Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,865 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Can I Store Games On Playstation 4 Extenal Hard Drive? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Can I Store Games On Playstation 4 Extenal Hard Drive? (1434 Views)

Games On Playstation 4 / How Can You Put Games On Ps Vita Without Catridge / FIFA 18 On Playstation 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Store Games On Playstation 4 Extenal Hard Drive? by Imfinished: 11:50pm On Jul 25, 2017
Please house, I have a PlayStation 3 with 10 games loaded on the external hard drive, just got a PlayStation 4 as gift, I'm wondering if same can be done for the PlayStation 4. The CDs are damn too expensive. Can I load games into an external hard drive and play from it?
Re: Can I Store Games On Playstation 4 Extenal Hard Drive? by cao(f): 12:45pm On Jul 26, 2017
With the 4.50 patch, you're now able to store and play your games on an external HDD on the PS4, the PS4 will have to reformat the HDD first, after that you're good to go.

1 Like

Re: Can I Store Games On Playstation 4 Extenal Hard Drive? by Imfinished: 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
cao:
With the 4.50 patch, you're now able to store and play your games on an external HDD on the PS4, the PS4 will have to reformat the HDD first, after that you're good to go.
thanks for the reply, but how do I save the game on the ext HDD? Is it from the PlayStation 4 CD or I have to download it from the Internet?
Re: Can I Store Games On Playstation 4 Extenal Hard Drive? by cao(f): 5:22pm On Jul 26, 2017
Imfinished:
thanks for the reply, but how do I save the game on the ext HDD? Is it from the PlayStation 4 CD or I have to download it from the Internet?
Both. I'm assuming the Internet bit means the PSN store...
Re: Can I Store Games On Playstation 4 Extenal Hard Drive? by Imfinished: 9:01pm On Jul 26, 2017
cao:

Both. I'm assuming the Internet bit means the PSN store...
okay. I guess it's best I go to a game store and have them load games on the ext HDD. Thank for the tip
Re: Can I Store Games On Playstation 4 Extenal Hard Drive? by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 27, 2017
I think what he's asking is if he can load pirated games on the PS4 external hard drive ...without the physical CD ...

No you can't .

Just know that when you start buying games always look at your wardrobe and make sure you have more clothes than games .

Don't make the same mistake I did .

Welcome to the club .

1 Like

Re: Can I Store Games On Playstation 4 Extenal Hard Drive? by Imfinished: 11:00am On Jul 27, 2017
tobianthony:
I think what he's asking is if he can load pirated games on the PS4 external hard drive ...without the physical CD ...

No you can't .

Just know that when you start buying games always look at your wardrobe and make sure you have more clothes than games .

Don't make the same mistake I did .

Welcome to the club .
lol. Can't buy a CD for 20k. Rather stick with PS3.
Re: Can I Store Games On Playstation 4 Extenal Hard Drive? by Cuteamigo1(m): 1:34pm On Jul 27, 2017
grin this is the only thing stoping me from buying a ps4 righnow. but you should take into consideration that an extra ps4 pad cost 20k too.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Store Games On Playstation 4 Extenal Hard Drive? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2017
Gaming is expensive generally ....depending on the type of games you like ...we generally buy and sell to offset your opportunity cost .

I'd say ...stick to games that give you the most happiness .

Some games are actually cheaper now than they were last year .

For me ...all then biohazard and the triple titles .. I can wait till next year to play them ...as they aren't my cup of tea .

I prefer games with local co-op ...FIFA , UFC 2 it's worth the bread when your mates are around .

All the best enjoy .

(1) (Reply)

Abuja: Ps3 Slim Consoles At 52k(each) - 08072657599 / Former President Of Sony Corporation And Playstation Games is Dead / Who Is The Most Powerful Game Character?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.