Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

The Devil Wears Okrika - Literature (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil Wears Okrika (626178 Views)

The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon / A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / The Devil In The Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by meneski(m): 1:58pm On Sep 21, 2017
osi is dead! Accept it or...

Wtf! It can't be, he can't just die!
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by do4luv14(m): 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
meneski:
osi is dead! Accept it or..

Wtf! It can't be, he can't just die!
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by SleekHoyeen(f): 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
Abeg, how many people dey go Osi burial since Souloho wan show himself? Make we arrange bus undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by kayceerilyn(f): 2:33pm On Sep 21, 2017
Are we sure Souloho19 is alright We need to know if there's a problem please...
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by smileing: 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
SleekHoyeen:
Abeg, how many people dey go Osi burial since Souloho wan show himself? Make we arrange bus undecided

You are funny ma'am grin
Abeg our osi never die embarassed
Just that souloho19 is busy gathering the devil's okirika
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Maryclaire1(f): 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2017
Creeza:
the bolded is causing this wahalaa , that papa part need clarity. He shouldnt have added more characters except he intends to continue. Here or in a sequel.

Like in 'the auction' lleigh brought in new characters at the dire minute to determine Linda's fate. Even dominique criticized this attempt,

Thats why 'PLOTTING ' is always the best.

Mr soul oya twist the story. Do magic. I know you can. grin

ADECULATE . White and black? ELEYI gidi gaan grin add blue jack join.

Matrycx, bros thanks for reading ' when love dies' i miss those characters too.

Especially kate, who knows how many kids she has with Andy now? grin

ABEG , pardon me Mr Soulo19, dont mean to derail your thread. Na fried beans and kunu dae disturb me so. cheesy
my brother the wahala no be small one oooo...we were all use to the characters we have already, him adding will lengthy the story more cos we need know d new in put wella...and seriously I got no probs if he add make e no sha kill d guy that caught the devil who's wearing okirika........and come to think of it sef when sofiri said I shouldn't have welcomed him to my home it's as if he knows his brother is the devil all along.that needs clarifying too...Mr souloho19 abeg do justice to this beautiful piece of yours and no let me track u like strange eyes angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Creeza(m): 3:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
Maryclaire1:
my brother the wahala no be small one oooo...we were all use to the characters we have already, him adding will lengthy the story more cos we need know d new in put wella...and seriously I got no probs if he add make e no sha kill d guy that caught the devil who's wearing okirika........and come to think of it sef when sofiri said I shouldn't have welcomed him to my home it's as if he knows his brother is the devil all along.that needs clarifying too...Mr souloho19 abeg do justice to this beautiful piece of yours and no let me track u like strange eyes angry
lol , you and this your strange eyes. Iswell o grin

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Creeza(m): 3:49pm On Sep 21, 2017
SleekHoyeen:
lol grin OSI DON TURN star o.

Isorite! Just like lawyer Sly in bibijay123's ''Almost Perfect'

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Mrintegrity247: 3:50pm On Sep 21, 2017
Lol,born n bred in nigeria to die prematurely
ItsJezzy:
Nwa... Tho i startd readin this story late i dnt regret it one damn bit.. Suspense would hv choked me if i startd with many of you guys... Kudos to Souloho19 .. This is a master piece .. N by the way.. I know its hard for you all but Osi is dead n thats it... He didnt deserve this kind of death but i think this is a perfect scenario to explain why God made sure he was born and bred in Nigeria...
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Maryclaire1(f): 3:53pm On Sep 21, 2017
Creeza:
lol , you and this your strange eyes. Iswell o grin
cheesy he will understand...if u read his first story you should too smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Creeza(m): 4:08pm On Sep 21, 2017
Maryclaire1:
cheesy he will understand...if u read his first story you should too smiley
oh I didnt, to be honest, but I will try i promise. The author is gifted, a great story teller.

Me, am only a writer. grin I WRite as e dae my heart.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by ItsJezzy(m): 6:21pm On Sep 21, 2017
[center][/center]
Mrintegrity247:
Lol,born n bred in nigeria to die prematurely
grin grin grin
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by sheycrown(f): 7:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
Osi can't die joor, Actor no dey die for movie grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by SleekHoyeen(f): 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2017
smileing:

