Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site (23000 Views)

I'm Creating A Niche Site From $0 To $500 A Month. Who Wants To Follow Along? / 3 Profitable Niche Site Selection Techniques That Works Great In 2018 (with PDF) / My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 1:10pm On Jul 27, 2017
99.9% of the niche sites/blogs out there will make no money

Depressing headline yeah?

But true.

Before we get to that let me clarify what a niche site is.

A niche site doesn't mean a small site with a couple of pages.

A niche means a small segment of an overall market.

It means an intense focus on one particular topic which is part of an overall subject.

So a football site is a niche site.

Though football in general is a very vast topic but it's a niche nevertheless.

Why?

Football is a segment of an overall subject matter like sports.

So niche doesn't mean small.

Why you are probably going to fail with your niche site/blog

Most of you will fail. That's a given.

I'm not talking statistics here.

I'm saying most will fail because they do something very horribly WRONG even before they start!

It's so shocking because almost everyone I know trying to start a niche site makes this STUPID AWFUL error at the very beginning.

I want you to sit up at this point because this is probably going to be the most important post you will ever read if you are starting a niche site/blog.

I started this thread this week and i have been pitched dozens of sites to give my advice on.

And here is the sad truth:

Not a single one of this site is going to make money!

Not one!

Yeah, some might be making money (I don't know), but I'm ready to put my balls on the table to say none is and none will.

If the blogs I have been asked to look at are actually making any money it's blind luck!

Look:

If you are one of those that has emailed me about taking a look at your site I'm sorry but you might as well give up now.

No, it's not about your design.

Nor your content or layout.

No, it's not about being approved for Adsense or not.

It's something you are awfully doing wrong that it will take the big guy upstairs to come down to earth, for you to make a dime.

I'm sorry but that's the bitter truth.

I'm not here to make you happy. I'm here to make you money.

Right now I'm traveling and typing furiously on my phone.

I want to do this post justice so this is just the first part.

I intend to do a follow up at the best possible moment so you will have to forgive me for the cliff hanger.

If you are about to start a niche blog, please don't do anything yet till I publish the second part of this post.

The one single most significant factor that makes 99.9% of niche sites out there a waste of time for the owner is a big mistake they make even before they start.

Yes, those 32+ blogs I have received in my email will fail horribly. The horror!

And the saddest part is, they made this big fatal error even before starting.

They brought a pencil to a gun fight!

And it's not just these people. It's almost everyone out there.

I just need 5 seconds on a blog/niche site to know if it's going to be a total fail. Just 5 secs.

So please if you just starting a niche site/blog and haven't done anything yet (no domain, no conetent, no research done yet) don't make a move until I come back.

If you have started don't panic, there is still hope for you.

Until then...
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Jinf: 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2017
grin grin

I couldn't resist the urge to comment, i just had to jump on this my alternative account cuz my main account just got banned.

The way you dishing out the words raw @Nichesiteseo is brutally nice cheesy Keep them coming!

FOLLOWING!
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 2:24pm On Jul 27, 2017
Jinf:
grin grin

I couldn't resist the urge to comment, i just had to jump on this my alternative account cuz my main account just got banned.

The way you dishing out the words raw @Nichesiteseo is brutally nice cheesy Keep them coming!

FOLLOWING!

Thank you Jinf.

You reckon I should tone it down?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by suk22: 2:52pm On Jul 27, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Thank you Jinf.

Tone it down ke? Please continue. Same way, same method.

.... Save journey.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by deturla: 3:18pm On Jul 27, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
99.9% of the niche sites/blogs out there will make no money

Depressing headline yeah?

But true.

But before we get to that let me clarify what a niche site is.

A niche site doesn't mean a small site with a couple of pages.

A niche means a small segment of an overall market.

It means an intense focus on one particular topic which is part of an overall subject.

So a football site is a niche site.

Though football in general is a very vast topic but it's a niche nevertheless.

Why?

Football is a segment of an overall subject matter like sports.

So niche doesn't mean small.

Why you are probably going to fail with your niche site/blog

Most of you will fail. That's a given.

I'm not talking statistics here.

