Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps (40093 Views)

Buhari Rejects Nigerian Peace Corps Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by Habeyy(m): 10:53pm On Jul 25, 2017
LOVEGINO:
nope. We need duplication of terrorism agencies.
grin best reply ever

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by Winning123: 10:54pm On Jul 25, 2017
Idiot. You are the bastard
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by truereligion999: 10:56pm On Jul 25, 2017
Most people are where they are today because they do not have the courage to do what their mates do to be wealthy. Knowledge is wealth, Be wise The Great Indian Temple Of Riches do not take life to grant wealth or any wish of mankind. Many you see today in big houses, cars, Politics, Big businesses are all made what they are today by TRUE RELIGION. Seek from us with your material sacrifice and you will be happy and wealthy forever. We can help you solve any thing that is bothering you in life...

The spells that we do involve healing, love, harmony, wealth, wisdom, prosperity, elevation in any positions and creativity. Instant Invocation Of Money. The potions that we stir might be a headache remedy, a cold tonic, money spell, friendship oil, love casts, or an herbal flea bath for our pets. We strive to gain knowledge and use the natural remedies to solve all earthly problems.

I conjure, invoke, summon, predict, and heal whatever sickness without mistakes or repetitions. I also render divine advise in Business or any area that is of your interest that is confusing you.

Contact us on: +2348025370154,WhatsApp us on same number or Email us on truereligion0999@gmail.com.....

TRUE RELIGION INNER TEMPLE is here to help everybody no matter how your situation may be, once you call on us we will stand for you and fight for you, we have helped a lot of people from all over the world. Places like Ghana. Nigeria.south Africa and lots more, any one who has problem and keep to his or her self should be ready to face death and poverty forever and anyone who has problem and call on us should be ready to enjoy life in abundance and be free forever we don't stain our selves with blood but we use natural materials and animals to perform our sacrifices and not with human blood. Before the cold water will boil it will go through heat and before the gold will glitter it will go through fire and also before you can bend iron it will go through heat.

No matter how the condition is to you just choose to be part of us and enjoy life eternaly. Come and be free for ever......
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by Actuarydeji(m): 11:58pm On Jul 25, 2017
Am just speechless but my silence is embedded with enthusiasm. Read my lips and see praise and worship flowing. Thank God after pains and sever bruise sustained in the recruitment exercise.
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by checkoutdr(m): 12:57am On Jul 26, 2017
Sunymoore:
Another Avenue to bloat the system. We have the Police, Civil defence and now the peace corps. We have the FRSC, VIO and sort.. Why the duplication of Duty? Is better to absorb the competent ones to the police and use the resources to fund infrastructural development that will create more jobs and economic stability..

English
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by Nten: 1:00am On Jul 26, 2017
I am flabbergasted by some comments here. the government says they would create jobs because of the high rate of unemployment now the National assembly in its wisdom approved a bill for the establishment of an organization. instead of praising the government for towing a good direction some of you are castigating and talking balderdash. tomorrow these groups of disgruntled elements will be the once to start protesting,rallying because of unemployment. "they say government can't pay" then I ask are you the federal government didn't the senators, house of representatives members not know that the government don't have money before they approved it meanwhile some of the people antagonizing the move don't have jobs, then those that have are happy to see the unemployed roaming around engaging in criminal activities bah. if I hear Pim again ehn.... make saraki bang gavel for somebody head!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by checkoutdr(m): 1:17am On Jul 26, 2017
Away from all these ANTI-NPC comments, Abeg, I obtained the form and submitted, but was about paying the 40k when the trouble started, so I had to hold on, as 40k pass chicken change for me..
But with these current news, is it safe to pay now?

