Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

My Infinix Note 2 Sound Stopped Working After Plugging An Audio Cord To It - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Infinix Note 2 Sound Stopped Working After Plugging An Audio Cord To It (3469 Views)

3 Ways To Charge Your Smartphones Without Plugging Them In / Pls How Do I Connect Auxillary Cord To Sony Stereo!!? (pics Included) / My Infinix Note 2 Bluetooth, Wi-fi And Hotspot Stopped Turning On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Infinix Note 2 Sound Stopped Working After Plugging An Audio Cord To It by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 7:07pm On Jul 24, 2017
Hi Friends, Please I need your kind assistance, yesterday I plugged an audio cord into the earpiece opening of my phone to that of a Compact Disk in order to play out my music with de CD speakers like using de phone as DJ to play birthday songs & since then everything sound both earpiece, mouthpiece & phone speakers stopped working, everything related to sound has completely stopped working in my phone.. Please what could be the problem & what do I do? Thanks
Re: My Infinix Note 2 Sound Stopped Working After Plugging An Audio Cord To It by smartty68(m): 7:10pm On Jul 24, 2017
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:
Hi Friends, Please I need your kind assistance, yesterday I plugged an audio cord into the earpiece opening of my phone to that of a Compact Disk in order to play out my music with de CD speakers like using de phone as DJ to play birthday songs & since then everything sound both earpiece, mouthpiece & phone speakers stopped working, everything related to sound has completely stopped working in my phone.. Please what could be the problem & what do I do? Thanks
Have you tried restarting the phone?
Re: My Infinix Note 2 Sound Stopped Working After Plugging An Audio Cord To It by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 7:11pm On Jul 24, 2017
smartty68:

Have you tried restarting the phone?
Yes bro, still it persist
Re: My Infinix Note 2 Sound Stopped Working After Plugging An Audio Cord To It by smartty68(m): 7:16pm On Jul 24, 2017
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:

Yes bro, still it persist
What phone?
Re: My Infinix Note 2 Sound Stopped Working After Plugging An Audio Cord To It by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 24, 2017
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:
the audio pin u plugged to ur phone probably bent those metal inside ur earphone port thereby disabling it from returning which implies ur phone still assume there is an earphone still plugged to it. U would notice the headphone symbol still appears on ur phone even when there is none. the solution is plug and unplug (in that order)the earphone plug to ur phone severally, it may help free any of the metal if anyone is stuck and if it doesn't work u have to change ur phone earphone port. it happened because the audio pin u plugged is a little thicker(bigger)than ur phone's earphone port though u would hardly notice. it is courtesy of China or Aba made audio pin. U would notice that u would hear sound if u use hands free on ur phone.
Re: My Infinix Note 2 Sound Stopped Working After Plugging An Audio Cord To It by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2017
smartty68:

What phone?
Infinix Note 2
Re: My Infinix Note 2 Sound Stopped Working After Plugging An Audio Cord To It by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 7:36pm On Jul 24, 2017
ethene:

the audio pin u plugged to ur phone probably bent those metal inside ur earphone port thereby disabling it from returning which implies ur phone still assume there is an earphone still plugged to it. U would notice the headphone symbol still appears on ur phone even when there is none. the solution is plug and unplug (in that order)the earphone plug to ur phone severally, it may help free any of the metal if anyone is stuck and if it doesn't work u have to change ur phone earphone port. it happened because the audio pin u plugged is a little thicker(bigger)than ur phone's earphone port though u would hardly notice. it is courtesy of China or Aba made audio pin. U would notice that u would hear sound if u use hands free on ur phone.
Okay bro, but no headphone symbol comes up, I will try out ur advice, but it is everything sound that went off in the phone.. Thanks
Re: My Infinix Note 2 Sound Stopped Working After Plugging An Audio Cord To It by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2017
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:

Okay bro, but no headphone symbol comes up, I will try out ur advice, but it is everything sound that went off in the phone.. Thanks
yeah, u know earphones disable all sounds and channel them through its speakers(that is earphone's speaker).
Re: My Infinix Note 2 Sound Stopped Working After Plugging An Audio Cord To It by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 7:44pm On Jul 24, 2017
ethene:

yeah, u know earphones disable all sounds and channel them through its speakers(that is earphone's speaker).
oh my Godd.. I will do as u said. thanks
Re: My Infinix Note 2 Sound Stopped Working After Plugging An Audio Cord To It by smartty68(m): 7:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:

Infinix Note 2
I've seen this issue before, try connecting your earpiece again or in SETTINGS - AUDIO OR SOUND PROFILE - GENERAL - VOLUME try checking the volume level
Re: My Infinix Note 2 Sound Stopped Working After Plugging An Audio Cord To It by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 8:04pm On Jul 24, 2017
smartty68:

I've seen this issue before, try connecting your earpiece again or in SETTINGS - AUDIO OR SOUND PROFILE - GENERAL - VOLUME try checking the volume level
okay bro, will do that, it isnt de audio profile problem, everything regarding it is normal.
Re: My Infinix Note 2 Sound Stopped Working After Plugging An Audio Cord To It by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 8:23am On Aug 06, 2017
Thank you all for your advice, I have fixed it, just that it made me loose all my datas and I didnt know that would occur.. thanks once again I appreciate. love y'al!
Re: My Infinix Note 2 Sound Stopped Working After Plugging An Audio Cord To It by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 06, 2017
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:
Thank you all for your advice, I have fixed it, just that it made me loose all my datas and I didnt know that would occur.. thanks once again I appreciate. love y'al!
So what actually went wrong with it and how did u resolve it?
Re: My Infinix Note 2 Sound Stopped Working After Plugging An Audio Cord To It by xtervaganza(m): 7:29pm On Aug 06, 2017
ethene:

of that is the case then He should go to radio and put it on speaker then.

If it did not work then his phone sound ic Don burn be that poor. It happened to one of my walkman back then
Re: My Infinix Note 2 Sound Stopped Working After Plugging An Audio Cord To It by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 9:30pm On Aug 06, 2017
ethene:

So what actually went wrong with it and how did u resolve it?
Took it to a repair center where it was fixed, didnt know part of the repair will cost me to lose my datas, which if i had known would have backed up,, glad though!.
Re: My Infinix Note 2 Sound Stopped Working After Plugging An Audio Cord To It by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 9:31pm On Aug 06, 2017
xtervaganza:
of that is the case then He should go to radio and put it on speaker then.
If it did not work then his phone sound ic Don burn be that poor. It happened to one of my walkman back then
You are on point!

(1) (Reply)

Redmi Note 7 Official Thread / Redmi Note 8 And Note 8 Pro Launched, 64MP Camera, Helio G90T, 18W Charging / Only Samsung Phones UK & New At Cheap Price and Repairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.