Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site (22965 Views)

I'm Creating A Niche Site From $0 To $500 A Month. Who Wants To Follow Along? / 3 Profitable Niche Site Selection Techniques That Works Great In 2018 (with PDF) / My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 4:46am On Jul 26, 2017
First things first.

I'm not here to sell anything.

I'm just here to provide helpful and actionable content.

There will be no pitches or telling you to visit my site to get more info blah blah...

Everything here will be free!

I'm just here to tell you how a humble boy from Ogun State made his dream come true from his dirty bedroom in his village house, with a laptop, wearing pyjamas all day!

Let's get started...

I was reading some of the topics on the webmaster section here and I realised one big pain point for many.

A disturbing recurring pattern:

Making money online is hard for so many on here.

I was once in this situation a few years back. So I understand the frustrations and feelings of helplessness I have seen from some here.

I decided to start a new topic and provide a blueprint that worked for me to make my first couple of moolahs online.

If you have never made a dime online the simplest and most straightforward way
to do it is by....

Building a niche site!

I believe a niche site is simply the best way for anyone to get their feet wet in making money online.

I must warn you though that it's not easy.

It's simple and straightforward but not easy!

Catch my Drift?

My story

When I built my first niche site, I had no idea what it would turn into.

I had no idea that it was going to change my life...

At the time I was building a site for my local church and trying to rank it for some church related keywords.

After about 3 months of trial and error I got the site ranking for juicy keywords and traffic began spiking for the site.

I got hooked and decided to try what I learned to a personal site!

The plan was to build the site, do some SEO and slap Adsense on it - you know, just test and see what happens.

When the site started taking off and making me some moolah, I knew I had a winning money making model online!

I didn't plan on making this a long term gig, I had just finished uni and this was a side project to supplement my NYSC 'allawee'.

In December 2010 (my first full month of doing this) I put in a lot of work and earned...nothing!

Zero

Nada

Zilch.

After hours and hours of pounding at the keyboard. It was sad.

I kept at it.

March 2012 rolled in and it was the month i made my first dime online!

It was a paltry $3 dollars but I was so happy!

Months after that were even rougher but I believed in the model and kept at it.

By June ending things started clicking and revenue was $200.

September 2012 and I was grossing $500+. And in January 2013 I was well over the $1000 dollars/month mark.

In the end it had all paid off.

I was making more money than the company I was working for at the time. It was insane.

February 2013 I quit my job.

I phoned a friend of mine. He was working for a Big bank at the time.

I told him about what I was doing and why he should leave his job, move into my bedroom and be my partner.

Ending of February, he quit his six figure income job and moved into my bedroom where we worked from.

By the ending of 2013, we were grossing $10,000 a month!

And on and on and on it went!

'But that was before. The space is saturated now and this can't work in 2017', I hear you say.

It still works and I still make money online this way. I have several niche sites I have been running since 2011 still churning money.

I also know numerous people who are currently employing same and similar process to make income from the internet.

Over the coming days, I'm going to give you a detailed step by step guide (super blueprint) of how you can build and SEO a niche site to make $500 (my target income for you) on the internet.

Like I said before, it's simple but not easy.

If you are looking for a get rich quick method without a lot of work this is not for you. This is for people who are willing to put in the work which isn't in anyway difficult.

The guide will be free and packed full of info and actionable content to help you make money online with niche sites.

I won't be leaving anything out! I will be writing this as if I was writing it for my kids.

Tell your friends who know nothing about the internet, SEO or building an Adsense site.

Tell your friends who keep struggling with making an income on the internet!

I need you to spread this guide around. Talk about it.

To be honest, I have kept some of this info to myself for a long time. I'm not too sure what I was scared of. Competition, maybe.

But I don't think I can stand by anymore and watch people continue to be frustrated, flailing and getting scammed trying to make a decent income online.

Now, I want as many people to learn about how to apply SEO and build niche sites because this stuff works!

It is my hope that I put scammers who charge for this sort of info to shame and out of bussiness!

