Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,894 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Are There Jobs In Uk ? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are There Jobs In Uk ? (24747 Views)

2016 CHEVENING MSC SCHOLARSHIPS IN UK UNIVERSITIES / Nigerian Graduate Who Shared CVs In UK Subway Now Hiring (Photo) / Any Jobs In Oil/Gas Sector? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Jobs In Uk ? by pafun(m): 9:36am On Feb 08, 2010
Honestly I am honestly really pissed off. Visiting UK  and found two friends - grown up men in their 40s,  who have not had a job for almost two years and just living on their wives who are nurses. I am sure there are hundreds of similar instances like that all over. The Naija churches in London are filled with peeps wearing mournful looks and you can see that their lives are going nowhere because most don't have a job anymore but they are too proud to let anybody know that. Why can't people just get wise that they are living in fool's paradise And surprisingly there are thousands of youths in Naija warming up and spending their lives applying for visa under any kind of guise to go an earn pound sterling. London job market is more bombed than Lagos . At least at home you get sympathy and well perhaps nothing else but here in London there is "no paddy for jungle"

1 Like

Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by justwise(m): 9:56am On Feb 08, 2010
pafun:

Honestly I am honestly really pissed off. Visiting UK  and found two friends - grown up men in their 40s,  who have not had a job for almost two years and just living on their wives who are nurses. I am sure there are hundreds of similar instances like that all over. The Naija churches in London are filled with peeps wearing mournful looks and you can see that their lives are going nowhere because most don't have a job anymore but they are too proud to let anybody know that. Why can't people just get wise that they are living in fool's paradise And surprisingly there are thousands of youths in Naija warming up and spending their lives applying for visa under any kind of guise to go an earn pound sterling. London job market is more bombed than Lagos . At least at home you get sympathy and well perhaps nothing else but here in London there is "no paddy for jungle"

So if he comes home he will get job? How many graduates in Nigeria gets job after NYSC? Millions of pple here both british and non British are out of work, atleast his wife is working.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by IykeD(m): 10:30am On Feb 08, 2010
Well said Justwise.Is it better here? At least at the end of the day, he goes home sleeps well without fear of Power failure all night and even day.At least his wife has got a job.A couple i know recently lost their jobs in the banking sector.The husband was sacked at oceanic while the wife sacked at intercont and they have two kids.They little they saved have been used in paying creditors who brought in goods to them on credit.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by justwise(m): 10:46am On Feb 08, 2010
IykeD:

Well said Justwise.Is it better here? At least at the end of the day, he goes home sleeps well without fear of Power failure all night and even day.At least his wife has got a job.A couple i know recently lost their jobs in the banking sector.The husband was sacked at oceanic while the wife sacked at intercont and they have two kids.They little they saved have been used in paying creditors who brought in goods to them on credit.

Don't mind him, he should look back home b4 worrying about pple in the UK, millions of pple back home can't even get a job and he wants more to come back and join them.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by pafun(m): 11:33am On Feb 08, 2010
Who is talking about job ? I am talking about earning a living as a decent human being instead of living like a parasite. People who have problems back at home are those who are not able to think beyond "job". There are dozens of other ways to earn a living other than looking endlessly for a job. Most people are just too lazy or proud to try them and then they go do worse things with themselves abroad. Get yourself out of the "job" trap guys and get off your lazy butts to earn money to maintain yourself. I have not had a "job" in more than 10 years, I have a fish and poultry farm and I am able to take holidays abroad.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 08, 2010
I believe there are Jobs everywhere, all you have to do is make yourself desirable. Simple.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by justwise(m): 12:05pm On Feb 08, 2010
pafun:

Who is talking about job ? I am talking about earning a living as a decent human being instead of living like a parasite. People who have problems back at home are those who are not able to think beyond "job". There are dozens of other ways to earn a living other than looking endlessly for a job. Most people are just too lazy or proud to try them and then they go do worse things with themselves abroad. Get yourself out of the "job" trap guys and get off your lazy butts to earn money to maintain yourself. I have not had a "job" in more than 10 years, I have a fish and poultry farm and I am able to take holidays abroad.
Yes its about JOB, ur fish and poultry are ur job, did u employ anybody? Yes? then its their job too, u can't start fish and poultry without money. tell us those dozen things one can do to make a living that doesn't involve money. Whatever u do to earn a living is ur job.

