Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Amodu Blasts His Critics - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Blasts His Critics (5155 Views)

Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist / Amodu Blasts Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amodu Blasts His Critics by woye77: 2:40am On Feb 07, 2010
Moments before he was demoted to handle the home-based Super Eagles he so much vilified, Shaibu Amodu in an interview with Supersports, described all Nigerians who criticised him and the Super Eagles as “enemies of Nigeria and football”.

He said that instead of praising him and his technical crew for puling the Eagles out of the doldrums, they were being crucified by people who know nothing about football.

He gave his employers, the Nigeria Football Association, whose leadership had vowed to swim or sink with him, his caustic tongue when he called them betrayers for the thought of hiring a foreign coach despite meeting the semi final target they gave him for the Nations Cup.
According to Amodu, the Eagles were down after the disgraceful out at the 2008 Nations Cup in Ghana and “were ranked about 50 in the World but when we took over we brought the team to 22 in the world and yet people say we did badly.” That position changed to 15 last week after the bronze medal performance in Angola.

“All those who call us names saying we have not done well, are the enemies of Nigeria and football,” he told his interview on the television programme monitored in Lagos.

He said the talk about employing a foreign technical adviser for the Super Eagles first began like a rumour on the eve of their defeat of Benin Republic at the Nations Cup but the NFF officials doused it, claiming there was nothing of such.

“I didn’t believe them, may the players did because as far as I concerned there is no smoke without fire. Some days after, there was a meeting where they told us the need to hire someone to assist me. I felt betrayed because I didn’t tell them I needed somebody to assist me. It is me that should ask for an assistant and not them telling me I need an assistant,” an embittered Amodu told Supersports.

The Edo-born coach, who had said he would be willing to work with Stephen Keshi for the 2010 World Cup, could however, not be reached yesterday for his reaction on his demotion to the Super Eagles Team B.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/02/06/my-critics-are-enemies-of-football-amodu/
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by tunku(m): 9:49am On Feb 07, 2010
How tame, you call that a blast? more like facts. What a disgraceful decision. Wait until after to tournament to fire him you idiots.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by semid4lyfe(m): 10:25am On Feb 07, 2010
Aaaah. . . . . .we're just an ungrateful bunch. A man was given a target. . . . He achieved this target and yet he's fired. . . . Only in Nigeria. I'm waiting to see the magic their appointed foreign white dummy will perform.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Ikhilor(m): 10:51am On Feb 07, 2010
This scenario is regrettable,how will any serious person take Nigeria(NFF) for their word when they,ve gone against their pledge on numerous occasions? Shuaibu Amodu has done his best in the circumstances he found himself,if other public officers do as much as he(Amodu) has done ,the entire country will look different from what we see today.
This is an ungrateful, highly tribalistic, inferiority complex laden people running our football, we must put the African attitude of never say die back into all we do as Black people hence, we,ll be worse off than we are today in the not too distant future.What sensible minds do is give Amodu the chance to learn on his trade with an opportunity at the WC, that,s what most other peoples do, why are we different? We want already made even if we did little or nothing to attain it,we should be wary of fire brigade approach to life and endeavour to be patient some times. Now that one of us that whose right it is to be at the WC has been robbed in broad daylight(for the second time),let,s see who they,re bringing in to help us win the WC. BLACK PEOPLE MUST BELIEVE IN THEIR ABILITIES because no one else will when we don,t have faith in our own abilities.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by snowdrops(m): 11:08am On Feb 07, 2010
Incompetent nincumpoo.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by chidyke77(m): 11:45am On Feb 07, 2010
he's not good simple
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by semid4lyfe(m): 1:43pm On Feb 07, 2010
Me, I go talk am again. . . . .this white wizard wey dem wan bring must take us to the final of the world cup. . . .Anything less is unacceptable. I dey here dey siddon dey look
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by deb(m): 3:02pm On Feb 07, 2010
Incompetent nincumpoo.

I agree with you.

@poster I watched the same interview, and their was a part that he said that he "has brought the Super Eagles back to their
bronze winning level
" I felt like cursing him when he said that. He is an incompetent fool. Let us not forget easily that it was
after Amodu's loss to Egypt that the NFF changed the target they gave him to Semi-Final. Final was the initial target for him.