I'm going to be writing out the guide here under this topic and if you follow it and do what it says, you will get a bit of value here.

Build as many niche sites as you can.

Be patient and enjoy it all!

PS. No skill required to follow along so this applies to total newbies! As long as you can do basic things on your PC and online.

6 Likes

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:51am On Jul 26, 2017
Wow! That's great. I'm following. Do you think this site will meet AdSense approval when I update over 20 articles? www.mortalpoet.com

3 Likes

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 9:21am On Jul 26, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Wow! That's great. I'm following. Do you think this site will meet AdSense approval when I update over 20 articles? www.mortalpoet.com

Hello Sapio,

No one can be 100% sure if google will approve any site for adsense.

But here is the thing:

There are ways you can tilt the odds in your favour.

1. Create Valuable content

Google loves valuable content. By valuable, I mean creating very actionable content to real problems people have.

You also have to focus on topics that have not been rehashed over and over again (read: celebrity blogs and general topic blogs that float everywhere on the web like heavy poo that have refused to go down the pipe after a flush).

So always have a unique angle to your content.

If it has been said before dont post that stuff.

Your blog looks fine in this regard. I like the angle.

2. Don't steal. You are not a thief

Google probably hates theft than God. Ok I'm exaggerating.

But you get the gist.

A lot of people copy and paste other people's work and pass it off as theirs. Then when google doesn't approve them they throw tantrums.

Always have original content on your site.

Your blog looks fine on this front too.

3. No thin content. You are not selling flat screen TVs

Google hates thin content.

Google loves super detailed content.

Have at least ten contents that are at least 2000 words long before applying (It's not easy I told you).

This tells google you are putting in a lot of work and you not a hit and run driver.

It also shows your commitment to providing super useful, unique and actionable stuff to your audience.

Your blog needs work here.

4. It's all About you

Have a great 'About' page.

Manual reviewers at Google check this stuff. I kid you not.

State exactly what your site does and why your site should be the go-to site for your subject matter.

5. Can I have your Contact

Please have a working 'Contact Page'.

They check this stuff.

6. We respect your Privacy

Google won't approve you for Adsense if you have no Privacy Policy page on your site.

You can search online for 'Privacy Policy page generator'.

Copy and paste generated field and tweak to your site as required.

I see no privacy policy page on your site.

Short answer to your question: Good won't approve you for Adsense as it stands today.

7. Have a great team...sorry, Theme

You are far more likely to get approved if you have a great looking theme or site.

If you have the money, please don't skimp on this. If you don't then look for a free theme that doesn't look like a 19 year old junkie designed.

If you are using Wordpress which I assume you are, I recommended looking for a premium cheap theme.

Your theme is good. So don't worry about this.

In addition to having a great theme I recommend having a logo designed.

You can do it yourself or have someone design a cheap one for you. It shouldn't cost you much. If you need help with this I can talk to my guy to get you a free one. Shoot me an email.

If you do these basics I don't see why you shouldn't be approved.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:52am On Jul 26, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Hello Sapio,

No one can be 100% sure if google will approve any site for adsense.

But here is the thing:

There are ways you can tilt the odds in your favour.

1. Create Valuable content

Google loves valuable content. By valuable, I mean creating very actionable content to real problems people have.

You also have to focus on topics that have not been rehashed over and over again (read: celebrity blogs and general topic blogs that float everywhere on the web like heavy poo that have refused to go down the pipe after a flush).

So always have a unique angle to your content.

If it has been said before dont post that stuff.

Your blog looks fine in this regard. I like the angle.

2. Don't steal. You are not a thief

Google probably hates theft than God. Ok I'm exaggerating.

But you get the gist.

A lot of people copy and paste other people's work and pass it off as theirs. Then when google doesn't approve them they throw tantrums.

Always have original content on your site.

Your blog looks fine on this front too.

3. No thin content. You are not selling flat screen TVs

Google hates thin content.

Google loves super detailed content.

Have at least ten contents that are at least 2000 words long before applying (It's not easy I told you).