1 Like

Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by justwise(m): 12:07pm On Feb 08, 2010
chipmunkey:

I believe there are Jobs everywhere, all you have to do is make yourself desirable. Simple.

Can you u tell us more? Its very easy to qoute these things but practically u can't do jack.

1 Like

Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by pafun(m): 12:20pm On Feb 08, 2010
This is what we are saying. People are just too lazy to do their own thinking. Other people's ideas will not work for you. Go inside yourself and find things that are unique about you or things that extremely interest you and try to sell it to other people. This is the way to independence. Yes my farm is my job ; but it is more than that . If I am not there I have people who takes care for me so it is not a job anymore - it is a BUSINESS. When I started it I had no money either but I had listening ears who were willing to help because they could feel my desire. Most people just expect to sit down and expect others to come to them with ideas and even money to finance the idea while they sit at home watching cable television and eating chicken and chips and perhaps going every week to collect "owo baba"because they don't have "job".
It is shameful my people.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by justwise(m): 12:36pm On Feb 08, 2010
pafun:

This is what we are saying. People are just too lazy to do their own thinking. Other people's ideas will not work for you. Go inside yourself and find things that are unique about you or things that extremely interest you and try to sell it to other people. This is the way to independence. Yes my farm is my job ; but it is more than that . If I am not there I have people who takes care for me so it is not a job anymore - it is a BUSINESS. When I started it I had no money either but I had listening ears who were willing to help because they could feel my desire. Most people just expect to sit down and expect others to come to them with ideas and even money to finance the idea while they sit at home watching cable television and eating chicken and chips and perhaps going every week to collect "owo baba"because they don't have "job".
It is shameful my people.

Obviously u are contracding urself, ur business is ur JOB, be practical and stop speaking in tongues. The Nigerian u met in london had a job b4 he lost it, there are stories like that EVERYWHERE even more in Nigeria, u can't call him a lazy man cos he doesn't have a job for 2yrs, things are not always black & white as u put it.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by pafun(m): 12:41pm On Feb 08, 2010
Bros I tire .
It is tough trying to make sense to mindsets . Good luck to you all undecided
My only concern is for people who are still going to UK embassy to queue for visa in hope that they will be able to go earn pound sterling. If they put all that money they are wasting on a little enterprise at home most of them will be better off. But they prefer to go eat 99p chicken and chips which will make them fat and useless and wash corpses and gutters for a living. Haba !
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by justwise(m): 12:59pm On Feb 08, 2010
pafun:

Bros I tire .
It is tough trying to make sense to mindsets . Good luck to you all undecided
My only concern is for people who are still going to UK embassy to queue for visa in hope that they will be able to go earn pound sterling. If they put all that money they are wasting on a little enterprise at home most of them will be better off. But they prefer to go eat 99p chicken and chips which will make them fat and useless and wash corpses and gutters for a living. Haba !

That is 1908 mentality, you have no proof of that, how many Nigerians here do u know? There are thousands of Nigerians here doing well, u saw just one person and draw baseless conclusion. If Nigeria is heaven as u want us to believe pple will not be rushing out in numbers. Pple come here for different reasons and many will not regret taking that step. You are just rambling without any clear point.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by pafun(m): 1:06pm On Feb 08, 2010
How many Nigrians do I know in UK ? My friend I know London better than the Queen does and I worked six years there on good office jobs before I returned home fully convinced that I was in another slave farm  body and soul  and I thought I was enjoying. Nevertheless if it works for you guys ,cheers!   cheesy
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by justwise(m): 1:12pm On Feb 08, 2010
pafun:

How many Nigrians do I know in UK ? My friend I know London better than the Queen does and I worked six years there on good office jobs before I returned home fully convinced that I was in another slave farm body and soul and I thought I was enjoying. Nevertheless if it works for you guys ,cheers! cheesy

You must be serving tea in that office for 6yrs. If u worked in 'good' office in london for 6yrs and went home empty handed then u got serious problem.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by Godalone(m): 1:32pm On Feb 08, 2010
justwise:

