Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,246 members, 7,780,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:28 PM

Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. (4480 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Commercial Driver Prays As A Muslim, Christian And Traditionalist Before A Trip / Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Ishilove: 12:53pm On Aug 12, 2017
Dantedasz:

Mynd44, Dantedasz is disturbing my life

Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by 1Sharon(f): 1:52pm On Aug 12, 2017
jonbellion:
This one is still here fooling himself undecided
*sigh*

Damogul the fitness instructor grin. This nigga is jack of all trades
Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Dantedasz(m): 1:54pm On Aug 12, 2017
Ishilove:

Mynd44, Dantedasz is disturbing my life

This is what I am talking about; Classical ishilove. Inviting trouble and then cowardly screaming for the mods.
Typical ishilove low blow.

1 Like

Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Ishilove: 2:28pm On Aug 12, 2017
Dantedasz:

This is what I am talking about; Classical ishilove. Inviting trouble and then cowardly screaming for the mods.
Typical ishilove low blow.
Coward and Ishilove, in the same sentence?? shocked undecided

Nigga, how long have you been on NL? embarassed

Mynd44, Dantedasz is calling me coward!!

Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Dantedasz(m): 3:05pm On Aug 12, 2017
Ishilove:

Coward and Ishilove, in the same sentence?? shocked undecided

Nigga, how long have you been on NL? embarassed

Mynd44, Dantedasz is calling me coward!!

I see you have been digging up my past posts trying to read my mind.
I am calling you a coward for inviting trouble and then yelling for the cops.
Are you calling Mynd44 to save you? grin

2 Likes

Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Ishilove: 3:13pm On Aug 12, 2017
Dantedasz:

I see you have been digging up my past posts trying to read my mind.
I am calling you a coward for inviting trouble and then yelling for the cops.
Are you calling Mynd44 to save you? grin
Me dig your posts? Me, Ishilove, dig your posts up? Me?? tongue Do you think I'm that jobless? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Which trouble did I invite? Save me from what? You?? If I slap you enh, your ancestors will feel dizzy. Mschewwwwwwwwwwwww

Mynd44, Dantedasz is finding my trouble and I will give triple!! grin
Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Dantedasz(m): 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2017
grin
Ishilove:

Me dig your posts? Me, Ishilove, dig your posts up? Me?? tongue Do you think I'm that jobless? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Which trouble did I invite? Save me from what? You?? If I slap you enh, your ancestors will feel dizzy. Mschewwwwwwwwwwwww

You are actually one of the most jobless people on this forum. You are all over the place attacking people and engineering fights,then crying blue murder and begging the mods to save your sorry arze when you are attacked.
I know you have a lot of idle time on your hands since Seun sacked you as a mod.
You are a complete nuisance on these boards.
cool

3 Likes

Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Ishilove: 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2017
Dantedasz:
grin

You are actually one of the most jobless people on this forum. You are all over the place attacking people and engineering fights,then crying blue murder and begging the mods to save your sorry arze when you are attacked.
I know you have a lot of idle time on your hands since Seun sacked you as a mod.
You are a complete nuisance on these boards.
cool
Haa, yes, I was waiting for the 'Seun sacked you' angle. You, like the many small minded people on this forum did not disappoint.

You 'know' I'm idle since Seun 'sacked' me, right? That means you've been monitoring my activities online for over two years, which makes you even more jobless than I am. That's a worrying obsession.

Your peers are making enviable strides in their chosen fields but Dantedasz is spending 'productive' time stalking Ishilove and measuring her level of idleness.

Oya clap yourself, your folks will be mighty proud of your achievements.

1 Like

Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Dantedasz(m): 5:31pm On Aug 12, 2017
Ishilove:

Haa, yes, I was waiting for the 'Seun sacked you' angle. You, like the many small minded people on this forum did not disappoint.

You 'know' I'm idle since Seun 'sacked' me, right? That means you've been monitoring my activities online for over two years, which makes you even more jobless than I am. That's a worrying obsession. Your peers are making enviable strides in their chosen fields but Dantedasz is stalking Ishilove and measuring her level of idleness.

Oya clap yourself, your folks will be mighty proud of you

You were sacked as a mod. Yet you can't get off that forum. You are there morning,afternoon,and night stirring up trouble. Are you so shameless.
You were sacked but you are still on nairaland as if it is your air supply.

2 Likes

Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Ishilove: 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2017
Dantedasz:

You were sacked as a mod. Yet you can't get off that forum. You are there morning,afternoon,and night stirring up trouble. Are you so shameless.
You were sacked but you are still on nairaland as if it is your air supply.
Lmao!!!

So where's my sack letter/notice?! cheesy cheesy

I'm here morning, afternoon and night, right? That means you're also here morning, afternoon and night for you to know I'm here morning, afternoon and night. grin

Go and find work and stop stalking me, you this jobless man!! Stalker!!

