Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate (15108 Views)

Oyo State Local Government Elections 2018 (Live Updates) / Anambra Elections: Senate Committee Meets With INEC (photos) / APC Wins Lagos Local Government Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by Limitednow: 5:38am On Jul 26, 2017
‎THE Senate has taken away the power of the State Independent Electoral Commissions to conduct local governments elections.

That power has bow been given to the Independent National Electoral Commission.

The resolution of the Senate came after a prayer by Senator Dino Melaye during the ongoing consideration of the amendment of the 1999 C‎onstitution.

Melaye argued that for the country to have free and fair local government elections, the INEC must oversee the process and not SIECs.

The federal lawmakers also gave 30 days ultimatum to the President and Governors to appoint Ministers and Commissioners after inauguration into ‎office.

The Senate adhoc Committee in its amendment of the Constitution has also eliminated the joint account between states and local governments.

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/07/constitution-amendment-inec-conduct-local-govt-elections-senate/

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by sarrki(m): 5:40am On Jul 26, 2017
Brilliant one by the senate

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by Wasquad(m): 5:46am On Jul 26, 2017
If this report is authentic then It's a welcome development.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by Limitednow: 5:51am On Jul 26, 2017
OK
Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by Almaheed: 5:59am On Jul 26, 2017
thank God you people are actually making sensible laws in favor of the electorate. please they should kill that NGO bill...

3 Likes

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by obonujoker(m): 6:03am On Jul 26, 2017
Better small.... LASIEC is compromised, in fact all state electoral commissions are compromised.... once a governor is in one party, the state NEC will cheat other party aspirants...

Just like LAGOS, EKITI, ABIA....

22 Likes

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by Lanceslot(m): 6:12am On Jul 26, 2017
I think its an inappropriate move...
Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by Larryfest(m): 6:13am On Jul 26, 2017
A good move

1 Like

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by chibuzorAbia: 6:15am On Jul 26, 2017
Nonsense move, as if INEC is perfect

2 Likes

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by Realdeals(m): 6:23am On Jul 26, 2017
They have amended the constitution to check other arms of government power, what have they done to check their own excesses.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by BabaRamota1980: 6:24am On Jul 26, 2017
Wasquad:
If this report is authentic then It's a welcome development.

The report is fake. Thats not process for how constitution is amended.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by profhezekiah: 6:33am On Jul 26, 2017
obonujoker:
Better small.... LASIEC is compromised, in fact all state electoral commissions are compromised.... once a governor is in one party, the state NEC will cheat other party aspirants...

Just like LAGOS, EKITI, ABIA....
Bros compromise is an understatement that never measured up at all, LASIEC is the (S)election part of APC, APC employed even ad hoc staff

6 Likes

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by pelumi111: 6:41am On Jul 26, 2017
I think this is a welcome development because the state governors have full power on their respective inec owned by their state
Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:17am On Jul 26, 2017
Dead on Arrival....No sTAte Assembly will pass these clauses...

SelfiSh Senators..

4 Likes

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by oladeebo: 7:19am On Jul 26, 2017
I think I can now go into politic and safe my local people!

2 Likes

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by dedons: 7:20am On Jul 26, 2017
Realdeals:
They have amended the constitution to check other arms of government power, what have they done to check their own excesses.
stupiid question.

He pain am!

2 Likes

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by Realdeals(m): 7:39am On Jul 26, 2017
dedons:
stupiid question.

He pain am!
I wanted to tutor you on what I meant with that statement, but after knowing you created a thread asking if you can study medicine with the below result, I stopped. Explaining to you is a waste.
English Language- E8
Mathematics- E8
physics- F9
Chemistry- D7
Biology- B3
Economics- D7
Marketing- F9
Yoruba Language- A1
Agricultural Science- C6...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by dedons: 8:11am On Jul 26, 2017
Realdeals:

I wanted to tutor you on what I meant with that statement, but after knowing you created a thread asking if you can study medicine with the below result, I stopped. Explaining to you is a waste.
hahaha.

You make me laugh.

Now I have finally confirmed your level of stupidity.

1 Like

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by deebsman1(m): 8:59am On Jul 26, 2017
This is a good one from the mofos. However its not done yet, LG's money from FAAC should also go directly to LG accounts not state governments

1 Like

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by seXytOhbAd(m): 8:59am On Jul 26, 2017
Lol, Lagos State escaped by the whiskers.

1 Like

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by adioolayi(m): 9:00am On Jul 26, 2017
So, what will be the functions of SIEC Mass Sack
Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by supereagle(m): 9:01am On Jul 26, 2017
The best decision taken so far by them.
Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by adioolayi(m): 9:02am On Jul 26, 2017
Realdeals:

grin grin grin
All those olodo children... grin

4 Likes

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by HAH: 9:04am On Jul 26, 2017
Good move I concur
Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by adioolayi(m): 9:04am On Jul 26, 2017
dedons:
hahaha.

You make me laugh.

Now I have finally confirmed your level of stupidity.

He is right.....Arguing with someone of your calibre is a total waste of time. I will suggest you go back for tutorials on how to pass your O'level ...Stop wasting Away on Nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by ivolt: 9:05am On Jul 26, 2017
dedons:
stupiid question.

He pain am!

Lack of comprehension ?

1 Like

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by kgr8mike(m): 9:06am On Jul 26, 2017
We know the right thing to do just that we choose to do the wrong ones.
Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by Philistine(m): 9:08am On Jul 26, 2017
Realdeals:

Hahaha! See result. Instead of reading they will be struggling for FP on nairaland. Dimwit!

1 Like

Re: INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate by Philistine(m): 9:10am On Jul 26, 2017
Realdeals:

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari May Not Extend Ig’s Tenure Despite Pressure / How Abdulrasheed Maina Helped Buhari's Administration Recover Huge Sum Of Money / Why Saraki Always? What About Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others? Frank Queries EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.