You must be serving tea in that office for 6yrs. If u worked in 'good' office in london for 6yrs and went home empty handed then u got serious problem.
lol
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by pafun(m): 1:36pm On Feb 08, 2010
Ha you have big problem Bros !
Do people ever get visa to serve tea ? After you have paid all your tax and bills tell me how much you have left if you are a person not employed in medical professions?  Now tell me if any of those your friends with no job have to return home next month (even next year) , how much will they have in pocket ? I was simply (just)wise enough to see that I was better off when I was living at home and cut my losses. Please let me leave you toget on with your work if you have one; I am here on pleasure visit.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by segzeybaba(m): 1:39pm On Feb 08, 2010
pafun:

How many Nigrians do I know in UK ? My friend I know London better than the Queen does and I worked six years there on good office jobs before I returned home fully convinced that I was in another slave farm  body and soul  and I thought I was enjoying. Nevertheless if it works for you guys ,cheers!   cheesy

You might be making your point clear as per many youth queuin up for visa but if you come here and worked for six years doing some 'office job' and go back home without good bank balance and still begging for money to start your fish business, then you must be a pig farmer on the TV programme 'UK Border Force on sky'  grin

Sitting at home for 2years, dont mean the man is lazy, is he not the same man that was working before been sacked?

Please get your facts right and just stop hating on people in the diaspora.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by juzme: 1:40pm On Feb 08, 2010
@ Pafun, Nothing you said in this thread make any sense. there are so many issues you raised in your posts.
Lazy people: You call people lazy because you are able to get  a farm. What about those that don't have access to that.
People in UK don't want to show that things are not well with them. I.e pretend to be doing well: maybe they should say that to you so that you can hire them in your farm.
People washing corpse and whatever: People who don't have job and now eventually have corpse to wash. Wow! good luck to them. there are people who are looking for this job and cant find it.
People queuing up at UK embassy: And what is your business. You were once queued up there to  obtain your visiting visa.
My dear, you don't compare UK and Nigeria. Like Justwise said most of those guys you met that have no Job were once working.
There are no country it is easy at the moment and Nigeria is not any better even in 10 years time.
So please think before you pass judgement or you just trying to know if there are jobs in UK so that you can overstay your visiting visa.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by pafun(m): 1:50pm On Feb 08, 2010
Be honest ; how much do any of you apologists have in your bank account TODAY.
Now total all your assets against your liabilities and tell me if you end up in red or not. Come on be honest with yourself for ONCE.

I apologize though for calling people lazy.I thank god for enabling me to see opportunity where others see problem.
The infuriating thing is that it is only Nigerians who sit tight in UK even after they don't have a job anymore and I can understand why these people hate us. People from other countries just swallow their pride and leave . But Nigerian ?  nooo h! Aye won ! Na here we go die.
[Unless you drive them with stick or deport them by force]
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by flekan(m): 2:37pm On Feb 08, 2010
segzeybaba:

You might be making your point clear as per many youth queuin up for visa but if you come here and worked for six years doing some 'office job' and go back home without good bank balance and still begging for money to start your fish business, then you must be a pig farmer on the TV programme 'UK Border Force on sky'  grin

Sitting at home for 2years, dont mean the man is lazy, is he not the same man that was working before been sacked?

Please get your facts right and just stop hating on people in the diaspora.

LMAO!! grin
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by pafun(m): 2:41pm On Feb 08, 2010
flekan:

LMAO!!  grin

LMAO  . Smoked some really great s*it ? grin
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 08, 2010
@ Justwise. If you make get yourself acquainted with necessary skills which people need to develop their business enterprise, they will seek after you, especially if there are only a few people who posses the skills you have. The less people in your field, the more you earn. That is why some people are being invited to take offers here in Nigeria without them even applying while others keep distributing applications like a mass mail which is of course turned down. ends up as junk. Do you now get my drift?
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by tunnytox(m): 3:05pm On Feb 08, 2010
ROTFLMAO @pafun you are fulfilling a Yoruba proverb that ogbon agbonju n pa ologbon lara .some of these people you mentioned presently out of jobs do at least have their wives in full time employment so you think the best option 4 these ones will be to swallow their pride and go back home? Which pride are you talking about? And what job can they get in Nigeria that will make them earn what the wife is earning at the moment? Truly it is wrong 4 ppl to travel 4 wrong reasons but once they are here legitimately running back home because they are out of job would rather compound their problem rather than improve it
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by flekan(m): 3:15pm On Feb 08, 2010
pafun:

