Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,880 members, 7,798,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) (48458 Views)

Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) / Ekiti Slay Queens Turn Flooded Area Into Swimming Pool During Rainfall. Photos / Mentally Unstable Lady In Skimpy Outfit Causes A Scene In Owerri. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by chimere66: 10:07am On Jul 23, 2017
Another death has been recorded in Owerri, the Imo state capital following the massive flood that covered the entire state capital as a result of the over 10hours rain in the state that lasted from Saturday to Sunday.

The deceased named Izuchukwu died along the Nekede by West end road.Trezzy Helm gathered that Izuchukwu while trying to cross the roads, didn't know their was a culvert and as he attempted to cross the road he fell inside the culvert and hit his head on the side of the culvert. But for the quick response of some men around, he would have been swept off by the flood, but he was quickly rescued and taken to FMC owerri where he was confirmed dead.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/07/heavy-rain-kills-young-man-in.html?m=1

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by LOVEGINO(m): 10:08am On Jul 23, 2017
Na wa oooo. It's well.

4 Likes

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by Warship: 10:11am On Jul 23, 2017
When rain is falling you stay indoors until the ways are clear for you to know where the drainage systems exist.

RIP

55 Likes

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by nextprince: 10:12am On Jul 23, 2017
Dem go say na buhari.

Anyway, wishing my president speedy recovery.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 23, 2017
Chai daa, onye nwanyi nara mkpuru obi ya, na aha jesu cristi di nwe nanyi,

Amen,

Ala owerri, owerri nu uzo ije, owerri nwem,
Chukwu ekwela ka imebie,
Ala ngwori, ebe ashia ga digide, Ndi eji anghushiri nmii riri happy,

May his soul rest in peace,
The drainage system in our cities needs to be overhauled holistically,
We as a people must inculcate environmentally friendly habits,
We should desist from indiscriminate dumping of refuse on drainage channels,
We should strictly adhere to the masterplan by sticking to it and not build on water channels

It's high time state governments invested in geospartial Digital aerial mapping,
To give way for redesignation of an environmentally friendly masterplan, taking into cognizance of the challenges of today and avoiding the mishaps in the future,

State ministries of works, housing, urban development, environment, land, water resources etc need interconnectivity for inter-agency developmental synergy.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by nzeobi(m): 10:22am On Jul 23, 2017
I advise that people should remain indoors anytime it rains.
if the road is flooded, you will hardly know where the gutter and potholes are especially if you are new in that area

21 Likes

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by newyorks(m): 10:27am On Jul 23, 2017
Warship:
When rain is falling you stay indoors until the ways are clear for you to know where the drainage systems exist.

RIP
far from reality u would've been right should u say. don't walk on flooded areas if u are not familiar with the enviroment and again use long pole or stick to identify shallow places before steping ur foot.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by Homeboiy: 10:29am On Jul 23, 2017
oh uwa nka sef

1 Like

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 23, 2017
the flood here is too much. RIP.
But moderators I can't create a new thread

4 Likes

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by GrandGarcon: 10:36am On Jul 23, 2017
IpobExposed:
the flood here is too much. RIP.

But moderators I can't create a new thread
to broadcast lies and falsehood? When is your burial comming up. You are supposed to be dead by now.

23 Likes

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by MediumStout(m): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2017
Rip. Even though i hate IPOB youths and biafra

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by Justuceleague2: 10:56am On Jul 23, 2017
Eeyah
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by auntysimbiat(f): 2:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by thoollz: 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2017
Where are those insulting lagos because of flood? Show me an area without flood this season and I'll show u a good drainage system and responsible people living in such area. The earlier we realise that flood doesn't occur in a particular location, the better for us. When u eat that gala or drink that sachet water, don't throw the waste on d floor, look for a bin to throw it or simply put it in ur bag.

RIP to him

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by labanji(m): 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2017
S
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by NwaAmaikpe: 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2017
shocked

He is lucky....

His suffering in the zoo has come to an end

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by yim(f): 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2017
Terrible
RIP to the dead
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2017
nextprince:
Dem go say na buhari.

Anyway, wishing my president speedy recovery.

i pity you

9 Likes

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by jchioma: 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2017
May God deliver us from evil.
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by RealHaute: 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2017
In that popular movie, when climate change brought on "the apocalypse", Africa was the only safe haven. Errrm...I'm thinking the scriptwriter got it all wrong. I'm packing my bags.

7 Likes

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by labanji(m): 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2017
Death a respecta of nobody!

It immediately changes your face and turns you to a pitiful matter.

Rest in peace

5 Likes

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by maxiuc(m): 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2017
Just like this nigga is gone not even a clutches injury or being bedridden.

Dead just like that

This life is nothing

May we not die a sudden premature death

Amen

Another family thrown in mourning

4 Likes

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by dljbd1(m): 2:16pm On Jul 23, 2017
Mehn...One should really go learn how to swim in this season Ooo.
It's important if you wish to stay alive.
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by Ace16(m): 2:16pm On Jul 23, 2017
I really begin to wonder aw we have become dis inhuman dat we now argue or make mockery of who has more flood between Lagos nd some states in d east. It's so sad reading comments like dis. Jst maybe thr are too many kids online.
Someone lost his life and all wat some folks could write was whr r those pple who were laughing at Lagos flood. Death comes to everyone so plz stop sounding dumb.
R.i.p to d dead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by SUNDICOS(m): 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2017
R.I.P
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by banmee(m): 2:18pm On Jul 23, 2017
RealHaute:
In that popular movie, when climate change brought on "the apocalypse", Africa was the only safe haven. Errrm...I'm thinking the script writer got it all wrong. I'm packing my bags.

Lol. He thinks this is the result of climate change. Smh.
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by MrIcredible: 2:18pm On Jul 23, 2017
cry

This is a sad news

The "developers" should please hold their leaders by their balls to develop their region well undecided

5 Likes

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by lollmaolol(m): 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
Where is the disturbing picture,

Let someone press his stomach, he will wake up.

He's not dead

1 Like

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by UncutSk(m): 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
Rip
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by Iamsammy(m): 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
Rain keh
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
grin shocked grin
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall Kills A Man In Owerri (Photos) by FTrebirth(m): 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
someone killed and dumped him outside. stop blaming the innocent rain.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Remedies To Get Rid Of Bad Breath ( Mouth Odour ) / Experiencing Wet Dream Everyday; Is This Normal? / My Boss Deceived Me Into Donating My Kidney Over Empty $20m Promise — Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.