*pls, meaningful comments only, if u have nothing good to say, just scroll down"

Thanks
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by BetaThings: 4:06am On Jul 26, 2017
Nten:
I am flabbergasted by some comments here. the government says they would create jobs because of the high rate of unemployment now the National assembly in its wisdom

Not in wisdom but foolishness
Where will the salary come from?
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by BABATEE251(m): 5:12am On Jul 26, 2017
why is it a trash all fingers are not equal and one man poison is another meat,in this life we have different choice &likes .all people don't dream to work in oil company or banking industry .one man poison is another's man meat.Please for God sake ,give us 10 good &reasonable reasons why you called it a trash with evidence and constitution guide
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by BABATEE251(m): 5:16am On Jul 26, 2017
[quote author=BABATEE251 post=58835627]why is it a trash all fingers are not equal and one man poison is another man meat,in this life we have different choice &likes .all people don't dream to work in oil company or banking industry.......Please for God sake ,give us 10 good &reasonable reasons why you called it a trash with evidence and constitution guide
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by IdeyFindWife: 6:22am On Jul 26, 2017
Sunymoore:
Another Avenue to bloat the system. We have the Police, Civil defence and now the peace corps. We have the FRSC, VIO and sort.. Why the duplication of Duty? Is better to absorb the competent ones to the police and use the resources to fund infrastructural development that will create more jobs and economic stability..

The same senate that is been secretly lobbied to considered converting absorption of NSCDC into State Policing framework despite their not being trained and equipped for it; why are these Senators these confused?
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by OlaRolls(m): 7:29am On Jul 26, 2017
Massive Global Food Network is zealously promoting the mechanism of making life better for everyone.
One time payment of #5600 makes you a beneficiary of weekly food stuffs, and incentives like cash bonus deep freezer, motorcycle, executive car, etc.
There is more to hear in this business if you pay attention to details.
Chat me up= Olarolls 080372 72006

See you at the top.
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by Heromaniaa: 7:47am On Jul 26, 2017
eazisky:

olodo
u don't take time to know what is happening around u, yet u act like Thomas even when d news is all over
mo.ron. Can you outline the findings of your research? With dwindling oil fortune and rising standard of living you'd think the fed govt would assent to overburdening itself with extra workforce, especially as it appears that there are multiple agencies that exist to carry out same function? It is your misery, I have no doubt, that has made you grab at straws. Olodo
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by Darlington120(m): 8:45am On Jul 26, 2017
God is really doing wonders, as if dey were waiting fr me to round up with my education, bring it on, let me go and get my uniform and my jungle boot Nigeria here we com.
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by facelessangel: 10:14am On Jul 26, 2017
jiangchu:
our national budget is being consumed by 70% recurrent expenditure.
government is findung it difficult to pay salary talkless of pension.

this block head at the senate are adding to the bill.
to all government worker be ready for incessant picket throughout your career. cos we all in for a big shitt. crude oil prices is crumbling world wide as america aims to be the world 3rd largest exporter by 2020.
he who have ears let him hear.
they are creating jobs
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by Degift: 10:36am On Jul 26, 2017
checkoutdr:
Away from all these ANTI-NPC comments, Abeg, I obtained the form and submitted, but was about paying the 40k when the trouble started, so I had to hold on, as 40k pass chicken change for me..

*pls, meaningful comments only, if u have nothing good to say, just scroll down"

Thanks
IT IS CRIMINAL FOR ANYONE AT THIS TINE TO PAY OR COLLECT MONEY IN THE NAME OF NPC. THAT IS A LESSON FOR YOU AND OTHERS TO RESEARCH ANY INFORMATION AND GET THE TRUTH INSTEAD OF COMING TO NAIRALAND AND BE LISTENING TO DOUBTONG THOMASs AND THOSE ARE STILL NAIVE ABOUT LIFE ISSUES. BETTER STILL, WAIT TILL FG WILL RECRUIT INTO PEACE CORPS AFTER SOME YEARS IF YOU WILL BE MORE THAN 35 BY THEN.

40K WAS WHAT OFFICERS HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR GETTING UNIFORMS, VEST BERETS, TRAINING ACCOMMODATION FOR 4 WEEKS INTO THE NGO( PCN) SINCE LIKE YEAR 2010 AND NOT FOR EMPLOYMENT INTO FG. SERVICE BUT IT WILL NOW BEFORE FG JOBS WITHIN THE NEXT 30 DAYS WHEN THE PRESIDENCY SIGNS TO ADOPT FORMER NGO TO A FG-PARAMILITARY ORGANISATION. MARK THIS VERY WELL; PEACE CORPS WILL BE THE BEST UNIFORM PARAMILITARY AGENCY EVER.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by jacyhelen(f): 1:06pm On Jul 26, 2017
olumbateey:
The Aims and Objectives of Peace Corps are as follows:
(a) Promote Social and Economic Development by involving Members and Volunteers in the scheme through working with Government, Schools, Non-Profit Organizations, Non-Governmental Organizations, etc. in order to preoccupy the youths;

