Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,960 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Is It Safe For Me To Buy A Plasma TV From Jiji.com - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Is It Safe For Me To Buy A Plasma TV From Jiji.com (934 Views)

Urgent, Can I Buy A Plasma Tv For 40k / A Month Old Clean LG 26inch LED Plasma TV For Sell / Samsung 42' Plasma TV For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Safe For Me To Buy A Plasma TV From Jiji.com by EDhims(m): 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2017
Good day, there is this ad I saw on jiji for a 55" plasma TV at a cost of 40k which you know it's pretty cheap and the agent says the plasma is in very good condition and neat. but I will like to hear from those with experience in buying from online outlets if it's safe and also the pros and cons.
thanks
Re: Is It Safe For Me To Buy A Plasma TV From Jiji.com by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2017
Better Stay Away From JiJi... There are alot of scammers with juicy deals there Bro

3 Likes

Re: Is It Safe For Me To Buy A Plasma TV From Jiji.com by Ugoeze2016: 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2017
Try http://zokija.com/ it is safe to shop from the site

EDhims:
Good day, there is this ad I saw on jiji for a 55" plasma TV at a cost of 40k which you know it's pretty cheap and the agent says the plasma is in very good condition and neat. but I will like to hear from those with experience on buying from online outlets if it's safe and also the pros and cons.
thanks
Re: Is It Safe For Me To Buy A Plasma TV From Jiji.com by EDhims(m): 1:06pm On Jul 24, 2017
[quote author=StephDamielola post=58778587]Better Stay Away From JiJi... There are alot of scammers with juicy deals there Bro[/quot

alright, thanks
Re: Is It Safe For Me To Buy A Plasma TV From Jiji.com by EvilMetahuman: 2:57pm On Jul 24, 2017
See what you want to buy before paying.

Simple as abc.
Never pay before seeing the product not even for shipment.
Its clearly written on the site self.
Re: Is It Safe For Me To Buy A Plasma TV From Jiji.com by hotdealz(m): 6:26pm On Jul 24, 2017
StephDamielola:
Better Stay Away From JiJi... There are alot of scammers with juicy deals there Bro
How does one scam on jiji? Won't you see and test what you are buying before paying??
Re: Is It Safe For Me To Buy A Plasma TV From Jiji.com by sekesi2009(m): 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2017
It's true o. 90% of the advertisers on jiji are confirmed scammers. They know some Nigerians​are gullible. Imagine! someone advertising a 55 inch LED TV at 40k. The tokunbo version of that tv can't be less than 250k, even more, if it is a recent model.
So my brother, pick race o. I have encountered them sometime early last year, about 4 or 5 different sellers​, all of them are asking me to send money first including transport fares. when I refused,they stopped picking my calls. Because of this, I had to delete the application from my phone.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe For Me To Buy A Plasma TV From Jiji.com by Fikifak(m): 7:38pm On Jul 24, 2017
hotdealz:
How does one scam on jiji? Won't you see and test what you are buying before paying??

And again scammers, scammers .......God rewarded you with brains so that you would think before doing something. Conclusion: Include them. And there is nothing to sin on jiji
Re: Is It Safe For Me To Buy A Plasma TV From Jiji.com by EbuteHaddow: 7:54pm On Jul 24, 2017
StephDamielola:

Maybe you're just chasing a cheap thing, and in the end you get what you deserve. And, in the end, if you follow the minimum safety rules, then you will be all right. Read https:///1LR4hD

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe For Me To Buy A Plasma TV From Jiji.com by omoskenso(m): 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2017
How is jiji a scam
I sell things there too bt not as cheap as the 1 Op is looking 2 buy....scam can take place anywhere even on our beloved NL.
That's been said....Op,I seriously fear 4 dis deal, if as claimed by d seller d Tv is rilly in gud n functional condition...you wan enta him parlour go test d Tv or how do u want 2 test it b4 payment bcox going 2 his territory is very very risky and 55" tv is not wat he can jt carry outside anyhow 2 meet u. Unless his a politician dat has been paid his "Tv allowance" I wud advice u to 4get dat deal or beta still go wif a Police station or kinsmen or ur hood vigilantes "awof dey run belle"
Re: Is It Safe For Me To Buy A Plasma TV From Jiji.com by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 24, 2017
You can be scammed anywhere if you let down your guards and neglect warnings. I recently sold my ipad 3 on jiji and right now I have my samsung s8 plus there on top ad. Just ensure you are careful, it might just be a distress sale.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe For Me To Buy A Plasma TV From Jiji.com by BiggSmoke: 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2017
omoskenso:
How is jiji a scam
I sell things there too bt not as cheap as the 1 Op is looking 2 buy....scam can take place anywhere even on our beloved NL.
That's been said....Op,I seriously fear 4 dis deal, if as claimed by d seller d Tv is rilly in gud n functional condition...you wan enta him parlour go test d Tv or how do u want 2 test it b4 payment bcox going 2 his territory is very very risky and 55" tv is not wat he can jt carry outside anyhow 2 meet u. Unless his a politician dat has been paid his "Tv allowance" I wud advice u to 4get dat deal or beta still go wif a Police station or kinsmen or ur hood vigilantes "awof dey run belle"
Hello I'm in your place did not believe people who simply do not know how to sell or buy. As for me jiji a good platform to buy or sell things

(1) (Reply)

Quick Sale Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 32gb Silver 105k / Hp Envy X360 Intel 7th Generation Core I5, 2.7ghz 12gb Ram SOLD! / Fairly Used Canon EOS 70D For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.