This tells google you are putting in a lot of work and you not a hit and run driver.

It also shows your commitment to providing super useful, unique and actionable stuff to your audience.

Your blog needs work here.

4. It's all About you

Have a great 'About' page.

Manual reviewers at Google check this stuff. I kid you not.

State exactly what your site does and why your site should be the go-to site for your subject matter.

5. Can I have your Contact

Please have a working 'Contact Page'.

They check this stuff.

6. We respect your Privacy

Google won't approve you for Adsense if you have no Privacy Policy page on your site.

You can search online for 'Privacy Policy page generator'.

Copy and paste generated field and tweak to your site as required.

I see no privacy policy page on your site.

Short answer to your question: Good won't approve you for Adsense as it stands today.

7. Have a great team...sorry, Theme

You are far more likely to get approved if you have a great looking theme or site.

If you have the money, please don't skimp on this. If you don't then look for a free theme that doesn't look like a 19 year old junkie designed.

If you are using Wordpress which I assume you are, I recommended looking for a premium cheap theme.

Your theme is good. So don't worry about this.

In addition to having a great theme I recommend having a logo designed.

You can do it yourself or have someone design a cheap one for you. It shouldn't cost you much. If you need help with this I can talk to my guy to get you a free one. Shoot me an email.

If you do these basics I don't see why you shouldn't be approved.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

Wow! Thank you very much. I didn't expect you'd go this deep. Thank you very much. You are a gem. I'm really interested in the log design. How do I contact you? I'd be very grateful here.

I was told that once my words exceed 700 words that I'm good so I try to exceed a thousand in all my posts. I have a privacy policy that can be found at the right side of the red column in this picture I attached. Is it okay there? Thank you.

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 10:07am On Jul 26, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Wow! Thank you very much. I didn't expect you'd go this deep. Thank you very much. You are a gem. I'm really interested in the log design. How do I contact you? I'd be very grateful here.

I was told that once my words exceed 700 words that I'm good so I try to exceed a thousand in all my posts. I have a privacy policy that can be found at the right side of the red column in this picture I attached. Is it okay there? Thank you.

Oops...sorry I didn't see the Privacy Policy link.

Yeah anywhere will do as long as it's on your site.

Your blog design is good...way above the minimum requirement. So you are good there too.

Please, don't spend any money on designing your blog now. It's fine as it is.

When the blog starts raking in cash you can look to upgrade with a quality paid design.

You can shoot me an email at fredster389 at gmail dot com.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:36am On Jul 26, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Oops...sorry I didn't see the Privacy Policy link.

Yeah anywhere will do as long as it's on your site.

Your blog design is good...way above the minimum requirement. So you are good there too.

Please, don't spend any money on designing your blog now. It's fine as it is.

When the blog starts raking in cash you can look to upgrade with a quality paid design.

You can shoot me an email at fredster389 at gmail dot com.
Thank you. I'm very grateful. I've sent you a mail on the address you provided. What about the number of posts or views one can get before AdSense approval?

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 11:56am On Jul 26, 2017
Step 1 | Mindset Lesson

Nobody cares about you

The beginning of your Adsense Site

I know you will agree with me that driving eyeballs to your site is perhaps the single most difficult task for internet marketers.

A lot of people start a niche site, blog or what have you. Write tons of content, share on social media and with friends and families.

But...crickets!

No visitors!

They are stunned that no one is visiting.

'But I wrote all this insane super articles...'

'Why is no one visiting my site na...'

'Life is hard...sob sob...'

'This thing is a scam. Nobody makes money like this. They are liars!'

Look:

I have been there before. It's very disheartening.

But what if I told you that there is a super simple trick in driving tons of eyeballs to your site?

What if I told you there is an easy way to have people eat up your stuff on your site and beg for more?

It's so simple it's silly.

Here it comes:

The very first step to making money with your niche site without fail is to forget about yourself.

Nobody cares about you, your site or your business.

