Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (690157 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 8:54pm On Sep 14, 2017
Not required.
Blackanada:
When traveling to Germany for the first time with a students visa, are you required to book a return ticket?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ibrahimdoc: 9:31pm On Sep 14, 2017
donkafor:
Dear ibrahimdoc,

I don't really know much about business visa but I know the following will be required:

1. Your company bank statements from the previous three months.

2. Invitation letter from the business partner in Germany in English or German (For consultancy services: please provide a confirmation letter from the German client)

3. Detailed schedule of your business meetings (ONLY for stays over 30 days)

4. Business references

5. Certificate of Incorporation of the company

6. Proof of financial status:

If employed: Payslips of the past three months / employment contract

If self-employed: Certificate of Proprietorship or other proof of ownership (proof of land title, proof of income from agriculture (sales form) etc.)

The bolded clearly shows your account statement will be checked. 700k posing a threat, that I can't answer.

Are all these documents available?

Passport size still remain 45mm by 35mm

Good luck with your application. grin

thanks for the response. yes i have all the documents. i wil be staying for two weeks so i guess the detailed schedule of my business meeting is not applicable to me? thanks for ur kind response. but please do u know someone you can refer me to here who is knowledgable about application of business visa cos i need to get all docs ready.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by PlatinumPlato(m): 10:00pm On Sep 14, 2017
It depends on the time of travel you indicated. I forwarded on friday and it got to the consulate by monday afternoon. Maybe it was because I indicated 18th as my travel date that made them send it to me today.

napoleonsmart:
Good morning house, for someone that has gotten AM mail and submitted his passport in person on Monday September 11th,when is the most likely time for him to get it back through DHL. I indicated my time of departure to be 22nd of September.

Those who are familiar with the timing should please enlighten me.

Many Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by okoli414: 9:58am On Sep 15, 2017
Good day house, after my interview I was sent a msg by d consulate dt dere r missing documents in my application. And d documents specified are:

1. Declaration of age deposed by parent
2. Block amount confirmation..
My question is ds....do I have to send a hard copy of the documents through courier or in person or attaching wif email wil b enough. Though im sure dat I can d block amount confirmation ...but I am NOT sure if same applies to d declaration of age document....pls sm1 shld kindly enlighten me.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Karch: 10:44am On Sep 15, 2017
okoli414:
Good day house, after my interview I was sent a msg by d consulate dt dere r missing documents in my application. And d documents specified are:

My question is ds....do I have to send a hard copy of the documents through courier or in person or attaching wif email wil b enough. Though im sure dat I can d block amount confirmation ...but I am NOT sure if same applies to d declaration of age document....pls sm1 shld kindly enlighten me.
Hmmm... Bro I'll advise you submit it in person o. You are even lucky that your file is been handled by a nice VO. If you reside in Lagos, you could check IKeja High Court or the High court around Obalande. I think it's 1k to get the age declaration done. As regards the blocked funding confirmation, I presume you have funded for them to ask you about that. Did you use Fintiba or Deutsche Bank?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by lakesider(m): 10:57am On Sep 15, 2017
okoli414:

Take you Declaration of age in person to the embassy ,remember to state your visa application code on the envelope

For the block account , a pdf copy sent by mail is sufficient .
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by hiltino: 1:54pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hi all,

Thanks everyone for this house God has done it for me. Come and see me dancing.

I just received my AM mail now and I've been asked to submit my passport and a travel health insurance for 3 months and also indicate my travel date.

Question Please. I know this has been asked before but i need clarifications.

Someone recommended axa mansard, so i checked and I'm seeing N19,575.30k for the General Travel Insurance, is this the right one?

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ask1509(m): 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hello Everybody,
I am Oluwasegun and I just got a scholarship to attend a science conference in Germany. The conference is fully sponsored. On reading through this thread and the Visa information page of the German mission, I know I have to do the following (please correct me if I'm wrong ):

1. Fill the Shengen Visa short stay application form and print it out.
2. Add the print out above to some other required documents for the business visa and gather the docs, also get the cash equivalent of the visa fee.
3. Book an appointment for Visa interview online at the consulate.
4. Go for the interview where I will submit all documents and pay for the visa in cash
5. Hope for the best result

However, I am a bit confused about the required docs due to my profile. I just came back to Nigeria last year (from Cameroon where I did my masters) and since then, I have been freelancing online basically on Fiverr and on Upwork. Consequently, I do not have all the following documents required for travellers attending a conference :

1 Certificate of Incorporation/Registration of the company in Nigeria
2 Memorandum and Articles of Association / Company and Allied Matters Act
3 Federal Inland Revenue Service Income Tax Clearance Certificate/Company Income Tax Clearance Certificate of the past year
4 Company´s bank statements of the last three months (only stamped and signed bank statements accepted)
5 Letter of introduction from employer
6 Employment contract and pay slips of the last three months
7 Evidence of business in Nigeria and also of former and current transactions in Nigeria and/or abroad (e. g. bills of lading, receipts, contracts)

I am thinking I should just be silent about my freelancing all together and tell them I am unemployed and that I am a prospective student (I have a PhD) admission already (but I am yet to start) in order not to complicate issues for myself. So that I will only have to provide doc 3 (the FIRS revenue Income Tax Clearance) and my Personal bank statements. However, will not providing docs 1, 2,4,5,6,7 above affect my chances? Also, do I really need FIRS revenue Income Tax Clearance (doc 3) since I am not working yet?