Even if NFF's intent was to get to the Semis, which is only a foolhardy decision, shouldn't a great coach aspire for more considering
the fact that we have already won bronze 6times before the Nation's cup in Angola
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by 12large: 3:09pm On Feb 07, 2010
amodu is a biggest idiot ever, do you know that nff president tried to work with amodu and help him so we could have good world cup, but amodu refused. they told amodu that all he should do is to add some new players but amodu said no,he said that the team he took to angola have potential to do well in world cup, so after that statement i have never pity for amodu no more the guy did not learn any lesson at all if today we forgive him and give him eagles job he would still do the following
1] 6 defensive midfilders
2/nwaneri kanu yakubu is a guaranteed starter.

this kind of people i don't pity for at all he likes rubbish and old players more than his job. and people should stop saying God is watching because in football pitch there is no God brazil have sacked many coaches before and still won world cup
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by honeric01(m): 7:40pm On Feb 07, 2010
apart from westerholf, who else has achieved more than Amodu in the history of the super eagles? We have won the worldcup ticket 4 times, Amodu won 2 of the 4, who else has achieved more than him?

He's not good as they claimed, yet he was hired by these set of animals who eat their own.

He's not good, yet he achieved all that was set for him to achieve even with bunches of ungrateful players in the names of martins, yakubu, yobo and co.

These sets of players wanted him to fail, yet God didn't allow them to prevail, they said Amodu was not good enough to lead the se to the worldcup in 2002 after winning us the ticket, they gave his hard earned reward to onigbinde who ended up giving us the worst performance in the worldcup with the likes of opabunmi, ogbeche and co, where are all these useless bunches now? They said he was building us a team, where's that useless team that old hag said he built for us?

With attitude like these, nigeria is not going to grow, I don't want to lose hope in this country but my hope is being frustrated everyday with the ways nigerians and nigeria behave.

I am thinking some nigeriansh were cursed to bring down others.

The way some people ganged up on Amodu is so surprising that you'd be made to think he is responsible for the decay in nigeria today.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 09, 2010
honeric01:

apart from westerholf, who else has achieved more than Amodu in the history of the super eagles? We have won the worldcup ticket 4 times, Amodu won 2 of the 4, who else has achieved more than him?

He's not good as they claimed, yet he was hired by these set of animals who eat their own.

He's not good, yet he achieved all that was set for him to achieve even with bunches of ungrateful players in the names of martins, yakubu, yobo and co.

These sets of players wanted him to fail, yet God didn't allow them to prevail, they said Amodu was not good enough to lead the se to the worldcup in 2002 after winning us the ticket, they gave his hard earned reward to onigbinde who ended up giving us the worst performance in the worldcup with the likes of opabunmi, ogbeche and co, where are all these useless bunches now? They said he was building us a team, where's that useless team that old hag said he built for us?

With attitude like these, nigeria is not going to grow, I don't want to lose hope in this country but my hope is being frustrated everyday with the ways nigerians and nigeria behave.

I am thinking some nigeriansh were cursed to bring down others.

The way some people ganged up on Amodu is so surprising that you'd be made to think he is responsible for the decay in nigeria today.
Bros leave story,Amodu is not good at all.The guy is not technically sound.He is not a firm and discipline coach who can handle those big boys becos of what he is getting from them.Can he be firm like SIasia? NO.I can see that he is so gullible for him to believe that NFF wuld not hire foreign coach and thrown him out after the ANC.He is even fortunate to be demoted to SE team B.If he has seriously angry,let him reject the offer.Thats is when i will know he has shame.But i can bet he wont reject that offer so more bull shit will come to him.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by honeric01(m): 12:56pm On Feb 09, 2010
@nikkykay

Abeg, stop saying things u don't know just because everyone can type. Amodu is not good, yet he achieved all that he achieved right? can u define what is bad? What is good and what is not good?

Look at mourinho's stay in chelsea, they played the most ugly football ever played by chelsea but it was the result people were interested In.

Arsene wenger is playing cute football but is not winning, yet people wants him out so can you see how cruel life is?

in football, the end product is the result, dribble from now till 2020, if u don't win, you are labelled not good and Amodu only failed to win 3 times in his career.