No one cares that you want to make money with your site. No one. Not even your mum. Yes go tell her that, I'll wait.

What you need to do is to start caring about other people.

Learning to care about others is extremely powerful.

'But I do care about people, about my audience...'

Shut up.

You don't.

You care about making money.

You care about your ego.

You don't care about others...stop telling yourself lies.

It seems like a simple thing to do but it's not.

It took me years to understand that if you truly care about others good will come your way.

It was when I truly started caring about others my income from my niche sites exploded!

You won't make a single dime on your niche site until you learn to truly solve problems for others.

If you find yourself asking questions like...

Why won't anyone read my blog?

I have all the skills the job asked for? Wtf? Why did they still turn me down?

I have sent out 50 proposals to clients and still no one has replied. Jeez! Why?

My prices are cheap why is no one buying? Gosh!

All the skill and experience in the world don't matter if what people read is me me me me me me me.

I see this all the time.

Half the site I visit are just me focused!

'Hey you should read this article, its funny'

'Hey you should buy my ebook, I spent tons of money creating it. And oh, I need to buy a Range Rover ASAP'

No, I'm not reading or buying nothing! Nada!

Look boy, I only care about what I want. I don't care if that article is funny or the ebook cost you an arm (who send you?).

Here Ian the thing:

Your audience don't care about your degree, and they don't care about your experience.

They care about what they care about, and if you don't show em' you care about the same, then you're not getting shit.

Focus on their problems.

Focus on giving.

Focus on solving.

Forget about money.

When they say "give first and money follows" they actually mean that shit.

I know it seems hard to believe, but I swear to god it's true.

Still thinking about starting a niche site based on celebrity news?

Ask yourself what that solves exactly for your target audience.

Do we need another blog telling us what Wizkid wore today?

Of what use is that really to people visiting your site? Don't even say entertainment! Don't!

What concrete problem does that solve for people? Ehn?

Later in the guide I will show you a step by step guide in choosing the right niche topics to go into, how to discover them through careful evaluation of how you can add value and solve people's concrete problems.

I will also detail how to uncover what your target audience want and the problems they are literally begging to get solved for them!

But for now just get the mentality straight.

It changed everything for me and I bet it will for you too.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2017
^^^Lololol. That was good.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Raava: 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2017
go here to buy your niche blog for as cheap as 3k

https://www.nairaland.com/3904125/blog-sale
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Raava: 1:22pm On Jul 26, 2017
go here to buy your niche blog for as cheap as 3k

https://www.nairaland.com/3904125/blog-sale
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by deturla: 5:11pm On Jul 26, 2017
I love this thread.

Do you know I created a NICHE blog http://taxprof.com.ng and in just 4 months with 5 unique posts, I got a Nigerian adsense approved?

I am following with rapt attention.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 5:26pm On Jul 26, 2017
deturla:
I love this thread.

Do you know I created a NICHE blog http://taxprof.com.ng and in just 4 months with 5 unique posts, I got a Nigerian adsense approved?

I am following with rapt attention.

Hello Deturla

That's great!

I just checked it out.

I love the angle.

3 Likes

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Creativarian(m): 5:50pm On Jul 26, 2017
Lovely stuff!

You Rock.

A friend called my attention to this because he first thought I was the one who created this thread.

You teach like I would... Maybe, better.

I do niche blogging too but need to learn new stuff, so I'll follow this through.

You're lovely, @Nichesiteseo.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by resultcase(m): 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2017
Been long someone started an educative thread of this nature on this Forum. Kudos @NicheSiteSeo!!

I'm closely watching!
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by TrapHedges(m): 6:15pm On Jul 26, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Hello Deturla

That's great!

I just checked it out.

I love the angle.

wow great work ur doing sir.. I really want to mail u.. Pls can u drop ur email address sir.. Thanks alot smiley
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by BonkoINC: 6:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
I love this.... patience is key coupled with hard/smart work...

My sites are search engine optimized..

Search engine traffic is really a great way to earn without much stress... ofcus after sleepless night..

but its all worth it..

