Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,870 members, 7,806,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich (33381 Views)

Top 10 Signs A Nigerian Man Wants To Marry You / I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. / "I Will Marry You" - Oyinbo Man Tells Busty Nigerian Lady Frying Puff Puf Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by VargasVee(m): 5:34pm On Jul 25, 2017
MzJin:
hhahaahahahhahaha......I smell pokenosers..........who say make u buy ma mata tatafoooo....

Don't start what you can't finish wink
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by MzJin(f): 5:39pm On Jul 25, 2017
VargasVee:

Don't start what you can't finish wink
e bi like u dey look 4social media combat partner...aint gona give ye dat privilege b4 my name go appear for fp.......or headlines.....abeg oga clear ma path no b me mak u vex....
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by wizemax(m): 5:40pm On Jul 25, 2017
Now i ask the $1million question, "what exactly do women contribute in a relationship"?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by luswitz(f): 5:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
Old story.. is it new? If u are knowing this for the first time. U are a learner. grin
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by messenger4891: 5:51pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:
Ithappened to two of my friends but lem me talk about one..

Their relationship started this time last 5years. When this my girlfriend was just in her under 20's. So this guy came to her when he had nothing. Though it took this my gf time to actually accept him. Then I would advice her to at least date when she turns 20 at least to know a lot about relationship but due to her love for the guy she accepted him.

Then the guy graduated from university and luckily for him he went for his NYSC shortly when my gf accepted his proposal.. Then this guy would visit her without giving her anything, they were loved up and she was cool with it..she loved him so much that nothing about him pisses her off..

hmmm, so many times this my gf would go to visit him but because he doesn't have money she would transport herself...the guy then loved her.. Maybe because he was still broke.. I would then ask this bae if she cheats on him but she would say no, even to the extend that she doesn't club or do any social stuff because of his guy, she prays and encouraged him.

Fast forward to this time last year, the guy started making money ..bought cars and started building ..he has many investments.

Just last two months she called and was crying that the guy had broken up with her and I was like ...please calm down and tell me what transpired. .she said that the guy chatted her up to tell her that he likes light skinned ladies...and that he doesn't love her enough to marry her because of her skin colour..

I called the supposed bf and the guy was actually telling me he Will cheat on her if he eventually marries her...but this bae suffered with him all this while for 4years and he didn't notice her dark colour until he started making money.
my question op is "did she give him money that made him rich or she was there while the guy was busy making and working hard to become rich? though I don't encourage such dumping but you sounded as if the gal in question made him rich.make she clean her eyes and move on
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Yabiola26(m): 5:55pm On Jul 25, 2017
That is too rumassy and dramatrox. How can you homoglobe a braminis in a gremesimical manner of this type without considering the veribound and the jigun-laguns? I can categorically zecresse and progmatidolibrate to every fremmissy occupying this fallatose that, this is nothing but an erravication of a mere catomisimism. So kindly disregard the raframmy and the wacrozzy. Thank you
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by dammysel(f): 5:55pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

Their relationship started this time last 5years. When this my girlfriend was just in her under 20's. So this guy came to her when he had nothing. Though it took this my gf time to actually accept him. Then I would advice her to at least date when she turns 20 at least to know a lot about relationship but due to her love for the guy she accepted him.

Then the guy graduated from university and luckily for him he went for his NYSC shortly when my gf accepted his proposal.. Then this guy would visit her without giving her anything, they were loved up and she was cool with it..she loved him so much that nothing about him pisses her off..

hmmm, so many times this my gf would go to visit him but because he doesn't have money she would transport herself...the guy then loved her.. Maybe because he was still broke.. I would then ask this bae if she cheats on him but she would say no, even to the extend that she doesn't club or do any social stuff because of his guy, she prays and encouraged him.

Fast forward to this time last year, the guy started making money ..bought cars and started building ..he has many investments.

Just last two months she called and was crying that the guy had broken up with her and I was like ...please calm down and tell me what transpired. .she said that the guy chatted her up to tell her that he likes light skinned ladies...and that he doesn't love her enough to marry her because of her skin colour..

I called the supposed bf and the guy was actually telling me he Will cheat on her if he eventually marries her...but this bae suffered with him all this while for 4years and he didn't notice her dark colour until he started making money.

I'm a living witness. ..smh

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 25, 2017
dammysel:

sorry about that dear
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by LordAdam16: 6:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kondomatic:
No guy leaves a GOOD woman who stood by him when he was poor.