I'm saying most will fail because they do something very horribly WRONG even before they start!

It's so shocking because almost everyone I know trying to start a niche site makes this STUPIDLY AWFUL error at the very beginning.

I want you to sit up at this point because this is probably going to be the most important post you will ever read if you are about starting a niche site/blog.

I started this thread just this week and i have been pitched dozens of sites to give my advice on.

And here is the sad truth:

Not a single one of this site is going to make money!

Not one!

Yeah some might be (I don't know) but I'm ready to put my balls on the table to say none is and none will.

If the blogs I have been asked to look at are actually making any money it's blind luck!

Look:

If you are one of those that has emailed me about taking a look at your site I'm sorry but you might as well give up now.

No, it's not about your design.

Nor your content or layout.

No, it's not about being approved for Adsense or not.

It's something you are awfully doing wrong that it will take the big guy upstairs to come down to earth, for you to make a dime.

I'm sorry but that's the bitter truth.

I'm not here to make you happy. I'm here to make you money.

Right now I'm traveling and typing furiously on my phone.

I want to do this post justice so this is just the first part.

I intend to do a follow up at the best possible moment so you will have to forgive me for the cliff hanger.

If you are about to start a niche blog, please don't do anything yet till I publish the second part of this post.

The one single most significant factor that makes 99.9% of niche sites out there a waste of time for the owner is a big mistake they make even before they start.

Yes, those 32+ blogs I have received in my email will fail horribly. The horror!

And the saddest part is, they made a big fatal error even before starting.

They brought a pencil to a gun fight!

And it's not just these people. It's everyone out there.

I just need 5 seconds on a blog/niche site to know if it's going to be a total fail. Just 5 secs.

So please if you just starting a niche site/blog and haven't done anything yet (no domain, no conetent, no research done yet) don't make a move until I come back.

If you have started don't panic, there is still hope for you.

Until then...

Choi, you eh?

You make for a fine writer.

Are you more of a story teller than just a content person?

I'm glued. Keep it coming!

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Jinf: 3:56pm On Jul 27, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Thank you Jinf.
Naw
Keep it coming... Just as it is - salty, raw and undiluted.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 7:22pm On Jul 27, 2017
A simple formula that started it all for me

So here is the second part of the previous post.

Are you ready?

Here we go:

Why most Niche Sites fail

In the previous post, I said most Niche sites fail even before they get started because of a fatal error their owners make.

Guess what that error is?

Topic selection!!!

Topic selection is the greatest decision you will ever make on your niche site!

It's make or break here folks.

Choose the wrong topic for your Niche site and you are doomed from the beginning.

Yeah, go on and optimize your email list, create super duper content and throw a fancy design on the site, but the fate of your site is decided from day one.

Here is the kicker:

You can not rescue a bad niche site topic.

By topic, I mean what your Niche site covers or is all about.

It's the elevator speech of your site (What you will tell your Mum if you tell her to visit your site and she asks you what it's about).

So if you write about Tax related matters for SMEs then that's your niche site's topic.

Here are some blog/niche site topics that will fail horribly:

>My thoughts sorta blogs (where the owner just rambles on and on about every topic on earth and provides their own thoughts on the topic. Epic fail).

>Watch me travel blogs

>Celebrity/gossip blogs

>Tech blogs (This one is so so everywhere)

>Anything general

>etc.

How to choose winning blog topics

If you choose the right blog topic, you are 80% there.

So how do you choose the right topic?

You might want to write this on your forehead.

Grab a knife.

Ready?

Winning topics do two things:

1. They solve a specific problem that people are willing to pay money for

2. They solve the problem from a fresh angle or with a twist

Here is a simple formula to come up with blog topics that work:

What problem do you solve?/From what fresh angle do you solve it?

If you get your topic right and even if your execution is just a B- you will easily scale $500/per month in income from your blog 2-3 years from now.

Examples of using this formula to come up with winning blog topics

What problem do you solve?:

How can I make money online?

From what fresh angle do you solve it?:

By buying IPhones from computer village and flipping it on Olx at a profit.

Did you get that?