2 Likes

Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Dantedasz(m): 6:07pm On Aug 12, 2017
Ishilove:

Lmao!!!

So where's my sack letter/notice?! cheesy cheesy

I'm here morning, afternoon and night, right? That means you're also here morning, afternoon and night for you to know I'm here morning, afternoon and night. grin

Go and find work and stop stalking me, you this jobless man!! Stalker!!

We're you not begging the Administrator to take you back and give you back your job/air supply.
Is that not why you still hang around morning afternoon and night hopping and hopping that he will take you back ?
Continue to wallow in your vomit and keep hope that you will be re employed.
My sincere advise honey is that you get a regular 9-5 like the rest of humanity.
Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Ishilove: 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2017
Dantedasz:

We're you not begging the Administrator to take you back and give you back your job/air supply.
Is that not why you still hang around morning afternoon and night hopping and hopping that he will take you back ?
My sincere advise honey is that you get a regular 9-5 like the rest of humanity.
Good luck.
I see you deliberately ignored my question. Where is the sack notice? cheesy cheesy

Stop stalking me!! Stalker!!! Get away from me oooooo!!! Go and get a life!!
Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Dantedasz(m): 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2017
Ishilove:

I see you deliberately ignored my question. Where is the sack notice? cheesy cheesy

Stop stalking me!! Stalker!!! Get away from me oooooo!!! Go and get a life!!

Actually the question is-"Are you still a moderator?"
The answer is-"NO!"
You were sacked! Whether verbal or written,You were sacked for your incompetence and inability to realise you were a mere employee and not the owner of the forum.
Get a job. Nairaland is not the only job in the world. shocked
Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Ishilove: 6:36pm On Aug 12, 2017
Dantedasz:

Actually the question is-"Are you still a moderator?"
The answer is-"NO!"
You were sacked! Whether verbal or written,You were sacked for your incompetence and inability to realise you were a mere employee and not the owner of the forum.
Get a job. Nairaland is not the only job in the world. shocked
Ehen! Are you serious?! shocked

1 Like

Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Ishilove: 6:37pm On Aug 12, 2017
The way this Nigga is screaming about my so-called sack has shown he is beyond jobless. He was even there when I was being 'sacked'

Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Dahustler007(m): 8:24pm On Aug 12, 2017
spacetacular:
Many Christians who are opponents of exercise readily quote the scripture that says "FOR BODILY EXERCISE PROFITS LITTLE BUT GODLINESS IS PROFITABLE UNTO ALL THINGS" (1 Timothy 4:8 )

But we need to remember that this was written in the time when people walked anywhere from 16 to 32 kilometres or more a day. It is estimated that Jesus walked over 33000 kilometres during his thirty three years of life, when we consider His trips from Nazareth to Jerusalem at least three times a year to attend the feasts. If you and I were walking this much, additional exercise would profit little, but most of us are not.

So lets look at how to stay fit even as you serve God and go about your business.

Exercising regularly is one of the greatest weapons we have in our war against disease. It decreases the risk of a heart attack in both men and women by approximately 50 percent. Exercise on a regular basis also decreases the risk of developing cancer of the colon, prostrate, breasts and ovaries. Additionally it will significantly decrease the risk of developing Type II diabetes. Regular exercise promotes weight loss, decreases stress and anxiety, tones the muscles, prevents blood clots, lowers blood pressure, decreases the appetite and promotes restful sleep.

Aerobic exercise which means "exercise with Oxygen", is actually the best form of exercise we can do because it increases the heart rate over a sustained period of time. Forms of aerobic exercise include brisk walking, cycling, swimming, aerobic dancing and rowing. Calisthenics and weight lifting are also very good for toning and strengthening the muscles as well as preventing osteoporosis.

In order to make the most of your exercise, conditioning the heart and burning the most fat, you need to determine your training heart rate. This is done by subtracting your age from 220 and then multiply that number by 65 percent. This gives you your minimum training heart rate. Your maximum training heart rate is found by multiplying the difference of your age and 220 by 80 percent. Let me give you an example.

A forty year old woman would simply subtract 40 from 220, which would equal 180. Then she would multiply 180 by .65 (which is 65 percent in decimal format) to get her minimum training heart rate of 117. Her maximum heart rate is found by multiplying 180 by .80 which is 144. Therefore her training heart rate range would be between 117 and 144.

I recommend you begin exercising at your minimum training heart rate for about 20 minutes. In the 40 year old woman's case this would be around 117 beats per minute. Eventually you may be able to work up to 45 minutes three to four times a week. To measure your heartbeat, you can purchase a heart rate monitor or for those who cannot afford one then by simply walking fast enough so that you are not able to sing yet slow enough so that you can talk. If you are able to sing then you are walking too slow and you will not get the cardiovascular fitness or the fat burning effects from the exercise.

I therefore encourage you to take an example from Jesus and start doing some walking. Not only will you feel better, look better and have more energy, but you will also reduce your risk of heart disease, cancer and diabetes. And remember, before beginning an exercise program, I strongly suggest that you be evaluated by your physician.