Amodu is not the best coach in the world but you don't have the right to say he's not good because he's got the results to show for whatever tactics he used in all the games he played.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Bigtee(m): 12:57pm On Feb 09, 2010
You gotta feel for the guy (Amodu) He thought he had it coming.
But my gut feeling tells me we have not seen the last of this cat!
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by jessefly: 1:01pm On Feb 09, 2010
there is still enuf time
9ja shld withdraw from d world cup instead of goin there to make a fool of themselves, cos der is one thing goin to world cup as a contender or jus goin dere as a punching bag for odas
lets concentrate our resources on oda sports or discovering d next super eagles,
as a friend of mine wuld say "may 9ja shun football na only draft  n whot dem sabi"
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by honeric01(m): 1:02pm On Feb 09, 2010
one more thing, Amodu achieved most of what he achieved alone with no mercenaries helping him out unlike some of our local coaches boasting now.

Amodu's style of play is that of a traditional italian style of football, anyone's familiar with the old italian style of coaching would understand Amodu, the only problems he's got are his choice of players, the lack of adventure and risk taking.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by latepa(m): 1:05pm On Feb 09, 2010
For a start i'm not against Amodu because i think as a long time SE coach he should be giving the chance to take team to the world cup but my problem still remain in those set of players he used in the Nations cup,even a foreign coach will do no difference with them.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by tokunegiye(m): 1:16pm On Feb 09, 2010
This man is mad and ignorant he is even a fool.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by tokunegiye(m): 1:21pm On Feb 09, 2010
This man is mad and ignorant he is even a fool.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Pysam(m): 1:27pm On Feb 09, 2010
Amodu,foreign coach or what ever d nfa want to get.dey re all deceiver.we need a team not bunch of individual stars.who re lukin 4 high contract,we all know dat Amodu is one of d problems eagle need to solve.he does nt own d team
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Kx: 1:31pm On Feb 09, 2010
I feel for Amodu;but he is to blame.
He would have made it to the world cup if only he had listened to people.
Just too stubborn.
Enjoy ur home based eagles(assuming the local boys will respect u sha,afterall u hate them badly)
our latest training material coach.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Reptyle(m): 1:44pm On Feb 09, 2010
honeric01:

one more thing, Amodu achieved most of what he achieved alone with no mercenaries helping him out unlike some of our local coaches boasting now.

Amodu's style of play is that of a traditional italian style of football, anyone's familiar with the old italian style of coaching would understand Amodu, the only problems he's got are his choice of players, the lack of adventure and risk taking.

No be only Italian football, na spanish football!!! grin grin grin grin

Truth be told, Amodu is one of the most clueless football coaches that ever existed. Watching the SE play during the qualifiers and even during this recently concluded ANC, can you honestly say you saw a team that was playing under a coach that had a well thought out strategy? Going by your post, when you remove a coach's ability to make a good team selection and his spirit of adventure and willingness to take risks, what else does he have? Oh, and do not forget Amodu's obvious lack of technical depth in the area of match reading and lack of control over his players. The only thing Amodu has going for him is luck. In the past, Nigeria used to win some and lose some. Regardless of the result however, the SE used to play good football. Now we have to watch with bated breathe while teams like Kenya, Benin and Mozambique (no disrespect to these countries intended) make mince-meat of the SE on the field!!!

In the spirit of fairness, Amodu should have been allowed to take his team to the world cup and get chucked out in the first round with a basket full of goals. If for nothing else, at least he would have learnt the difference between playing some ill-prepared African teams and playing the likes of Argentina. grin grin grin
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 09, 2010
Reptyle:

Truth be told, Amodu is one of the most clueless football coaches that ever existed. Watching the SE play during the qualifiers and even during this recently concluded ANC, can you honestly say you saw a team that was playing under a coach that had a well thought out strategy? Going by your post, when you remove a coach's ability to make a good team selection and his spirit of adventure and willingness to take risks, what else does he have? Oh, and do not forget Amodu's obvious lack of technical depth in the area of match reading and lack of control over his players. The only thing Amodu has going for him is luck. In the past, Nigeria used to win some and lose some. Regardless of the result however, the SE used to play good football. Now we have to watch with bated breathe while teams like Kenya, Benin and Mozambique (no disrespect to these countries intended) make mince-meat of the SE on the field!!!