LMAO  . Smoked some really great s*it ? grin

Yea!! The one you sold for me grin
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by pafun(m): 3:22pm On Feb 08, 2010
flekan:

Yea!! The one you sold for me grin
OK maybe someone who looked like me. But please stop smoking that stuff or you'll go crazy and for god's sake stop grinning like that or ppl will think you are mad already and start avoiding you . You don't bite do you ? undecided
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by flekan(m): 3:24pm On Feb 08, 2010
pafun:

OK maybe someone who looked like me. But please stop smoking that stuff or you'll go crazy and for god's sake stop grinning like that or ppl will think you are mad already and start avoiding you . You don't bite do you ? undecided

You must be smoking a whole lot of what you sell yourself, you sounded like a mad person. grin
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by pafun(m): 3:42pm On Feb 08, 2010
flekan:

You must be smoking a whole lot of what you sell yourself, you sounded like a mad person. grin
OK I accept your promise that you will not do it again. How is your work ? Family nko ? Small small o !
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by flekan(m): 3:43pm On Feb 08, 2010
pafun:

OK I accept your promise that you will not do it again. How is your work ? Family nko ? Small small o !

Mr Character smiley
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by jaybee3(m): 3:45pm On Feb 08, 2010
Jobs are still being created for the right professionals.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by joxiri: 3:54pm On Feb 08, 2010
pafun those ur friends who are 40 and at home, just dont want to work all those people going to embassy in nigeria are willing to come here to do shite jobs
them guys u ve mentioned are not desperate cos just as there are jobs in niger there are jobs here if they mind cleaning or other menial jobs they will definetly get a job maybe not asap but 2 yrs at home
lets not deceive ourselves those 40 yr old men are just layabouts who dont wanna work
man they should go job centre and they will get trainned on driving fork lift trucks or something
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by pafun(m): 4:50pm On Feb 08, 2010
joxiri:

pafun those your friends who are 40 and at home, just dont want to work all those people going to embassy in nigeria are willing to come here to do shite jobs
them guys u ve mentioned are not desperate cos just as there are jobs in niger there are jobs here if they mind cleaning or other menial jobs they will definetly get a job maybe not asap but 2 yrs at home
lets not deceive ourselves those 40 yr old men are just layabouts who dont wanna work
man they should go job centre and they will get trainned on driving fork lift trucks or something
God go bless you for your mother.
This is what I was thinking before people started making excuses for not working (no job) and abusing me all over the place say I done do boy-boy tire for London before I run away go become better person for home. You wey you no run nko ?
If a man (almost 50) is sitting at home and his wife is feeding him together with four children , he should be deported. It is a reflection that most people here in Uk have lost all shame . If this is happening in Naija now, we can excuse and say OK Naija na suffer - suffer country . But here we have ppl smiling and feeling funky (and even posting nice pix on internet) without job and not caring anymore because hey don't you know there is a recession ? that is why i am not earning a living. Shameful.
Re: Are There Jobs In Uk ? by tunde300us(m): 4:54pm On Feb 08, 2010
Both side of the coin is fristrating,one of is make believe(london) and the other one is reality(Nigeria).

Imagine someone without job in the UK,he comforts himself with the fact that he is in the UK(electricity,security and water 24/7) and one day the economy will be better he should get a job and for 2 yrs he is still there hoping.

The other person was once in the UK,left cos he realises all his active days is what the british system requires of a nigerian (dats why they help him with mortgage for all his life's worth) and as soon as he gets to nigeria he starts a small business and the business becomes big and he seemed comfortable until one day armed robbers invade his office and steals all he has worked for(if dem no kill am) and even borrowed to expand his growing business.

Pls tell me which one u go take ppl ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures / Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job / Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.