Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Union Bank Re-strategizes...makes Wider Reach, Targets Younger Customers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Union Bank Re-strategizes...makes Wider Reach, Targets Younger Customers (454 Views)

The Cobra My Younger Brother Killed In Our Village (Photos) / Help Needed: I Had Sex With My Girl And She Was Wider / The Massacre Of Some Hausa In Ile Efe Have Received Wider Out Cry And Publicatio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Union Bank Re-strategizes...makes Wider Reach, Targets Younger Customers by Airwavereport: 5:57pm On Jul 25, 2017
It was one of the toasts of the banking sector in the 70s to the 90s. And then other banks joined the fray. With technological innovation beckoning and the face of banking rapidly changing in the 21st century, banks had to reposition to attract more customers and retain the old ones.

Union Bank, led by its leadership and CEO, Mr Emeka Emuwa, has witnessed great and tremendous transformation from changing its brand icon and investing in online banking among other things. For a bank that has been perceived as a bank for the elderly, civil servants and traders, Union Bank, under the new management, has been able to penetrate every segment of the money market. Their old mantra, 'Big, Strong, and Reliable' had been re-jigged to 'Building Simpler, Smarter Bank'. The rebranding exercise has attracted the youth and upwardly mobile customers in an era, where digital banking is now the order of the day. Staying relevant by providing simple and smart banking solutions to all its customers, the apex bank strategic focus, the lender has refurbished over 50 branches across the country and upgraded its network for seamless online real-time banking experience.

This is being reflected in the bank’s current rating and profitability. In discharging its banking services, Union Bank has intensified efforts to ensure that its customers enjoy convenient electronic banking channels and products, including online banking, mobile banking, bank cards, ATMs and PoS systems. Some of the clients that have experienced their services recently, an entrepreneur, Dickson, from Abuja, noted that Union Bank online banking is now seamless and you hardly experience network glitches, as it is common place with other banks.

Customers can now enjoy more as the bank is ever poised to continually deploy simpler and smarter banking products and services across the country. In financing Small, Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in Nigeria, Union Bank has been at the forefront of supporting SMEs in Nigeria. The bank is now fully committed to supporting small and growing businesses through its e-business solutions and loan products. With over 700 dispensing ATM machines, Union Bank is available to meet the needs of SMEs around the country. Some of the services under the Union e-business solutions and loans services include , POS terminal services, online banking, mobile banking, short and medium project loans with adequate moratorium for the development of Land & Factory buildings, bulk stocking of goods and raw materials. Front line business-inclined newspaper, Business Day adjudged Union Bank the ‘best bank to support small, medium scale enterprises (SMEs)’ during the annual banking award organized by Business Day Newspapers in Lagos. In 2014, the bank was given the CBN’s Best-Support Bank on ACGSF (Agricultural Credit Guarantee Scheme for Farmers) award for the 8th consecutive year.

The bank has an array of customer friendly products that helped in building solid brand equity. Innovative products like: UnionKorrect and UnionGoal, saving account products have been celebrated by customers across Nigeria. Another innovative service of the bank is the MoneyGram naija, a platform where customers can send money from Nigeria to friends or family members abroad. Some of the Awards and Recognitions that Union Bank is proud of are: Best Brand Development To Reflect Changed Mission/Vision/Positioning (2016), Best Visual Identity From The Financial Services (2016), Best Bank to Support Small, Medium Scale Enterprises (2015), Web Jurist: Best in Aesthetics (Banking Category) (2014) and Commerzbank AG Trade Award for Excellent partnership for the year 2014. Indeed the Emeka Emuwa-led management of the bank is not resting on its oars as they aim to be the premium bank of repute offering products that afford customers the best banking experience.

Source-
http://airwavesreport.com/index.php/business/item/975-union-bank-re-strategizes-makes-wider-reach-targets-younger-customers

Re: Union Bank Re-strategizes...makes Wider Reach, Targets Younger Customers by ardeneeran(m): 11:49am On Jul 26, 2017
Lol...the deadest bank on the planet. Bank that refuses to pay Pension to customers 3 days after the money has been sent..Which life loving young soul will bank with such a dying old horse?
Re: Union Bank Re-strategizes...makes Wider Reach, Targets Younger Customers by Rasheedinho3(m): 12:33pm On Jul 26, 2017
ardeneeran:
Lol...the deadest bank on the planet. Bank that refuses to pay Pension to customers 3 days after the money has been sent..Which life loving young soul will bank with such a dying old horse?

I see you've a bad encounter with the bank...
Re: Union Bank Re-strategizes...makes Wider Reach, Targets Younger Customers by ardeneeran(m): 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
Rasheedinho3:

I see you've a bad encounter with the bank...

My parents have...not more than once. One complain after another. .still complained to me today over the phone
Re: Union Bank Re-strategizes...makes Wider Reach, Targets Younger Customers by Rasheedinho3(m): 8:33am On Jul 27, 2017
ardeneeran:

My parents have...not more than once. One complain after another. .still complained to me today over the phone

I'm sorry about you parent's case bro, its one of those things...
The secret is not to expect anything above average from those banks, so as to avoid disappointment when it finally comes (trust me, it comes sooner or later).

(1) (Reply)

Rv Travel Trailers/trailer-type Recreational Vehicle / Arrest Nnamdi Kanu Protest Hits Abuja (photos) / Ibadan New Kings Distance Themselves From Ladoja’s Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.