If I was doing this, I will then go ahead and create tons of articles on buying iPhones cheaply at CV and flipping on Olx.

I will hit this topic from every angle!

My article titles will look something like:

'26 ways to source for cheap iPhones in Computer Village'

'How to write descriptions that sells for your IPhones on olx?'

'A blueprint for flipping iPhones on olx'

'The best times to post your IPhone ad on olx'

'How to price your IPhones to make a profit on olx?'

'Why you should not flip your own IPhone on olx'

'Case Study: Meet Ali Simbi who made 15 million naira flipping IPhones on Olx and what you can learn from him.'

I can come up with 100 article titles that hits this topic from every angle if I keep going.

Be so specific with your fresh angle, take that fresh angle and keep delivering content on that specific ultra laser topic!

There should be no deviation what so ever.

You be so laser focused.

Notice my fresh angle wasn't selling stuff online?

I picked a specific thing: A phone.

Notice my fresh angle wasn't selling phones online?

I further niched it down to: Iphone.

Notice my fresh angle wasn't selling IPhones online?

I further niched online down to: Olx

I could even Niche it further down.

Problem: How do I make money online?

Fresh angle: By selling gold IPhones on Olx and promoting it via paid ad on the platform.

Then I will take this single topic and hit it from every angle.

I will make useful and actionable content that drives home this topic all day long on my niche site.

Here are more examples:

What problem do you solve? / From what fresh angle do you solve it from?

> How can I make money buying stocks?/By buying a stock when its P.E ratio is below 7 and selling after a year.

>How can I drive traffic to my ecommerce store?/ By using Facebook ads

>How can I make money online?/ By creating Adsense niche sites

>How do I start investing in real estate with no money?/ Partner up with a private investor who funds you all the cash for the investment and then you do all the work and split profit 50-50.

>How do I get my education blog on the first page of google for x keyword/ By getting a backlink from Harvard.edu

>How can I get more work done?/By using the GTD system.

The most common objection I get using this formula is people can't imagine writing on such a narrow topic like selling gold IPhones on Olx and promoting it via paid ads.

They can't imagine coming up with more than 2 articles on that topic. They fear it is just too niche.

You know what I tell them?

Niche down till you start feeling uncomfortable.

Some constraint and structure goes a long way.

I will tell you why this works in a later post.

There is a magic to it.

More stuff to come.

Cheers.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by SirLakes: 8:04pm On Jul 27, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Following smiley
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Jinf: 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2017
@Nichesiteseo i have a question regarding your last post.

What if you don't know how to solve any problem many people would be interested in?

Can one create a niche blog based on a topic you don't know much about and then research for articles?

For example, some health niche blogs are not managed by medical doctors. Some of this bloggers just research (read other blogs) and craft their own post.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 9:37pm On Jul 27, 2017
Jinf:

What if you don't know how to solve any problem many people would be interested in?

Can one create a niche blog based on a topic you don't know much about and then research for articles?

For example, some health niche blogs are not managed by medical doctors. Some of this bloggers just research (read other blogs) and craft their own post.

Hi Jinf,

>What if you don't know how to solve any problem many people would be interested in?

Your goal is not to make many people interested in your topic.

Your goal is to have an angle that makes people stick to your blog. It's about being ultra relevant to your target audience.

I will go as far as saying if everyone is interested in your topic, that's a red flag.

Having a laser focused topic or a central theme makes you spread like wildfire.

You know why trump won the election?

He had one single topic he hit from every angle.

'I'm building a wall and Mexico will pay for it.'

'Many' didn't like this but it was super relevant to people who felt this would solve immigration problems in the US.

Trump didn't go 'Oh my God, I need a campaign angle that 'many' would support.

Think about this:

Put 2 gals/guys whack in the middle of a street.

Have one scream any word she likes every hour.

Have the other scream the word 'dog' every hour.

Fine, both will really look weird and stand out to passerbys, but I bet, after a year no one will remember the words gal/guy A was screaming.

Ask a resident on that street about gal/guy B and his reply will be, 'oh, that weird dog girl'.

Central and laser focused themes spread like mad. This is what you want.

A man that says everything really says nothing.