I blog here too... [url]ilovetextmessages.com[/url]

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Preciousspring: 6:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
This is so great! A breathe of fresh air.I am sure going to follow your teachings and implement them on my blog.
I just quit the entertainment thing on my blog www.preciousspring and turn it into a healthy living and natural food blog. If you check the change is noticeable.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by deturla: 7:05pm On Jul 26, 2017
Lalasticlala, mynd44, davide470. This is the best SEO thread I have seen all year. What do you think?

Ednut1, this may be good for you oh!!
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 26, 2017
What do you think about my blog

www.techsoft.com.ng
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2017
Creativarian:
Lovely stuff!

You Rock.

A friend called my attention to this because he first thought I was the one who created this thread.

You teach like I would... Maybe, better.

I do niche blogging too but need to learn new stuff, so I'll follow this through.

You're lovely, @Nichesiteseo.

You Sir, rock too.

Thank you!

More interesting stuff coming!

The real meat!!!

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2017
netoc65:
What do you think about my blog

www.techsoft.com.ng

Hi Neto,

Your blog ain't bad.

Be sure to follow the thread, I'm sure you will pick one or two stuff of value.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2017
TrapHedges:

wow great work ur doing sir.. I really want to mail u.. Pls can u drop ur email address sir.. Thanks alot smiley

Hi again,

Sure no probs.

fredster389 at gmail dot com.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by TrapHedges(m): 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Hi again,
Sure no probs.
fredster389 at gmail dot com.
thank u sir.. Ill mail u right away
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Kheeng1: 11:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
How can i create a new blog using WordPress
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by holuwajobar(m): 1:10am On Jul 27, 2017
Help me review my blog if it can be approve fr adsense.. The adsense u see on my blog, it is for a friend... Apart from the change of domain name, what else is required... Also this blog is 3weeks old with over 20thousand pageviews.... So what is your view on it.... www.admissiontipz..com
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Disco01(m): 6:31am On Jul 27, 2017
Please should I start my niche blog with WordPress or blogger blog? Which do you advise
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 6:36am On Jul 27, 2017
Disco01:
Please should I start my niche blog with WordPress or blogger blog? Which do you advise

My preference is Wordpress.

But it doesn't really matter which you go with it.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 6:39am On Jul 27, 2017
holuwajobar:
Help me review my blog if it can be approve fr adsense.. The adsense u see on my blog, it is for a friend... Apart from the change of domain name, what else is required... Also this blog is 3weeks old with over 20thousand pageviews.... So what is your view on it.... www.admissiontipz..com

Go through the thread. I answered someone that had the same question. It should apply here too.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 6:44am On Jul 27, 2017
Kheeng1:
How can i create a new blog using WordPress

You can google this. There are many resources out there for this.

You can shoot me a mail at fredster389 at gmail dot com.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Olusharp(m): 9:49am On Jul 27, 2017
check my blog... www.guruzland..co.ke
I need help with free design...anyone to help?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 11:42am On Jul 27, 2017
Olusharp:
check my blog... www.guruzland..ke
I need help with free design...anyone to help?

See the bigger picture here.

Don't worry over design for now.

Just focus on solving a problem people have with your writing and everything will sort itself.

I just tried checking your blog. It seems to be down.

I will say go with the design you have already (any free template will do for now). Instead focus on producing unique and useful content.

I will be posting something very soon on how to have a problem solving approach first with writing.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Olusharp(m): 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

See the bigger picture here.

Don't worry over design for now.

Just focus on solving a problem people have with your writing and everything will sort itself.

I just tried checking your blog. It seems to be down.

I will say go with the design you have already (any free template will do for now). Instead focus on producing unique and useful content.

I will be posting something very soon on how to have a problem solving approach first with writing.
sorry the address is guruzland..co.ke

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Cost of Developing a Website in Nigeria / Website Designing, Graphic Designing, And Web Hosting Services. Cheap & Reliable / Teenager Sells Mobile Startup To Yahoo for $30 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.