing with the devil n demons to show they are badder n can do more harm to their neighbors than the devil, brothers suffer not the witch to live dey Bible ooo...

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by iykofias(m): 11:27am On Jul 23, 2017
martineverest:
until u reboot ur awkward and backward brain first
i may not b perfect but atleast i'm not u
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by slowice(m): 11:32am On Jul 23, 2017
otokx:
No, the church is fast becoming an occultic shrine

Yes Brother you re right... In church we make sacrifice, eat flesh and drink blood... And if any body wan do us anyhow we show them the power of the blood. God is the greatest n only deity n it's humans like us that worship him so any human or demon that do anyhow we ve the power to end their career n possess their possession grin
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by ivolt: 11:32am On Jul 23, 2017
martineverest:
evolve beyond what d bible preaches?y is it only african christianity dats involving

All christianity have evolved and are still evolving.
Go read some history books to get the full details.
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by ysyowel(m): 11:32am On Jul 23, 2017
such kind of prayer exist in the Bible especially in the book of Psalm. But such prayer should not be always prayed since we know God want you to love your enemies
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by alizma: 11:33am On Jul 23, 2017
ybalogs:
IF YOU REALLY NEED YOUR ENEMY TO DIE,THE FASTEST WAY IS TO PRAY IN CHURCH.WE THERE ARE ENEMIES THAT NEEDS TO DIE O.WOULDN'T BE WRONG THEN.
so what you are saying is that our Lord's prayer and some other parts of the Bible that seek forgiveness for our enemies are wrong right?
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by martineverest(m): 11:37am On Jul 23, 2017
iykofias:
i may not b perfect but atleast i'm not u
now u know u arent perfect.

Ur pastors have successfully made u believe dat d villagers are ur only enemies,when u or ur parents could be
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Reference(m): 11:37am On Jul 23, 2017
Amongst the attributes that impressed God about King Solomon after his life changing sacrifice was that: 'he did not ask for the heads of his enemies'. So he was accorded wisdom instead 'to handle them'. What it tells me about these things is that the level of relationship you have with God accords you certain privileges not generally available amongst which is sure victories over all adversities. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His Righteousness (another title of Jesus) and ALL these things including dominion will be given freely. God himself will fight for you and you will hold your peace. It is babies that cry. Adults discuss. And it is to them wisdom is given to rule and reign. A lot of Christians these days are too busy on the wrong things and fail to recognise the reason for their existence which is to pleasure the Lord. I have no time to pray those kind of prayers when there are important things to discuss with God. What are His Angels for.

2 Likes

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by victrick105: 11:41am On Jul 23, 2017
The bible made us understand that we wrestle not against 'FLESH' and 'BLOOD' but against 'PRINCIPALITIES' and 'POWERS' and rulers of wickedness...therefore if you end ip fighting the flesh, you will end up fighting the wrong battle...source is frm my bible, no be ''my pastor say''.

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by iykofias(m): 11:46am On Jul 23, 2017
martineverest:
now u know u arent perfect.

Ur pastors have successfully made u believe dat d villagers are ur only enemies,when u or ur parents could be
**yawns** byebye
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by eyostines(m): 11:46am On Jul 23, 2017
lelvin:
I don't know if it's only me but I have always felt praying for our enemies to die in church is just not the Christian way of doing things.

Don't get it twisted, am in church right now and the prayer coordinator just raised a prayer point, "Father anyone against my progress against my family progress as they step out of their house this morning, may Sanford trailer jam them".
No one is perfect, and we've all got enemies. Imagine there all start praying like that or even worse.

I attended a church sometime last month and one of the prayer points was that, "Any body against my progress, anybody that is out to harm me today, before they come out this morning Father break their legs in Jesus name". In my mind I was like it should be in SARS name not Jesus name because na SARS fit do something like that.

It's not just right please because Christ preached love and not hate.
the Bibles states clearly that we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers. that's what we revoke when we pray against our enemy. just that prayer points are being twisted this days to suit the Congregational expectations
Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Soso990240(m): 12:02pm On Jul 23, 2017
aviationguy:
the kingdom of God suffers violence and it's was taketh by force,stop the enemies before they killed.
because the devil came to steal,to kill and to destroy,its depends on your level of understanding in the prayers ministries read the book of psalms it's deals more in praying against our enemies..
ur quote on the kingdom of God suffering violence has nothing to do with d topic at hand. stop twisting d word of God to encourage ur selfish interest. u re a christian and u believ in d word of God (bible).Is it written in d bible dat we should pray for our enemies to die? Rubbish. U are one of d gullible nigerians dat are easilly brainwashed by all these fake yahoo pastors.

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by udemzyudex(m): 12:05pm On Jul 23, 2017
See them, later they will be the ones running from one church to another seeking for help.

As far as I'm concerned, we have enemies, if you like pray from now till next year for God to change their hrt, there are some that will never change and have sworn to deal with you spiritually, they want to see you die before they leave you.

I will never allow someone to kill me, then later repent and give his or life to christ..

2 Likes

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Suspense12(m): 12:06pm On Jul 23, 2017
I would never pray such....Jesus never instructed that we should do that rather he said we should pray for those that despitefully use us.....

African mentality of fire for fire and retaliation has beclouded some of our pastors.

Me I just do as if I no hear the prayer points and I pray for a change in them or rather for heaven protection and interference... Shikena

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by udemzyudex(m): 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2017
Soso990240:
ur quote on the kingdom of God suffering violence has nothing to do with d topic at hand. stop twisting d word of God to encourage ur selfish interest. u re a christian and u believ in d word of God (bible).Is it written in d bible dat we should pray for our enemies to die? Rubbish. U are one of d gullible nigerians dat are easilly brainwashed by all these fake yahoo pastors.

Keep praying for your enemies to live long, while they keep checking calendar for the day to take you away from this earth.

You think those demons in human flesh want to change? You think they have not being hearing the word of God since they were born? Funny.

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? by Stallione(m): 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
hmmm,ofcos i do pray for my enemies to die,expecially the ones visiting native doctors,ones dat are witches n wizards,monitoring ur progress n success on mirror to know when to strike or pull u down cos they will never stop unless u stop them with ur own heavenly incantations,cos all those tins they do inorder to kill us or pull us down can be done as well in christ jesus.Those evil moves made by devilish people is biblical as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

88 Babies Born In A Week At RCCG 60th One-week Convention / The Real Name Of GOD. Bantus Of Africa Are The Israelites. / Todays Devotion,aug 6th.(how To Possess Your Possessions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.