Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,146 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:45 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (685913 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by janna01: 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2018
Blazykid02:
Please i sent you a pm... Or you can as well send a pm.. Let's connect
i replied your mail already
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nordan: 5:51pm On Feb 23, 2018
NiyoTemi:
Man ke. Am a Lady pls. Haven't done interview yet. When re u resuming?

Sorry for calling you a man. Resuming April. You gotten a date for interview?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by NiyoTemi: 6:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
Yes I have.
Nordan:

Sorry for calling you a man. Resuming April. You gotten a date for interview?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nordan: 7:23pm On Feb 23, 2018
NiyoTemi:
Yes I have.

Care to link up? Sent you a pm
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by mavrom8: 7:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
DInkMan:
Well done guys for all your kind responses. I have 2 requests?

Who knows other means of obtaining English as a medium of instruction in Lagos. My school of graduation joint non-academic staff have been on strike for the past 75days making it impossible to obtain.
Secondly, who can assist in prompt payment of uni-assist fees? Want to beat the 1st of march increment deadline.
Gracias

Facing similar challenge. Just heard yesterday (while I was making plans to visit my school) that non acad staffs are on strike and thus I can't take my transcript from them.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Hafeez89: 8:19pm On Feb 23, 2018
DInkMan:

Who knows other means of obtaining English as a medium of instruction in Lagos. My school of graduation joint non-academic staff have been on strike for the past 75days making it impossible to obtain.
Secondly, who can assist in prompt payment of uni-assist fees? Want to beat the 1st of march increment deadline.
Gracias
Will there be increment in the fee...please share the verified link of this information.
Awaiting your response.Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Omosikiru1992: 8:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
Guten Abend team Dutch land, please which YouTube channel can a German language Beginner subscribe to learn German... And please is it goin to be sufficient enough to pass Goethe Institute Germany A1 level examination...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by kelvin91: 8:58pm On Feb 23, 2018
House please has anyone tried opening his or her blocked account through Xpatrio.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by DInkMan(m): 9:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
Hafeez89:

Will there be increment in the fee...please share the verified link of this information.
Awaiting your response.Thanks

https://www.uni-assist.de/en/how-to-apply/pay-all-fees/handling-fees/

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lammydamsel: 1:11am On Feb 24, 2018
Magma012:
what are the benefits of learning German language at a German institute(Abj/Lag)....... apart from communicating freely ova there,,,, the money they are calling is wot i dont have,,,, thinking of learning the language locally with a man i know that teaches German.. gurus pls advice me

Apart from the language helping you to integrate better, learning in Nigeria is cheaper. Goethe Institut in Lagos currently charges 55,000 naira per semester(3 months). You can learn the language by which ever means but it will be good if you can obtain the international certificate of which the exam is done only in Lagos at some specific dates. You may google Goethe Institut, Lagos for more information.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lammydamsel: 1:25am On Feb 24, 2018
DInkMan:

Gracias

Alternative route is sitting for TOEFL or IELTS
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by isaacosas01(m): 5:00am On Feb 24, 2018
So I'm finishing my NYSC in April and want to start looking at applying for Msc into Germany now! I have read a little here, you guys are amazing.

My question is shebi i can apply without uni-assit because I nor get their money oo, also I know a friend once apply directly to a school in Germany and was given admission.

Secondly abeg how I fit convert my Nigerian GPA to German scale.

And as i still be Jew, any particular resource I need to look at apart from reading through this thread would be a blessing, I need to join the hustle abeg.

I also see people talking about scholarships, but I thought that public schools in Germany are already free, abeg help me understand.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Berliner1: 5:25am On Feb 24, 2018
isaacosas01:
So I'm finishing my NYSC in April and want to start looking at applying for Msc into Germany now! I have read a little here, you guys are amazing.

My question is shebi i can apply without uni-assit because I nor get their money oo, also I know a friend once apply directly to a school in Germany and was given admission.

Yes.

Drop it....I can help u with the conversion.

And as i still be Jew, any particular resource I need to look at apart from reading through this thread would be a blessing, I need to join the hustle abeg.

You need 8700 euro or SL before you can secure visa.

I also see people talking about scholarships, but I thought that public schools in Germany are already free, abeg help me understand.

