Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,722 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Don't Believe The Life Of Social Media. READ THIS - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Believe The Life Of Social Media. READ THIS (765 Views)

Video: When I Tell People My ASS Claps They Don't Believe Watch My Ass Clapping / I Have 1 Boyfriend In 4 Years. Why I Don't Believe In Doing Runs - Nigerian Lady / Woman Attacks Nigerian Men On Social Media. Read What She Said (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Believe The Life Of Social Media. READ THIS by Phonefanatic: 8:12am On Jul 25, 2017
As posted by Emeka Ugwuonye of Due Process Advocates on Facebook

INTERNET CHANGED EVERYTHING, INCLUDING THE BUSINESS OF PROSTITUTION.
Re: Amaka Webi

Not too long ago, prostitutes used to stand in the evenings on the street of Adeyemo Alakija, Victoria Island, where my office is located. Habitually, I leave office late. As my car drives by, I would see these ladies looking expectantly at every flashy car that passed.

There was one particular girl that used to stand right opposite the Globe Motors building where my office is located. As my car pulled out through the gate, I would see this girl. One night when it rained suddenly, she and other women in her trade, tried to take shelter in the building. The security men refused to let them. My car was leaving the premises when I saw the security men pushing these girls into the rain. I told them to allow them. This same woman was there.

A day after this incident, I posted an article either on my wall or DPA wall on the topic of prostitution. (Some of you may remember). I titled my post - "Legalization of Prostitution". Anybody who read that article would notice that I was very sympathetic with the lives and conditions of prostitutes in Lagos. My views were informed by the suffering and humiliation I saw these women go through in my street, particularly the rainy night before. During that night, as these girls scurried to get out of the rain, I could observe that particular girl close enough to be able to recognize her anywhere.

In that my article, I also highlighted the potential that the internet, particularly Facebook, held for prostitutes. I argued that instead of standing by the street at night with all the attendant risks, including the risk of constant raids by the police (The police would come at night and take them away in their vans and the girls would bail themselves with sex or cash). I suggested in my article that rather than stand by the street, these girls could just open a Facebook account and continue their business to a more successful outcome. It seemed that one of the girls in our street read my article and followed it.

But wait for the coincidences of life. Last December or was it January, I had visitors from Europe on business. You will remember the pictures we took. My guests were kept in a hotel in Ikoyi. Unknown to me, somebody in the hotel arranged for girls for some of the men. I wasn't aware of this initially. However, late in the second night, one of my guest noticed that his wallet was missing. I was contacted on the phone. I found out they had some company. I was curious: what sort of company that I wasn't aware of? The story was that there were 3 girls. The lead girl brought two other girls to service these men and they were being paid $150 each night. But the entire $450 was given to the lead girl known as Amaka.

There and then, I instructed that the girls be arrested. Of course the Oyibos didn't know what to. They just needed their wallet back. I sent two of my staff to go to hotel and make sure the girls were arrested as suspects for the missing wallet. Amaka, the leader and the two other girls were arrested and detained at Ikoyi police station. They did everything to come out that night and they denied knowing anything about the wallet. But the police told them that one Barrister Emeka Ugwuonye insisted they be detained unless they produced the wallet.

They produced the wallet around 3:am and were released by 7am after it was confirmed that everything was intact. After their release, I learnt that the lead girl called the Oyibo and asked for the $450 for the night before. You know how Oyibo behaves. They were going to give her the $450 when I learnt about it and stopped it. For me it was over. I didn't even see the girls.

Two days ago, I learned of one lady attacking me on Facebook. She spoke about my landlords, both office and residential. She claimed we all live in Ikoyi. And many people were forwarding to me the nasty attacks she was directing at me. It was obvious to me that this woman must be angry with me for some encounter between us in the past that I was not aware of. I looked at her picture. It looked familiar. But I didn't recall any incident between us that could have made her so angry. But I was just shocked by what I heard.

Since she claimed to know about me, I felt my staff might know her. So I asked them to look at her profile. My driver remembered her as the girl that stood in front of my building. Also, she was the Amaka, the lead girl. Wow!

On a closer look at her profile, for the account she just created in May, you will be convinced this is a crook.

I knew a stranger cannot hate you. It must be somebody angry with you from the past. I got her arrested and forced to produce the wallet they stole and to forfeit $450. That's enough to make Amaka Webi wish me dead.

The internet has changed everything including the business of prostitution. And a prostate can now describe herself as a serial entrepreneur and lead discussions on the internet. Human civilization has come a long way.

Look at Amaka Webi, which may not be her real name. Start with her profile description. Look at the lies. Look at where she says she lives. Wow!

NOTE: I don't consider this woman my enemy. A person in her circumstances cannot be my enemy. She deserves my sympathy instead. I only bothered to share our findings for the benefit of those who were wondering where this strange attacker was coming from. We now know.

Re: Don't Believe The Life Of Social Media. READ THIS by jay7(m): 8:14am On Jul 25, 2017
Well done
Re: Don't Believe The Life Of Social Media. READ THIS by Kondomatic(m): 8:16am On Jul 25, 2017
And you posted her picture?
Re: Don't Believe The Life Of Social Media. READ THIS by Phonefanatic: 8:22am On Jul 25, 2017
Kondomatic:
And you posted her picture?

I only shared what was posted.
Re: Don't Believe The Life Of Social Media. READ THIS by ochobaba(m): 9:22am On Jul 25, 2017
Have never been a fan of anyone named AMAKA...
The first Amaka I met, gave me a wrong number
The second turned me on and left me hanging
I suffer for their hands no b small
Re: Don't Believe The Life Of Social Media. READ THIS by Phonefanatic: 10:54am On Jul 25, 2017
ochobaba:
Have never been a fan of anyone named AMAKA...
The first Amaka I met, gave me a wrong number
The second turned me on and left me hanging
I suffer for their hands no b small

Try this one bro grin
Re: Don't Believe The Life Of Social Media. READ THIS by ochobaba(m): 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2017
Phonefanatic:

Try this one bro grin
Make I die
Re: Don't Believe The Life Of Social Media. READ THIS by Khutie: 3:12pm On Jul 25, 2017
grin And if yhu holla at 'em, them be giving yhu go fvck yhursef look widowt yhu knowing they ain't worth 200k

another slay mama

(1) (Reply)

Woman Left Half-blind, Mouth Melted After Brutal Acid Attack By Estranged Husban / Which team do you think would win the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE? / Is It Insecurity Or What

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.