Keep screaming buy gold IPhones and everyone will know you as the gold IPhone guy.

He kept using big words in his interviews and he became famous (Hon. Patrick).

She kept acting the monster in law roles and she became famous for it (Patience Ozokwor).

> Can one create a niche blog based on a topic you don't know much about and then research for articles?

This is perfectly fine. This is how most niche sites start. Passion turn research turn expert.

The only caveat for this to work is that you must truly care about solving the problems people have in that space. Truly care!

6 Likes

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 9:38pm On Jul 27, 2017
Jinf:

Hi Jinf,

>What if you don't know how to solve any problem many people would be interested in?

Your goal is to have an angle that makes people stick to your blog. It's about being ultra relevant to your target audience.

I will go as far as saying if everyone is interested in your topic, that's a red flag.

'Many' didn't like this but it was super relevant to people who felt this would solve immigration problems in the US.

Think about this:

Fine, both will really look weird and stand out to passerbys, but I bet, after a year no one will remember the words gal/guy A was screaming.

Ask a resident on that street about gal/guy B and his reply will be, 'oh, that weird dog girl'.

Keep screaming buy gold IPhones and everyone will know you as the gold IPhone guy.

She kept acting the monster in law roles and she became famous for it (Patience Ozokwor).

> Can one create a niche blog based on a topic you don't know much about and then research for articles?

This is perfectly fine. This is how most niche sites start. Passion turn research turn expert.

The only caveat for this to work is that you must truly care about solving the problems people have in that space. Truly care!
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Meklex(m): 9:40pm On Jul 27, 2017
Pitching my tent here.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Jinf: 9:49pm On Jul 27, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Hi Jinf,

Think about this:

Wow

This is gold!

You've opened my eyes. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by sdotnet: 11:26pm On Jul 27, 2017
Newly approved UK adsense is for sale Call / WhatsApp on, 08101833546
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by sdotnet: 11:32pm On Jul 27, 2017
Newly fully approved adsense is for sale Call / WhatsApp on, 08101833546
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by sdotnet: 11:36pm On Jul 27, 2017
Newly fully approved adsense is for sale Call / WhatsApp on, 08101833546
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 28, 2017
You're doing a great work. Although I don't flow well with most of your purportion, but you're good.. Keep it up.

Following

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 9:19am On Jul 28, 2017
EntMirror:
You're doing a great work. Although I don't flow well with most of your purportion, but you're good.. Keep it up.

Following

Hello Entmirror,

Thank you.

You can always shoot me an Email fredster389 at gmail dot com
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
Lesson 1: Keyword Research (part 1)

Let's get to the meat.

Keyword research is the technical starting point of your niche site.

The quality of your keyword research goes a long way in determining how successful your niche site will be.

Most of your keyword research will be done on the 'Google Adwords Keyword Tool'.

Though, the data from the tool is not always accurate, it still represents the best method and data for determining the viability of a keyword.

Here are some criteria that I use to initially evaluate a keyword.

Local Exact Match

Always have the 'country setting' of the Adwords keyword planner tool to be in your locality or a country you are targeting with your niche site.

The local exact match represents how many times a term is searched for per month in the country you have set to.

Average CPC

This dollar amount represents the average CPC that an Adwords Advertiser will pay when someone clicks on their ad.

CPC is a great metric that will help you determine if there is money in the niche you are focused on.

I get a lot people asking me if there is money to be made in their niche.

My answer to them is always:

Check your CPC.

If CPC is low, that generally means there aren't buyers clicking on ads.

On the other hand, if CPC is high, that means there's money floating around that niche and you can get a piece of that pie.

SEO Value

SEO value isn't very popular term with many internet marketers and this is very sad.

Why?

SEO Value is probably the most important figure you need to know about your niche.

It's a formula that tells you if a keyword is worth pursuing.

What to know what the formula is?

Here:

(Exact match local searches x CPC) x 0.1 = $dollar value.

The $dollar value is a rough estimate of the monthly earnings your niche site could make.

I will discuss this in depth later but you always try to shoot for an SEO value of $500.

Remember $500 is our target.

