Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

The Devil Wears Okrika - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil Wears Okrika (626175 Views)

The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon / A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / The Devil In The Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by rosalieene(f): 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2017
yawa don gas for Osi grin

souloho19, this your story got me so glued. I can't believe that instead of me to continue reading for my M. Sc exams slated for tomorrow, am here reading "The devil wears okrika"

This is one of the best stories I have read so far.

souloho19 you are just so gifted with writing.

God bless ur hands :

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Osman1996(m): 4:15pm On Aug 23, 2017
Thumb up bro
Steve home! yawa don gas
still i follow!

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by nawtielizzie(f): 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2017
This last update gave me goosebumps���

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by OGMEEKZY07(m): 5:45pm On Aug 23, 2017
i neva wnted to say dis buh dis story is.......................

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Frankenstein: 6:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
Souloho19, master of suspense! The last update was topnotch. Literary prowess at its best!

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by khennykhay(m): 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2017
Nairaland best writter is here again, souloho u are one in a million, bt d suspense dey kill person o.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Tolezy001(m): 7:31pm On Aug 23, 2017
Soul did u know dat suspense causes high blood pressure. pls dont give ur readers hbp o.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by bakeuhappy: 8:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
I comment my reserve. grin nice update

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by YourRadiance(m): 9:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
Following.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by tzminaj(f): 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2017
chaiii..see as I dey fear for osi,the suspense na die

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by cyber5(m): 10:51pm On Aug 23, 2017
Viewing this topic: ADECULATE(f), richiearmany14, OGMEEKZY07(m), PoliticalThuG(m)

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by costal(m): 8:57am On Aug 24, 2017
Baba u too much I swear
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by OGMEEKZY07(m): 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2017
OGMEEKZY07:
i neva wnted to say dis buh dis story is.......................
thrillin
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by ADECULATE(f): 12:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
Yawa don gas ooo, haaaaa Osi, so u went ahead nd welcome d devil himself in his lair, wat to do na ooo

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 1:46pm On Aug 24, 2017
heemah:
Hmmmmmmmnnn. Wahala don wear cover shoe....

Lol...with shirt and tie join

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2017
Osman1996:
Thumb up bro

Steve home! yawa don gas

still i follow!

Thanks bro
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 1:49pm On Aug 24, 2017
rosalieene:
yawa don gas for Osi grin

souloho19, this your story got me so glued. I can't believe that instead of me to continue reading for my M. Sc exams slated for tomorrow, am here reading "The devil wears okrika"

This is one of the best stories I have read so far.

souloho19 you are just so gifted with writing.

God bless ur hands :

grin don't worry..I'm sure you killed the exams..pls do come back to revise the devil wears okrika...thanks for your comment Jah bless you
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
nawtielizzie:
This last update gave me goosebumps���

The next update would reduce it don't worry....a Lil bit at least..gracias une' coomente'
Jah bless

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2017
Frankenstein:
Souloho19, master of suspense! The last update was topnotch. Literary prowess at its best!

Thanks bro..I'm counting on your watchfuleyes... Remain vblessed
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 1:54pm On Aug 24, 2017
YourRadiance:
Please I'm in the final stage of seun osewa flash fiction and need your votes to help me win. LIKE AND SHARE the story as you are entitled to two votes. Follow this link to my story titled BEGINNING'S END and it's a six words story

https://www.nairaland.com/3919666/seun-osewa-battle-moderator-judges/4#59755653

Bleeze2 hamzatseyi sentaljohn Samexdx sKeetz ADECULATE

Good luck bro
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 1:56pm On Aug 24, 2017
khennykhay:
Nairaland best writter is here again, souloho u are one in a million, bt d suspense dey kill person o.

