Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones (38398 Views)

Gionee Is Officially Back As TENAA Lists The M11 & M11s Smartphone / Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones / List Of Smartphones That Are Compatible With Glo 4G LTE Band 28, 700mhz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 24, 2017
chukwui:
Their phones are usually not strong

You obviously know nothing about phones. Please stick to your Tecnos & Infinixes... im sure they are very strong. Lol.

Can Samsung even come close to Moto in durability?

1 Like

Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 11:52am On Jul 24, 2017
MrIcredible:
I wont bring myself down to your level. Your ignorance is epic.

Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by MrIcredible: 12:02pm On Jul 24, 2017
GMBuhari:
I should be your elder brother's mate

You people do not think at all , Tecno might have started as a Chinko brand , but these days Tecno's quality is a few steps away from Nokia Touchlight (O jaboh ko foh) And since motorola left the Nigerian scene , people are already in love with Tecno , more than 70% of Nigerians use Tecno mobiles , my point therefore is that will motorolla be able to convince Nigeria to purchase their products ?
I think you're intellectually deprived.
So since motorola last Nigeria, they've been sleeping abi?
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by Toun2nl: 12:36pm On Jul 24, 2017
Paentera:

I use a higher end Moto G4 and battery life is super. I started using Moto G when the first one (first generation) was released by Google wayback (I bought mine from Amazon in January 2013) and shortly before it was sold to Lenovo. Its such a great phone to use.

I've been using the G4 (fourth generation) since November 2016 (got it from Amazon too) and its such a beauty to behold. Very lightweight, 16GB with expandable memory card (I use a 32GB card with mine), crisp pictures (13MP rear, 5MP front) and it does not lag at all when switching between apps. It handles very flawlessly. wink

The battery time when full can last for a whole day (I leave home and unplug it around 6.30am while I don't get back to plug it until 7pm) with chatting & calls at an average however it gets drained faster when I use it as a hotspot. cool

It has never hung since I've bought it and its way more than a decent phone that draws oohs & aahs when friends and family find out its actually a Motorola and not any other high end brand they assumed it would be. grin

The only draw back - I cannot select ringtones outside that loaded on the phone. angry angry

abeg, how much be the phone?
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by BeautyxlAjemba(f): 12:45pm On Jul 24, 2017
My best phone ever.. very strong and reliable.. #HeloMoto😝
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by braine(m): 1:27pm On Jul 24, 2017
oshe77 you sent me a dm, whatsup?
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by paradigmshift(m): 1:27pm On Jul 24, 2017
colossus91:

huh do u knkw how to read at all??

come n teach me now prof Soyinka.
I am talking from experience.
have used their fones
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by MrBONE2(m): 2:08pm On Jul 24, 2017
handsomeclouds:

Are you sure your aren't morphing into a bird, cos your dp speaks volume.
yes am suregrin

1 Like

Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by akaahs(m): 2:09pm On Jul 24, 2017
Is time to change my Motorola X1033 smart phone. I bought it since 2015 ND still in gud shape. Halla me or inbox me to get it at affordable rate
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by chukwui(m): 3:01pm On Jul 24, 2017
ShyCypher:

You obviously know nothing about phones. Please stick to your Tecnos & Infinixes... im sure they are very strong. Lol.

Can Samsung even come close to Moto in durability?
It is choice my brother
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 24, 2017
chukwui:
It is choice my brother

Its not choice my brother.
Throw a tecno/infinix on d floor & d screen shatters instantly & u cant use it.
Do same to a Moto, even if it cracks, it'll still work fine. I have proof.
Even Samsung cant boast of that.
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by chukwui(m): 3:09pm On Jul 24, 2017
ShyCypher:

I hear u
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 24, 2017
poseidon12:

Which one of them?

Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 24, 2017
ShyCypher:

u don't need to proof it bros.. Am using it my own just fell scatter and working perfectly
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by blackweaver(m): 5:41pm On Jul 24, 2017
[quote author=smithsydny post=58788413][/quote]

Your moto g is till running kitkat? I've installed so many custom roms on mine. It's currently running a custom version of nougat 7.1

Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 24, 2017
blackweaver:

Your moto g is till running kitkat? I've installed so many custom roms on mine. It's currently running a custom version of nougat 7.1
shocked wtf bra EPP me to boost mine.. What do I have to do?
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by blackweaver(m): 6:20pm On Jul 24, 2017
smithsydny:
shocked wtf bra EPP me to boost mine.. What do I have to do?

have you rooted your phone before? Do you have a custom recovery (twrp or cwm)?

If you have you can get a custom rom from
https://download.lineageos.org/peregrine

that's the current version for your phone. If not you can get instructions on rooting/ installing a custom rom from here:

http://www.cyanogenmods.org/forums/topic/twrp-recovery-rooting-guide-moto-g-variants/
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2017
blackweaver:

have you rooted your phone before? Do you have a custom recovery (twrp or cwm)?

If you have you can get a custom rom from
https://download.lineageos.org/peregrine

that's the current version for your phone. If not you can get instructions on rooting/ installing a custom rom from here:

http://www.cyanogenmods.org/forums/topic/twrp-recovery-rooting-guide-moto-g-variants/
thanks a lot will get that done...
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by Greyman11(m): 11:02pm On Jul 24, 2017
handsomeclouds:
Dead on arrival. cry

Would be an arduous task for the company to win brand loyalist talk less of reclaiming market share. tongue

The competition is stiffer than ever! kiss

Aggressive marketing won't be the best bet in this time of recession. wink

The only way is to introduce something novel in their product. cool

Still waiting for Sagem, Bird, Ericsson, NEC, Siemens lipsrsealed
i comot cap for u boss,u no be small person ooo
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by Oscarpraise(m): 12:16am On Jul 25, 2017
Non of the phones even have large enough size battery, like the itel P51 which has 5000mAh. At this point in time in this country, it's more about battery size ooh
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by NCP: 6:28am On Jul 25, 2017
Oscarpraise:
Non of the phones even have large enough size battery, like the itel P51 which has 5000mAh. At this point in time in this country, it's more about battery size ooh

Put that thrash in ya pocket.