In the spirit of fairness, Amodu should have been allowed to take his team to the world cup and get chucked out in the first round with a basket full of goals. If for nothing else, at least he would have learnt the difference between playing some ill-prepared African teams and playing the likes of Argentina. grin grin grin
Please tell them.These mediocres like these who support mediocre coaches won't kill one.
Achievement.Beating minnows has now become an achievement.
We all know,Amodu's supporters inclusive,he was NOT the best candidate for the post.Siasia was.So empty rhetorics about him getting the job just don't cut it.He displayed his ineptude with the clueless CAN where he couldn't decode a simple strategy to beat a very predictable U-20 Ghana side.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by ochukoccna: 1:53pm On Feb 09, 2010
Reptyle:

Truth be told, Amodu is one of the most clueless football coaches that ever existed.
Yepa! Hamodu gbe! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by 77ken: 2:10pm On Feb 09, 2010
make aki n pawpaw the super eagles coach with same set of players they will silver in the nations, Amodu did nothing special for those who don`t know the Nigerian team has been in the same state for years bronze medals for yrs running.The problem is not amodu`s alone the whole NFF board like the house misrepresentatives are a bunch of misfits.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by marioP: 2:14pm On Feb 09, 2010
grin Amodu you can say anything you like - na you get your mouth - as long as you leave our football alone!
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by saydfact(m): 2:17pm On Feb 09, 2010
nikkykay:

Bros leave story,Amodu is not good at all.The guy is not technically sound.He is not a firm and discipline coach who can handle those big boys becos of what he is getting from them.Can he be firm like SIasia? NO.I can see that he is so gullible for him to believe that NFF wuld not hire foreign coach and thrown him out after the ANC.He is even fortunate to be demoted to SE team B.If he has seriously angry,let him reject the offer.Thats is when i will know he has shame.But i can bet he wont reject that offer so more bull poo will come to him.

SIASIA THE MAN WHO TOOK THE UNDER AGED TO THE LAST COMPETITION AND F, UCKED UP, U NEED TO STOP BEING BIASED AND SPEAK THE TRUTH FOR ONCE, SIASIA INDEED. SO U THINK SIASIA CAN CONTROL KANU, MARTINS, MIKEL, ETC WAKE UP.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by dammizz(m): 2:19pm On Feb 09, 2010
I knew right from the scratch that Amodu would not make a good coach, na today I hope we get a better coach though
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by saydfact(m): 2:21pm On Feb 09, 2010
Reptyle:

DONT 4GET THIS SAME AMODE PLAYED FRANCE AND BEAT THEM ALL ROUND, EXCEPT ARGENTINA OF 2DAY IS BETTER THAN FRANCE, lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by saydfact(m): 2:24pm On Feb 09, 2010
Reptyle:

DONT 4GET THIS SAME AMODE PLAYED FRANCE AND BEAT THEM ALL ROUND, EXCEPT ARGENTINA OF 2DAY IS BETTER THAN FRANCE, lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Cokerr(m): 2:28pm On Feb 09, 2010
12large or whatever you call yourself,why are you irrational and also sentimental in your irresponsible opinion,oh my God,what else do you pple want,give me one good reason why the nff should tell him what to do after giving him the job,this brilliant mind has qualified us for mundial twice,the first time,he was replaced,we've done the same to him again,what a cursed country with useless  pple like you.you see nothing good in blacks especially nigerian players or coaches,now we want to employ those failed in their respective countries.Were you deaf and dumb when the nff gave him the semi final target,were you deaf or why are you now,anybody that says amodu is not qualified to take us to the world,such person is also not qualified to eat the fruits of his own labour,simple.I'm sure you are one of those unpatriotic fools that supported either egypt pr ghana,why wont you just stop talking abt us and give your unreasonable opinions to those you support
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by vislabraye(m): 2:47pm On Feb 09, 2010
Between 1 to 10, I'll rate Amodu 6. His peformance for the SE was relatively fair, not woeful . I look at how Cameroon fumbled in AC and how Cote D'voire what flogged out. So in that sense, Amodu did quite well. (More could have still been done )To tell you the truth, if Amodu can perform well with the SE, I dont think any Nigerian coach can Or is it Onigbinde you want us to bring back grin .

Personally, I support us hiring a foreign coach but the timing is wrong and I don't even think Guus Hiddink ( can you believe the id.ots in glass house have not yet hired him ) would be able to do much within the short space of time.

SO let us manage with Amodu.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Marymos: 2:55pm On Feb 09, 2010
Am waiting for the magic the so call foreign technical adviser will perform at the world cup.Four months to the world we are still deceiving ourselves.We didn't even learn any lesson from Beti Vogt.The only mistake Amodu made was to take the wrong set of players to the nations cup.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Calling All Real Madrid Fans / Super Eagles Winger ,ahmed Musa Weds In November / Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.