Lemme Highlight Some Things.

1. Dating a broke guy doesn't mean you are a good woman

2. Dating a broke guy and building a future with a broke guy are not the same

3. Dating a guy because you've looked into his future and seen that he will turn out great is not love, dating, support or whatever you girls take it to be. It is an investment into his blessing with nothing and every investor losses.

4. If you date a guy when he was broke but didn't invest in him or support him(and prayer isn't the support I am talking about here, his mama prayers for him even in sleep) , he owe you nothing and can break up with you anytime

5. Dating a broke guy is like sponsoring a lady's education when she is not married to you, they come back with another guy instead of certificate most times.

Alright, I see this post is a fan favorite by the guy squad.

But:

Let me put a different spin on it. Now, I'm not saying it's factually correct. No relationship is set in stone.

But seriously, we can't be encouraging our ladies to "stay" with broke guys and then add the disclaimer "we have a FREE, COMPLETE, NO-FRILLS, NO-HASSLE license to replace your loyal a$$ anytime we feel like it." Go over that again, and tell me that sounds fair or nice or gentlemanly.

If that lady was good enough to be his gf for 4 yrs, she's good enough to be his wife. When I read the reason, it looked like this to me -- %$^*((^%$*())*&^%$#. A string of characters that makes no sense. If his weakness are light-skinned ladies (Lord knows I'm team light-skinned, tho' I'm not a puritan), that wouldn't stop him from cheating on a light-skinned spouse with a younger, more beautiful light-skinned secretary or sth. Having the ideal at home has never stopped brothers from having extra-marital classes since time in memorial.

The bottom line is that if a lady has been loyal to you, reward that loyalty. If you are sure she ain't a "GOOD WOMAN", then give her your stamp of disapproval by breaking up with her while you're still broke. Don't wait until you're earning half-a-million+ to do that. That's all shades of unfair. Even if you're going to break up with her, because sure no one owes anybody anything (and that goes both ways, so a girl you met while the going was good has no obligation to stick around when you've fallen from grace to grass), please don't just end it off like it was nothing, or worse, give an insult of a reason.

-Lord

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by ashewoboy(m): 6:12pm On Jul 25, 2017
dammysel:

tell your own story.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Sierusvirus(m): 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2017
passey:
Recharge card beggars calling people broke...
It makes me want to ask, how many ladies are really not broke?
Everything is broke, broke, broke... as if being broke is dependent on gender!
Both genders can be broke, unfaithful and all shades of bad.
You can have, do and be whatever and whoever you want to be without pegging your life and happiness on any other gender and the achievement or otherwise, of another person.
Just work hard and decide who you want for a companion...
Don't just go broke this, broke that like a broken record!
Unfortunately, this is the only country on earth where the stereotype "Broke" exists... mtcheew
Bro, I had in mind to clear the word BROKE as regards to male and female but decided to read through before seeing your post.
Accessing a male and female, who are broke. Both are broke unless acquired inheritance but let's access after University, using the population, we have more of females than Males at ratio 10:1.
If one guy is broke that means 10 females are into poverty broke condition, if 10,000 guys are broke means 100,000 girls .
Shocked hearing broke girls saying they can't date a broke guy. That guy referred to as broke are more buoyant than them ooo. I just observed that they like talking to get attention which is in their nature.....
Before you call somebody broke, do access yourself very well to know if you are better ( Not sleeping around with man to get money but earning your money for working or handwork) then you can speak, apart from that, put yourself or house in order

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Olumaeme: 6:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
rosalieene:

I ain't endorsing cheating anyway, just stating the obvious fact.

Irony of life

Av seen runsgirls getting marriage proposals from various guys while the good ones are either single or trying to put up with a guy Prolly their bf.

It's just one of those things in life.

Fortunately, this girls termed as bad end up with the good guys.

Irony of life!!!

That's the biggest lie I have ever heard in my entire life... Yes, good girls get proposal and runs girls end up as baby mamas..

Most of the top big men are married to their childhood girlfriends... Let me call popular celebrities you can relate to and you tell me popular runs girls u know...
Seyi Law, basket mouth, Vincent Enyeama, Tuface, Duncan mighty, etc all married women who stayed with them.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by jy2kbeyond(m): 6:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
Nnemuka:
Broke guys are good in one thing which is sex, that is all they can offer.
Stay because of the sex but if you expect him to marry you, nne you are on a long thing.

The researcher. Lol
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by URANTAALLWELL(m): 6:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
pocohantas:
The things you should have in mind when dating a broke guy is...