Check this out

Moto E4 Plus Specs

Screen: 5.5" HD (720 x 1280p) IPS Display

Memory: 3GB RAM, 16GB ROM

Operating System: Android 7.1

Camera: 13MP Rear Camera, 5MP Front Camera

Battery: 5000mAh capacity
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by Darkseid(m): 7:41am On Jul 25, 2017
Oscarpraise:
Go and tell Samsung that their latest S8 doesn't have a 5000mah battery like the Itel P51.
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by blackweaver(m): 9:31am On Jul 25, 2017
Oscarpraise:

You know something? I've come to realise that a lot of these chinese phones, their high mAh batteries don't count for zilch. My lenovo with 4000mAh doesn't last nearly as long as it used to after about a year. My motorola with 2030 mAh that i've had for over 4 years lasts longer now
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by Crazytrump(m): 11:34am On Jul 25, 2017
blackweaver:

You know something? I've come to realise that a lot of these chinese phones, their high mAh batteries don't count for zilch. My lenovo with 4000mAh doesn't last nearly as long as it used to after about a year. My motorola with 2030 mAh that i've had for over 4 years lasts longer now
you're right o...I was amazed when my Moto G4 with 2800mah dey last pass my expectations...I no even miss dropping infinix note 3 of 4500mah...
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by dnawah(m): 9:57pm On Jul 27, 2017
sdqumar:
When last did you heard or seen a Motorola phone? Well that because Motorola weren’t focusing on Nigeria market for a long time now. But that’s about to change as Motorola has decided to bring back their focus to Nigeria and unveiled a new range of moto smartphones.

The smartphones models includes Moto E4, Moto E4 plus, Moto C 3G, Moto C 4G and Moto C plus. Which Motorola said will boast alot of exciting new features and user-friendly applications.

Motorola Back into Nigeria; Unveils New Range of Smartphones
Latest Phones
Motorola Is Officially Back in Nigeria; Unveils New Range of Smartphones
July 24, 2017 Sadeeq 0 Comment Android, MotorolaEdit
When last did you heard or seen a Motorola phone? Well that because Motorola weren’t focusing on Nigeria market for a long time now. But that’s about to change as Motorola has decided to bring back their focus to Nigeria and unveiled a new range of moto smartphones.

The smartphones models includes Moto E4, Moto E4 plus, Moto C 3G, Moto C 4G and Moto C plus. Which Motorola said will boast alot of exciting new features and user-friendly applications. It was also said that the new Motorola’s range of innovative smartphones guarantee consumers the opportunity to experience high definition display and cutting edge design at value prices.

Moto E4 and Moto E4 plus features and specifications
The Moto E4 is definitely a smartphone to consider not just because of specs but also because of price, especially if you are on a budget.

Moto E4 specifications
Display: 5 inch IPS 720p,Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
CPU: Mediatek MT6737 Quad-core 1.3 Ghz,
GPU: Mali-T72
Memory: 16 GB, 2 GB RAM
Camera: 8MP rear, 5MP front
Battery: Removable 2800 mAh.
Others: Fingerprint (front-mounted, region dependent), accelerometer, proximity

The Moto E Plus gives you a huge 5.5″ HD display and a massive 5000 mAh battery which can last up to 2 days, unlocks using the touch of your finger.

Moto E4 plus specifications
Display: 5.5 inch IPS 720p,Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
CPU: Mediatek MT6737 Quad-core 1.3 Ghz,
GPU: Mali-T72
Memory: 16 GB, 3 GB RAM
Camera: 13MP rear, 5MP front
Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh.
Others: Fingerprint, accelerometer, proximity.

Moto C and Moto C plus features and specifications
The Moto C and the Moto C plus are low end smartphone which comes with a 5″ display, 1/2 gig of ram and 2350/4000mah battery for long usage. These recommended for low phone users, that don’t browsing or game much. But packs enough battery that will last for almost two days straight.

Moto C specifications
Display: 5 inch TFT 480p
CPU: Mediatek MT6737M Quad-core 1.3 Ghz,
GPU: Mali-T72MP2
Memory: 16 GB, 1 GB RAM
Camera: 5MP rear, 2MP front
Battery: Removable 2350mAh.
Others: Accelerometer, FM radio.

Moto C plus specifications
Display: 5 inch TFT 720p
CPU: Mediatek MT6737M Quad-core 1.3 Ghz,
GPU: Mali-T72MP2
Memory: 16 GB, 2 GB RAM
Camera: 8MP rear, 2MP front
Battery: Removable 4000mAh.
Others: Accelerometer, FM radio.
Source : http://thephantomweb.com/motorola-officially-back-nigeria-unveils-new-range-smartphones/
how much?
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by holadhayor: 1:47pm On May 19, 2018
My Moto z2 play fell recently and the screen went off completely. Who knows where Motorola centres are in Nigeria?
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by harisvin: 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2018
One of the best forum i have ever seen, Bigg Boss Tamil Voting
Re: Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones by tck2000(m): 2:29pm On Jul 23, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NTEL Number Reservation Available Here. / Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) / Nigerian Parents Absolutely Hilarious On Whatsapp (with Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.