Conclusion:

The lessons have started and this is the step-by-step guide on creating a profitable niche site that can make you at least $500 per month.

I will be breaking the lessons in small chunks so you can easily follow along.

In part 2 of the keyword research, I will be holding your hands and take you through the actual steps in detail of doing your keyword research.

Until next time...

6 Likes

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
Lesson 1: Keyword Research (part 1)

Let's get to the meat.

Keyword research is the technical starting point of your niche site.

The quality of your keyword research goes a long way in determining how successful your niche site will be.

Most of your keyword research will be done on the 'Google Adwords Keyword Tool'.

Though, the data from the tool is not always accurate, it still represents the best method and data for determining the viability of a keyword.

Here are some criteria that I use to initially evaluate a keyword.

Local Exact Match

Always have the 'country setting' of the Adwords keyword planner tool to be in your locality or a country you are targeting with your niche site.

The local exact match represents how many times a term is searched for per month in the country you have set to.

Average CPC

This dollar amount represents the average CPC that an Adwords Advertiser will pay when someone clicks on their ad.

CPC is a great metric that will help you determine if there is money in the niche you are focused on.

I get a lot people asking me if there is money to be made in their niche.

My answer to them is always:

Check your CPC.

If CPC is low, that generally means there aren't buyers clicking on ads.

On the other hand, if CPC is high, that means there's money floating around that niche and you can get a piece of that pie.

SEO Value

SEO value isn't very popular term with many internet marketers and this is very sad.

Why?

SEO Value is probably the most important figure you need to know about your niche.

It's a formula that tells you if a keyword is worth pursuing.

What to know what the formula is?

Here:

(Exact match local searches x CPC) x 0.1 = $dollar value.

The $dollar value is a rough estimate of the monthly earnings your niche site could make.

I will discuss this in depth later but you always try to shoot for an SEO value of $500.

Remember $500 is our target.

Conclusion:

The lessons have started and this is the step-by-step guide on creating a profitable niche site that can make you at least $500 per month.

In part 2 of the keyword research, I will be holding back your hands and take you through the actual steps in detail of doing your keyword research.

Until next time...

Is it advisable to target a specific country or just target the global market.
If yes, what are the countries with good conversion?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Dollarground(m): 7:56am On Jul 30, 2017
As for me, I dont really rely on adsense. Information marketing business is a good way to making money from your blog. this requires no special skills. And it requires no start up capital. You make your money even when you are sleeping. To get started, just shoot me an email at Somwealth1@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Jinf: 8:02am On Jul 30, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Conclusion:

In part 2 of the keyword research, I will be holding your hands and take you through the actual steps in detail of doing your keyword research.

Until next time...
Is there going to be a step/point where you'll give the go ahead to start to those of us who wants to create new blogs?

So we can implement what we learn and ask questions right away.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by suleman12401: 8:23am On Jul 30, 2017
That great, I have read your complete story. How you create a website and start earning from it. I am also working on a website http://www.accaglobalwall.com. My website is basically a study material website and I want to know the tips you have used for the SEO.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 8:34am On Jul 30, 2017
Jinf:

Is there going to be a step/point where you'll give the go ahead to start to those of us who wants to create new blogs?

So we can implement what we learn and ask questions right away.

Jinf,

If you have read so far, you can start.

The lessons have started smiley

You are always free to ask questions.

BTW, this is mostly going to be about setting up a niche site.

I'm not really going to delve into my SEO strategies here because it's going to be very difficult organizing it here.

Nairaland's platform is a bit limiting for what I intend sharing (worksheets, PDFs, etc.)

I have a free weekly SEO newsletter for that. It's a free 10-week course.

I don't know if it's against the rules here so I don't know if it's okay to share the link for the sign up form.

But the thread here is enough to setup and perform basic SEO for your niche site.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 8:39am On Jul 30, 2017
suleman12401:
That great, I have read your complete story. How you create a website and start earning from it. I am also working on a website http://www.accaglobalwall.com. My website is basically a study material website and I want to know the tips you have used for the SEO.

Hello Suleman,

Great theme your blog has!

I have an SEO newsletter where I will share my SEO strategies in detail. I might share the signup form soon.