You are funny ma'am grin
Abeg our osi never die embarassed
Just that souloho19 is busy gathering the devil's okirika
Thanks my sister. Thanks for reassuring me that Souloho is only joking. That guy should be a comedian aside being a writer. Lol
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by SleekHoyeen(f): 8:10pm On Sep 21, 2017
Creeza:
lol grin OSI DON TURN star o.
Isorite! Just like lawyer Sly in bibijay123's ''Almost Perfect'
Loool. Yes o, Osi is our star here.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by renybenks(f): 8:45pm On Sep 21, 2017
this sillence has started putting ideas in my head o......... abi d devil af jump out of d story and carry souloho19 ni? abi Souloho19 has gone for Osi's burial arrangements ni? hmmmm Oga Souloho19 if nairaland had a space for our phone number u for Don get like one thousand one hundred and onety one missed calls from only me o
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by donblazer10(m): 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2017
I tout this guy said he ws gonna update soon...
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by inkdbetty(f): 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
Saving my talk for when he updates. sad
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2017
Osi was in a strange room. He opened his eyes and shut it immediately. The light was blinding, soo bright it hurt his eyes.
He opened one eye gently and studied the room. It was strange but there wasn't any window, just a room with four corner walls. At the end of the wall, was a small door. It was open.
He opened his eyes fully and swung down from the bed.

The corridor was brighter than the room and he didn't know if it was out of curiosity but he suddenly had a strong urge to explore.

The corridor was a long one, it seemed unending and Osi walked down the straight path.
"Hello...hello...is anybody there?"
There was no reply.
It seemed he was the only one in this place.
Whatever 'this place' was.

Finally after walking for what felt like hours he saw another door few feet ahead.
The room seemed to be the source of the bright light that filled the corridor and without being aware he took a step forward.

°•°•°•°
Doctor Ambrose patted Amara on the back as she sunk to the ground.
"I'm very sorry...he just lost too much blood and the Knife wound was just too deep and he got here too late, if only....."
His voice faded and Amara lost track of what he was saying.
She drew her knees to her chest and sobbed softly.
She could see Osi clearly in her mind's eye. His smile, his dimples, his bulging Adam's apple, his reassuring attitude...she could see him clearly how he had stared at her the first time she had seen him at the bus park, how he had startled her later and from there how they had started talking and become close.
She remembered his embarrassed look when she had kissed him at the hospital and then she remembered what felt like hours ago..how he had come to her rescue and fought the devil and now he was dead.
Why?
Why would God allow his servant...his son to be killed like that?
To be murdered so gruesomely?

She suddenly stopped crying and got to her feet.
Dr Ambrose was talking to her father, probably telling him the details of Osi's demise judging by the way her father kept shaking his head in dismay.

She walked away from them wiping her tears with the back of her hands as both men's voices became faint and inaudible.

She saw the nurse writing what looked like a death certificate in one of the rooms.
She knew the nurse quite well- Nkiru had been one of her close neighbours before she went to school in the city and even though she was few years older than Amara, both girls got along fine and had been quite close.
Now Nkiru was married and lived in the nearby village with her husband but she came to work everyday and worked her shifts diligently.

She looked up when Amara entered the room
"Amara..."
"Please Nkiru you have to do something...Osi can not die"
"Osi?" She dropped the pen and stood up. Her friend didn't look alright..she looked sick and Nkiru began to get worried.

"Osi the tall pastor that was brought in few minutes ago...knife wound to the chest...he's very tall"
"Oh...I'm so sorry...I didn't know you knew him"
"What do you mean you're sorry...you should be treating him"
Nkiru sighed sadly.
"Its very unfortunate but we don't have the equipment to JumpStart his heart and get him breathing again...and he was brought too late. The loss of blood was just too much"
"Nkiru" Amara's voice was calm. Too calm. "I don't think you understand...if you don't treat my friend I'm going to tear this clinic apart"

°•°•°•
Amara struggled for control as she saw Osi. He was on the table and he was steady. She felt a new wave of tears build up inside her but she forced it down.
Now more than ever she needed to be strong. Osi was not dead and no, she wasn't in denial.

Nkiru peeled Osi's shirt which was already red with his blood.
She looked at Amara and her eyes didn't hold much hope.
"I need you to give him mouth to mouth resuscitation...I need to find out if he has an open pneumothorax"

Amara didn't have any idea what the complicated word meant but she knew it was important.
She placed both hands on either side of Osi's face and covered his lips with hers. She blew air into his mouth.

Nkiru studied his chest intently while Amara performed CPR.
"Just as I thought...its an open pneumothorax" she looked at Amara and when she caught her blank look she explained. "That means its a sucking chest wound, usually caused by penetrating chest trauma..what we need to do is ensure he has a patent airway... So if by some miracle he can respirate normally."
She looked down at Osi again and frowned.
"I need to cover this wound if not air would move into his chest through the cavity...that would be grave"
"Please do it...we need to hurry" Amara urged her. She lowered her head again to blow more air.
She was worried..Osi hadn't responded in anyway to the CPR but she refused to believe the worst.
Instead she increased the pressure and blew as much air as possible into his mouth.