(b) To empower and pre-occupy Nigerian Youths through job creation and provision of alternative employment;

(c) Training Nigerian Youths with good virtuous, strong passion and commitment to the art of Patriotism, Volunteerism Community Services and Nation Building;

(d) To train and equip the Youths with knowledge for Peace Education, Conflict Resolution, Mediation, Reconciliation and Confidence Building;

(e) To give distinct orientation to the Youths and engage them in the provision of essential services such as:

(i) Involving members of the Peace Corps in Community Services such as Immunization, Census and Sanitation Exercises, especially in urban cities, States and Local Government Capitals;

(ii) Provision of Refuse Bins, Waste Baskets, and Handy Waste Bags in public buildings, buses and schools in order to obliterate littered materials;

(iii) Assisting in planting of Economic trees and all forms of environmental conservation.

(iv) Involve members and Volunteers of the Peace Corps in crowd control during public events and in neighborhood watch in order to curb insecurity within the community.

(f) Create a Data Bank and reservoir of trained, qualified professionals and non-professional youths for easy accessibility of manpower from the pool of well-groomed youths whenever the Nation needs their services for either permanent employment or ad-hoc manpower for such national or international programmes as Emergency Relief Services, Voters’ Registration, Election Exercise , etc.

(g) Provide security for all Educational Institutions and checking all forms of examination malpractices and other vices prevalent in Schools and Colleges in order to create a conducive atmosphere for learning. To achieve these, the Peace Corps shall:

(i) Establish Peace Corps Club in Schools and Colleges and involving members of the club in the promotion of internal understanding, Peace Education, Conflict Management and Transformation;

(ii) Maintain surveillance on students organizing secrete societies; identify their members, associates, modus operandi and to make such discoveries known to the appropriate authorities;

(iii) Assist the school authority in the maintenance and enforcement of School Rules and Regulations;

(iv) Detect any plot to vandalize valuable properties of the school or college or any form of dissident act of rioting by students or intruders in order to promote internal peace and security;

(v) Organize Holiday Camps for students where they would be involved in less academic work, but more of games, creative work, martial art, citizenship and leadership training, as well as other extra-curricular programmes and;

(vi) Organize special conferences, seminars and workshops in order to equip the Nigerian youths in Leadership Building Mechanism, so as to prepare them both mentally, morally and physically for their future leadership roles.

(h) Assist in youth developmental activities, Empowerment and Capacity Building for youth Creativity and Innovations, such as:

(i) Identify tools, techniques and the process of critical thinking, creativity, innovation and discovery to facilitate problem solving;

(ii) Initiate and involving the youths in Humanitarian Services in Nigeria and around the world in order to aid transfer of knowledge and Technology;

(iii) Helping the People of interested countries in meeting their needs for training young Men and Women and to promote a better understanding of Nigerians on the parts of the peoples served;

(iv) Serve as Orderlies to members of the Executives, Parliament, Judiciary and Traditional Rulers that are not covered by existing Security Agencies;

(v) Engage Members as Tourists Assistants and Guide to Nigerian and foreigners on visit to the Country, Tourists Sites and other National and State Monuments and Heritage;

(vi) Creation and Management of Public Toilets on highways, including enlightenment against defecation in public places, Recreational Centers, Tourist Sites, etc.; and

(vii) To check all Forms of Examination Malpractices as may be perpetrated by students, invigilators, teachers, lecturers, and other educational staff.

weldone for this...
My question is this:Who is now the CG??..Peace corps has 2 fractions,Chinedu Nnaji and Akoh
Which person fraction is the legal
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by jacyhelen(f): 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2017
My question is this:Who is now the CG??..Peace corps has 2 fractions,Chinedu Nnaji and Akoh
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by olumbateey(m): 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
jacyhelen:
The one led by Chinedu Nnaji is the Nigerian Unity and Peace Corps, and it is not recognized by the National Assembly. Therefore, the Akoh faction is the authentic Nigerian Peace Corps, hence, he is the substantive CG