You can also follow the thread here.

Cheers.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by suk22: 10:43am On Jul 30, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Jinf,

I'm not really going to delve into my SEO strategies here because it's going to be very difficult organizing it here.

Nairaland's platform is a bit limiting for what I intend sharing (worksheets, PDFs, etc.)

I don't know if it's against the rules here so I don't know if it's okay to share the link for the sign up form.

But the thread here is enough to setup and perform basic SEO for your niche site.

You are doing a very good job here, thank you.
Please you may share the link to register for the SEO course for all intrested to benefit.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 11:01am On Jul 30, 2017
suk22:

You are doing a very good job here, thank you.
Please you may share the link to register for the SEO course for all intrested to benefit.

Hello Suk,

Thank you for the kind words.

Well, I'm not entirely sure it's ok to post the link here for the newsletter.

I just got unbanned after the anti-spam thingy banned me for my last post.

Wheeeeeew!

Rule 6 & 22 scare me crazy.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Jinf: 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Jinf,

Oh great!

You can add the newsletter link to your signature.

I have a question concerning the keyword/niche thing.

I just did some search on a keyword for the niche i'm considering using the keyword tool and it turns out it get just 10 - 100 monthly search!

I did another search on another niche and the result = 1k - 10k monthly search.

What is the lest amount of monthly search one should go for?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2017
Jinf:

Oh great!

I just did some search on the keyword for the niche i'm considering using the keyword tool and it turns out it get just 10 - 100 monthly search!

Now before someone would go and niche down to a niche without traffic, what is the lest amount of monthly search one should go for?

Sup Jinf

That's what Monday-Friday will be about smiley

I know you rearing to go.

But to answer your question briefly I will say going for 1k-10k (depending on the actual exact search number) might not be the optimal strategy.

Why?

Competition will be too massive and it might take you years to conquer that space (appearing on the first page).

Also you don't want the 100 number too. Volume is too low.

We will get to how to go about this, this week.

I mentioned the SEO Value as a guide to choose viable keywords and this will answer your question. I will be fleshing this out this week.

Watch this space.

Cheers.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
Jinf:

Oh great!

I just did some search on a keyword for the niche i'm considering using the keyword tool and it turns out it get just 10 - 100 monthly search!

What is the lest amount of monthly search one should go for?

Hey Jinf,

I will also write about a tidy trick to show exact search volume for a keyword on the google adwords keyword planner.

Normally, you will see estimated search volume in ranges (1k-10k). But there is a nifty way to see the exact search volume. We will get to that.

You should also know that you aren't going to be targeting a single keyword on your niche site.

You could be ranking for multiple keywords that might have sub optimal volume but in aggregate will add up to sizeable traffic volume.
Have a nice day.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Jinf: 12:43pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Sup Jinf

That's what Monday-Friday will be about smiley

I know you rearing to go.

But to answer your question briefly I will say going for 1k-10k (depending on the actual exact search number) might not be the optimal strategy.

Why?

Competition will be too massive and it might take you years to conquer that space (appearing on the first page).

Also you don't want the 100 number too. Volume is too low.

We will get to how to go about this, this week.

I mentioned the SEO Value as a guide to choose viable keywords and this will answer your question. I will be fleshing this out this week.

Watch this space.

Cheers.
grin I can't wait to get started!

Weldone.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Jinf: 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Hey Jinf,

I will also write about a tidy trick to show exact search volume for a keyword on the google adwords keyword planner.

Normally, you will see estimated search volume in ranges (1k-10k). But there is a nifty way to see the exact search volume. We will get to that.

You should also know that you aren't going to be targeting a single keyword on your niche site.

You could be ranking for multiple keywords that might have sub optimal volume but in aggregate will add up to sizeable traffic volume.
Have a nice day.
INTERESTING!

It's my first time of researching about keywords. Looking forward to the post on how to use it properly.

Do have a nice day too!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Website Designing, Graphic Designing, And Web Hosting Services. Cheap & Reliable / Cost of Developing a Website in Nigeria / Teenager Sells Mobile Startup To Yahoo for $30 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.