She felt a sudden movement and she jerked up.
"Nkiru...nurse!"
Nkiru was busy standing on a stool and getting gauze and bandages to block the chest wound and she almost fell when Amara shouted her name suddenly.
"He..I think he breathed...I felt a movement.. It was very low"
Nkiru hurried to her side and watched intently.
"Perform the CPR again" she instructed Amara.
After some seconds she said: "you're right...life hasn't left him completely but we're in a race against time...he doesn't have a pulse and I fear either his lungs or diaphragm has been damaged"
"So what do we do?"
Nkiru frowned deep in thought
"Our best hope would have been a defribulator but we don't have any"
"What's a defribu-...whatever?"

[Defibrillation is a process in which an electronic device sends an electric shock to the heart to stop an irregular heartbeat, and restore the normal heart rhythm.]

Finally Amara snapped her fingers. "I think I know what's wrong now..he was exposed for too long and too much air entered his thoracic cavity without escape and now the pressure from the trapped air is greater than the pressure in the lungs...any second from now and the lungs could collapse!"
"Lung collapse? Jesus Christ! what can we do??"
"He needs immediate needle decompression" as she spoke she hurried to the cabinet and rummaged around searching for something

She returned with a very large needle and Amara held her breath.
Nkiru shook her head..she seemed nervous. "I've never done this before"

"Nkiru...his life is in your hands..you can do it...you NEED to do it"

Nkiru took a lot of time (in Amara's opinion) staring intently at Osi's chest and tracing her fingers and searching for an entry point.

Amara got very impatient "just push it through the open wound already...too much time has been wasted!" The 'collapsed lungs' phrase had really gotten to her and it shook her to the core.

"I need to insert the needle into the second intercostal space at the midclavicular line of the injured spot to convert the tension into a simple open pneumothorax this would let air escape the pleural space and it won't build-"
"I get I get...I understand please carry on" Amara interrupted the nurse impatiently.
Finally she inserted the needle and by pulling the plunger extracted the trapped air from Osi's chest. It made a sucking sound as the air filled the plunger.

His Adam's apple bobbled and he made a deep sound in his throat.
"Oh my God!" Amara gasped.
Nkiru was equally shocked. She looked at Amara with wide eyes. "Okay...this just might work"

°•°•°•°•
The bright light seemed to attract Osi and he walked slowly towards it. He idly wondered where he was, and where everybody was although he couldn't remember specifically any of his friends or family or if he had any.
When he was a few feet from the entrance, the light went out suddenly.
Everywhere instantly became dim and very dark.
"No...no...no!! What's happening" he turned around in a state of panic as everywhere became pitch black.

And in the clinic in Amaife, his eyes twitched.

°•°•°•°•°•
Sofiri got home some minutes before 12am and a frantic Mabel opened the door for him. She was clearly worried.
"What happened...why did you spend so long?"
She leaned in to sniff his clothes gently so he wouldn't notice. Lately she had been feeling insecure and she half expected to get a whiff of a female perfume. But she didn't perceive anything of the sort.
Instead her husband looked very stressed and cross.
"What's wrong..are you okay?" She asked again. Rubbing his shoulders gently.
He shrugged her hands away roughly. "Look just serve me my dinner...I need to go to sleep...and next time don't ever invite anybody for dinner without discussing it with me again"
Her mouth opened in shock.
She was about to say something when a violent knock rattled the front door.
Sofiri flinched involuntarily he looked at his wife. She looked back. He looked at the door and swallowed. The door was pounded again and he finally found his voice "who...who's there?"
"Janjakere..kere o..kere.ooo..janjankere...!" The song was unmistakable it was equivalent to a war cry in Amaife...and the voices that chanted it where filled with much rage and vigour.
"Don't worry...don't be scared nothing would happen" Sofiri assured his wife. Although he didn't sound as reassuring as he had intended.

Benedict's voice thundered from outside "if you know you're hiding your brother you better bring him out now...if we find him inside we will kill you both!"

°•°•°•°
Dé Nwachukwu was still talking to the doctor when a nurse hurried towards them and called for the doctor. He recognised the young nurse as a little girl that used to live in the next compound. He didn't call out to her because he had trouble remembering her name, it was either Nkechi or Nkiru...or something that started with the letter N.
Secondly she seemed to be in a hurry. She bounced on her heels as she waited impatiently for Dr Ambrose.
"So Dé...please try and calm your daughter...I did my best..it was just too late.. Good night sir" he looked at his watch "or should I say good morning" he walked briskly to the nurse and she told him something. He looked back at Dé Nwachukwu and hurried off with the young lady.

