Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

FG Disobedience of Court Orders Worrisome - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Disobedience of Court Orders Worrisome (1780 Views)

Disobedience Of Court Orders Has Bear It’s First Fruit (tompolo) / Tinubu's Aide Blasts Buhari For Flagrant Disobedience Of Court Orders. Explosive / Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Disobedience of Court Orders Worrisome by conscience(m): 9:10pm On Dec 15, 2005
’CHIEF Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Muhammad Lawal Uwais, recently in Abuja expressed worry over increasing cases of violation of court orders by the Federal Government, saying such conduct amounted to "an affront to the constitution and clear evidence of bad governance."

Justice Uwais Protests Disobedience of Court Orders

I am strongly of the opinion that this assertion reveals troubling perspectives on our democracy and the rule of Law and have worrisome implications for the doctrine of separation of powers between the three arms of Government.

How ironic and pathetic is that? No other person than the chief justice could indict the Federal Government at a time when Nigeria’s commitment to due process of law is being closely scrutinized at home and abroad. This raises serious concerns and all lovers of our nation must demand from the Government strict compliance with court orders, and no less, if our democracy is to be taken more seriously than mere lip service of those in power.
Re: FG Disobedience of Court Orders Worrisome by Seun(m): 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2005
In the case of [url=http://ustice Uwais Protests Disobedience of Court Orders]eviction of civil servants living in the Bar Beach Towers[/url] and 1004 Flats, there was a court ruling that armed forces must not be used to force the residents out of their homes. It was disobeyed.

Also, the case of withdrawal of funds from newsly created local governments in Lagos State contrary to a court order is also worrisome. What is the current administration up to? If they do not answer to our courts, then who do they answer to?
Re: FG Disobedience of Court Orders Worrisome by conscience(m): 10:27pm On Dec 16, 2005
Seun:

In the case of [url=http://ustice Uwais Protests Disobedience of Court Orders]eviction of civil servants living in the Bar Beach Towers[/url] and 1004 Flats, there was a court ruling that armed forces must not be used to force the residents out of their homes. It was disobeyed.

Also, the case of withdrawal of funds from newsly created local governments in Lagos State contrary to a court order is also worrisome. What is the current administration up to? If they do not answer to our courts, then who do they answer to?
My Able Administrator you have proved me wrong.
When i posted this thread, i was looking forward to an opposing opinion from you on this issue,
behold you upheld the truth and  won my respect
Thank you .
Re: FG Disobedience of Court Orders Worrisome by conscience(m): 10:29pm On Dec 16, 2005
Nobel Laureate, Prof.Wole Soyinka, on Thursday in Lagos, described President Olusegun Obasanjo's government as lawless.

Soyinka, at the presentation of a book, “The Whole Truth," a compilation of selected editorials of The Guardian from 1983 to 2003, said that by disobeying court orders and engaging in human rights abuses, the Federal Government could provoke civil unrest.

He cited the removal of Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha as Bayelsa State governor and the eviction of residents of Federal Government buildings in Lagos State as some of the latest instances of human rights abuses by the government.

According to him, the two cases aptly demonstrate the tendency of the government to subvert the rule of law, and its inability to stick to due process.
-THE PUNCH N/PAPER, 16th DEC. 2006

(1) (Reply)

$1 Million Budget: What Would You Use It For As Mayor Of Your City? / Gov. James Ibori Spent 5 Billion Naira To Buy Cars And House In South London / Nigerian Soldiers Jailed For Life For protesting against salaries owed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.