If you develop chest pain any time you are exercising, you should seek medical attention immediately.

God keep you safe.

Yeah!! I'd really enjoy the Post keep it up
Got my eyes on your posts from now
#BlessedUp
Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by JackBizzle: 9:36am On Aug 13, 2017
Dantedasz:

Good luck.

Haha. Take it easy on ishilove abeg. She is trying to turn a new leaf. She doesn't go around fighting anymore.

I'm proud of her now. She is calmer now. I think the fall from Grace due to the sacking and the complete exposure of her agbero-ish behaviour humbled her. I also think that age is not on her side, so she needs to be calm for Mr right to come.

3 Likes

Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Dantedasz(m): 9:53am On Aug 13, 2017
JackBizzle:

Haha. Take it easy on ishilove abeg. She is trying to turn a new leaf. She doesn't go around fighting anymore.

I'm proud of her now. She is calmer now. I think the fall from Grace due to the sacking and the complete exposure of her agbero-ish behaviour humbled her. I also think that age is not on her side, so she needs to be calm for Mr right to come.

No man can accommodate that woman under his roof.
Iyawo nylon bag. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by JackBizzle: 11:57am On Aug 13, 2017
Dantedasz:

No man can accommodate that woman under his roof.
Iyawo nylon bag. cool

She can change naaa.

grin she used to fight every other day. Now she is calm
Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Dantedasz(m): 12:32pm On Aug 13, 2017
JackBizzle:

She can change naaa.

grin she used to fight every other day. Now she is calm

Naa lie.
She is like a dried and roasted fish that can no longer be bent.
Any man who accommodates her under his roof will just develop blood pressure.
Naa iya ndagbe go fit her pass.
Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by JackBizzle: 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2017
Dantedasz:

Naa lie.

Lmao
Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by JackBizzle: 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2017
Dantedasz:

Naa lie.

Lol.....u savage
Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Dantedasz(m): 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2017
JackBizzle:

Lol.....u savage

Watch her start crying for the mods to save her like the coward she is...
Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by 701ecilana: 5:13pm On Aug 13, 2017
Ishilove:

Hahahahahahahahaha. O my God

1 Like

Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Ishilove: 5:32pm On Aug 13, 2017
701ecilana:

Hahahahahahahahaha. O my God
I bow o. Mscheeew
Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by 701ecilana: 6:00pm On Aug 13, 2017
Ishilove, you've got so many bitter kids fixated by you on this forum. It's been 2yrs you cease from being a Mod, yet they can't get over it. They still wail as if it was yesterday. Even people who got sacked by Shell see space faint and recover. Hmmmmm
You go don show dem sheyghe.
Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by 701ecilana: 6:06pm On Aug 13, 2017
Ishilove:

I bow o. Mscheeew
Funny enough they are crying for the job loss more than you who lost it. How is it even a job?

It's been two years, but the way they go about it, anyone joining NL today wld think you stopped being a MOd last night.

I hope it was worth the while. Asin, you show them pepe cheesy
Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Ishilove: 6:10pm On Aug 13, 2017
701ecilana:
Ishilove, you've got so many bitter kids fixated by you on this forum. It's been 2yrs you cease from being a Mod, yet they can't get over it. They still wail as if it was yesterday. Even people who got sacked by Shell see space faint and recover. Hmmmmm
You go don show dem sheyghe.
My sister, I showed them shege na, which is why they are still smarting in pain years on. Even when the forum owner came out to tell them I walked away from the job, they try to make themselves feel better by insisting to themselves I was 'sacked'.

Let them continue obssessing over me while I use them to amuse myself

Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by Ishilove: 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2017
701ecilana:

Funny enough they are crying for the job loss more than you who lost it. How is it even a job?

It's been two years, but the way they go about it, anyone joining NL today wld think you stopped being a MOd last night.

I hope it was worth the while. Asin, you show them pepe cheesy
Sis, if they are still crying after two years then it means I did my job fantastically well cheesy

Yeah, it was an experience but definitely not what I'd take on again
Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by 701ecilana: 6:18pm On Aug 13, 2017
Ishilove:

Sis, if they are still crying after two years then it means I did my job fantastically well cheesy

Yeah, it was an experience but definitely not what I'd take on again
So, let them wail.
Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by 701ecilana: 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2017
Ishilove:

My sister, I showed them shege na, which is why they are still smarting in pain years on. Even when the forum owner came out to tell them I walked away from the job, they try to make themselves feel better by insisting to themselves I was 'sacked'.

They are really bitter o. Am glad it amuses you.

1 Like

Re: Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. by 701ecilana: 6:20pm On Aug 13, 2017
Ishilove:

They are really bitter o. Am glad it amuses you.

Kids with smarphones everywhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

31st Night With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Happy Birthday To Pastor Anita / Which Light Did God Create On The First Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.