You're not doing him a favour...That he is broke doesn't make him a less human or privileged to have you. That you're with him means there is something you prioritised above finance, something that appeals to you. So, you're not as 'nice' as you think. The way you're singing how your friend didn't collect money, so?

With money or education comes a change in taste and perception ... This one makes me believe your story. When you have money, you begin to wonder how somethings and people appealed to you. That's the truth. I know a man who gave his wife money to bleach when he became rich...

Humans are selfish...The average human would step on toes to satisfy himself, that includes when choosing a partner. With money, comes more choices...don't be surprised if he puts his long term happiness over your supposed loyalty.

Some of you spend so much time encouraging and developing him than yourselves ... You are always praying and encouraging him, when do you make out time to pray and encourage yourself? Remember with money comes change in taste. When he hammers and becomes digital, you're still analog... You didn't develop yourself in anyway, probably waiting for him to get rich, so una fit enjoy. His innate human selfishness might begin to manifest.

You're not indispensable ...Some women think because they supported a guy in whatever way they think, he owes them his life. Yes, one good turn deserves another...but don't rub it in his face.

Always help because you wanna help...not always because you want something in return...being marriage. It's only human you thing longterm, life thinks different sometimes.

I usually don't comment on this kind of threads but your statement here is properly balanced. self development is key for everyone not just males.

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 25, 2017
The eperfect solution to this kind of situation is for the 2 parties to have a relationship agreement...with friends and relatives as witnesses angry
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by hartson(m): 6:33pm On Jul 25, 2017
A woman's royalty is tested when a man has noting and a man's royalty is tested when he has everything.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by TinaAnita(f): 6:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
My dear fellow ladies are you all taking note of certain points? You can date a broke guy if you like but bear in mind that sticking with him is no guarantee that the relationship would automatically lead to marriage when the table turns around, he may dump you the moment money falls on him.

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by tonero230(m): 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2017
wizemax:
Now i ask the $1million question, "what exactly do women contribute in a relationship"?

Are you a learner?To spread their legs very wide
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by merits(m): 6:52pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

tongue
sekxy:

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Olibboy: 7:04pm On Jul 25, 2017
Rorachy:
Yes its not a guarantee.

And not all relationship will end in marriage.
My mama told me, make sure you got a rider beside you
Even if you ain't have all the money, fame and the power. USHER'S VOICE.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 25, 2017
Lsofdk:
Holla holla wink
We popping bottles tongue

Howdy,partner?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by khain(f): 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
that really unfair to the girl, he will definately regret his action and then it will be too late for him.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by HolyTitus(m): 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2017
Victornezzar:

In which world do d good guys end up with bad galz biko
seems you just dropped on earth from space
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Victornezzar: 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2017
HolyTitus:
seems you just dropped on earth from space
Okay
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by naturefellow(m): 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2017
rosalieene:
I see some biased judgement.

It was this kinda scenario that made Toke makinwa to bleach her skin, today what happened?

If you decide to date a comfy dude, they will complain and call you are a gold digger.

if you decide to stand by a man, the possibility of him ending up with you is 50-50.

Empower yourself as a lady, don't give in too much in a relationship and don't expect much.

Going by experience and others experience, I don't blame those who say "do not put all ur eggs in one basket " I have come to realize that 80% of those who follow this rule always have the last laugh.
true talk aunty!

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Mypeople2(m): 7:36pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kondomatic:
No guy leaves a GOOD woman who stood by him when he was poor.

Lemme Highlight Some Things.

1. Dating a broke guy doesn't mean you are a good woman

2. Dating a broke guy and building a future with a broke guy are not the same

3. Dating a guy because you've looked into his future and seen that he will turn out great is not love, dating, support or whatever you girls take it to be. It is an investment into his blessing with nothing and every investor losses.

4. If you date a guy when he was broke but didn't invest in him or support him(and prayer isn't the support I am talking about here, his mama prayers for him even in sleep) , he owe you nothing and can break up with you anytime

5. Dating a broke guy is like sponsoring a lady's education when she is not married to you, they come back with another guy instead of certificate most times.
My guy, take 30billion likes for this your post.You too much.. you spoke my mind.Women think staying with a broke guy without assisting or supporting him will guarantee her the wife position. Sorry o you just after to "reapply " for that position when the money comes. But when you support him in anyway u can,the guy will love you forever.Like you said,NO GUY WILL LEAVE A GOOD LADY ..NO MAN BORN OF A WOMAN WILL DO THAT .Go and ask properly what she did during their relationship
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by davidif: 8:07pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

Since when are you suppose to give a girl money simply because you are in a relationship? Nigerian mentality ehn?

