Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,002 members, 7,799,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees (69125 Views)

20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities / Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 26, 2017
http://www.bbc.com/news/education-40654933

Lalasticlala TheVictorious Demmzy15 Pedagogue Feran15 cheifolododo bizme thesuave10 stbottle oldfoolnigger

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 26, 2017
So now I see why it seems most Nigerians seem to grad with First class from UK universities.

All I would say is if you graduated with any kind of second class just go for a masters because 2.2 would become the new 3rd class and 2.1 become the new 2.2

The labour market is already getting filled with many UK graduates. And Covenant university just emboldened other private universities not to hold their students back from 1st Class by producing about 10% First class degrees. Many public universities like Unilag and UI are already seeing that they put their Alumni at a unique disadvantage in the labour market by intentionally downgrading them academically. So the public university system would become more liberal as the years go bye.
Lalasticlala

274 Likes 13 Shares

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by codlord: 10:43am On Jul 26, 2017
This is serious

5 Likes

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by thesuave10(m): 2:40pm On Jul 26, 2017
Statsocial:
http://www.bbc.com/news/education-40654933

Lalasticlala TheVictorious Demmzy15 Pedagogue Feran15 cheifolododo bizme thesuave10 stbottle oldfoolnigger

Awesome, I've been saying this for a while now

8 Likes

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Demmzy15(m): 2:52pm On Jul 26, 2017
Awesome!!! This is why you just look away when people blab, just look at how high it is up there. We even need to work more sef!!!

13 Likes

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Stbottle(m): 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2017
[quote author=Statsocial post=58838541]http://www.bbc.com/news/education-40654933

Lalasticlala TheVictorious Demmzy15 Pedagogue Feran15 cheifolododo bizme thesuave10 stbottle oldfoolnigger[/quotle]

Dont mind those haters jare, they have no basis for their anger. They just want to channel their aggression of suffering and make themselves feel good

9 Likes

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 26, 2017
Demmzy15:
Awesome!!! This is why you just look away when people blab, just look at how high it is up there. We even need to work more sef!!!
Tell them o. I am waiting for someone to say OAU is better than imperial college because oau produces a very lower percentage of first class. Many Nigerians should become more informed before blabbing.

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by oldfoolnigger(m): 6:09pm On Jul 26, 2017
Cool smiley
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by mercytripletz: 6:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
If the schools are Nigeria now, some dumb people will tag the schools 'bad', 'Cheat', 'weak' because of the high number of first class grads

24 Likes

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by TheVictorious(m): 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
Statsocial:
So now I see why it seems most Nigerians seem to grad with First class from UK universities.

All I would say is if you graduated with any kind of second class just go for a masters because 2.2 would become the new 3rd class and 2.1 become the new 2.2

The labour market is already getting filled with many UK graduates. And Covenant university just emboldened other private universities not to hold their students back from 1st Class by producing about 10% First class degrees. Many public universities like Unilag and UI are already seeing that they put their Alumni at a unique disadvantage in the labour market by intentionally downgrading them academically. So the public university system would become more liberal as the years go bye.
Lalasticlala

Good observation man!

10 Likes

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by TheVictorious(m): 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2017
Later some ignorant folks will come here and bash CU because of first class. Who told you that inability to get first class is a good index of academic standard. If you say so, does that make our mushroom federal schools better than these UK universities

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by TheVictorious(m): 6:51pm On Jul 26, 2017
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun; come and see!
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2017
mercytripletz:
If the schools are Nigeria now, some dumb people will tag the schools 'bad', 'Cheat', 'weak' because of the high number of first class grads
Me thinks it is Intellectual slavery. This idea that we even have to show people UK degree chart to prove to them that academic success isn't mysterious but just a product of diligence and the right conditions is just ridiculous. How do we solve the problems of higher education if our future leaders see the "abnormal as normal" and "normal as abnormal?"

Many of our colleagues in the public educational sector have been battered by very poor conditions which is no fault of theirs but to promote and advocate for the same wrong system they went through is just wrong and won't help us.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 26, 2017
shocked what! Really!

No wonder everyone graduates from first-class from there

Wait, but wouldn't it be right when public university students say that their 2.2 graduates can make First class in private universities?

Lalasticlala pls move to fp.

9 Likes

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 26, 2017
Mirand606:
shocked what! Really!

No wonder everyone graduates from first-class from there

Wait, but wouldn't it be right when public university students say that their 2.2 graduates can make First class in private universities?