Kai...boss mi..I never reach yet na..thanks anyway..but do you know a healthy doze of suspense is very healthy grin
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 1:57pm On Aug 24, 2017
OGMEEKZY07:
thrillin

Lol...thanks ma guy
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2017
sussybae:
ghost reader mode deactivated...
I can't wait to know the end of this story,the suspense is killing

Thanks for deactivating...Jah bless you...please remain in your physical form o smiley
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2017
Mightyfortress tenniebae officialflex damibiz boldandbeautiful sleekhoyen cyber5 castleberry Rachaelfst bleeze2 tillaman bakeuhappy meneski tolezy001 costal adeculate tzminaj.....
Thanks for your comments...pls fasten your seatbelts as the update lands

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Damibiz(m): 2:07pm On Aug 24, 2017
My guy Na here Damibiz the sleep nw way ASUU go strick,keep dropping them i'm with u

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by ADECULATE(f): 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2017
souloho19:
Mightyfortress tenniebae officialflex damibiz boldandbeautiful sleekhoyen cyber5 castleberry Rachaelfst bleeze2 tillaman bakeuhappy meneski tolezy001 costal adeculate tzminaj.....
yaaaaaaga seat belt fastened securely nd tightly 4 a super update bt in d mean time, pastor osi, u re covered by d bloood of amara. Lol

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by go4success(f): 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2017
souloho19:
You're doing a great job. I love the story.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2017
Steve seemed to be whistling to the soundtrack to the young and the restless.
Osi looked round, turning like a drunkard.

Nowhere to hide! There wasn't enough furniture, no corner he could lay low and pray to sneak out...
No time to squeeze through the toilet window again..or was there..?
Nope...the door knob was already turning..

So instead he squeezed the letter into his pocket and leaned on the wall, trying to look as innocent as possible.

Or maybe he should sit on the couch....cross his legs or fold his arms...or better still kneel down and pray...

The door opened(silencing his thoughts) and the European marched in. He was dressed in shorts and an armless sport shirt. From the look of things he had gone jogging.

He didn't see Osi at first, he entered and locked the door, whistling merrily. It wasn't until he turned that he almost jumped out of his skin.
"Jumping Jellyfish!!!!"

Osi smiled and straightened. "Welcome Steve..I've been waiting for you" he stretched out his hand hoping his smile wouldn't waver or his eyes shake. He had no idea what he was doing.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Stevenson thundered. He didn't sound polite anymore he sounded shocked and yes...he sounded angry.
"I know you're surprised to see me-"
"How did you get in here?!!!" His pale white skin was red with anger and Osi almostbegan to get scared.

"Let me explain..." He sounded rather weak. He wondered if he should withdraw his hand which was still hanging.
"I woke up with a clear instruction in my spirit..to share a prayer with you.." may God forgive me(he thought to himself)

Stevenson dropped his trainers on the floor. He had taken it off obviously not wanting to leave a mess on his gleaming tiles.
He looked down at the mess now (the sand from underneath the sole) and his eyes held fire when he looked up "you want to say a word of prayer and you break into my home? That's an offence!" He moved closer...just a threatening step and Osi hated himself for flinching backwards. He was not a fighter, and the European looked like he could easily snap him into two.

By this time Osi had thought it wise to withdraw his hand. "You'll have to forgive me..but the conviction in my heart was what pushed my actions.."
"It doesn't make sense...if you wanted to pray for me and you knew I wasn't home why break into my house. I'd ask you again..what the hell are you doing here and how did you get in?!"
His eyes darted past Osi to his bedroom. "You've been snooping around haven't you?"

Osi followed his eyes.....the notepad had been dropped in a hurry on the center of the drawer.
"No sir...not snooping around..more like laying of hands..yes..I had the urge to touch some things while I prayed..for example laying hands on your notepad while praying for your increased knowledge and academic success..you see the relevance...because a lot of your academic work is done on that notepad."
He knew his excuse sucked and apparently the European thought so too because held Osi by the collar suddenly and pushed him roughly to the wall.
"You're lying to me..you came in through my restroom...now my question is why?" He spoke through clenched teeth and his eyes held fire in them.

Osi struggled to breathe..Steve really had large hands.
"I swear it..I was just doing my pastor duties..I'm sorry I crossed the line..it won't-"
The European increased the pressure and tightened his grip cutting off his wind.
"I don't know what you were looking for but I'd ask you...what did you find?"
"Cllllliiiiiii..." Osi made a choking noise as he struggled to speak. "N-o-o-thi--clllliii"
He felt like he was going to black out, the man's eyes were crimson, red with rage and red with craziness and just a little fear...
No the fear must have been through his own eyes.