I will be looking forward to your comments and answers to the issues raised above. I will also like to have your comment regarding whether I should include being a freelancer or not as I think this will complicate issues for me. Finally, targeted arrival date is Nov 10, when is the best time to book an appointment?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Johnnyessence(m): 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2017
hiltino:
Hi all,

I just received my AM mail now and I've been asked to submit my passport and a travel health insurance for 3 months and also indicate my travel date.

Someone recommended axa mansard, so i checked and I'm seeing N19,575.30k for the General Travel Insurance, is this the right one?
congrats.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ninered: 5:23pm On Sep 15, 2017
ask1509:
Hello Everybody,
I am Oluwasegun and I just got a scholarship to attend a science conference in Germany. The conference is fully sponsored. On reading through this thread and the Visa information page of the German mission, I know I have to do the following (please correct me if I'm wrong ):

1. Fill the Shengen Visa short stay application form and print it out.
2. Add the print out above to some other required documents for the business visa and gather the docs, also get the cash equivalent of the visa fee.
3. Book an appointment for Visa interview online at the consulate.
4. Go for the interview where I will submit all documents and pay for the visa in cash
5. Hope for the best result

However, I am a bit confused about the required docs due to my profile. I just came back to Nigeria last year (from Cameroon where I did my masters) and since then, I have been freelancing online basically on Fiverr and on Upwork. Consequently, I do not have all the following documents required for travellers attending a conference :

1 Certificate of Incorporation/Registration of the company in Nigeria
2 Memorandum and Articles of Association / Company and Allied Matters Act
3 Federal Inland Revenue Service Income Tax Clearance Certificate/Company Income Tax Clearance Certificate of the past year
4 Company´s bank statements of the last three months (only stamped and signed bank statements accepted)
5 Letter of introduction from employer
6 Employment contract and pay slips of the last three months
7 Evidence of business in Nigeria and also of former and current transactions in Nigeria and/or abroad (e. g. bills of lading, receipts, contracts)

I am thinking I should just be silent about my freelancing all together and tell them I am unemployed and that I am a prospective student (I have a PhD) admission already (but I am yet to start) in order not to complicate issues for myself. So that I will only have to provide doc 3 (the FIRS revenue Income Tax Clearance) and my Personal bank statements. However, will not providing docs 1, 2,4,5,6,7 above affect my chances? Also, do I really need FIRS revenue Income Tax Clearance (doc 3) since I am not working yet?

I will be looking forward to your comments and answers to the issues raised above. I will also like to have your comment regarding whether I should include being a freelancer or not as I think this will complicate issues for me. Finally, targeted arrival date is Nov 10, when is the best time to book an appointment?
Your case strong oo
For 1&2, what you need is a lawyer, you can as well check CAC website but the kind of documents you need is not something you just wake up and own.
From what I understand you should already have a registered and existing company (this is where doc. 1,2&3 apply), currently doing business with proof of same (4&7).
I doubt if you'll beat 10 Nov deadline.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by hrmdesk: 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2017
Waiting is killing... I don tire o! Deadline just a month left. Need advices!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Touchflex(m): 5:31pm On Sep 15, 2017
Congrats

hiltino:
Hi all,

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Reddev: 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2017
Please any accommodation around kiel?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by hrmdesk: 7:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
Congrats bros
hiltino:
Hi all,

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 15, 2017
Congrats hiltino
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by glucklichewelt: 7:23pm On Sep 15, 2017
Reddev:
Please any accommodation around kiel?

Hello House,

Congrats to all who received AM mail and more strength to those waiting... Its surely good news.

This info is for those still searching for accommodation. You can search on https://www.wg-gesucht.de/en/ I hope this helps.

Good evening all.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by napoleonsmart: 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2017
Thanks bro for your response; which courier did you use to get back your envelope? You submitting on Monday and getting back passport today is enviable
PlatinumPlato:
It depends on the time of travel you indicated. I forwarded on friday and it got to the consulate by monday afternoon. Maybe it was because I indicated 18th as my travel date that made them send it to me today.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by artillery01: 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hello House
because of fingers inequality,havent been able to fund up my blocked account fully ...but got a msg from d embassy ystday to submit d funding confirmation which is a clear indication...but to avoid delays incured by international transfer which myt b done subsequently.
pls advise,wat sud be done to get d visa as i hope to resume oct 1st
i used finitiba...
thanks.....a brother needs help here
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dcrenzel: 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2017
Kaybeeeee:
Since Germany University don't collect waec for bsc, i want to apply to any studienkolleg pertaining engineering, can u guys recommend any for me and their fees, and is their application still open