Lalasticlala pls move to fp.
It would have been easy to have that discussion if ppl from public universities weren't so condescending on folks from private universities.

I am always weary of defending private universities these days bearing in mind that their are too many unserious providers involved. But I can certainly defend some select private universities.

As regard Academic excellence, there are two factors involved
The Individual and
The Environment

The individual as concerning diligence and creativity. The environment as concerning facilities, Pedagogical concepts, monitored processes, structured administration, empowering atmosphere, can do atmosphere e.t.c

Merely telling a person "A is for God" is enough to demoralize people. So yes we can always debate about the comparative values of our degrees. But the problem here is that ppl don't want to agree that the problem is majorly with public university. So for them solving the situation is about Covenant university reducing the number of first class degrees rather than public universities stepping up.

15 Likes

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by LexngtonSteele: 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2017
I asked the same question when i saw like five 1st Class degrees from UK in the same week.

Someone explained it the same way....i would try to dig it up if i can find the exact quote

Old school guys like us didn't have it this easy grin....

In those days, you would hear " Last 1st class was 25 years ago, only 1 since inception"

But thumbs up to the guys getting the 1st class these days. Too many distractions, girls are scantily dressed now and easier to bang

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 27, 2017
I dont understand the graph...Ayam not understanding

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by registration(m): 4:09pm On Jul 27, 2017
Oh I see
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2017
If na so, go try am now!
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Nigeriadondie: 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2017
undecided If u school abroad and with all the state of the art faciilities and u re serious and determined coupled with lecturers who dont see themselves as gods or too arrogant to even relate well with their students tell me why that student would not excel. Not one who wud impose textbooks on u and fail u for not buying or tell u grade A is for God or his dead ancestors

Those who do sciences, engineering and medical courses and studied both in Nigeria and abroad wud see the huge difference between modern 21st century education and archaic system of education in Nigeria with dilapidated labs and if there are equipment they are old model and that is y our graduates trained locally can never measure up to d challenges of d 21st century. Not to talk of outdated curriculum as some of our lecturers still give their notes of 80's to students in 2017

What of incessant strikes by ASUU, NASU, SSANU that wud make a student spend more years than necessary when he or she must ve spent years waiting to get in, in the first place.

No wonder our looters in power send their kids abroad to school cos they know the wide gap between our educational system abroad and what u ve home. Even the least rated school in Europe and America is far ahead of our so called presitgious ivory towers if they even ve any prestige at all.

Also, the excellent performance of Nigerian students abroad attests to d fact that if given the right environment, Nigerians would always excel even far beyond set expectations. But sadly, most of the abundant talented youths whose skills should ve been nurtured, groomed,mdeveloped and subsequently harnessed for the good of all rots away.

Nigeria is a ground for destroying destinies but when some are able to succeed the useless country would always want to identify with success they never made any contribution to.

U see many Nigerians who ve excelled in their chosen fields abroad and when they make waves the useless govt wud want to identify with them as if they did anything to contribute to d success of that individual and obviously if that person had been in Nigeria is 101% certain that such individual may never have gotten to d peak of their career perharp some may ve died

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Jaqenhghar: 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2017
University of Dundee ke? shocked
Na dundee go full there O

2 Likes

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by depumpin(m): 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2017
hmm
For your clean or raw GINGER or anyting related to ginger Pls contact Me or chat me on whatsapp 07017289336
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by dakeskese(m): 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2017

hmmm... I have absolutely nothing to say on this matter.
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Shiitposter: 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2017
Its called Affrimative Action. You can google it.

2 Likes

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Beejayarts: 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2017
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Zico5(m): 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2017
OK
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by NonFarmPayrol: 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2017
shocked shocked
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by NonFarmPayrol: 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2017
mercytripletz:

dont mind them

2 Likes

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by blackbeau1(f): 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2017
Well, in Uk, the lecturers aren't as bitter and wicked as the ones we have here. For instance, one of our lecturers told us 'anatomy dept can never produce a 1st class because they (lecturers) can't let us do so. 'According to him if we did, there's a chance we could get a job in the department and they simply couldn't allow that.

3 Likes

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by HajimeSaito(m): 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2017
Yes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

U.I Student Who Channeled Sango While Contesting For Mr U.I, Gets Burnt / A Pupil Was Asked To Name 3 Animals That Move At Night. See The Answer / Nnpc/snepco And Seplat Scholarship Discussion Thread 2020.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.