Yes..few organisations here give scholarship.but the requirement are stringent with rigorious selection process.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by positiveagenda: 5:51am On Feb 24, 2018
Morning ladies and gentleman,

Please is anybody writing an entrance online exam for social protection today from the Bonn university Germany.

Any update on what is expected?

Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by oladejitaiwo(m): 8:33am On Feb 24, 2018
Happy saturday to you all.

AS i do hear from people that it is advisable one says NO if one is being asked of a relative in Germany?

I am confused with this response in My own case, where My admission letter carries THE address of My distance relative in Germany because he helped to process My uni.assist application and also received some docs from University on My behalf.

THE question is what will be My response if they ASK me - Do i have a relative in Germany?

Please i need your response. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Litolysis(m): 8:48am On Feb 24, 2018
Happy Weekend to you all.
Had my interview on 22/02/2018.

Some of the questions are:
What do you want to study?
Why the course?
Can you speak German?
Why Germany?
Why not USA, UK or Canada?
What was your undergraduate project all about?
What do you know about Germany?
What's your plan after your studies?
Where do you wish to work after your course?

These are the ones I can remember now. Guten Morgen onces again!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Williamso(m): 10:07am On Feb 24, 2018
oladejitaiwo:
Happy saturday to you all.

AS i do hear from people that it is advisable one says NO if one is being asked of a relative in Germany?

I am confused with this response in My own case, where My admission letter carries THE address of My distance relative in Germany because he helped to process My uni.assist application and also received some docs from University on My behalf.

THE question is what will be My response if they ASK me - Do i have a relative in Germany?

Please i need your response. Thanks

Do not lie! It will haunt you short, medium or long term

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Williamso(m): 10:12am On Feb 24, 2018
Magma012:
what are the benefits of learning German language at a German institute(Abj/Lag)....... apart from communicating freely ova there,,,, the money they are calling is wot i dont have,,,, thinking of learning the language locally with a man i know that teaches German.. gurus pls advice me

There will be economic (job-related) and social (integration) problems if you have no knowledge of German on arrival. Speaking from experience as I had none when I got here... And it's even more expensive (time/money) to learn it here (I paid approximately 200€ per level/month for an intensive program and that was the cheapest I could find even with 40% discount)

However, if your study program is in English, you should have no (or maybe very little) academic issues...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Williamso(m): 10:19am On Feb 24, 2018
Mods: I do not know why my post was hidden and I was banned for asking for assistance by your anti-spam bot and it's honestly quite annoying! I had 2 gereman words in my post, and 1 of them is a district in a city!!! Damn!!!

Back to my post...
honourableseyi:

If you need temporary accommodation in Berlin for a month or two. PM

My honourable, could you also be of assistance for longterm accommodation (apartment, not WG) in the middle (don't want to get banned again so I can't write the district name. But it also starts with "M" ) district in Berlin? embarassed

It's not too urgent though
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Dankeschon: 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2018
Good morning house

pls does anyone have information of the average cost of rent for an apartment in and around Frankfurt; preferably a room or two rooms.

Thanks a lot.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by adesbaba: 2:21pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hello family...with the way CANADA dey prolong matter,abeg lemme ask some tins abt germo

1.I was once told on dis thread DAT business courses don't thrive much there after MSC graduation.. How about if the person learns German or secures internship during summer wyl still in skul

2.Read a stuff somewhere I think on quora or so,that ppl spend more than the usual normal 2 yrs fr their MSC program, as passing in German skuls is difficult

3.for the second year of the MSC,am I to show another €8940 ?

4.How long bfr u can start working off campus wen u resume

And lastly grin

5.As a student there,can u visit the shengen countries like France,Belgium...... Cos me don dey dream of visiting France or Belgium by December during Xmas break.......Read n play abeg

@honourableseyi,Williamso n all.........
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Williamso(m): 2:57pm On Feb 24, 2018
adesbaba:
Hello family...with the way CANADA dey prolong matter,abeg lemme ask some tins abt germo

1.I was once told on dis thread DAT business courses don't thrive much there after MSC graduation.. How about if the person learns German or secures internship during summer wyl still in skul
Will definitely increase your chances greatly... Remember though that nothing is cast in stone

2.Read a stuff somewhere I think on quora or so,that ppl spend more than the usual normal 2 yrs fr their MSC program, as passing in German skuls is difficult

Personally, why hurry? Would you rather finish in 2 years with no knowledge of German, no internship (refer to point 1 above) and no employment prospects or take an extra year or more and improve yourself? I know what I chose and I have zero regrets.
I also personally don't think passing is difficult. If you study hard you wouldn't fail (from my opinion and experience)

3.for the second year of the MSC,am I to show another €8940 ?
Depends on the city. For example, I know you don't have to do that in Kiel/Berlin but you have to in Passau

4.How long bfr u can start working off campus wen u resume
I wouldn't advise it, but with (good?) information, you can start working black from the day you arrive. Legitimate work would take a few months though until you get you work permit (2? 3? 4?)