Or link to where i can find the answers

What's the alternative since they don't accept Waec
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by osakajapan: 10:43pm On Sep 15, 2017
PLEASE GUYS IN GERMANY ... DO YOU KNOW ANY SITE I CAN SEE GERMAN INDUSTRIES. THAT INTO BUILDING INTERIORS?. like INDUSTRIAL DOORS AND WINDOWS, TILES. iF you know any company please
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by PlatinumPlato(m): 11:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
Congratulations

hiltino:
Hi all,

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by PlatinumPlato(m): 11:43pm On Sep 15, 2017
FedEx

napoleonsmart:
Thanks bro for your response; which courier did you use to get back your envelope? You submitting on Monday and getting back passport today is enviable
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by PlatinumPlato(m): 11:44pm On Sep 15, 2017
google is your friend.

osakajapan:
PLEASE GUYS IN GERMANY ... DO YOU KNOW ANY SITE I CAN SEE GERMAN INDUSTRIES. THAT INTO BUILDING INTERIORS?. like INDUSTRIAL DOORS AND WINDOWS, TILES. iF you know any company please
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by mykohayz(m): 1:53am On Sep 16, 2017
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by mykohayz(m): 1:56am On Sep 16, 2017
neccki:

Thank God you know that the West is so inclined with Science & Tech. So you too should tie your Discipline to Science & Tech. You can

search for courses like Business Informatics, Management & Engineering, Business Process Management or Business Analytics. All these

courses have Tech tied to them.

For you to get a good job after studies, you have to get Good Grades. Have some Technical skills set, and Speak

Fluent German

As for your Age enn, there are a lot of people older than you are in this forum. Germans don't care about your age and age is not a barrier

so far you have what it takes.

I believe I have answered this under Q1.

Serishocked usly?

Are you telling me you don't have a Career Plan by now?

Well, after your Masters, you would have been exposed to the Preferred Career path wanted in any Industry. So study first. biko

Check this one on google please.

BlessUp.

@neccki....Bless you for this insightful infos...i really appreciate you for making out time to do justice to my curiosity, trust you to never disappoint me tho smiley
You too much.

Can I pm you please.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by mykohayz(m): 2:14am On Sep 16, 2017
enocholumide:

Wow.. reading your story got me seriously emotional. It is a tough world, isn't it?

So, I will be blunt here, because considering your experience and age, you don't really have a lot of time for experiments. Please if you are below 25, just skip over this message and pretend you didn't see anything.

Mister, you don't have a lot of time playing around and experimenting things, doing tough Msc in Germany and still looking for work here and there after studies.

Travelling abroad and 'making it' is a betting game, you either make it or not. Or, you get a job that will change your destiny and direction in the popular name of 'hustle'. Consider a petroleum engineering graduate traveling 'abroad' for Msc, got bad grades and couldn't get a good job and instead decided to do the 'hustle' and do menial jobs, for how many years? A lot of his mates back home would be far better than him.

But, if you insist you are going to test the waters, I will have some few words for you. First of all, try southern Germany, that's where most of the industries are located and plenty jobs can be found.

Yes, Science and Tech. is damn important, I mean this is not a third world country. As someone suggested, you can try Business Informatics and any other stuff that deals with coding and makes you look like a geek/ nerd. But if that is almost impossible for you, try and look at the area of 'machine learning'. I am a java developer and I know that I might be almost useless in a coming couple of decades, a lot of my job would be done by 'expert' well-trained machines. One other line is the area of software testing and renewable energies.

Also, there are vocational training (after your MSc) that you might take advantage of, I heard that the German government can support you, and then you keep paying your debt back after you finish and got a job. As long as you contribute to the country's GDP (and you pay your taxes), you are welcomed infinitely!

Well, there could be more paths though, but do you really have a lot of time playing around and gambling?

I truly wish you all the best, please don't forget that: it is also allowed to risk been seen in all of your glory!

Thank you so much for this blunt beautiful piece shared with deep concern in a bid to set me in the right direction, they're really an eye opener...i've taken cognisant note of all the stated salient points you raised above and I will work on them as advised...i also appreciate you for making out time to address my issue in the most appropriate and satisfiable manner.
Danke.

Mind if I pm you too, pls cool
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 5:25am On Sep 16, 2017
mykohayz:

@neccki....Bless you for this insightful infos...i really appreciate you for making out time to do justice to my curiosity, trust you to never disappoint me tho smiley
You too much.

Can I pm you please.

Feel free to do so please.

BlessUp & have a wonderful day ahead.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by eMidas: 9:12am On Sep 16, 2017
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by paulynpen(m): 11:25am On Sep 16, 2017
Plz anyone in Bremen here? I need an answer to urgent question
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by hrmdesk: 1:33pm On Sep 16, 2017
Can I write to d consulate to enquire about my visa status after three weeks?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Evachi: 8:30pm On Sep 16, 2017
hiltino:
Hi all,

If you are not sure of axa mansard. Use IGI insurance.it is recognized by German embassy and it is what I used.

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.