Dé Nwachukwu sat down on the bench beside his daughter. Joy was already dozing, she rested her head on Oluchi's shoulder.
"Where's Amara?" Dr Nwachukwu asked her friend.
"Sir I don't know...I thought she went to the toilet"

He looked around but saw no sign of her. He was suddenly tired. He was hungry and cold. He hadn't even gone halfway with his meal before the interruption and his wrapper couldn't really cover up his chest entirely. He yawned tiredly.

"My friend"
He looked towards the entrance, at where the voice had come from.
It was Pa Kenneth.
"Elder"
"Dé"
Both men shook hands and Dé Nwachukwu got to his feet and moved away with pa Kenneth.
When they were out of earshot, pa Kenneth said "I heard what happened"
"Yes.. I still find it hard to believe...Batholomew! Most times he always addressed the people after you...we held him in such high regard..." His voice trailed of and he shook his head.
"Is very bad..unbelievable. But we have a role to play to ensure that no other innocent person suffers again..so many have suffered already"
Dé Nwachukwu nodded "I don't quite get you"
"I mean the pastors brother...I learnt the youths are marching to his house..they are agitated and could do anything to him..its up to us to prevent them from harming an innocent person"
Dé Nwachukwu nodded.
Someone else entered the hospital and he saw it was Stevenson the European.
"I have to stay here with my daughters pa...I can't leave them like this"
Pa Kenneth nodded. "I understand...I'm heading there now..should Dé John come, you direct him to my whereabouts"
Dé Nwachukwu nodded "I'd so that sir...take care"
He returned to his seat thinking that Pa Kenneth was indeed a true leader. A man of the people.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by patjane(f): 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2017
U too much souloho19
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by dupsai(f): 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2017
Souloho you're the best! Thanks for the update and thanks for resurrecting Osi, you just made my night.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Favouritetega(f): 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ose just wake up ooooo, or a revibrating slap will begin u back to life
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by kinah(f): 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2017
PA Kenneth or PA John is Bartholomew's father.
@souloho19 Hop I guessed right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Favouritetega(f): 9:45pm On Sep 21, 2017
Maryclaire1:
Abi oooo my sister he's just jesting with us he just added a new character and he needs to clarify us on d papa devil and what makes d pinkin devil have his hideous urge....it should better be Bartholomew's burial arrangement you are preparing souloho19 If not I will track you down like strange eyes angry
It runs in their family, maybe d father did something to him while he was young.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by larride(m): 10:00pm On Sep 21, 2017
This Soul can play with someone emotions ehn. Thank God Osi is back.
More please.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by ItsJezzy(m): 10:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
This Soul shaa.. All them ladies cryin tha Osi should comeback ... Are yu happy now?? grin cheesy
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by smileing: 10:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
SleekHoyeen:

Thanks my sister. Thanks for reassuring me that Souloho is only joking. That guy should be a comedian aside being a writer. Lol

Lolz ofcourse he is a joker cheesy
He just want to give us high bp with his suspense
Our osi must live to tell the effect the kiss Amara gave had on him wink
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Oroolorun(m): 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2017
Congratulation Oga Soul, Pastor Osi is alive so no more stick for the back of your head. But remember, the more you are delaying bringing the devil to the marketsquare for stoning the more you are annoying more people. Oya continue, we are with you.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by kingphilip(m): 10:34pm On Sep 21, 2017
He returned to his seat thinking that Pa Kenneth was indeed a true leader. A man of the people.

This sentences sha

There's really more to this story and I'm sure this story is not going to end any moment from now

It's still a far way off

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by kingphilip(m): 10:35pm On Sep 21, 2017
kinah:
PA Kenneth or PA John is Bartholomew's father.

@souloho19
Hop I guessed right.
where you waka commot from again
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by yaronjos(m): 10:58pm On Sep 21, 2017
Bro solohu or is it Souloho19....dis is it, thing is I'm making this post without even reading all through this update..everyday I cringe for updates on this thriller..but I tell you based on d opening line of today, I had to 2nd look ur name again so that it can always always ring a bell in mind, and also had to wave off d desire not to comment on this....bro ur descriptive prowess is hybrid, next generation kinda stuff....kudos n kudos man...

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by SleekHoyeen(f): 11:34pm On Sep 21, 2017
smileing:

Lolz ofcourse he is a joker cheesy He just want to give us high bp with his suspense Our osi must live to tell the effect the kiss Amara gave had on him wink
Yes o...Osi and Amara that must still kiss one more time sef.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (84) (Reply)

All In A Circle.....(A crime story) / Deceitful Couple / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.