Then just as immediately the European released him. "Well pastor...I really appreciate you coming to pray for me"
Osi fell to his knees as he held his throat, struggling to regain his breath.
"Sorry if I was a little rough on you before..it was just a big surprise seeing you here"
Osi looked up. Steve's eyes were clear and he even had a smile on his face.
"Don't be a cry baby...I'd have to fix my window after all"

Osi struggled to his feet. He didn't have the mind to ask the white man why the names of the deceased girls was written in his pad, didn't even have the mind to hint about the letter and watch his reaction....he had just one thought: This man was crazy....he needed to get out of here!

Stevenson slapped him on the back (a friendly gesture but with too much force)
"What are you still doing here?" He raised his eyebrows like he honestly couldn't understand "get out.."

Osi hurried out. He ran through the path, ran past the market square and didn't stop until he got to the house.
He was soaked with sweat and breathing like a mad beast when he burst through the kitchen door.

"There he is.." Bukky said pointing at him.
Pastor Bartholomew turned and saw him..
"Jesus! What happened..take it easy."
Osi stumbled through the kitchen to the parlour feeling dazed. He had just looked madness in the eyes and escaped. He felt dizzy from all the running and felt like he was experiencing a little sun stroke.
He fell to the ground before he could stop himself.

"Pastor...Oh lord! Pastor are you okay?!"
"Take it easy...bring water"
Gregory, Bukky and pastor Bartholomew all rushed to his side.

"I'm alright...I'm alright....I'm alright" That was all he could say as he stared at the spinning ceiling.

"There is our wonderful leader..up to his wiles again" deacon Oforbuike snickered from the dining table enjoying the scene as he demolished a bowl of cereal.

Osi struggled to a sitting posture. "I'm okay..I guess I ran too fast" he collected the glass of water gratefully from Ovie.

"What happened...I came to see you about the Sunday service in church...are you sure you're okay?" Pastor Bartholomew said worriedly.
"Pastor you scared me" Bukky added.

He couldn't reply. He drank the cold water almost emptying the contents with a single gulp. Gregory seemed to know what he needed. Because when a man fell down, what he needed immediately was to get back up.
He held his hand and helped him to his feet.

"Thanks..." Osi said thrusting the half glass of water at Ovie and touching his breast pocket.
"Shiit!" He exclaimed suddenly.
"Ah.Ah..why are you cursing?!"
"My God! Pastor what is wrong for God's sake?!"
His friends were appalled at his choice of word.

He smiled apologetically at the faces looking at him. "Sorry...nothing....everything is fine."
But everything wasn't fine...the letter was gone....it had disappeared! no wonder bastard Steve had brightened and let him go!
"Damn!" He swore angrily
"Jesus!"
"Pastor!!!!!"

Deacon Oforbuike laughed. For the first time he sounded really happy.
"Our leader is having a nervous breakdown...the pressure and responsibility have caved finally!"

°•°•°•
"Dad I'm really suspecting Paul...since he came back the killings have increased and I found out he has been staying really close all this while..meaning he could come and go as he pleased and he lied about it"

Her father looked up from his food and frowned. "Don't be ridiculous..Paul is a noble young man...the killer is Okudili, everybody knows that"
"But dad..." He groped me the other day...he knew Chinaza closer than he let on...and I'm very sure he was eavesdropping on Ezinne yesterday outside his own house.
They all sounded like guesses, like theories..they didn't hold any weight and she had promised Oluchi she wouldn't tell her father about the groping event.
So when her father looked up with an impatient look in his eye she sighed softly "you're right Dé...I'm sorry"

But she wasn't...she was going to expose him. She was going to find out whatever it was he was hiding. She made the promise to Ezinne's memory.

°•°•°•°•°

Meanwhile the devil smiled as he read the letter.
Foolish words he had written in the heat of passion...
Oh..what unbelievable luck that it would fall into his hands...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by rchilee: 2:42pm On Aug 24, 2017
Devil is Steveson?

No, might not

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Bleeze2: 2:43pm On Aug 24, 2017
@Souloho19, pls more, to compensate for yesterday wink

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Bleeze2: 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2017
It might not be stevenson, it might be d letter fell from his pocket on his way home. Or pastor bathelomew did some manipulation to extract it.
Anyways this is still keeping us on suspense

3 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by ADECULATE(f): 3:21pm On Aug 24, 2017
D killer is stevenson or dis is just anoda plot of d OP to spring oda suspense on us?. Anyways Weldone Op, great work u ve here

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (84) (Reply)

All In A Circle.....(A crime story) / Deceitful Couple / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.