And lastly grin

5.As a student there,can u visit the shengen countries like France,Belgium...... Cos me don dey dream of visiting France or Belgium by December during Xmas break.......Read n play abeg
Sure. You can visit all countries in the Schengen region without applying for visa cheesy

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Umennajiego(m): 3:10pm On Feb 24, 2018
Knaruto:
This course is from UNIVERSITY OF SIEGEN I presume

Yes that's correct
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by osas87(m): 3:14pm On Feb 24, 2018
isaacosas01:

No, not all the universities/courses are under uni assist. Some even accept online applications. Ur choice of course will actually determine alot of the other factors, Jst check daad.de for ur course.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Williamso(m): 3:22pm On Feb 24, 2018
isaacosas01:

To add to what has been mentioned, I'd advise you not to run from uni-assist. Because of the money, less people apply and thus, less competition for places, increasing your admission chances wink

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by adesbaba: 3:22pm On Feb 24, 2018
Williamso:

Will definitely increase your chances greatly... Remember though that nothing is cast in stone

Personally, why hurry? Would you rather finish in 2 years with no knowledge of German, no internship (refer to point 1 above) and no employment prospects or take an extra year or more and improve yourself? I know what I chose and I have zero regrets.
I also personally don't think passing is difficult. If you study hard you wouldn't fail (from my opinion and experience)

Depends on the city. For example, I know you don't have to do that in Kiel/Berlin but you have to in Passau

I wouldn't advise it, but with (good?) information, you can start working black from the day you arrive. Legitimate work would take a few months though until you get you work permit (2? 3? 4?)

Sure. You can visit all countries in the Schengen region without applying for visa cheesy

Thanks my oga.....that number 5 is one of my motivation....lolzzzz...but really for no 2....y can't one do internship n learn German alongside coursework ,maybe during spare time n still grad in 2 years...am asking cos of d extra cost of d additional year especially fr ppl like us that its God that is sponsoring our education,,, u know wot I mean
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Williamso(m): 3:27pm On Feb 24, 2018
adesbaba:

Thanks my oga.....that number 5 is one of my motivation....lolzzzz...but really for no 2....y can't one do internship n learn German alongside coursework ,maybe during spare time n still grad in 2 years...am asking cos of d extra cost of d additional year especially fr ppl like us that its God that is sponsoring our education,,, u know wot I mean

I didn't say one can't. I won't go into too many details, but if/when you get here, you feel you can handle all the load/stress at the same time, then awesome for you! wink
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 24, 2018
Williamso:

I didn't say one can't. I won't go into too many details, but if/when you get here, you feel you can handle all the load/stress at the same time, then awesome for you! wink

It's not possible to handle all these at once, honestly. They won't understand till they get here.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Williamso(m): 3:39pm On Feb 24, 2018
Jigba:

It's not possible to handle all these at once, honestly. They won't understand till they get here.

You're breaking hearts madam! You're not supposed to break hearts grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 24, 2018
Williamso:

You're breaking hearts madam! You're not supposed to break hearts grin grin grin grin grin

Oga o. I'm not breaking hearts, just being honest grin

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Williamso(m): 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2018
Jigba:

Oga o. I'm not breaking hearts, just being honest grin

Honesty is heartbreaking tongue
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hi guys. Wanna appreciate this thread for all the good info sharing over the past months I've been applying. Got admitted to University of Southern Westphalia (Soest) for this summer; would be going to Lag next week for my visa interview, haven't funded, and as things turned out to be, probably won't.
Ran into some life issues and I may have to postpone the whole thing to winter or next year, I don't know.
But anyways, I booked the interview already on Feb. 28th, so I wanna ask, even though I know I may not go through with the whole funding process cus long story short, I don't have the means as I thought I would, is it still advisable to turn up for the visa interview?
Thanks guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.