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2017
davidif:

Since when are you suppose to give a girl money simply because you are in a relationship? Nigerian mentality ehn?
since when is it bad to give a girl that visits you tfare??Nigeria mentality.....get out my mention if what you have to spew this night is nothing but a stale pap
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Xtybrown: 8:23pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hahahahah I cannot take such risk Mbok. It's when a person has money u know their true colour not when they r broke. Don't worry karma is a bitch. Sorry for her thou . And ladies remember to close ur legs. Use ur brain not ur heart. That stupid thing call marriage doesnt have value these days. 80% of men cheat on their wives. Don't even take care of them. God did not create u to go n marry. Women work on ur self. Build ur own empire don't wait for those dogs. Don't invest in them either. OK bye

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 25, 2017
LordAdam16:

Alright, I see this post is a fan favorite by the guy squad.

But:

Let me put a different spin on it. Now, I'm not saying it's factually correct. No relationship is set in stone.

But seriously, we can't be encouraging our ladies to "stay" with broke guys and then add the disclaimer "we have a FREE, COMPLETE, NO-FRILLS, NO-HASSLE license to replace your loyal a$$ anytime we feel like it." Go over that again, and tell me that sounds fair or nice or gentlemanly.

If that lady was good enough to be his gf for 4 yrs, she's good enough to be his wife. When I read the reason, it looked like this to me -- %$^*((^%$*())*&^%$#. A string of characters that makes no sense. If his weakness are light-skinned ladies (Lord knows I'm team light-skinned, tho' I'm not a puritan), that wouldn't stop him from cheating on a light-skinned spouse with a younger, more beautiful light-skinned secretary or sth. Having the ideal at home has never stopped brothers from having extra-marital classes since time in memorial.

The bottom line is that if a lady has been loyal to you, reward that loyalty. If you are sure she ain't a "GOOD WOMAN", then give her your stamp of disapproval by breaking up with her while you're still broke. Don't wait until you're earning half-a-million+ to do that. That's all shades of unfair. Even if you're going to break up with her, because sure no one owes anybody anything (and that goes both ways, so a girl you met while the going was good has no obligation to stick around when you've fallen from grace to grass), please don't just end it off like it was nothing, or worse, give an insult of a reason.

-Lord
I always look forward to seeing your post..and you have never disappointed in any way..thanks for this,,I'm your fan

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by davidif: 8:43pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

My goodness! All this "broke this, broke that" nonsense nigerians like saying is really amusing and absurd at the same time. It's like a beggar boasting to his fellow beggars that he got the biggest crumbs. In case you didn't know, Nigeria is ranked as one of the poorest nations in the world with over 60% of the population live on less than $ 2.00 dollars a day yet you would see Nigerians bragging and looking down on other Nigerians who are less fortunate than they are and call them "broke" when they themselves are either just as "broke" or just marginally well off. It's like someone making 4 dollars a day looking down on someone making 2 dollars a day. It's so ridiculous it's not even funny. Talk about ignorance, vanity, elitism and snobbery mixed up together.

In developed countries like the US you hardly hear the white folks make fun of people because of their socio economic status but its amongst the blacks that the mentality is prevalent. Not to talk of Nigeria, one of the poorest nations in the world where the majority is wallowing in poverty another person would come and be looking down on his fellow man in the struggle and calling them broke just because he managed to get in line ahead of his colleagues this time to get crumbs that fall from the table. Animal kingdom mentality at its worst. Humble yourself before circumstances humble you.

On another note, with all this fascination about "broke guys" why don't we hear topics about broke girls? Why must it be the guy that people refer to as broke? I hardly come on here and hear anything about broke females, it's always the guy. As if the economic situation in this country is different for men and women. Are they not all in the same boat? Abi this your so called female friend is rich herself?

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by davidif: 8:45pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

since when is it bad to give a girl that visits you tfare??Nigeria mentality.....get out my mention if what you have to spew this night is nothing but a stale pap

Tfare? You chose to come visit him didn't you?

And no I wont get out of your mentions. This is a public forum so I can say whatever I want. If you don't like it, sue me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Husband! / My Boyfriend Hit Me...should I Forgive Him? / 95 Year Old Gay Manmarries His 65-year Old Gay Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.