3 Likes

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by obinna002: 1:55pm On Jul 26, 2017
Don't mind those Foooooolsss
Nten:
I am flabbergasted by some comments here. the government says they would create jobs because of the high rate of unemployment now the National assembly in its wisdom approved a bill for the establishment of an organization. instead of praising the government for towing a good direction some of you are castigating and talking balderdash. tomorrow these groups of disgruntled elements will be the once to start protesting,rallying because of unemployment. "they say government can't pay" then I ask are you the federal government didn't the senators, house of representatives members not know that the government don't have money before they approved it meanwhile some of the people antagonizing the move don't have jobs, then those that have are happy to see the unemployed roaming around engaging in criminal activities bah. if I hear Pim again ehn.... make saraki bang gavel for somebody head!!!
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by obinna002: 1:57pm On Jul 26, 2017
Is too late
checkoutdr:

Thanks
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by jiangchu: 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2017
facelessangel:
they are creating jobs

jobs that will be a liability to the nation.
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by Nten: 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2017
BetaThings:

Not in wisdom but foolishness Where will the salary come from?
The one's being paid recurrently where is it coming from?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by Ojonetesy: 8:38pm On Jul 27, 2017
Na so some of una wailed during civil defence era, later una go dey use money dey buy the job.
Make una dey there the ask how government go dey pay Peace corps salary. Na una know pass government na. Such question was asked by una before, sote na civil defence come dey collect salary past other para-military.
Make una sidon there dey observe country economy, make una no follow people do something to help una life and family.
U guys prefer money to be stock in soak-aways, farm lands, GP tanks, graves, and Ikeja buildings etc, than for government to help the unemployed youths from the streets abi? Who una dey help
How many of una family members una dey sponsor for school or even dey dash money? Abeg,make una carry una bad belle habit comot from here. Make una sidon there dey hate the senate and reps for their decision,no go hustle for national cake.
Peace corps have come to stay.
If president no assent to it, 2/3 of the senate votes can assent to it. That's the law.
So, make una relax. Una opinion no count. Una just dey make noise here.
Congrat to the nigeria peace corpers.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by eazisky(m): 9:50pm On Jul 29, 2017
Heromaniaa:
mo.ron. Can you outline the findings of your research? With dwindling oil fortune and rising standard of living you'd think the fed govt would assent to overburdening itself with extra workforce, especially as it appears that there are multiple agencies that exist to carry out same function? It is your misery, I have no doubt, that has made you grab at straws. Olodo

i can see how bittered u are just bkos the bill was considered, it has been your prayer for the bill not to get to this level but God has always put u to shame..
. i xpect to see u commit suicide when the bill is assent....
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by eazisky(m): 9:55pm On Jul 29, 2017
Ojonetesy:
Na so some of una wailed during civil defence era, later una go dey use money dey buy the job.
Make una dey there the ask how government go dey pay Peace corps salary. Na una know pass government na. Such question was asked by una before, sote na civil defence come dey collect salary past other para-military.
Make una sidon there dey observe country economy, make una no follow people do something to help una life and family.
U guys prefer money to be stock in soak-aways, farm lands, GP tanks, graves, and Ikeja buildings etc, than for government to help the unemployed youths from the streets abi? Who una dey help
How many of una family members una dey sponsor for school or even dey dash money? Abeg,make una carry una bad belle habit comot from here. Make una sidon there dey hate the senate and reps for their decision,no go hustle for national cake.
If president no assent to it, 2/3 of the senate votes can assent to it. That's the law.

from your write up i can see u are a patriot, nice meeting u... allow the bad belle ppl to die in peace

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by Habeyy(m): 10:24pm On Jul 29, 2017
Ojonetesy:
God bless you
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps by yassjib: 11:23pm On Aug 01, 2017
checkoutdr:

Thanks
It's not safe to pay now because all officers names has been enrolled already unless if you wants to risk your 40k...tnx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives / Tension In Tinubu Camp As Oyegun Says Only ‘youthful Aspirants’ Are Cleared / Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.