Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria (1233 Views)

New Nairaland Profile Update Is Your New Gold Mine, See Why!!! / Pool Business: A Gold Mine / Pool Business: A Gold Mine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by legalweb(m): 4:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
THE NEXT GOLD MINE IN NIGERIA

Did you know that Nigeria sits on an agribusiness goldmine but most people just don’t see it? If you’re one of the blind, allow me to open your eyes with a few exciting facts you need to know about agribusiness

Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, recently invested $1 billion in rice production? Every year, Nigeria spends billions of dollars on rice imports, and Dangote wants a slice of the market.

Let me share with you five reasons why agriculture is the biggest business opportunity right now in Africa. And why many of the world’s top business people are investing in African agribusiness.

1. Africa has cheap agricultural land

According to the World Bank, Sub-Saharan Africa is home to nearly 50 percent of the world’s fertile, usable and uncultivated agricultural land. The size: over 200 million hectares! The continent is now widely considered to be the future breadbasket of the world. It is this huge abundance of land resources that gives Africa the strategic potential to feed the world!

2. Africa has a ready market and high demand for agricultural produce

Agribusiness is one of the best business opportunities in the world as food never goes out of fashion. People must eat food every day!
Currently, Africa’s population is just over one billion people. At its current growth rate, the continent’s population is expected to reach 2.2 billion by 2050. Now and in the future, Africa will always have a lot of mouths to feed.

It’s not just the food industry that depends on agribusiness. Several other industries, especially the manufacturing and processing industries, depend on agribusiness for a wide range of raw materials. As Africa’s economies continue to grow, the demand for raw materials will surely increase and create more interesting opportunities for agribusiness on the continent.

3. Improved varieties and farm practices are changing the game across Africa

Agribusiness in Africa has suffered through the years because of its poor yields and crude farm practices. Most of the crops cultivated on the continent produce very little and are often very prone to pests, diseases and drought.

However, due to advances in crop/animal science and technology, it is now possible to harvest more food per hectare than ever before in Africa’s history. There are now improved crop and animal varieties that mature earlier, require less resources, and are less susceptible to pest attacks, diseases and drought.

4. Agribusiness is very scalable. You can start with what you have.

Whether you own one plot of land or 10,000 hectares, agribusiness is one of few business opportunities that allow you to start on any scale, with whatever you have!

5. Agribusiness is a huge job creator

Agribusiness is one of the most effective ways to create jobs and empower millions of Africans. At present, up to 60 per cent of the labor force in Sub-Saharan Africa is employed in the agribusiness industry. Agribusiness remains a top employer of labor in many African countries.

The value chain in the agribusiness industry, from food production, processing and marketing provide huge opportunities for employment and entrepreneurship.

Download Over 3000 Agricultural Business Training eBooks. This ebooks are Categorized into various Crop production, Animal Husbandry and Agricultural Business Plan.

Visit www.Agric.LegalWebConsult.com
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by rosita33(f): 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2017
Already running my own farm..
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by Fxmanager(m): 6:11pm On Jul 23, 2017
Visit the link below. You might be interested in what we offer. We promise a target of average 5%+ monthly profit on your investment. Funds in a secured licensed and regulated financial firm

https://www.nairaland.com/3901897/currency-trading-journal-target-avg
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by legalweb(m): 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
rosita33:
Already running my own farm..
Wow. That is good. So what exactly are you into?
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by rosita33(f): 12:21am On Jul 27, 2017
legalweb:

Wow. That is good.
So what exactly are you into?
in production and processing of cassava and thinking going animal husbandary soon..
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by legalweb(m): 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2017
rosita33:
in production and processing of cassava and thinking going animal husbandary soon..

This is good. You made the right choice

1 Like

Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by yellowman2225(m): 7:21pm On Jul 30, 2017
We have Hectares of farmland for sale and lease in Ibadan.
Contact 08 123 23 94 73
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by legalweb(m): 6:00pm On Aug 03, 2017
Agriculture is the way forward.
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by legalweb(m): 11:56am On Aug 08, 2017
Have a wonderful week ahead.
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by legalweb(m): 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2017
Happy Sunday
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by legalweb(m): 11:09am On Aug 28, 2017
This is really Good
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by legalweb(m): 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2017
Agriculture is one of the reason Nigeria is out of recession

(1) (Reply)

An Inverter Is What You Need, Not A Generator. / I Have A Market / Grow In This 21st Century Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.