Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,948 members, 7,803,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

How Do I Handle My Friends Trying To Conceive? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Handle My Friends Trying To Conceive? (622 Views)

How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / My Husband Keeps Looking At Other Women, Winks At My Friends / My Husband Broke Up With Me Because I'm Yet To Conceive. Losing My Mind.. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Handle My Friends Trying To Conceive? by curiousmind11: 1:02am On Jul 24, 2017
I have a friend who has been married for 8 years now, yet no child. He has been very good as a friend and business partner. My wife and I do pray for them, but we have not directly ask though we know they are seeking medical attention.

I have another friend, a female, who has been married since 2012. In 2014 she started telling me that she is not happy because of not conceiving after 2 years of marriage. Since then, she has tried couple of things. The husband is sometimes erratic, today supportive, next day indifferent or even aggressive. Early this year her brother suggested IVF, but she couldn't raise the money, so I suggested IUI first. I helped convince the hubby, and they tried it. They have been on that treatment since April. Now, she is very emotional. She is not communicating with anyone, moody and sad always. When she finally responded to my numerous call and messages, she says she frustrated and wishes to be left alone.

While I understand how difficult this can be, I think cutting friends and family off is not good for her. What can I do to help her. Anyone that did IUI and it was successful that wants to share testimony here? I can forward such testimonies to her.

For all women TTC, please, we your family and friends understand the challenge you are going through, we may not know best way to help, but we wish we can. Don't allow negative emotions to control you or your relationship with people. People who hardly understand your concerns will think you are jealous or hating on them.
Re: How Do I Handle My Friends Trying To Conceive? by Nobody: 1:11am On Jul 24, 2017
curiousmind11:
I have a friend who has been married for 8 years now, yet no child. He has been very good as a friend and business partner. My wife and I do pray for them, but we have not directly ask though we know they are seeking medical attention.

I have another friend, a female, who has been married since 2012. In 2014 she started telling me that she is not happy because of not conceiving after 2 years of marriage. Since then, she has tried couple of things. The husband is sometimes erratic, today supportive, next day indifferent or even aggressive. Early this year her brother suggested IVF, but she couldn't raise the money, so I suggested IUI first. I helped convince the hubby, and they tried it. They have been on that treatment since April. Now, she is very emotional. She is not communicating with anyone, moody and sad always. When she finally responded to my numerous call and messages, she says she frustrated and wishes to be left alone.

While I understand how difficult this can be, I think cutting friends and family off is not good for her. What can I do to help her. Anyone that did IUI and it was successful that wants to share testimony here? I can forward such testimonies to her.

For all women TTC, please, we your family and friends understand the challenge you are going through, we may not know best way to help, but we wish we can. Don't allow negative emotions to control you or your relationship with people. People who hardly understand your concerns will think you are jealous or hating on them.

You should post here: https://www.nairaland.com/318334/trying-conceive-child-ttc

(1) (Reply)

A Young Man On Facebook Ikenna Emmanuel Accuses Another Man Of Killing His Dad / ... / My Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.